Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0

0
Acie

Yes.
0
terryvoth

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

Can PB 5.0, 6.0, and 6.5 Coexist
I currently support a couple of PB5.0 applications and I am looking to upgrade them to PB 6 or 6.5. I read the 6.5 documentation that said you need to remove all previous versions of PB before installing. I would like to have 5.0 and 6.0 or 6.5 coexist so that I can still support the old application while I work the 6.5 to learn and study the upgrade. So, can they co-exist and what problems might I run into? Thanks , Doug I have PB5 16-bit, (5.03), PB5 32-bit (PB5.04), PB6.5 and PB7 on the same machine - They live in different worlds. Make sure you keep backups of code and main...

will the PB 6.5.1 maintenance release properly upgrade 6.5?
I use PB 6.5 and it works fine for me but SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 that came with it has upper() and lower() functions all messed up (can't properly select people's names with national (polish) characters in it) I know from my client that SQL Any 6 is fine with this respect so,,, I want to upgrade, but before I download 19M of the PB 6.5.1 over my telephone line I would like to know: will the PB 6.5.1 maintenance release properly upgrade my 6.5? In fact what I want is SQL Any 6 (development and run-time) so maybe there is a way to get this fixed SQL Any for my PB? Thanks!...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade pack ? thanks Go to http://support.sybase.com select Software Distribution, log on, select Powerbuilder and then pick PB 6.5.1 maintenance patch. Harpreet Netvigator wrote in message ... >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade >pack ? > >thanks > > Go to Sybase Developers Network (http://www.sybase.com/sdn) and look for the patches link. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:02:22 +0800, &quo...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where is this file ? thanks http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001286 On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:03:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Netvigator <kevinlcw@ctimail.com> wrote: >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where >is this file ? > >thanks > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com ...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Running PB 6.5.1 on Localized Deployment Kit of 6.5.0
Hi, Because the Localized Deployment Kit for PB 6.5.1 is not yet available (am I wrong?), I'am planning to build my application (EXE + PBDs) on PB 6.5.1 and then use the �old� Localized Deployment Kit of PB 6.5.0 to execute it. Does someone already try it? Do you think it will work? TIA, Claude Charest Claude, I would not recommend this... I've done it in the past and have had (seemingly) random GPFs and "Internal PowerBuilder Error, contact Sybase" errors. If you decide to do this, test, test, test and then test some more. HTH, Greg -- ______...

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

Informix + PB 6.5: which I-Net for PB 6.5?
Hi, I want to migrate our PB4/ PB 5.01 16 bit Informix applications to 32bit. Which version of CLI/I-Connect and which PB 6.5 build do you recomend me? We are using 7.13 and 7.30 OnLine. TIA Pepa PS. I need ISO 8859.2 <-> ISO latin 2 (1250) conversion. We use the latest INFORMIX-Connect v 7.2 drivers for our PB 6.5 apps. These drivers are available for free download (actually INFORMIX-Client SDK, of which INFORMIX-Connect is the runtime component) from the Informix website ...

Install PB 6.5 over PB 6.0
I installed PB 6.5 mainteneance files over PB 6.0 and i think it works good. is it a mistake? On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 08:41:47 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc Jandri <jandri@mx2.redestb.es> wrote: >I installed PB 6.5 mainteneance files over PB 6.0 and i think it works >good. >is it a mistake? No, if you just downloaded the PB 6.5 (free) maintenance files that is what you're supposed to do. However if you have upgraded your PB6.0 to the full PB 6.5 version, which includes PowerSite 1.5, PowerDesigner Appmodeler, soon to be shipped Web Deployme...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

Migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5.1
Hi, Anybody have experience in migrating PB application from 5.0.04 to 6.5.1? Is it a easy stuff, or we need to modify a lot for the migration? For the installation of PB 6.5.1, do I need to install 6.0, then 6.5, and then 6.5.1, and then 6.5.1 EBF, or I can start in the mid-way? Is there any performance gain (or loss) for 6.5.1 vs 5.0? Thanks in advance ...Andrew 11Jan2000 The migration should be straightforward. Back up your PB 5.0.04 source, run the migration once and note the errors, warnings, etc... that are generated from the migration. Fix those in your backed ...

where I can find patch for PB 5.0 or PB 6.5
To enable me to work with PB 5.0 or 6.5 and Access 2000 I need to down load the patch. Kindly advice NNM softwarexpress.sybase.com. Only for 6.5 though (the 6.5.1 maintenance release). There's nothing that can be done for PB 5.x. On Sat, 25 Mar 2000 12:57:23 +0530, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity N N Mathur <uspl@mantraonline.com> wrote: >To enable me to work with PB 5.0 or 6.5 and Access 2000 I need to down load >the patch. >Kindly advice > >NNM > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.c...

PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0 in OS W2K Professional
PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional: I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I am only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299? Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and 6.5? PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0: Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0? Is 8.0 support WIN XP? Regards. Set your timeframe to 'ALL' on http://downloads.sybase.com. While that is the most current build, it was released at least over 6 months ago (the default timeframe of this site)...

PVCS VM 6.6 and PB 6.5.1 ?
What are the things to do to migrate from VM 6.0 to VM 6.6 when using from PB 6.5.1 or PB7. What are the advantages of the new version ? Is there a specific document on that ? Thanks ...

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

problem with migration pb 6.5 to pb 6.0
after problems in compilation with pb 6.5, I compile librairies in pb 6.0 and it is ok. But, in menu, letters with accent ("�" or "�" ) become "o". thanks to say me if it's normal... ...

Concurrent perl 5.6.0, 5.6.1, 5.8.0, and 5.8.0threaded
Hi, So, I'd like to have multiple versions of perl installed on my system, for testing stuff, poking around, etc. It's not really that difficult, actually - you just arrange that they have different @INC directories (or that they overlap in the ways you want them to), and you make /usr/bin/perl point as a symlink to whichever version you want to use regularly (probably 5.6.1). Here's what I think I'd have, creating a few fink packages to manage things for me: * /usr/bin/perl5.6.0 - Apple's perl, unmodified, @INC is: /System/Library/Perl/darwin ...

How do I connect PB 6.5 to Oracle 8.1.6 using Net8.1.6?
I am using PB6.5 (build 444) and I've Installed Oracle client (Net8) v8.1.6 to connect to Oracle Server 8.1.6. I can connect via SQL*Plus; however, When i try to connect thru Powerbuilder i get the following message: "Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12154" Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Which driver are you trying to use? The 7.x drivers require the '@' prefix, the 8.x drivers don't (and will generate such an error message if you provide it). On Wed, 07 Mar 2001 16:40:13 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerb...

PB 6.5.1, Connect to Oracle 8.1.6.3 with PBO7360.DLL (v6.5.1.620)
Hey, I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within the PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1). tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but just not PB. If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7, @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514 (if you try again). He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed. I have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine. We've tried SQL-Net 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB...

PB 6.5.1, Connect to Oracle 8.1.6.3 with PBO7360.DLL (v6.5.1.620)
Hey, I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within the PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1). tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but just not PB. If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7, @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514 (if you try again). He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed. I have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine. We've tried SQL-Net 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB...

Can I have 6.5.0 and 6.5.1 installed on the same PC?
I need to have these two versions installed simultaneously (one app is still on 6.5.0 and will stay there, but another one is going to 6.5.1). If I just install them in different directories and make sure they use their own /Shared directories, will that be sufficient or is there something else I should be aware of? TIA -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- No, I need two instalaltions of PB (i.e. the IDE). ...

Web resources about - Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Help:Contents/Account settings and maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reliability centered maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It is generally used to achieve improvements in fields such as the establishment of safe minimum levels of maintenance, changes to operating ...

Facebook Is Not Closing For Maintenance Feb. 29 To 31: Care To Guess Why?
... leap year.” Keep that traditional limerick in mind if you receive a message on the social network saying that Facebook will be closed for maintenance ...

High Maintenance (@HMwebseries) on Twitter

App Store - Gas Cubby - Fuel Economy (MPG, Mileage) Calculator and Car Maintenance & Service Log
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Gas Cubby - Fuel Economy (MPG, Mileage) Calculator and Car Maintenance ...

Looming shortage of aircraft maintenance staff
A looming 30 per cent global shortage of aircraft maintenance workers will hit Australia hard, a University of NSW study has found.

Looming shortage of aircraft maintenance staff
A looming 30 per cent global shortage of aircraft maintenance workers will hit Australia hard, a University of NSW study has found.

Northside General Hospital ER delays maintenance shutdown until Mar. 13
The Northside General Hospital emergency department has postponed a temporary shutdown to replace its back-up emergency generator until next ...

allkpop.com Site Maintenance
Sorry for the inconvenience, but we should be back within the next couple hours! In the meantime, you can hang out here and on our shop blog ...

Site Maintenance – The Plan and a Bleg for Help
Folks, The site changes and updates are proceeding well on the test server, but I’m having some major issue shoehorning some things together ...