Can PB 5.0, 6.0, and 6.5 Coexist

I currently support a couple of PB5.0 applications and I am looking to
upgrade them to PB 6 or 6.5.  I read the 6.5 documentation that said you
need to remove all previous versions of PB before installing.  I would
like to have 5.0 and 6.0 or 6.5 coexist so that I can still support the
old application while I work the 6.5 to learn and study the upgrade.
So, can they co-exist and what problems might I run into?

Thanks , Doug

0
Doug

I have PB5 16-bit, (5.03), PB5 32-bit (PB5.04), PB6.5 and PB7 on the
same machine - They live in different worlds. Make sure you keep backups
of code and maintain them in separate areas and you should be OK. Watch
out for items such as SQL Anywhere/Adaptive Server Anywhere upgrades -
ODBC has not been a problem for me, but I've heard from others that it
can be.

regards

Doug Wiesner wrote:

> I currently support a couple of PB5.0 applications and I am looking to
> upgrade them to PB 6 or 6.5.  I read the 6.5 documentation that said you
> need to remove all previous versions of PB before installing.  I would
> like to have 5.0 and 6.0 or 6.5 coexist so that I can still support the
> old application while I work the 6.5 to learn and study the upgrade.
> So, can they co-exist and what problems might I run into?
>
> Thanks , Doug

Bill Green[TeamPS - retired] 	| http://www.teamps.com
Power3 - Custom Training 	| http://www.power3.com
New: Software Quality Practice using Cyrano et al
Bill

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

PowerBuilder Upgrade 5.0 -> 6.0/6.5 for PowerFrame?
Has anyone upgraded PowerFrame (Metasolv's old framework) from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0/6.5? Did you run into any major problems? ANY upgrade advice (PowerFrame or not) would be appreciated. Should I just wait for 7.0? What's the latest on its release? Please respond here or email to eleuschner@levi.com. Thanks in advance, Ellen (The last living person not using PFC. IT'S NOT MY CHOICE!) Ellen, Have you tried calling MetaSolv? I know that they dropped support for PowerFrame in favor of Cornerstone but they may still be willing to help. Rey Bango Team Powersoft.....

Concurrent perl 5.6.0, 5.6.1, 5.8.0, and 5.8.0threaded
Hi, So, I'd like to have multiple versions of perl installed on my system, for testing stuff, poking around, etc. It's not really that difficult, actually - you just arrange that they have different @INC directories (or that they overlap in the ways you want them to), and you make /usr/bin/perl point as a symlink to whichever version you want to use regularly (probably 5.6.1). Here's what I think I'd have, creating a few fink packages to manage things for me: * /usr/bin/perl5.6.0 - Apple's perl, unmodified, @INC is: /System/Library/Perl/darwin ...

Bugfixes for PB 6.0? Back from 6.0 to 5.0?
Hi there, since there are so many troubles with PB 6.0, does anyone know if there are any bugfixes for PB 6.0 out yet or even planned for the NEAR future? Is there a way to migrate back from PB 6.0 to PB 5.0.0x? Regards, * gerald * You sound pretty upset - if you don't mind me asking what are these troubles you are having? Gerald Znidaric wrote in message <34C86F5A.778A0197@mgm-edv.de>... >Hi there, > >since there are so many troubles with PB 6.0, does anyone know if there >are any bugfixes for PB 6.0 out yet or even planned for the NEAR future? ...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

NW 5.0 SP6a GW 5.5 Upgrade to NW 6.0 GW 6.5 and New Hardware
We are planning on upgrading a mirrored NW 5.0 SP6a GW 5.5 server to a raid 5 NW 6.0 GW 6.5 server in a mixed NW 5.0/NW 6.0 environment. My supervisor has been having me try restoring NDS from a tape backup onto test servers to simulate our production network before implementing the upgrade. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to simulate our production network (Is it necessary to do this) for testing? and/or Is there more than one method to accomplish the transition between old NW5.0/GW5.5 and new NW6.0/GW6.5 and a specific order to follow for that method? My superv...

5.0 & 6.0 to 6.5 upgrade
We currently have two node NW6SP5 cluster, one NW6SP5 non-cluster, and some NW50SP6a servers. We plan to upgrade the 6.0 servers to OES NetWare 6.5; migrate one of our 5.0 servers to newer hardware and remove the others. Currently one of the cluster servers is the master and SLPDA. To introduce OES NetWare 6.5 to the tree, what is better to do first: *migrate the 5.0 server to a box running NW6SP5, make it master, then do an inplace upgrade to OES NetWare 6.5, then do inplace OES 6.5 upgrade to 6.0 cluster and non-cluster servers? *or migrate the 5.0 server to a box runn...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

Update from 6.5.0 to 6.5.6
Hello togheter I have updated from GW 6.5.0 to 6.5.6. Now when i unload all Groupwise agents the following messaging appear: Return from ipmgmt register = FFFFFFFF errorcode = 8 another message appear also: GWPOA: Malfunctioning with the initialization of the POA (ffffffff). Module XGBAS40.NLM is being referenced. With the update there were no problems. We don't need Webaccess. The GWIA became also updated. What can i do for solve the problem? Thanks Dani Umbricht from Switzerland d.umbricht@seetalschaller.ch wrote: > Hello togheter > I have updated from ...

where I can find patch for PB 5.0 or PB 6.5
To enable me to work with PB 5.0 or 6.5 and Access 2000 I need to down load the patch. Kindly advice NNM softwarexpress.sybase.com. Only for 6.5 though (the 6.5.1 maintenance release). There's nothing that can be done for PB 5.x. On Sat, 25 Mar 2000 12:57:23 +0530, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity N N Mathur <uspl@mantraonline.com> wrote: >To enable me to work with PB 5.0 or 6.5 and Access 2000 I need to down load >the patch. >Kindly advice > >NNM > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.c...

Web resources about - Can PB 5.0, 6.0, and 6.5 Coexist - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Fischer: Gay Rights And Religious Liberty Cannot Coexist - YouTube
Bryan Fischer says gay rights and religious liberty cannot coexist and that one is going to have to give.

Coexist
Rate : Use [left] and [right] keys to rate, [enter] to submit, [esc] to cancel. Rate with 0.5 a star Rate with 1 star Rate with 1.5 stars Rate ...

Coexist
Rate : Use [left] and [right] keys to rate, [enter] to submit, [esc] to cancel. Rate with 0.5 a star Rate with 1 star Rate with 1.5 stars Rate ...

Could Charlie Hebdo and 18C coexist in Australia?
Human Rights Freedom Commissioner Tim Wilson argues Charlie Hebdo would be censored in Australia thanks to section 18C of the Racial Discrimination ...

"Coe1ist" SPIRIT ANIMAL remix of The xx "Coexist" - YouTube
FREE DOWNLOAD: http://bit.ly/coe1istmp3 spiritanimal.us ::: twitter.com/SpiritAnimalUS ::: facebook.com/SpiritAnimalUS "Coe1ist" is Spirit Animal's ...

Investment in South Sudan: the opportunity and the challenge coexist
Investment in South Sudan: the opportunity and the challenge coexist People's Daily Online "The number of China-based companies registered ...

Can Political Correctness And Free Speech Coexist On Campus?
People up in arms over "political correctness" might want to take a second to think about what free speech really means.

In a Parallels World, Mac and Windows Coexist App-ily
I am writing these words in a preview version of the new edition of Microsoft Word, which is running in a pre-release version of a radically ...

Coexist graffiti artist badly beaten by Muslim 'youths'
Every time I see a “Coexist” bumper sticker (and I see a lot of them in Berkeley), I think of soft-headed liberals who don’t understand the first ...

Can Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire Ever Coexist for New York Knicks?
There's a common misconception surrounding the New York Knicks tandem that is Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire...