Can I install pb8 without mucking up my pb7 installation?

I know the beta versions worked ok alongside pb7, but I'm right in the
middle of a big project and I don't want to have to re-build my machine due
to installing pb8! Is it ok to install 8 and use them simultaneously (not
with the same set of pbls obviously)??

Anyone installed it alongside 7.03 with no glitches?

cheers
Nic

0
Nic

I think it was it was Roy Kiesler, or possibly Terry Voth, that recently
stated he had PB 5, 6, 7, and 8 all running on the same machine without any
problems.

"Nic Pillinger" <nic@gordian.co.uk> wrote in message
> I know the beta versions worked ok alongside pb7, but I'm right in the
> middle of a big project and I don't want to have to re-build my machine
due
> to installing pb8! Is it ok to install 8 and use them simultaneously (not
> with the same set of pbls obviously)??
>
> Anyone installed it alongside 7.03 with no glitches?
>
> cheers
> Nic

0
Bug
6/26/2001 2:16:35 PM
Same here...

pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
Philip Salgannik

"Bug" <fenterbug@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I think it was it was Roy Kiesler, or possibly Terry Voth, that recently
> stated he had PB 5, 6, 7, and 8 all running on the same machine without
any
> problems.
>
> "Nic Pillinger" <nic@gordian.co.uk> wrote in message
> > I know the beta versions worked ok alongside pb7, but I'm right in the
> > middle of a big project and I don't want to have to re-build my machine
> due
> > to installing pb8! Is it ok to install 8 and use them simultaneously
(not
> > with the same set of pbls obviously)??
> >
> > Anyone installed it alongside 7.03 with no glitches?
> >
> > cheers
> > Nic

0
Philip
6/26/2001 3:09:03 PM
You can. No problems with it so far.

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:16:35 -0500,
Bug <fenterbug@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I think it was it was Roy Kiesler, or possibly Terry Voth, that recently
>stated he had PB 5, 6, 7, and 8 all running on the same machine without any
>problems.
>
>"Nic Pillinger" <nic@gordian.co.uk> wrote in message
>> I know the beta versions worked ok alongside pb7, but I'm right in the
>> middle of a big project and I don't want to have to re-build my machine
>due
>> to installing pb8! Is it ok to install 8 and use them simultaneously (not
>> with the same set of pbls obviously)??
>>
>> Anyone installed it alongside 7.03 with no glitches?
>>
>> cheers
>> Nic

0
Berndt
6/26/2001 3:10:33 PM
That was me, but I'd also say that there are no guarantees in life. It's not
paranoia when every software company is really out to destroy my machine. <BG>

Seriously, it *should* work, but considering the variables in the equation range
all the way down to your configuration (including your "beach scenes"
screensaver <g>) and the individual piece of media you'll be installing off of
(knew you shouldn't have played "frisbee" with the dog last night <g>), probably
the only way to know for sure is to give it a go. I'd say that if you've had
luck with the betas, odds are in your favour.

Good luck,

... or is that *my* beach scenes screensaver. <BG>

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:16:35 -0500,
Bug <fenterbug@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I think it was it was Roy Kiesler, or possibly Terry Voth, that recently
>stated he had PB 5, 6, 7, and 8 all running on the same machine without any
>problems.
>
>"Nic Pillinger" <nic@gordian.co.uk> wrote in message
>> I know the beta versions worked ok alongside pb7, but I'm right in the
>> middle of a big project and I don't want to have to re-build my machine
>due
>> to installing pb8! Is it ok to install 8 and use them simultaneously (not
>> with the same set of pbls obviously)??
>>
>> Anyone installed it alongside 7.03 with no glitches?
>>
>> cheers
>> Nic

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
Version 2 now available at the Sandbox
Charitable donations without money?
CLICK FOR FREE MONEY!!The Hunger Site: http://www.thehungersite.com
The Rainforest Site: http://www.therainforestsite.com
The Kids AIDS Site: http://www.thekidsaidssite.com
The Child Survival Site: http://www.thechildsurvivalsite.com
The Breast Cancer Site: http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
The Landmine Site: http://www.thelandminesite.com
0
Terry

after installing deer park without domi, you can't install, without reinstall ???
Name: haytjes Email: hv1989_at_gmail.com Product: Deer Park Summary: after installing deer park without domi, you can't install, without reinstall ??? Comments: Hi, I've installed Deer Park, with the common installation and didn't know there was an Domi 'extension'. But now I figured out there was and how to install it (reinstall). And I don't want to do that, so can you make it possible to install domi without reinstall. And if it is already like this way, please make it understable how you can do it. greetz haytjes Browser Details: Mozill...

To install or not to install?

Installing MySql DBD without installing MySql- general question.
------_=_NextPart_001_01C0F85B.7D4D3C60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" I am trying to install the DBI module and DBD for MySql on our application server running HP-Ux 10.2. I have a Linux box set up as an Apache server that is running MySql and want to query its database. When I run make (after having run Makefile.PL) on the Mysql modules-1.2215 I get an "Error exit code 1 Don't know how to make /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql.h". Can't I install the DBI on a machine without installing the database? I have looked at O'Reilly's Programm...

RE: Installing MySql DBD without installing MySql- general questi on.
Install mysql client first Anton -----Original Message----- From: Niles Reichardt [mailto:nlr@vetmed.wsu.edu] Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 6:02 PM To: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: Installing MySql DBD without installing MySql- general question. I am trying to install the DBI module and DBD for MySql on our application server running HP-Ux 10.2. I have a Linux box set up as an Apache server that is running MySql and want to query its database. When I run make (after having run Makefile.PL) on the Mysql modules-1.2215 I get an "Error exit code 1 Don't know how to make ...

Installing ardour and installing in general...
I want to try out ardour, as I'm trying to turn my laptop into a fully functional music studio, using opensource software. Ardour wants to downgrade a LOT of things on my computer, most of which I don't know what is.Some of it I do know. Fx it wants to downgrade the Compiz interface or something like that. It also changes other things, fx media libraries. I can make do without Compiz. Thats ok. But I'd be very sad if Songbird stops working or if I can't watch movies anymore. So lets say I install Ardour and the whole computer goes to hell. I can't watch movies...

Clean Install vs Upgrade
With all due respect to everyone!I have read every post in this forum with regards to performance, etc!  I have read over and over that you need to do a "clean" install of DNN 3.X to achieve the "maximum performance of this new release" - OK fine BUTAre there any "scripts" to move your data from the DNN data base from prior install (DNN 2.X) to a "clean" installation of DNN3.X   I have certainly not seen any that are available!  Could I be blind? What am I missing here - that everyone is a developer and has the luxury to do this without any regard to what is cur...

Basic Install/virt-install to test out changes, it can be done from the source directory: ./virt-manager To install the software into /usr/local (usually), you can do: python setup.py insta
Basic Install ============= For starters, if you just want to run virt-manager/virt-install to test out changes, it can be done from the source directory: ./virt-manager To install the software into /usr/local (usually), you can do: python setup.py install To build an RPM, you can run: python setup.py rpm setup.py generally has all the build and install commands, for more info see: python setup.py --help-commands python setup.py install --help http://docs.python.org/inst/standard-install.html -- Vink ...

Installing openSUSE without installing GRUB?
I'd like to install openSUSE 11.2 (milestone-2) on my spare partition, but I really don't want it to overwrite my current GRUB configuration. Is there any way either skip the GRUB install or just have it write to it's own root partition? Then I could add an entry to my current GRUB menu.lst. Thanks! -- openSUSE 11.1 x86_64; Kernel 2.6.27-9; KDE 4.2.75 (*4.3*); Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz; *6GB* DDR2 RAM; 640GB SATA HDD. -"If you fall and break your leg, don't come running to me for help!"- ------------------------------------------------------...

Install order and PowerBuilder VM installation
Three questions: 1.) When I install the PB EBFs does that also upgrade the PBVM that EAServer uses? What about the reverse? If I install the PB 7 and PB 8 support in EAServer, does the install upgrade the VM that PB uses 2.) If not, what should the order of installation be for PowerBuilder 7.0.3, PowerBuilder 8.0.1, and EAServer 4.1.1. 3.) What about PowerBuilder 8.0.2? Can I safely install this update with EAServer 4.1.1? Hi! >1.) When I install the PB EBFs does that also upgrade the PBVM that EAServer >uses? What about the reverse? If I install the PB 7 and PB...

Install Section without Install Instructions
Name: Helder Garcia Email: helderdotgarciaatgmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: Install Section without Install Instructions Comments: Good work. However, about the installation instructions, I'd like to point that the install section of the link below give us some good advice but don't tell us "how to install firefox". http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0/releasenotes/#install Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040114 ...

Installing updates without babysitting installer?
It would certainly be nice if I could install RAD Studio updates on a new installation without having to babysit the installer. Currently the 3 updates available come as 4 installers, each of which requires the trivial action of pressing the "Next" button to begin installation. Very annoying. Jason ...

Install Firefox on WinXP without installer
Hi, I need to install Firefox on Windows XP machine that i don't have administrator's rights. Is there a ZIP file version of Firefox that i can get similar to the Linux version ? Thanks Firefox Installer wrote: > Hi, > > I need to install Firefox on Windows XP machine that i don't have > administrator's rights. Is there a ZIP file version of Firefox that i can > get similar to the Linux version ? > > Thanks > > I don't see any zip builds for FF 1.5 or 1.5.0.1 on the Mozilla FTP site. ftp.mozilla.org Irwin ...

Network installation without own install server
Is it possible to install OES right of the Novell Servers? We are used to using (debian) linux netinstall. No fiddling around with CDs! Downloading these nine CDs every time a new version comes out is very very annoying. Can anyone help me with this? Wouter Mignon wrote: > Is it possible to install OES right of the Novell Servers? We are used > to using (debian) linux netinstall. No fiddling around with CDs! > > Downloading these nine CDs every time a new version comes out is very > very annoying. > > Can anyone help me with this? > Novell does...

Web resources about - Can I install pb8 without mucking up my pb7 installation? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blink Twice video installation at Summer Set Festival: 3D motion faces projected on trees - YouTube
Blink Twice is a video installation that transforms trees into huge 3D faces that smile, move, gesticulate and even follow the viewer's gaze. ...

Australia leads world in household solar panel installations
Australia has the highest rate of household solar panel installation in the world.

Tesla Powerwall home installations are starting for pilot customers
A first look at the consumer-facing Powerwall from Tesla. (credit: Megan Geuss) Tesla has begun shipping 7kWh stationary batteries— branded ...