Calling win32api functions from powerbuilder

Hi,
    I used to use a function called FindWindow in the user.exe windows 3.11
api library. I want to move my app. to a 32 bit app. on windows 95 using
pb5.0. How do I declare this function in windows 95 and what library can i
find it in? The old declaration syntax was:

function int FindWindow (string classname, string window) library "user.exe"

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Rohit

0
Rohit

FUNCTION uint FindWindowA (long classname,  &
string windowname) LIBRARY "user32.dll"

Then add code like the following to your application's open event:

uint  val

val = FindWindowA(0, "MyApp Main Window")

IF val > 0 THEN
 MessageBox("Application already running", &
 "MyApp is already running. You cannot &
 start it again")
 HALT CLOSE

ELSE
 open(w_main)
END IF

--
Mahendra Dhamdhere, CPDA
Email:nospam_mahendrad@hotmail.com

Rohit Sankholkar wrote:

> Hi,
>     I used to use a function called FindWindow in the user.exe windows
> 3.11
> api library. I want to move my app. to a 32 bit app. on windows 95
> using
> pb5.0. How do I declare this function in windows 95 and what library
> can i
> find it in? The old declaration syntax was:
>
> function int FindWindow (string classname, string window) library
> "user.exe"
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
>
> Rohit

0
Mahendra
11/17/1998 2:46:30 PM
It's called FindWindowA, and it's in user32.dll

Rohit Sankholkar wrote in message ...
>Hi,
>    I used to use a function called FindWindow in the user.exe windows 3.11
>api library. I want to move my app. to a 32 bit app. on windows 95 using
>pb5.0. How do I declare this function in windows 95 and what library can i
>find it in? The old declaration syntax was:
>
>function int FindWindow (string classname, string window) library
"user.exe"

>Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>Thanks,
>
>Rohit

0
Simon

Calling a PowerBuilder Function...
Hi Everyone, Ok, here's my problem : I've made a HTML Page with CheckBoxes and a button. When I click on the button I want to catch all checkboxes that are checked to delete the entries in a database. So my problem is to give a PwerBuilder function all adequate parameters from within a HTML Page. Please Help !!! Thanx You need to give each checkbox field a name and a value. Something like this: <input type="checkbox" name="question026" value="2"> Then in your PB function, declare your arguments with the same name as the c...

Calling a Java function from PowerBuilder
Hi all, We need to call a Java function from within PowerBuilder. I realize PB 6.5 can generate Java code but how do we call the functions? We know we can write an external function call to a C program which can make the call. Is there a better way? Thanks. Andy Egleston Is it a running applet or application that can be listening for requests on a socket? You could use a socket OCX and communicate with it from PB that way. Carson ________________________________________________ Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. Te...

PowerBuilder and OLEObject Function Calls...
Hello PowerBuilders, I got a OLE Object in which I use one of the Functions to Open a Specific Dialog. Where the user can type in some data. I think after about one minute in the Dialog, PowerBuilder brings up the message "Error calling external Function...". Is it possible to raise the timout, PowerBuilder waits for a correct return out of the function ? I am using PowerBuilder 7 Build 7023... Thanks in Advance, Andreas Eibegger andreas.eibegger@grz.andritz.com The default timeout is 5 minutes. If you want to make it longer than that, look at the SetAutoma...

External function call from Powerbuilder
Hi, I am having trouble in calling the function GetUsernameA() function from the Advapi32.dll. GetUsernameA(string lpBuffer, long lpnsize) The function requires a pointer to a string and pointer to a long as arguements. The PB equivalants to this are string and long. IF I call this function it returns only the size (lpnsize) and not the lpBuffer. Can somebody help me in this. I am stuck with this Thanks in advance Vinod Thomas Vinod -- You need to preallocate space for the name and pass the amount of space in the 'size' argument. Something like this: // func...

Function call from Powerbuilder DLL
Hi All, I am using poerbuilder(6.5) created DLL(Machine code) and i have following code in VB to call function from that DLL. Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim pbo As New PBCOM.CoMsg Dim ret As Integer ->ret = pbo.of_status(6) 'This line got error message End Sub Error message : Run Time Error 429 ActiveX component cant create object. Here is PB DLL detail: PB COM Server File Name: C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.dll Interface Definition File Name: C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.idl PB COM Server Type: In Process Server Object :uo_msg COM ClassName:CoMsg Program ID:PB60CO...

Calling OCX specific functions in Powerbuilder
Hi Can anybody help me to include an OCX in my application. I am able to insert the control in a window but I don�t know how to call its functions. Maybe sombody can help Thanks Joachim To access a method or property in an OCX control, you would do something like this; ocx_1.Object.propertyhere = xxx li_Return = ocx_1.Object.function ( xxx, xxx, xxxx ) The properties and methods you call depend (greatly!) on the OCX that you are using. C ya! Brez Andrew Bereznak abereznak@pkms.com Joachim Vorwerg wrote in article <01bc8dff$e5d5c420$9825e8c3@vorwerg>... >...

Calling wininet functions in Powerbuilder 9
Hi everybody! I want to download a file from an URL using local external functions within wininet.dll. ( I must use this dll because the application is working on different OS from windows 98 til windows XP ) I used to do it with a FTP connection. Now I want to use HTTP instead of FTP. First question : Is it possible? If yes, wich function within the dll should I call to download the file on my hard disk? If anybody has an example..... best regards Steph ...

Calling a Powerbuilder function from C++ DLL
Hi All, I need to execute a powerbuilder function from a DLL written in Watcom C++ ? Is there a way to do it or any workaround ? My problem is the following : From a function written in Watcom C++ i have to read data from a database table currently connected to a powerbuilder data source. Any help appreciated Stefano Bullo You cannot invoke a PB function externally. The next best thing is to use the SendMessage Win32 API function to trigger a user event on a PB window (use the range of WM_USER to WM_USER+ 74, mapped to pbm_custom01-pbm_custom75). ...

PowerBuilder 11 and .NET: Callback function that passes foreign types to PowerBuilder
Hi I'm using a C# assembly to catch COM events (using IConnectionPoint etc) from a particular API. But instead of handling the events in .NET, I pass the information on back to PB so it simulates a type of callback. It seems to work, but I don't know for how long. This is the one the events that gets raised. The _notifyItemMethod is the name of the method on the PowerBuilder object. The _pbSession is obtained from the .Session property of the PowerBuilder object that I pass to the constructor of the event handler. public void NtfyItem(string oper, int flags, ...

Calling Functions in a C++ COM object from Powerbuilder
This is a question posed by Pepsi any help would be greatly appreciated. Rob Baker Powersoft Custom Support We have a COM object coded in C++ which supports some common functions among the Pepsi applications, such as security, single signon and exception handling. Because the number of funcitons we have to support in this object, it is partitioned to support mutiple interfaces. In the object, only the primary interface supports the IDispatch interface because of the current COM limitation, and all the rest of the interfaces only support the IUnknown interface. We now have...

how to call a powerbuilder function which name is defined in a string
Is there a way (undocumented ?) to call a powerbuilder function when the name of that function is stored in a string? What about the parameters? I know I can triggerevent() an event, but what about functions ? If it's a global function, you might be able to use Describe(Evaluate()) -- All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of my employer "Philip SIDGWICK" <philip.sidgwick@noemail.please> wrote in message news:5LnV4uLVCHA.258@forums.sybase.com... > Is there a way (undocumented ?) to call a powerbuilder function when ...

Powerbuilder crash when calling API function Openfile()
lul_Handle = gu_ext.OpenFile(ls_file, lstr_FileInfo, 2) To get the handle of the file I use command above... Most of the time, the first time I run the script it works, the second time I get a powerbuilder crash... Anyone any idea? The function is declared in the user object gu_ext Function ulong OpenFile (ref string filename, ref s_fileopeninfo of_struct, ulong action) LIBRARY "KERNEL32.DLL" Any ideas? Thanks Don't forget to free the handle afterwards with Private Function Long CloseHandle(Long hObject) Library "kernel32" CloseHandle(lul_Hand...

Powerbuilder general function to open setfocus and set filter on...
I have a problem conserning wherever in the application when someone registers an alert for later handling this function is to register the entire object path to where he registered that alert. (I am using PowerBuilder 6.5). Then im to retrieve the entire path for the followin things: column. datawindow tab window Are there any functions to do this in PFC, im sorry for posting this here, but i cannot find much in the documentation, btw another question, do you know of any good links to better documentation for PFC than what follows PowerBuilder? Thanks in advance. Klaus M...

Problem when calling GroupCalc() function in PowerBuilder 9.0
Hi All, I am doing a migration from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 9.0 and I am facing a problem with one of my report datawindows. This particular report has three groups. Group 1 uses, let's say, a field called 'Currency', Group 2 uses 'Business Unit', Group 3 uses 'Location'. And lets say we are calculating total sales for each Location. The sort order is Currency Desc, Business Unit Asc, Location Asc. Group 3 has a group sort which is defined as Count(Location for Group 3) When I retrieve the report, in PowerBuilder 9.0, the sort order of Gro...

Web resources about - Calling win32api functions from powerbuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles