Calling Java class from PB 8

Hello,

I found a whitepaper concerning calling a Java class from
pb10 (http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1037085), and I was
wandering if it was possible (and the same) to call a Java
class from a PB 8 client server app.

Here is what is happening.

I have a web app (JSP-Servlet-PB), in which I have a Java
Class. I use this Java class to upload documents to my
database (Oracle Text). I would like to reuse that class
(which calls a PB object which calls a PL/SQL proc to do the
actual upload).

Is it possible? And if so, how? Is it the same as in the
whitepaper?

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Neil.
0
Neil

I don't think you have the capability of creating a proxy to the EJB in PB8.

--
Regards,
Millard [TeamSybase]

<Neil> wrote in message news:43a016b0.3742.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hello,
>
> I found a whitepaper concerning calling a Java class from
> pb10 (http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1037085), and I was
> wandering if it was possible (and the same) to call a Java
> class from a PB 8 client server app.
>
> Here is what is happening.
>
> I have a web app (JSP-Servlet-PB), in which I have a Java
> Class. I use this Java class to upload documents to my
> database (Oracle Text). I would like to reuse that class
> (which calls a PB object which calls a PL/SQL proc to do the
> actual upload).
>
> Is it possible? And if so, how? Is it the same as in the
> whitepaper?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Best regards
> Neil.

0
Millard
12/14/2005 6:00:07 PM
Is there another way to do it? Or is it not possible? I
really don't want to duplicate my code...
0
Neil
12/15/2005 9:54:49 AM
Sorry, I made a mistake, it is PB 9, not PB 8...

Tanks!
0
Neil
12/15/2005 10:41:52 AM
If I remember correctly, PB 9 supports PBNI and PBNI can call Java.  Sorry,
don't know the details. never used it. I think I saw something about java in
the doc for PB9.
<Neil> wrote in message news:43a016b0.3742.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hello,
>
> I found a whitepaper concerning calling a Java class from
> pb10 (http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1037085), and I was
> wandering if it was possible (and the same) to call a Java
> class from a PB 8 client server app.
>
> Here is what is happening.
>
> I have a web app (JSP-Servlet-PB), in which I have a Java
> Class. I use this Java class to upload documents to my
> database (Oracle Text). I would like to reuse that class
> (which calls a PB object which calls a PL/SQL proc to do the
> actual upload).
>
> Is it possible? And if so, how? Is it the same as in the
> whitepaper?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Best regards
> Neil.

0
gg
12/16/2005 7:07:38 AM
Thanks gg, I'm looking into PBNI... Don't understand much,
but it will come...
0
Neil
12/16/2005 9:31:52 AM
You can call java classes with PBNI from PowerBuilder. Go to sybase's site
and specifically the code exchange section and you'll find examples that you
can download.

--

Larry Cermak [Team Sybase]
Branick Consulting, Inc.

"gg" <gg@nomail.zip> wrote in message news:43a26581$1@forums-2-dub...
> If I remember correctly, PB 9 supports PBNI and PBNI can call Java.
> Sorry, don't know the details. never used it. I think I saw something
> about java in the doc for PB9.
> <Neil> wrote in message news:43a016b0.3742.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I found a whitepaper concerning calling a Java class from
>> pb10 (http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1037085), and I was
>> wandering if it was possible (and the same) to call a Java
>> class from a PB 8 client server app.
>>
>> Here is what is happening.
>>
>> I have a web app (JSP-Servlet-PB), in which I have a Java
>> Class. I use this Java class to upload documents to my
>> database (Oracle Text). I would like to reuse that class
>> (which calls a PB object which calls a PL/SQL proc to do the
>> actual upload).
>>
>> Is it possible? And if so, how? Is it the same as in the
>> whitepaper?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Best regards
>> Neil.