Calling a Java function from PowerBuilder

Hi all,

We need to call a Java function from within PowerBuilder.  I realize PB 6.5
can generate Java code but how do we call the functions?  We know we can
write an external function call to a C program which can make the call.  Is
there a better way?  Thanks.

Andy Egleston

0
Andy

Is it a running applet or application that can be listening for requests on
a socket?  You could use a socket OCX and communicate with it from PB that
way.

Carson

Carson Hager                                       Dynamic Data Solutions,
Inc.
Team Powersoft                                   http://www.dyn-data.com
CPD Professional
Microsoft Certified Professional

                          Enterprise Applications in Your Future?
                   JumpStart '99 Enterprise Solutions Conference
                                   http://www.JumpStart99.com

Andy Egleston wrote in message <9Wph2$4U#GA.209@forums.powersoft.com>...
>Hi all,
>
>We need to call a Java function from within PowerBuilder.  I realize PB 6.5
>can generate Java code but how do we call the functions?  We know we can
>write an external function call to a C program which can make the call.  Is
>there a better way?  Thanks.
>

>Andy Egleston

0
Carson