call a second instance ofa powerbuilder app from within first app

Hi ,
I want to open a second powerbuilder application
from within my application (I am in NVO) and get a handle
for it
so that I can open a window. Then close the first app.
Can I simply use a run command....
Thanks,
Alon Baadani
0
Alon

You won't be able to just execute an Open() against another instance of an app.

You might want to look at making your app DDE aware, then sending your second
instance a DDE command that will tell it to open the window itself.

Good luck,

On 19 Aug 2005 13:31:33 -0700,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
 <Alon Baadani> wrote:

>I want to open a second powerbuilder application
>from within my application (I am in NVO) and get a handle
>for it
>so that I can open a window. Then close the first app.
>Can I simply use a run command....
0
Terry

One PowerBuilder app triggering an event on another PowerBuilder app's Frame
Running 2 concurrent PowerBuilder apps (both MDI). Is there a way to trigger a user event on the frame of one of the apps from the other? I can get a handle to the frame window, and I am guessing that a Send() of some kind would do the trick, but I don't know which parameters to use or where the parameters for the Send() are documented. Thanks for the help. I recently had the same situation. You can use send or post to send a message to a window in another application. First you need the handle of the window you are sending the message to. Since it is in another applica...

Pls help...Citrix app calls Powerbuilder app
There is a Citrix application. User enters his credentials through Citrix login page and once passed, gets PowerBuilder app Icon to click on. On clicking on the icon, it opens a PowerBuilder application login screen for login details again. My requirement is to bypass the PowerBuilder login screen and directly lead the user to the next page/window post login screen in PowerBuilder app. My question is the user credentials are passed in Citrix app. How do I get to capture the user login details that was passed in Citrix, within my PowerBuilder app. Do i need to use Active directory her...

Using a PowerBuilder app to drive another Windows app
My users need to run a canned Windows application repeatedly with a variety of parameters on a variety of datasets. In order to do this, they have to log in, choose a menu item, key in some parameters, click an OK button and exit. And then do it again and again and . . . We want to set up a database with the appropriate parameters and write an application to drive the process. We've considered Winbatch but would rather not introduce another development tool . . . if it's not too hard to accomplish the task in PowerBuilder. This has to run in a Windows 95 or NT Workstatio...

Deploying PowerBuilder client/server app as .NET Web app
Hi when I deploy Client/Server(stand alone) PowerBuilder application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not even getting any error messages. --Deploy--- Checking IIS Server... Generating .NET assembly file... Deploy failed. Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web application. It has successfully created and deployed as shown below. ---------- Deploy: Deploy of p_pbtutor_webform2 (1:50:39 PM) Checking IIS server... Generating .NET assembly file... Generating PBD files... Copying to IIS server... Deploy succeeded. ---------- Finished Deploy of p_pbt...

Two Instance of Powerbuilder APP & Citrix
Hi How to Prevent launching of two instance of the same application(EXE). Trick here is (One is Thick client (Normal c/s) and other is Citrix enviornment)? Any Suggestion? Mutex will help here? Thx Alex ---== Posted v http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ia the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- I would suggest storing information on the database, such as UserID. Better yet, if using Oracle, then query the Oracle system tables. I can't think of a Windows solution here because you are really running on two different PC's. OTOH, you might look into NetDD...

Pls help
I have a PB 11.5 application thats currently being called from Citrix environment. In Citrix user credentials and database server name information is suplied. Citrix validates the user credentials and connects to appropriate database. My current requriement is, if i could capture the database that citrix has connected to, within my PB application. When citrix connects to particular database, does it write the connetion info anywhere in the registry? What function/api i could use in PB to capture the database connection information. Please help. Citrix doesn't connect to a databa...

Advice on apps within apps
Hey,The problem is that I have an app within an app and its causing problems with the inner app.  Situation I have an asp.net website that is running some of my own code, I use urlrwriter.net, app_themes, and various features.I also have a forum running in ~/forum (its from http://www.aspplayground.net/)I created a directory called forum and then in IIS6 management I converted the directory to an app.Now when I try to debug my main website it tries to compile the files inside the forum directory and causes errors.Also when I run the site in the web browser - the forum has random problem...

Calling dll that calls another dll from within ASP fails while working fine within windows app!
Hi all, I am invoking from my asp page a function from a dll (that acts as business layer) that itself invokes another function from another dll (all written in vb.net 2005). To make it clearer: ASP-PAGE --> call --> function in DLL1 --> call --> function in DLL2 and I am getting the following error: "Could not load file or assembly 'xxxNAMExxx', Version 1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." The call above works fine in a windows application or when I set a direct reference on the DLL2 in the ...

Questions about using a PowerBuilder 8.0 app hosted within Citrix...
Hi, We have an app hosted in Citrix that was just recently migrated from PB7 to PB8. When we run the new app we have noted an increase in memory usage on the Citrix server. As a result we have been doing some research and found the following: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10957867. Does anyone here have any experience with the EBF mentioned in the above link? I belive it is Build 8.0.3.10111 and the solved case numbers are 10893546, 20323555. Is this the 'latest' EBF for PB8? Any information regarding memory usage in Citrix would HIGHLY be a...

Can't run second instance of app
I have an application that is: - Built on a PFC based framework - Connects to Jaguar for all it's data needs - Jaguar and WDK running on the same machine From a client pc, I can fire up an instance of the app, and it runs fine. If I try to fire up a second instance from another client pc, I get the WDK splash and it just sits there. If I look at the server, I notice: - WDK shows 2 active connections, but - The Task Manager shows only 48K taken up for the second instance (that isn't going anywhere) If I close out the first instance, the second one will then start...

Can a powerbuilder 6.5 app call a class library created in vb.net
any clues on whether I can include as a global external function - a vb.net dll and call that function from a pb app?? bev Hi, I'm not a powerbuilder user but there are some developers that are using this tool for creating their software at my firm. I know that they are currently upgrading to, I believe version 9 or 10, so that they can use webservices that I and some coworkers developed with vb.net. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons....

Web app calling a windows app
How do I get my web app to open a windows program on the server side using a button click evenT? First off you'd have to give the ASPNET user execute priviledges on the server which I don't think that you want to do.NC... Hi,If the windows Program is of exe format then try with the following codeTry to include the exe in to your web folder or the ASP.NET process needs to have permissions to access the external applicationstring filePath = Server.MapPath(@"ApplicationName.exe"); System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo info = new System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo(filePath , "Arguments of th...

Web app called by windows app...
Hey everyone,Well I have not worked with .Net at all regarding windows apps etc. What I have is a website with a secure login. My customer wants all his employees to access the secure site without knowing the user name and password, as there is a high turn over rate. Is there a good way to accomplish this?My thoughts were possibly to create a windows app they could download and execute which would basically pass encrypted parameters to our secure login page, therefore logging them in and no one being the wiser.Is this poosible?Is there a better way?Hope I explained it well!Thank youJorellz...

Colours in Powerbuilder Apps
What is the recommendation with regard to maximizing or at least customizing colours available within Powerbuilder apps? My programming department is telling me the our apps will be limited to the standard palette and 4 additional customizeable colours. I would like to know how to get around this seemingly limited colour set while also being able to pull in colours chosen by the user in their Desktop Scheme. Ideas? Steve My question is why limit the colors? At my current job, we have set our programming standards to be all windows colors (background, window, window te...

Web resources about - call a second instance ofa powerbuilder app from within first app - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles