Building exe after migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5

I have copied all my librarries ans so on to a new folder. Then, after the
migration have completed, I try to build an exe from my project. I get a
list of info. and obsolete messages and accepts this. The build-proces
continues but after writing all the objects I get an error: 'Error writing
object information'.
My question is: What is the meaning with this message??

jal@kmd.dk
J�rn Aabel Luckow.

PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 Migration
This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5. Where are they? Check to make sure you installed them. By default, unless you do a custom install, they aren't. (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed by default so everyone can start using them). If they were, then look under: C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder....

Migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5.1
Hi, Anybody have experience in migrating PB application from 5.0.04 to 6.5.1? Is it a easy stuff, or we need to modify a lot for the migration? For the installation of PB 6.5.1, do I need to install 6.0, then 6.5, and then 6.5.1, and then 6.5.1 EBF, or I can start in the mid-way? Is there any performance gain (or loss) for 6.5.1 vs 5.0? Thanks in advance ...Andrew 11Jan2000 The migration should be straightforward. Back up your PB 5.0.04 source, run the migration once and note the errors, warnings, etc... that are generated from the migration. Fix those in your backed ...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Migration from PB 5.04 to PB 6.5
Hi there! I need to make a System conversion. The System had made in Power Builder 5.04. I need to 'translate' it to Power Builder 6.5. Then, I need know what the problens and bugs in this MIGRATION... Thank you... Hi, There are no specific problems. First make a backup of your PB5.0.4 source and then migrate it to 6.5. If you get errors during the migration, repair them in the 5.0.04 sources and migrate again. HTH -- Gegroet - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/u...

Migrating from PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5...
Hello, The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and don't know where to look. Here it is: Object: ue_cie_ie Instance Variables (0031): Error C0176: Badly ordered TYPE and VARIABLE declarations. Is this modified exported source? Any ideas?? Thanks in Advance, Fred. (fred.goldbach@fiserv.com) What's on line 31 of the instance variables? Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:06:08 -0400, Fred Goldbach <fred.goldbach@fiserv.com> wrote: > The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and...

Migration pb 5.0.04 to 6.5
I I try to migrate an application to pb 6.5 and i have one error. This error is : C0123 - Function dupliquer differs from ancestor only by return type. But i don't have dupliquer function in my windows. And i don't know what's the problem. I need help! The answer you already got from Brian Dick looks like the right answer. Did that not work for you? Let us know, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:28:34 -0400, Robin_Gauthier wrote: > I try to migrate an application to pb 6.5 and i have one error. This &...

PB 6.5 Migrated from PB 5.0 Application deployment
I recently migrated a PFC/PFE application from PB 5.04 to 6.5. I have compiled it down to p-code and am able to run the application from both the developement environment & from the EXE on the machine that has PB 5.04 installed on it. When I move the application and the PB 6.5 deployment DLL's to a machine without PB 5.04 on it, it starts asking me for the whole set of PB 5.04 deplymnt DLL's. It's like there is some sort of dependance on PB 5.04 that I didn't break during the migration process. My OS is NT 4.0 SP4 and the application path includes the app/pbd'...

Problems migrating from PB 5.0.03 to PB 6.5
I am having problems running the my application after migrating it to PB 6.5. The application was migrated successfully. Then, I added all the new PFC objects and PBLs as per the guidelines provided by Sybase. The full rebuild was also successful except for a few warnings about instance variables of local structure type being implicit in the next release. However, when I start up the application and try to open any screen having datawindows, it crashes with Dr. Watson's error. Did anybody have a similar experience? Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. T...

PB 5.0.03 and PB 5.0.04
Hi. Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB 5.0.04 ? You can just install 5.0.04. Make a backup of your pbls prior to installing 5.0.04 in case you need to revert back to the current version. hth, Anthony M. Perugini President Forte Information Systems, Inc. www.ConsultForte.com Having a Bad Day? www.ConsultForte.com/Disgruntled.htm Kleber Pimentel Koti wrote in message ... >Hi. >Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB >5.0.04 ? > > ...

Migration pb 5.0.04 to 6.5 #2
I I try to migrate an application to pb 6.5 and i have one error. This error is : C0123 - Function dupliquer differs from ancestor only by return type. And i don't know what's the problem. I need help! Thanks you! ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp The dupliquer function is defined in an ancestor class and overridden or overloaded in a descendent class. The descendent class definition uses a different return type. 1) Open the ancestor and note the dupliquer return type. 2) Open the descendent and...

PB 5.0.04 vs PB 6.5.444 behavior difference
I found a difference between the two versions of PB. This is a difference that doesn't cause a compile or runtime error but the line of code fails to work as expected. :( In PB 5.0.04 the code is: il_secure_facs = icc_multi.of_facility_get_secure_facs( this ).fac_urn Where icc_multi.of_facility_get_secure_facs( this ) returns a structure that has been created in the structure painter (not an object structure) What I found is that in PB 6.5.444 the code fails to return the structure and also there is no compile or runtime error to indicate a problem. The workaro...

Migration From PB 5 to PB 6.5
Hello I am developing applicatons in PB from last three years, I am using PB 5.0.4 now I am planning to migrate on PB 6.5 or PB 7.00. Can anybody tell me what additional advantages I will get after switching from PB 5 to PB 6.5 or PB 7. I preffer I used PB 6.5 or PB 6.5.1 instead of PB 7 because I listen some users that PB 7 having some problems, Is it right? Thanks Haroon (Senior Programmer) Highnoon Laboratories Limited http://www.highnoon-labs.com You're in the wrong newsgroup. This one deals with Infomaker only. Use powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general. PB6...

PB 5.0.4 Application can't migrate to PB 6.5
Hi, I try to migrate the application from PB5.0.4 to PB6.5. After migration, some errors occurs. Problem 1: A window ( say w_abc) which is inherited from another window (w_inherit). After migration, it has following errors Object: w_abc Instance Variables (0002) Error C0001: Illegal data type: istru_result istru_result - is a window structure in w_inherit window and it is used in w_abc instance variables In w_abc window, Instance variables: istru_result istru_result1 Problem 2: If a function which used string array ...

Web resources about - Building exe after migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bacterium in Otzi the Iceman's stomach provides human migration clues
An insight into the peopling of Europe has emerged from an unlikely source: the stomach contents of a 5300-year-old body pulled from a thawing ...

Danger ahead: migration, climate top risks for Davos leaders
But China's turbulent markets, a tumbling oil price and Middle East tensions are likely to dominate corridor conversations at the World Economic ...

Sydney Festival review: The Migration's brilliance undermined by flawed sound
Australian jazz made a welcome return to Sydney Festival with the premiere of Stu Hunter's new suite.

Is Apple really building an iOS to Android migration tool?
Apple is rumored to be working on a tool that will make it easier for iOS users to migrate to Android, following pressure from major European ...

"Massive rubbish dumps and sprawling landfills have led some birds to give up on migration."
"Instead of flying thousands of miles in search of food, they make the waste sites their winter feeding grounds." “For the birds it is a very ...

Austrian Bank Shuts Down Account of Anti-Mass Migration Group
Major Austrian bank Erste Bank has shut down the account of the Austrian Identitarian movement according to a press release from the activist ...

Amazing Arial Drone Footage of Reindeer Migration
Submitted by: (via Caters TV ) Tagged: reindeer , migration , drones , Video Share on Facebook

Apple iOS 9.3 download and the mystery of Android migration
The Apple iOS 9.3 download is now available (a beta, natch). Richi rounds up the interesting features, but also ponders the rumor that Cupertino ...

Ötzi the Iceman's Gut Bacteria Can Help Us Trace Early Human Migration
... A multidisciplinary team of scientists at European Academy of Bozen have studied Ötzi’s gut bacteria to learn more about early human migration ...