ASE Connection

Hi All,

I am having problems creating an ASE connection profile in PB(7.0.3).
PBSYC70.dll is in the shared folder but PB still tells me it cannot load the
drivers. Any ideas?

thanks    dave

0
Dave

1) Do you have open client installed? Is it in the path? Do you have a
SYBASE environment set properly?

2) Is PBSYC70.DLL in the path? (I am just checking and assume that this is
not the problem)

/ck

"Dave Larkins" <davidl@mint.net> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I am having problems creating an ASE connection profile in PB(7.0.3).
> PBSYC70.dll is in the shared folder but PB still tells me it cannot load
the
> drivers. Any ideas?
>
> thanks    dave

0
Chris

Powerbuilder and connecting to ASE
Hello Everybody If I do a full install of JUST Powerbuilder on a Windows PC, should I be able to connect to an Adaptive Server Enterprise database? I've got somebody telling me than I can, but I'm pretty sure myself that I would need to install client software from the ASE install disks in order to be able to do this. PowerBuilder Enterprise includes a Sybase ASE wire-protocol ODBC driver from Data Direct Technologies that does not require ASE client software. On 4 Feb 2005 07:34:32 -0800, paul_james wrote: >Hello Everybody > >If I do a full install of JU...

PowerBuilder connection to ASE
Hi, what is the necessary and best software to connect from PowerBuilder to ASE server. I managed to connect using ODBC as well as OpenClient, but I'd like to use the most reliable. Recently I worked on the project with Oracle databese server and used native drivers. I think the native drivers are most reliable and most compatible with the DBMS, aren't they??? Are OpenClient native driver for ASE? Arkus Yes Open Client is native for ASE Just make ssure u use correct versions arkadiusz.kubach@neotek.pl wrote... > Hi, > what is the necessary and best software...

ASE Connectivity with PowerBuilder Problem
Hello!! I have a Professional PowerBuilder version and I can't open the Adaptive Server session, because I don't have the enterprise version, do you have anyone PowerBuilder path for this connectivity type. Thanks, Regards, ...

PowerBuilder to ASE connection problem.
Hi Everyone, I am new to ASE as I'd been used to ASA. But this time, I need to migrate to ASE. I am using PowerBuilder. As being new, I am still running ASE on WindowsXP. I have installed it successfully and I created a server successfully. Now, I want to connect my PB App into it, I tried creating Connection Profile. And this is what I got: "Unable to load the requested database interface. Please make sure both the interface and client software are properly installed." How to I resolve that? Many thanks to any help. Regards, Neil Hello, If you have success...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

Why Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error occurs when connecting to ASE DB
Hi I created a connection cache for ASE 12.5 database with the following properties in connection cache tabs. I am able to ping the database succssfully. Server name = jdbc:sybase:Tds:client50:6500/iob Driver = com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver In the PB component, I used the following syntax to connect the database. SQLCA.DBMS = "JDB" SQLCA.DBParm = "CacheName='Test'" but the following error thrown in the srv.log SQLDBCODE: 999 SQLERRTEXT: Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error What could be reason for the above error? T...

HELP: Microsoft Query "General odbc error" connecting to ASE 15.0.3
Greetings, I'm trying to connect MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to ASE15.0.3ESD#1 (8K pages) using ODBC on XP SP3, using ASE 15.00.00.325 2008/08/14 ODBC driver The System ODBC connection was created with defaults. Checking ASE, I can see successful login connection select @@pagesize sp_odbc_server_info select db_name() sp_odbc_tables The I get an error on MSQRY32 - "General odbc error" Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in Advance. Alberto > Greetings, > > I'm trying to connect > MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to > A...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

How to connect to ASE where the Number of users connections reached max.
Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user connections = 100, Can we set the server to accept only 99 and leave one connection for sa. Any ideas ? Thanks RK <mc> wrote in message news:90CF65CADCBB10550052A3D485256D25.00521D4B85256D25@webforums... > > Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached > > user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user > connections = > > 100, Can we set the server to a...

Connecting to ASE
I am trying to setup a connection to an ASE 12.5.4 database thru ODBC in the Database Explorer of Visual Web Dev Express. It connects ok but it doesn't list any of my tables, views or stored procedures in the treeview or in the query designer. If I manually type in a sql select in the query designer and run it, it brings back the data. I created a connection to a SQLAnywhere database ( EASDemoDB10 ) and it works perfectly. I am using the Sybase ODBC driver included with OpenClient 12. When I connect to the ODBC profile thru PowerBuilder it works fine. Any ideas?? Th...

ASE connection
Hello, What do I need to make a native ASE connection across a network? I can make the connection on the server but even Sybase central with DNAME_ASE plugin doesn't see the server. I am new to ASE so any help appreciated. thanks. davel@adelphia.net wrote... > Hello, > > What do I need to make a native ASE connection across a network? I can make > the connection on the server but even Sybase central with DNAME_ASE plugin > doesn't see the server. I am new to ASE so any help appreciated. Use the DSEDIT utility on the client to set up the network con...

Powerbuilder connection
Guys need some help with this. We have a powerbuilder app which runs against 8.1.7 database on win. nt 4.0. Power builder is 7.0.3 version. Every other day I see either hungup apllication or ora-03113 end of file on communication channel oracle message. Any help from any body. There are lots of things that can cause ORA-03113 errors, many not having to do with PB at all. It's difficult to tell what the problem might be without more information though. For example, Oracle technote 1003596.6 indicates that: What does ORA-03113 "end-of-file on communication channel&quo...

Connections in PowerBuilder
Is there any whay to create two cursors (nested cursors) at the same time against the same connection in powerbuilder, or do I have to declare two (or more) connections? regards Kjell Brandes I answered this in another section. Please don't cross-post. On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 15:51:47 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow Kjell Brandes <kjell.brandes@sem@con.se> wrote: >Is there any whay to create two cursors (nested cursors) at the same time >against the same connection in powerbuilder, or do I have to declare two (or >more) connections? >...

Web resources about - ASE Connection - sybase.powerbuilder.general

... sites must now be monitored. On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

Miss Golden Globe role
requires showbiz connections
One constant about the Golden Globes (tonight at 8 on WHDH, Ch.

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...