Application Error migrating PFC application

I am trying to migrate an existing application that uses PFC's. I am
migrating from P/B 7.0.3 to P/B 8.0.4.  After successfully migrating the
object and running it within the P/B environment, I compiled the code.

I copied it to a folder with the P/B runtime DLL's and tried to run the
program.  The program starts and you see the PFC supplied Logon window.  If
I do anything at all, the program dies with an Application Error. The
instruction at "0x10c86afc" reference memory at "0x00000000003". The memory
could not be read.

By doing anything, I mean things like (1) simply clicking in the title bar
of the logon window and moving it, (2) typing in a single letter in the
password field, (3) clicking the cancel button on the logon window, or (4)
even restoring an open application from the windows task bar.  In other
words, anything I do is causing it to die.

I have successfully compiled and ran another application we have that does
not use PFC's and it works just fine.  Am I missing some dll or something
that is specific to PFC's?  I read in the documentation where it no longer
uses the PFCCOM32.DLL file.

I am using P/B 8.0.4 on Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 against Oracle 8.0.5
database.  Also, trying to run the executable on another machine that does
not have P/B 8 (just version 7.0.3 of P/B) gets the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Monte

0
Monte

migrating a powerbuilder application to a VB.Net application
I want to migrate an application built with powerbuilder to a VB.Net application. Someone is supposed to work on that application but the person can only work in the VB.Net environment.So i want to find out if there is a way of migrating my powerbuilder application to VB.Net Wrong newsgroup :-) <bernard>; <ghana> wrote in message news:46c6f6a8.1595.1681692777@sybase.com... >I want to migrate an application built with powerbuilder to > a VB.Net application. Someone is supposed to work on that > application but the person can only work in the VB.Net > envir...

Runtime error: 'An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit
Hi, p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } I'm trying to create a web site in a windows 2003 server. It's just an empty page, the default one created by VS2008, with nothing in it. I create the site from my remote computer, connecting to the server (I have access to the server as well with a virtual desktop).  When I try to launch a web site in a remote site (F5 or Ctrl-F5) I get the Runtime Error: 'An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (...

PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0094) Application terminated.
Hi all, Do you know what is the problem of EAS server (3.61) , it generate error as below. I try to find out but fail. Regards, Frankie May 21 15:05:48 2002: Frankie *** Refreshing Product Catalog May 21 15:05:48 2002: ACTIVATE for n_product May 21 15:05:48 2002: BEGINNING refresh() May 21 15:05:49 2002: PB exception caught in tryInvoke May 21 15:05:49 2002: DESTRUCTOR for n_product May 21 15:05:49 2002: SystemException: INTERNAL (orderentry/n_product/refresh__L - <system>@0.0.0.0) May 21 15:05:49 2002: PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0094) Application t...

Powerbuilder Application Execution Error (R0006) Application terminated
I receive the following message in my Jaguar srv.log file. "Powerbuilder Application Execution Error (R0006). Application terminated." Question 1. Is this a generic error message or does it point to a specific reason. Question 2. First I will include these lines from srv.log leading up to and including the application error message. Item 1. **************************************************************************** **** Dec 05 09:35:02 2001: HTMLDW: Entering SetServerServiceClasses('n_sc_specimen;') Dec 05 09:35:02 2001: Constructor 09:35:02 Dec 05 09:35:02...

An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It c
*** Repost of original locked thread of "webmaster@dotcom-sys.com" *** Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on rem...

Application to Application
Hi,  Curious on what different solutions there are for one application that is closing down to contact another application. I have the closing down applicaton sending something to the database and for the other application to monitor the database records, but I think that is a horrible solution. Another idea would be when the closing down application sends a message to the database for the database to then respond by sending a message to the other application, but that means the database would have to know where the other application is.  If possible, the security issue mak...

You may receive the Error Message "Server Error in '/application name' Application" while browsing an asp.net application
You may receive the following error message while browsing an asp.net application "Server Error in '/application name' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error mes...

Application error: Converting 16 bit application to 32-bit application
I am migrating my Pb4 application to PB6. After migration i am trying to run my application but it is giving me the application error and my PB gets closed. Error : pb60.exe Application error The instruction at <memory location> referenced memory at <memory location> The memory could not be read. What could be the reason for the error. Is it due to the changes of 16bit and 32 bit application or something else. I am not able to trace out what is the reason.What is the mehod of migrating PB4 16-bit application to PB6 32-bit application ? please regenerate a...

PowerBuilder PFC Application EXE Build time error
Sub: - PowerBuilder PFC Application EXE Build time error I have a PFC based application which runs quite well during development inside PowerBuilder Development environment. But when I tried to make an EXE through the Project painter it is showing the following error. " Error C0113: Error reading object source entry: n_cst_propertyattrib.sru. " I had given all the PFC PBL's and its concerned PBR's. I am using PB7 and also installed the maintenance release 7.0.1. My Backend is MS SQL SERVER 7.0. I have tried this in Win-NT 4 , WIN98 and WIN95 envir...

Migrating non-PFC applications to PFC.
Hi, I'm going to be involved in migrating a non-PFC application to PFC based application. I've been working with PFC since it came out, but I've not been involved with conversion of a non-PFC application. Would anybody share his/her thoughts about the process involved in doing that and the pitfalls to watch for. I would appreciate any input. Thanks. JD I've only done it on small apps and it was a real headache. For starters you must throw away your existing mdi frame, login window, etc, and use the ones in PFC. All your frame logic, which isn't already...

HELP PLEASE!, how to convert non PFC application to PFC application?
Your help is much needed. I have developed many windows and datawindows without using PFC, how do i make the pfc to be the ancestor of all my windows and datawindows? Syed. -- Syed Ibrahim Sapura Advanced Systems Sdn. Bhd, 18th Floor, Menara Tun Razak, Jalan Raja Laut, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Tel: (03) 295-3472, (03) 294-3000 Fax: (03) 294-6587, (03) 293-3154 You will have to export each object to a file. Then you can edit the file to change to ancestor and import it again. I suggest you create separate PBL's before you import because you don't want to overwri...

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

DataArchitect: Application Error, Application Failed to initialize properly, 0xc0000022. Click on ok to terminate the application
Hello, When I start DataArchitect (version 6.0.0) on our Windows NT 4 Terminal Server SP6 I get the error: Application Error, The application failed to initialize properly, 0xc0000022. Click on ok to terminate the application. I'm a normal domain user and every other domain user gets the same error. The other PowerDesigner apps like MetaWorks starts and works fine. If I'm Administrator I can start DataArchitect. Do some one know the solution or the cause? Please Email me on rasselman@novocetec.com Radboud. I don't think that I can help you out. 6...

Migrating a PFC based powerbuilder (Ver 8.0) Version application to PB10.0
Hi All, I have a PB application in Version 8.0 based on PFC. We are in the process of migrating that to PB10.0. Can u please tell me where to get the latest PFC libraries for the migration and how to incorporate in the migration. When I use the PFC from Ver 8.0, I am getting the followin errors during EXE creation. PFEMAIN.PBL(pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_dropdownsearch).3: Warning C0190: Instance variables of local structure type ('os_columns') will be implicitly private in the next release. PFEMAIN.PBL(pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_querymode).5: Warning C0190: Instance variables o...

Web resources about - Application Error migrating PFC application - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Apple patent application reveals exciting possibilities for twin-camera system rumored for iPhone 7
We heard a report in November that Apple was testing an iPhone 7 model with dual rear cameras , and a patent application published today not ...

Panasonic Develops a Stretchable Resin Film and Its Application Materials for Stretchable Electronics ...
A stretchable film is developed. This film stretches to 2.5 times the original length and then returns to the original form. A conductive paste ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications ...
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 27 percent from ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush

Seagate pushing non-PC storage for 2016 with focus on surveillance applications
... products for cloud computing, consumer electronics, surveillance and enterprise storage for 2016. Seagate expects surveillance-related applications ...