Application Error - Help

We use PowerBuilder 7.0 for many/many things here. But, we are having a
problem with a single application.

It's a very small app, with only one window. The single window has about 30
functions. What happens, is when you try to add or duplicate a function, you
get an application error. It's the same error every time. It's about 50/50
on when it happens. It either happens right when you try to add it, or it
can happen when you try to save it.

The error is "The instruction at "0x114521b8" referenced memory at
"0x41000021". The memory could not be "read".

Is the some limitation on the number of functions within a window?

I'm not the actual programmer, I was asked to research this problem. :-(

Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0
aquadogus
7/22/2002 4:47:52 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

In the function that is being added - how many arguments is it being
passed?  If there are numerous this may be your issue (in which case
replace with a single structure).

0
William_Shiers
7/22/2002 5:29:35 PM
     Before we go into too many small details, have you tried regenerating
the obejct or exported and reimported the object?  Sometimes if you export
the object and look at the .SR? file, you can see what is wrong, odd
characters, duplicate functions etc.  These are rare, but the .PBL could be
corruped.  Regerating the objects is usually your first step.

- Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
www.planetdx.com
0
Joe_Slawsky
7/22/2002 5:42:18 PM
Just a few, but this fails even on  new function. Also, when it fails on the
duplicate function, the original function has already ready been working.

The number of arguments is small, and none on a new function.

<William_Shiers> wrote in message
> In the function that is being added - how many arguments is it being
> passed?  If there are numerous this may be your issue (in which case
> replace with a single structure).

0
aquadogus
7/22/2002 7:39:42 PM
He has already tried regenerating the objects, and exporting/importing, but
that didn't work.

<Joe_Slawsky> wrote in message
>      Before we go into too many small details, have you tried regenerating
> the obejct or exported and reimported the object?  Sometimes if you export
> the object and look at the .SR? file, you can see what is wrong, odd
> characters, duplicate functions etc.  These are rare, but the .PBL could
be
> corruped.  Regerating the objects is usually your first step.
>
> - Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
> www.planetdx.com

0
aquadogus
7/22/2002 7:41:08 PM
First thing I'd do is check to see that the configuration is correct.
Use a tool like Process Explorer from http://www.sysinternals.com to
make sure all the PB DLLs being loaded are from the same version.
Also, if you're on 7.0.0, seriously look at moving all developers up
to a more recent build.

Good luck,

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:47:52 -0700, "aquadogus" <aqudogus@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>We use PowerBuilder 7.0 for many/many things here. But, we are having a
>problem with a single application.
>
>It's a very small app, with only one window. The single window has about 30
>functions. What happens, is when you try to add or duplicate a function, you
>get an application error. It's the same error every time. It's about 50/50
>on when it happens. It either happens right when you try to add it, or it
>can happen when you try to save it.
>
>The error is "The instruction at "0x114521b8" referenced memory at
>"0x41000021". The memory could not be "read".
>
>Is the some limitation on the number of functions within a window?
>
>I'm not the actual programmer, I was asked to research this problem. :-(
>
>Any helpful hints would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance.

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry

Runtime error: 'An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit
Hi, p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } I'm trying to create a web site in a windows 2003 server. It's just an empty page, the default one created by VS2008, with nothing in it. I create the site from my remote computer, connecting to the server (I have access to the server as well with a virtual desktop).  When I try to launch a web site in a remote site (F5 or Ctrl-F5) I get the Runtime Error: 'An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (...

Powerbuilder Application Execution Error (R0006) Application terminated
I receive the following message in my Jaguar srv.log file. "Powerbuilder Application Execution Error (R0006). Application terminated." Question 1. Is this a generic error message or does it point to a specific reason. Question 2. First I will include these lines from srv.log leading up to and including the application error message. Item 1. **************************************************************************** **** Dec 05 09:35:02 2001: HTMLDW: Entering SetServerServiceClasses('n_sc_specimen;') Dec 05 09:35:02 2001: Constructor 09:35:02 Dec 05 09:35:02...

PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0094) Application terminated.
Hi all, Do you know what is the problem of EAS server (3.61) , it generate error as below. I try to find out but fail. Regards, Frankie May 21 15:05:48 2002: Frankie *** Refreshing Product Catalog May 21 15:05:48 2002: ACTIVATE for n_product May 21 15:05:48 2002: BEGINNING refresh() May 21 15:05:49 2002: PB exception caught in tryInvoke May 21 15:05:49 2002: DESTRUCTOR for n_product May 21 15:05:49 2002: SystemException: INTERNAL (orderentry/n_product/refresh__L - <system>@0.0.0.0) May 21 15:05:49 2002: PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0094) Application t...

An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It c
*** Repost of original locked thread of "webmaster@dotcom-sys.com" *** Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on rem...

Error when starting application in PB 11.2 (PowerBuilder Accessibility Error)
We got the following message at one workstation does anyone know what object thats missing ? "PowerBuilder Accessibility Error Error loading library. Please check whether PowerBuilder Accessibility library can be located in the path." Regards Kenneth Sounds like pbacc110.dll See chapter 41 of the Applications Techniques book "Kenneth Lindqvist" <kelin@locus.nu> wrote in message news:49490088@forums-1-dub... > We got the following message at one workstation > does anyone know what object thats missing ? > > > "PowerBu...

Error in PowerBuilder Application
Hi I'm getting an error when using a PowerBuilder-Application: DataWindow Error Select error: SQLSTATE = 08003 [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Connection not open: not connected to SQL database It could be a time-out error or something? Anybody knows a solution to this error ? Thanks! Leo Rog leo.rog@nuts.nl nutsital wrote in message <3621DC83.68BF84ED@nuts.nl>... >Hi > >I'm getting an error when using a PowerBuilder-Application: >DataWindow Error >Select error: SQLSTATE = 08003 >[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Connection not open: not connected to SQL data...

PowerBuilder Application Execution Error
I am trying to run an application off the network. When I run it on my local drive, it runs perfectly, but when I try to run it on the network, I get an error titled "PowerBuilder Application Error (R0011)" which says that a particular object file is out of date and must be converted to current version. Can someone tell me how to solve this? Thanks Mangala Start by looking at the deployment dlls (pbdweXX.dll etc), to make sure that those are the same version as the ones on your pc. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySyb...

Powerbuilder application execution error
Hi, After creating the executable file in Infomaker7.0 , I tried clicking on it and this error message pops up : "Powerbuilder application execution error . Application Terminated. error : Unresolvable external w_pbstyle_logon when linking reference at line 21 in open even of object default. The executable file is built from a nested report.. Simple reports without any nesting runs fine. What can be done? My suspicion is that the nested report is looking for something inside the powerbuilder directory but couldn't find it. What else is needed? I'm usin...

PowerBuilder.Application Error Handling
I am calling the PowerBuilder.application Automation server from a C++ app. Is there a way to trap the systemerror event (such as in a regular PB application). The C++ app basically runs as a service and cannot have any windows displayed. When a PowerBuilder Application Execution error happens, a window is displayed. I need to avoid the window from being displayed so I can gracefully handle the error. Thanks in advance. Todd Reeser Programmer/Analyst Choice Hotels International ...

PowerBuilder Application Error (R0023)
I'm trying to create an executable in Infomaker, but I continue to receive the following error message Application Terminated Error: Cannot assign object of type dw_grid to variable of type cb_1 at line 4 in create event of object w_pbstyle_grid could some one tell me either what this means, or where I can go to try and diagnose and fix the problem, does sybase offer some type of manual with all of there error codes and what each means in laymens terms. What version of IM? If using IM7, try first to do ' Design, Full rebuild' in the library painter. -- Terry ...

PowerBuilder Application error R0039
I am using Powerbuilder 5.0 as an frontend and Oracle 7.2 as a backend.The envoriment is Windows 2000. I have been getting error R0039 in my application. The error occurs when i try to Mail MERGE LETTERS. The exact error message is :- PowerBuilder Application Execution Error.... Name not found accessing external object property application at line xyz in function (window function) of object (the window name) Thanks in Advance dev You are trying to reference an attribute of the the ole object you are using for the mail merge and it doesn't exist. You've pro...

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

PowerBuilder Application Execution Error
I'm getting the following error : Feb 20 13:37:19 2002: PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0002) Application terminated. Error: Null object reference at line 1 in constructor event of object uo_ds_sched_break. Feb 20 13:37:20 2002: SystemException: TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK (nvo_orderportefeuille_v12/nvo_orderportefeuille/of_boek_geroosterd__ILSRS - @192.168.10.10) This occurs on a win2000 machine. On a NT4 machine the same code does not produce this error! It only occurs when using a lot of resources. So its not the code thats wrong, its someting in the combination PB...

Powerbuilder application error R0034
Hi can anyone help explain the following error: Powerbuilder application error R0034 "Incorrect No. of parameters calling external function <function name> at line 73 in open event of application" I am trying to create an OLEObject by assigning it to a property of it's Master object when I get the error. I'm running PB 6.5 and I'm not really sure what the error means thus I'm having problems solving it. any help greatly appreciated. Graeme Stewart London. Possibly 2 things. 1) The pb external function signature (ie. # of parameters a...

PowerBuilder Application Execution Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4a8ea12e Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I've a big problem using the clicked event and the ItemChanged event of a webdatawindow The code of the clicked event is just : MessageBox("Hello","This is the clicked event") When I click on a line in the datawindow, I receive a PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (see the attachment for a printscreen of the error message) It's the same with the itemchanged event : I can...

Web resources about - Application Error - Help - sybase.powerbuilder.general

New solution helps enterprises manage web applications
The shift towards the cloud means that running applications is now often done in a browser. While this is convenient for the end user it can ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

SMIC and M31 introduce differentiated IP solutions for storage controller applications
China-based IC foundry Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) has announced the company will expand its IP portfolio with M31 Technology's ...

10 Killer Media Applications Enabled by 'Virtual Reality' Headsets
... can do much more than 'virtual reality,' a technical term that is badly defined in most news reports. Here are 10 rapidly developing applications. ...