Application error #12

I have a customer that is complete that running one of applications is
causing a pbvm90.dll error in the Windows Event logs.  Although the
application appears to be completing successful and there are not errors on
the application side of things, the customer ensists on isolating the
problem.

Below is the error the customer is receiving:
Faulting application atpsdcps.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module
pbvm90.dll, version 9.0.1.6533, fault address 0x00189c16.

They seem to receive this error upon exiting the application.

0
bill
1/9/2006 3:45:12 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 15 followers. Follow

A large percentage of the time that an application dies on exit, it is due
to a memory overwrite condition.  Scan for any external dll or RPCFunc calls
you are making where you are passing a "ref string" argument and you do not
initialize the argument to a large enough size before calling the function.
Many times, a memory overwrite may not write on "critical" memory, but may
cause something to crash when the app is cleaning itself up upon exit.

steve
[TeamSybase]

"bill wood" <william.wood@dfas.mil> wrote in message
>I have a customer that is complete that running one of applications is
> causing a pbvm90.dll error in the Windows Event logs.  Although the
> application appears to be completing successful and there are not errors
> on
> the application side of things, the customer ensists on isolating the
> problem.
>
> Below is the error the customer is receiving:
> Faulting application atpsdcps.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module
> pbvm90.dll, version 9.0.1.6533, fault address 0x00189c16.
>
> They seem to receive this error upon exiting the application.

0
Steve

Runtime error: 'An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit
Hi, p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } I'm trying to create a web site in a windows 2003 server. It's just an empty page, the default one created by VS2008, with nothing in it. I create the site from my remote computer, connecting to the server (I have access to the server as well with a virtual desktop).  When I try to launch a web site in a remote site (F5 or Ctrl-F5) I get the Runtime Error: 'An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (...

Powerbuilder Application Execution Error (R0006) Application terminated
I receive the following message in my Jaguar srv.log file. "Powerbuilder Application Execution Error (R0006). Application terminated." Question 1. Is this a generic error message or does it point to a specific reason. Question 2. First I will include these lines from srv.log leading up to and including the application error message. Item 1. **************************************************************************** **** Dec 05 09:35:02 2001: HTMLDW: Entering SetServerServiceClasses('n_sc_specimen;') Dec 05 09:35:02 2001: Constructor 09:35:02 Dec 05 09:35:02...

PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0094) Application terminated.
Hi all, Do you know what is the problem of EAS server (3.61) , it generate error as below. I try to find out but fail. Regards, Frankie May 21 15:05:48 2002: Frankie *** Refreshing Product Catalog May 21 15:05:48 2002: ACTIVATE for n_product May 21 15:05:48 2002: BEGINNING refresh() May 21 15:05:49 2002: PB exception caught in tryInvoke May 21 15:05:49 2002: DESTRUCTOR for n_product May 21 15:05:49 2002: SystemException: INTERNAL (orderentry/n_product/refresh__L - <system>@0.0.0.0) May 21 15:05:49 2002: PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (R0094) Application t...

An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It c
*** Repost of original locked thread of "webmaster@dotcom-sys.com" *** Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on rem...

Error when starting application in PB 11.2 (PowerBuilder Accessibility Error)
We got the following message at one workstation does anyone know what object thats missing ? "PowerBuilder Accessibility Error Error loading library. Please check whether PowerBuilder Accessibility library can be located in the path." Regards Kenneth Sounds like pbacc110.dll See chapter 41 of the Applications Techniques book "Kenneth Lindqvist" <kelin@locus.nu> wrote in message news:49490088@forums-1-dub... > We got the following message at one workstation > does anyone know what object thats missing ? > > > "PowerBu...

Error in PowerBuilder Application
Hi I'm getting an error when using a PowerBuilder-Application: DataWindow Error Select error: SQLSTATE = 08003 [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Connection not open: not connected to SQL database It could be a time-out error or something? Anybody knows a solution to this error ? Thanks! Leo Rog leo.rog@nuts.nl nutsital wrote in message <3621DC83.68BF84ED@nuts.nl>... >Hi > >I'm getting an error when using a PowerBuilder-Application: >DataWindow Error >Select error: SQLSTATE = 08003 >[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Connection not open: not connected to SQL data...

PowerBuilder.Application Error Handling
I am calling the PowerBuilder.application Automation server from a C++ app. Is there a way to trap the systemerror event (such as in a regular PB application). The C++ app basically runs as a service and cannot have any windows displayed. When a PowerBuilder Application Execution error happens, a window is displayed. I need to avoid the window from being displayed so I can gracefully handle the error. Thanks in advance. Todd Reeser Programmer/Analyst Choice Hotels International ...

PowerBuilder Application Execution Error
I am trying to run an application off the network. When I run it on my local drive, it runs perfectly, but when I try to run it on the network, I get an error titled "PowerBuilder Application Error (R0011)" which says that a particular object file is out of date and must be converted to current version. Can someone tell me how to solve this? Thanks Mangala Start by looking at the deployment dlls (pbdweXX.dll etc), to make sure that those are the same version as the ones on your pc. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySyb...

Powerbuilder application execution error
Hi, After creating the executable file in Infomaker7.0 , I tried clicking on it and this error message pops up : "Powerbuilder application execution error . Application Terminated. error : Unresolvable external w_pbstyle_logon when linking reference at line 21 in open even of object default. The executable file is built from a nested report.. Simple reports without any nesting runs fine. What can be done? My suspicion is that the nested report is looking for something inside the powerbuilder directory but couldn't find it. What else is needed? I'm usin...

PowerBuilder Application error R0039
I am using Powerbuilder 5.0 as an frontend and Oracle 7.2 as a backend.The envoriment is Windows 2000. I have been getting error R0039 in my application. The error occurs when i try to Mail MERGE LETTERS. The exact error message is :- PowerBuilder Application Execution Error.... Name not found accessing external object property application at line xyz in function (window function) of object (the window name) Thanks in Advance dev You are trying to reference an attribute of the the ole object you are using for the mail merge and it doesn't exist. You've pro...

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

Powerbuilder application error R0034
Hi can anyone help explain the following error: Powerbuilder application error R0034 "Incorrect No. of parameters calling external function <function name> at line 73 in open event of application" I am trying to create an OLEObject by assigning it to a property of it's Master object when I get the error. I'm running PB 6.5 and I'm not really sure what the error means thus I'm having problems solving it. any help greatly appreciated. Graeme Stewart London. Possibly 2 things. 1) The pb external function signature (ie. # of parameters a...

PowerBuilder Application Error (R0023)
I'm trying to create an executable in Infomaker, but I continue to receive the following error message Application Terminated Error: Cannot assign object of type dw_grid to variable of type cb_1 at line 4 in create event of object w_pbstyle_grid could some one tell me either what this means, or where I can go to try and diagnose and fix the problem, does sybase offer some type of manual with all of there error codes and what each means in laymens terms. What version of IM? If using IM7, try first to do ' Design, Full rebuild' in the library painter. -- Terry ...

PowerBuilder Application Execution Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4a8ea12e Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I've a big problem using the clicked event and the ItemChanged event of a webdatawindow The code of the clicked event is just : MessageBox("Hello","This is the clicked event") When I click on a line in the datawindow, I receive a PowerBuilder Application Execution Error (see the attachment for a printscreen of the error message) It's the same with the itemchanged event : I can...

Web resources about - Application error #12 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush

Seagate pushing non-PC storage for 2016 with focus on surveillance applications
... products for cloud computing, consumer electronics, surveillance and enterprise storage for 2016. Seagate expects surveillance-related applications ...