Application Deployment - Need Help Please

Greetings all,

I am a little frustrated, so please bear with me...

On the topic of Smart Client or Intelligent Updater...

I have spent the past four days devining the secrets of application
deployment.  I have achieved some small amount of success in learning how to
modify the configuration.xml files in order to install the following:

- .NET FRAMEWORK FRAMEWORK 2.0
- POWERBUILDER RUNTIME FILES
- SQL ANYWHERE RUNTIME FILES
- MY APPLICATION

Now I realize that I have to also figure out how to install:

- msvcr71.dll
- msvcp71.dll
- atl71.dll

I don't know how to do this.  I 'think' it must have been done a thousand
times before, but I can't find anything on codeXchange.

I am not sure if different versions are required for different operating
systems or if they have to go in different directories based on the
operating system.

Also, I have to create a system DSN to have my application connect to my
database.

And I have to automatically start the database when the application starts.

And who knows what I haven't even figured out yet.

I downloaded and installed a trial version of InstallShield, but I find that
I am in a quagmire.  First, I don't know if this is the right approach,
since I am using the 'Intelligent Updater'.  Second, I tried to create the
HKEY entries for a DSN, saw a reference to odbc.ini and didn't know if I
need an odbc.ini file or if I should enter a key called odbc.ini.  What a
mess!!

I would really like to concentrate on developing my application and have all
of the deployment issues handle automatically.

I am sure that people are using the Intelligent Updater to deploy
applications everyday, right?  I mean that is why we are using Winforms and
Smart Client Publishing.  But why does this have to be so difficult?

If anyone has a tool that does handles this, I will be happy to pay for it.
I can't waste another 40 hours trying to become an expert in application
deployment and registry management.

Thanks all!!

Paul

0
Paul

The files msvcr71.dll, msvcp71.dll, atl71.dll and gdiplus.dll get installed
to ...\Shared\PowerBuilder. You should only have to deploy them to Windows
2000. Later operating systems come with them.

"Paul Murray" <pemurray@staysystems.com> wrote in message
> Greetings all,
>
> I am a little frustrated, so please bear with me...
>
> On the topic of Smart Client or Intelligent Updater...
>
> I have spent the past four days devining the secrets of application
> deployment.  I have achieved some small amount of success in learning how
> to modify the configuration.xml files in order to install the following:
>
> - .NET FRAMEWORK FRAMEWORK 2.0
> - POWERBUILDER RUNTIME FILES
> - SQL ANYWHERE RUNTIME FILES
> - MY APPLICATION
>
> Now I realize that I have to also figure out how to install:
>
> - msvcr71.dll
> - msvcp71.dll
> - atl71.dll
>
> I don't know how to do this.  I 'think' it must have been done a thousand
> times before, but I can't find anything on codeXchange.
>
> I am not sure if different versions are required for different operating
> systems or if they have to go in different directories based on the
> operating system.
>
> Also, I have to create a system DSN to have my application connect to my
> database.
>
> And I have to automatically start the database when the application
> starts.
>
> And who knows what I haven't even figured out yet.
>
> I downloaded and installed a trial version of InstallShield, but I find
> that I am in a quagmire.  First, I don't know if this is the right
> approach, since I am using the 'Intelligent Updater'.  Second, I tried to
> create the HKEY entries for a DSN, saw a reference to odbc.ini and didn't
> know if I need an odbc.ini file or if I should enter a key called
> odbc.ini.  What a mess!!
>
> I would really like to concentrate on developing my application and have
> all of the deployment issues handle automatically.
>
> I am sure that people are using the Intelligent Updater to deploy
> applications everyday, right?  I mean that is why we are using Winforms
> and Smart Client Publishing.  But why does this have to be so difficult?
>
> If anyone has a tool that does handles this, I will be happy to pay for
> it. I can't waste another 40 hours trying to become an expert in
> application deployment and registry management.
>
> Thanks all!!
>
> Paul

0
Roland
4/2/2009 11:57:58 AM
Hi Paul;

    Unless you are on a really old O/S like W2K, these DLL's should be a
standard install in the System32 folder of MS-Windows.

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director

> Greetings all,
>
> I am a little frustrated, so please bear with me...
>
> On the topic of Smart Client or Intelligent Updater...
>
> I have spent the past four days devining the secrets of application
> deployment.  I have achieved some small amount of success in learning how
> to modify the configuration.xml files in order to install the following:
>
> - .NET FRAMEWORK FRAMEWORK 2.0
> - POWERBUILDER RUNTIME FILES
> - SQL ANYWHERE RUNTIME FILES
> - MY APPLICATION
>
> Now I realize that I have to also figure out how to install:
>
> - msvcr71.dll
> - msvcp71.dll
> - atl71.dll
>
> I don't know how to do this.  I 'think' it must have been done a thousand
> times before, but I can't find anything on codeXchange.
>
> I am not sure if different versions are required for different operating
> systems or if they have to go in different directories based on the
> operating system.
>
> Also, I have to create a system DSN to have my application connect to my
> database.
>
> And I have to automatically start the database when the application
> starts.
>
> And who knows what I haven't even figured out yet.
>
> I downloaded and installed a trial version of InstallShield, but I find
> that I am in a quagmire.  First, I don't know if this is the right
> approach, since I am using the 'Intelligent Updater'.  Second, I tried to
> create the HKEY entries for a DSN, saw a reference to odbc.ini and didn't
> know if I need an odbc.ini file or if I should enter a key called
> odbc.ini.  What a mess!!
>
> I would really like to concentrate on developing my application and have
> all of the deployment issues handle automatically.
>
> I am sure that people are using the Intelligent Updater to deploy
> applications everyday, right?  I mean that is why we are using Winforms
> and Smart Client Publishing.  But why does this have to be so difficult?
>
> If anyone has a tool that does handles this, I will be happy to pay for
> it. I can't waste another 40 hours trying to become an expert in
> application deployment and registry management.
>
> Thanks all!!
>
> Paul

0
Chris
4/2/2009 1:43:18 PM
Thanks, Gentlemen.

I am running Windows XP Service Pack 2 on an HP factory laptop.

I did a search for it and I can see that it appears to be in the
PowerBuilder folder called psdwc115.cab but it is NOT in my system32 folder.

I guess my point is that I don't want to guess and not be ready if the files
are not there.

So how do I make sure that they are there?

Thanks!

Paul

"Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
> Hi Paul;
>
>    Unless you are on a really old O/S like W2K, these DLL's should be a
> standard install in the System32 folder of MS-Windows.
>
> --
> Regards ... Chris
> ISUG - NA RUG Director
> http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>

> "Paul Murray" <pemurray@staysystems.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings all,
>>
>> I am a little frustrated, so please bear with me...
>>
>> On the topic of Smart Client or Intelligent Updater...
>>
>> I have spent the past four days devining the secrets of application
>> deployment.  I have achieved some small amount of success in learning how
>> to modify the configuration.xml files in order to install the following:
>>
>> - .NET FRAMEWORK FRAMEWORK 2.0
>> - POWERBUILDER RUNTIME FILES
>> - SQL ANYWHERE RUNTIME FILES
>> - MY APPLICATION
>>
>> Now I realize that I have to also figure out how to install:
>>
>> - msvcr71.dll
>> - msvcp71.dll
>> - atl71.dll
>>
>> I don't know how to do this.  I 'think' it must have been done a thousand
>> times before, but I can't find anything on codeXchange.
>>
>> I am not sure if different versions are required for different operating
>> systems or if they have to go in different directories based on the
>> operating system.
>>
>> Also, I have to create a system DSN to have my application connect to my
>> database.
>>
>> And I have to automatically start the database when the application
>> starts.
>>
>> And who knows what I haven't even figured out yet.
>>
>> I downloaded and installed a trial version of InstallShield, but I find
>> that I am in a quagmire.  First, I don't know if this is the right
>> approach, since I am using the 'Intelligent Updater'.  Second, I tried to
>> create the HKEY entries for a DSN, saw a reference to odbc.ini and didn't
>> know if I need an odbc.ini file or if I should enter a key called
>> odbc.ini.  What a mess!!
>>
>> I would really like to concentrate on developing my application and have
>> all of the deployment issues handle automatically.
>>
>> I am sure that people are using the Intelligent Updater to deploy
>> applications everyday, right?  I mean that is why we are using Winforms
>> and Smart Client Publishing.  But why does this have to be so difficult?
>>
>> If anyone has a tool that does handles this, I will be happy to pay for
>> it. I can't waste another 40 hours trying to become an expert in
>> application deployment and registry management.
>>
>> Thanks all!!
>>
>> Paul

0
Paul
4/2/2009 2:58:09 PM
Some of those files (atl71.dll, msvcr71.dll, and msvcp71.dll I think)
are not included with Windows Server 2003 either.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

PowerBuilder Blog:
http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/

On 2 Apr 2009 03:57:58 -0800, "Roland Smith [TeamSybase]"
<rsmith_at_trusthss_dot_com> wrote:

>The files msvcr71.dll, msvcp71.dll, atl71.dll and gdiplus.dll get installed
>to ...\Shared\PowerBuilder. You should only have to deploy them to Windows
>2000. Later operating systems come with them.
>
>"Paul Murray" <pemurray@staysystems.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings all,
>>
>> I am a little frustrated, so please bear with me...
>>
>> On the topic of Smart Client or Intelligent Updater...
>>
>> I have spent the past four days devining the secrets of application
>> deployment.  I have achieved some small amount of success in learning how
>> to modify the configuration.xml files in order to install the following:
>>
>> - .NET FRAMEWORK FRAMEWORK 2.0
>> - POWERBUILDER RUNTIME FILES
>> - SQL ANYWHERE RUNTIME FILES
>> - MY APPLICATION
>>
>> Now I realize that I have to also figure out how to install:
>>
>> - msvcr71.dll
>> - msvcp71.dll
>> - atl71.dll
>>
>> I don't know how to do this.  I 'think' it must have been done a thousand
>> times before, but I can't find anything on codeXchange.
>>
>> I am not sure if different versions are required for different operating
>> systems or if they have to go in different directories based on the
>> operating system.
>>
>> Also, I have to create a system DSN to have my application connect to my
>> database.
>>
>> And I have to automatically start the database when the application
>> starts.
>>
>> And who knows what I haven't even figured out yet.
>>
>> I downloaded and installed a trial version of InstallShield, but I find
>> that I am in a quagmire.  First, I don't know if this is the right
>> approach, since I am using the 'Intelligent Updater'.  Second, I tried to
>> create the HKEY entries for a DSN, saw a reference to odbc.ini and didn't
>> know if I need an odbc.ini file or if I should enter a key called
>> odbc.ini.  What a mess!!
>>
>> I would really like to concentrate on developing my application and have
>> all of the deployment issues handle automatically.
>>
>> I am sure that people are using the Intelligent Updater to deploy
>> applications everyday, right?  I mean that is why we are using Winforms
>> and Smart Client Publishing.  But why does this have to be so difficult?
>>
>> If anyone has a tool that does handles this, I will be happy to pay for
>> it. I can't waste another 40 hours trying to become an expert in
>> application deployment and registry management.
>>
>> Thanks all!!
>>
>> Paul

0
Dave
4/2/2009 3:07:32 PM
On 2 Apr, 12:57, "Roland Smith [TeamSybase]"
<rsmith_at_trusthss_dot_com> wrote:
> The files msvcr71.dll, msvcp71.dll, atl71.dll and gdiplus.dll get install=
ed
> to ...\Shared\PowerBuilder. You should only have to deploy them to Window=
> 2000. Later operating systems come with them.
>
> "Paul Murray" <pemur...@staysystems.com> wrote in message

> > Greetings all,
>
> > I am a little frustrated, so please bear with me...
>
> > On the topic of Smart Client or Intelligent Updater...
>
> > I have spent the past four days devining the secrets of application
> > deployment. =A0I have achieved some small amount of success in learning=
 how
> > to modify the configuration.xml files in order to install the following=
:

> > - .NET FRAMEWORK FRAMEWORK 2.0
> > - POWERBUILDER RUNTIME FILES
> > - SQL ANYWHERE RUNTIME FILES
> > - MY APPLICATION
>
> > Now I realize that I have to also figure out how to install:
>
> > - msvcr71.dll
> > - msvcp71.dll
> > - atl71.dll
>
> > I don't know how to do this. =A0I 'think' it must have been done a thou=
sand
> > times before, but I can't find anything on codeXchange.
>
> > I am not sure if different versions are required for different operatin=
> > systems or if they have to go in different directories based on the
> > operating system.
>
> > Also, I have to create a system DSN to have my application connect to m=
> > database.
>
> > And I have to automatically start the database when the application
> > starts.
>
> > And who knows what I haven't even figured out yet.
>
> > I downloaded and installed a trial version of InstallShield, but I find
> > that I am in a quagmire. =A0First, I don't know if this is the right
> > approach, since I am using the 'Intelligent Updater'. =A0Second, I trie=
d to
> > create the HKEY entries for a DSN, saw a reference to odbc.ini and didn=
't
> > know if I need an odbc.ini file or if I should enter a key called
> > odbc.ini. =A0What a mess!!
>
> > I would really like to concentrate on developing my application and hav=
> > all of the deployment issues handle automatically.
>
> > I am sure that people are using the Intelligent Updater to deploy
> > applications everyday, right? =A0I mean that is why we are using Winfor=
ms
> > and Smart Client Publishing. =A0But why does this have to be so difficu=
lt?

> > If anyone has a tool that does handles this, I will be happy to pay for
> > it. I can't waste another 40 hours trying to become an expert in
> > application deployment and registry management.
>
> > Thanks all!!
>
> > Paul- Hide quoted text -

test1
0
iftikhar
4/2/2009 3:09:41 PM
 All these DLL's are in the System32 folder on all the XP Pro SP3 machines I
checked today. We do not install these for any PB deployment.

> [...]
>>> that I am in a quagmire.  First, I don't know if this is the right
>>> approach, since I am using the 'Intelligent Updater'.  Second, I tried
>>> to create the HKEY entries for a DSN, saw a reference to odbc.ini and
>>> didn't know if I need an odbc.ini file or if I should enter a key called
>>> odbc.ini.  What a mess!!
>>>
>>> I would really like to concentrate on developing my application and have
>>> all of the deployment issues handle automatically.
>>>
>>> I am sure that people are using the Intelligent Updater to deploy
>>> applications everyday, right?  I mean that is why we are using Winforms
>>> and Smart Client Publishing.  But why does this have to be so difficult?
>>>
>>> If anyone has a tool that does handles this, I will be happy to pay for
>>> it. I can't waste another 40 hours trying to become an expert in
>>> application deployment and registry management.

0
Chris
4/2/2009 3:54:58 PM
Hello,

Please see :
Release Bulletin PowerBuilder Enterprise 11.5
http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=3d1058246

*** If you go to this actual URL the links "DLL archive Web
site"
are active ***

Microsoft files

Visual C++ runtime and the Active Template Library

When you deploy the core PowerBuilder runtime files, you
must ensure that the msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dll Microsoft
Visual C++ runtime libraries and the Microsoft .NET Active
Template Library (ATL) module, atl71.dll, are present on the
user=92s computer or server. The PowerBuilder runtime files
have a runtime dependency on these files and they are
required for all applications and components that require
the PowerBuilder runtime. You can obtain these DLL files
from the DLL archive Web site. They are also available from
the DLL archive Web site.

Files must be installed before running MSI file Some files
installed by the MSI file generated by the PowerBuilder
Runtime Packager have dependencies on these files. For
example, atl71.dll must be installed on the user=92s
computer before the pbjvm115.dll file can be registered.
Make sure these files are on the target computer before you
run the MSI file generated by the Runtime Packager.

Harry
0
Harry
4/2/2009 3:57:04 PM
I have XP-SP2 at work and I was suprised to find they are not there. It must
have started with SP3 when they were included. My home computer is XP-SP3
and it has them.

> All these DLL's are in the System32 folder on all the XP Pro SP3 machines
> I checked today. We do not install these for any PB deployment.
>

> "Paul Murray" <pemurray@staysystems.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks, Gentlemen.
>>
>> I am running Windows XP Service Pack 2 on an HP factory laptop.
>>
>> I did a search for it and I can see that it appears to be in the
>> PowerBuilder folder called psdwc115.cab but it is NOT in my system32
>> folder.
>>
>> I guess my point is that I don't want to guess and not be ready if the
>> files are not there.
>>
>> So how do I make sure that they are there?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Paul
>>

>> "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Paul;
>>>
>>>    Unless you are on a really old O/S like W2K, these DLL's should be a
>>> standard install in the System32 folder of MS-Windows.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards ... Chris
>>> ISUG - NA RUG Director
>>> http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>>>

>>> "Paul Murray" <pemurray@staysystems.com> wrote in message

0
Roland
4/2/2009 5:10:08 PM
Yep ... sounds like a SP bonus!  :-)

"Roland Smith [TeamSybase]" <rsmith_at_trusthss_dot_com> wrote in message
>I have XP-SP2 at work and I was suprised to find they are not there. It
>must have started with SP3 when they were included. My home computer is
>XP-SP3 and it has them.
>
> "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
>> All these DLL's are in the System32 folder on all the XP Pro SP3 machines
>> I checked today. We do not install these for any PB deployment.
>>

>> "Paul Murray" <pemurray@staysystems.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks, Gentlemen.
>>>
>>> I am running Windows XP Service Pack 2 on an HP factory laptop.
>>>
>>> I did a search for it and I can see that it appears to be in the
>>> PowerBuilder folder called psdwc115.cab but it is NOT in my system32
>>> folder.
>>>
>>> I guess my point is that I don't want to guess and not be ready if the
>>> files are not there.
>>>
>>> So how do I make sure that they are there?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>

>>> "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message

0
Chris
4/2/2009 5:22:29 PM
I've modified our installer to check %windir%\system32 and
install them locally if not found.

Ours is currently an Installshield InstallScript-based
installer, so writing that function was pretty trivial.
They do have an .MSM for MFC7 which I believe includes all
of those files iy you're doing .MSI.  IIRC, Microsoft has an
MSM available for download.

> [...]
> First, I don't know if this is the right  >> approach,
> since I am using the 'Intelligent Updater'.  Second, I
> tried to  >> create the HKEY entries for a DSN, saw a
> reference to odbc.ini and didn't  >> know if I need an
> odbc.ini file or if I should enter a key called  >>
> odbc.ini.  What a mess!! >>
> >> I would really like to concentrate on developing my
> application and have  >> all of the deployment issues
> handle automatically. >>
> >> I am sure that people are using the Intelligent Updater
> to deploy  >> applications everyday, right?  I mean that
> is why we are using Winforms  >> and Smart Client
> Publishing.  But why does this have to be so difficult? >>
> >> If anyone has a tool that does handles this, I will be
> happy to pay for  >> it. I can't waste another 40 hours
> trying to become an expert in  >> application deployment

0
David
4/2/2009 5:43:25 PM
So is using InstallShield and the Bootstrapper mutually exclusive?

I have a temporary version of InstallShield Express and it is asking me
where to put stuff.

Bootstrapper seems to want to put the files in some hidden folder under the
user's MyDocuments (who knows where).  And I need to put the database
somewhere that is not related to the user, but ideally somewhere off the
root of c: or under program files.

How are people using Smart Client?  Or are people not really using it?

Thanks!!

Paul

<David Engh> wrote in message news:49d4f93d.19d9.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I've modified our installer to check %windir%\system32 and
> install them locally if not found.
>
> Ours is currently an Installshield InstallScript-based
> installer, so writing that function was pretty trivial.
> They do have an .MSM for MFC7 which I believe includes all
> of those files iy you're doing .MSI.  IIRC, Microsoft has an
> MSM available for download.
>
>> Thanks, Gentlemen.
>>
>> I am running Windows XP Service Pack 2 on an HP factory
>> laptop.
>>
>> I did a search for it and I can see that it appears to be
>> in the  PowerBuilder folder called psdwc115.cab but it is
>> NOT in my system32 folder.
>>
>> I guess my point is that I don't want to guess and not be
>> ready if the files  are not there.
>>
>> So how do I make sure that they are there?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Paul
>>

>> "Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Paul;
>> >
>> >    Unless you are on a really old O/S like W2K, these
>> > DLL's should be a  standard install in the System32
>> folder of MS-Windows. >
>> > --
>> > Regards ... Chris
>> > ISUG - NA RUG Director
>> > http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>> >

>> > "Paul Murray" <pemurray@staysystems.com> wrote in
>> > message  news:49d40b80$1@forums-1-dub...

>> application  >> deployment.  I have achieved some small
>> amount of success in learning how  >> to modify the
>> configuration.xml files in order to install the following:

>> install: >>

>> been done a thousand  >> times before, but I can't find
>> anything on codeXchange. >>
>> different operating  >> systems or if they have to go in
>> different directories based on the  >> operating system.

>> application connect to my  >> database.

>> application  >> starts.

>> InstallShield, but I find  >> that I am in a quagmire.
>> First, I don't know if this is the right  >> approach,
>> since I am using the 'Intelligent Updater'.  Second, I
>> tried to  >> create the HKEY entries for a DSN, saw a
>> reference to odbc.ini and didn't  >> know if I need an
>> odbc.ini file or if I should enter a key called  >>
>> odbc.ini.  What a mess!! >>
>> application and have  >> all of the deployment issues
>> handle automatically. >>
>> to deploy  >> applications everyday, right?  I mean that
>> is why we are using Winforms  >> and Smart Client
>> Publishing.  But why does this have to be so difficult? >>
>> happy to pay for  >> it. I can't waste another 40 hours
>> trying to become an expert in  >> application deployment
>> and registry management. >>

0
Paul

Please, help with deployment of web application

Please! Please! Please! Please! Help
I am very new to the Linux/Oracle/Perl world coming from a many many years of a Windows environment. I have self learned everything I know about this new environment. So far I have successfully installed Redhat 9 in an Intel box and have gotten Oracle 9I running correctly. I can run scripts via sqlplus, sqlldr etc. Perl (I think ver. 5.8.0) is running on the box and I can create and run scripts that do other processes but I have had no success in getting Perl to connect to the Oracle database to generate some reports. With my experience using MS-SQL there is no major issues w...

connecting powerbuilder application to internet database -- please help
I want to connect my powerbuilder application to an internet database, that means i need to place the database ( MS Access, MySql, or Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere, just the database alone ) into our web space, or i want to access the website providers database via powerbuilder application from my internet connected PC. how can i establish the connection and how can i implement the software.. please help! for Example.. We got some webspace in a third party web space provider. We need to develop an application software with stock maintenance and price monitoring. We prefer to...

connecting powerbuilder application to internet database -- please help #2
I want to connect my powerbuilder application to an internet database, that means i need to place the database ( MS Access, MySql, or Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere, just the database alone ) into our web space, or i want to access the website providers database via powerbuilder application from my internet connected PC. how can i establish the connection and how can i implement the software.. please help! thanks and regards, danny tharakans@hotmail.com I have a lot of questions about your question. Is the "Web Space" hosted by you / your company or a third ...

Help Please! Question regarding deployment of PFC-based applications
--------------E304C1650F2CFA05AB8B94E7 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit All of our PB apps are now 6.5 and are running on Windows 95 clients. We're in the process of developing a corporate framework where each development team will have their own set of PFE ..pbls to be used as their application layer. It was brought to my attention that each team should rename these PFE pbls to be application-specific, because if they don't, and multiple PB apps are running on the same client at the same time, objects from the wrong set of PFE ....

Deploying powerbuilder application as .NET web application
Hi when I deploy Client/Server PowerBuilder application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not even getting any bug messages. Checking IIS Server... Generating .NET assembly file... Deploy failed. Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web application. It has successfully created and deployed. Any information is appreciated. If this question has to do with PB 11 WebForm deploys, you want to post it in the sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.webform section. This section is for DataWindow.Net, a different product. On 29 Jul 2008 05:32:55 -0700, Raju Gol...

Please Please Please help
I am trying to populate a second dropdownlist from the first. both dropdownlists are displayed inside the datagrid. I can populate the first one easily but my onselectedindexchanged event states: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source Error: Line 195...

Please help, please, please
This is driving me crazy, I cannot find what is wrong with this thing. I have a custom module and after post back none of the following are processed : user, login, visibility, title, solpartmenu. None of it gets processed. Please help meYou died at the very end of your life Are you saying a skin, or a custom module. With custom modules you should not be dealing with tokens, I don't think they have anything to do with it. What module are you working with? No I am not using tokens, container skin is Classic skin that comes with DNN. I am talking about custom module. It has a text box a...

Please Please Please HELP!!!
I have posted this many times to no avail. I managed to publish the site somwhere despite being an intranet. I have published the site just in case I was not clear in explaining the prblem that I was having. Go to http://www.undg.ks.undp.org/test/login.aspx and login with userid: test password: test Click on 'search for cases' and then click on the search button (the dates are inserted automatically). Click on the paging and try to go to page 12,13,14,15 - any page really above page 11. Can you see what is happening? Below is the code that I am using. Please tell me wha...

Please Please Please help me out...
hello, our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please help me out i'm a newbie. hello, our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please help me out i'm a newbie. the file server ip is 192.20.71.1 the proxy ip is 192.20.71.252 akula_26@hotmail.com wrote: > our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a > proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please hel...

Application Unavailable, .aspx applications not working! Help, Please!
Whenever I make and run an .aspx application, this happens, but when I run an .asp application, it doesn't: Server Application Unavailable The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the system event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur. 1.) How do I get to the 'log entry'? 2.) A...

HELP PLEASE!, how to convert non PFC application to PFC application?
Your help is much needed. I have developed many windows and datawindows without using PFC, how do i make the pfc to be the ancestor of all my windows and datawindows? Syed. -- Syed Ibrahim Sapura Advanced Systems Sdn. Bhd, 18th Floor, Menara Tun Razak, Jalan Raja Laut, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Tel: (03) 295-3472, (03) 294-3000 Fax: (03) 294-6587, (03) 293-3154 You will have to export each object to a file. Then you can edit the file to change to ancestor and import it again. I suggest you create separate PBL's before you import because you don't want to overwri...

Cant seem to excecute applications on the server from the web application...please help....
Here's the problem - I've created a Web site using C# ASP .net 2.0 I want to run a program (an executable) from the web page (at the press of a button) that would run on the server's side. I've tried using: System.Diagnostics.Proccess.Start(); but nothing happened. I've also read quit a few about "impersonation" but nothing seems to work. In in ASP net version: 1.1.4322 I gave the IIS admin permission to interact with the desktop and that did the trick, the same solution doesn't work in the 2.0 version. Versions I'm using: .Net 2005 Framework 2, ASP Net version: 2.0.50727, IIS ver...

Deployment of a Powerbuilder Application
Gentlemen, I use Powerbuilder 8 with Oracle, Access and SQL Server for Application Development. I am looking for a utility / method for a complete "Installation Disk Creation", that does everything including ODBC Setup etc. Best Regards InstallShield Wise for Windows Ghost Installer Microsoft Installer On 27 Jan 2004 06:51:35 -0800, Mubeen wrote: >Gentlemen, > >I use Powerbuilder 8 with Oracle, Access and SQL Server for >Application Development. > >I am looking for a utility / method for a complete >"Installation Disk Creation&qu...

Moving a vb console application to a asp.net web application
I am currently building a web application that remotely turns windows services on and off - this part I have figured out finally - and restarts remote servers. I started this project out by creating a working vb.net console. I then rewrote where needed to turn this into a web application. Currently I use the shell command "shutdown" in my console to restart my remote servers. This does not work on my web application. How would I need to rewrite this to make it work within my web application?  Here is a snippet of the code I used in the console: Shell("shutdown -m \\servernamegoes...

Web resources about - Application Deployment - Need Help Please - sybase.powerbuilder.general

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 24% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Surve Mortgage applications decreased 3.2 percent from one week earlier, according ...

Mortgage applications fall 3.2%
A definitive rise in mortgage interest rates over the last month is keeping borrowers at bay.

PCB firm Unitech looks to automotive, IoT applications for 2016 growth
PCB maker Unitech Printed Circuit Board expects demand for any-layer designs for use in automotive electronics, wearables and other IoT-connected ...