App closing or window closing

Is there some function that can be called or a property available at the
application level to determine if the application is closing versus a window
closing? I have several windows that receive broadcasts when a window
closes.  When the application is telling the windows to close I would like
them to disregard the broadcast.  Or a window is told to close by the
application versus user it does not broadcast

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this

Marci

0
Marci

Close Window Closes App
My application opens a NVO appcontroler that opens a window. Then that window may open one of two windows descended from the same class. Clicking the close button on one just closes and reveals the launching window behind it. The other exits the application entirely. Closing event scripts look the same. Window Properties look the same. What should I look for to explain the different behavior and how could it kill the app? TIA for all your help. I would take a look at the ancestor script and make sure that both windows are either extending or overriding. You might also do a /pbd...

App not closing when windows close [Edit]
Hi I have a strange problem, one of my applications will not terminate when the system asks it to. If I chose the close menu or I hit Alt+F4 the closes just fine, but when I close down windows and my app is still open the system just waits. Win7 tells me that it is my app, but win XP just don't close. I have checked my CloseQuire event nothing there is holding from closing. CloseQuire actually finish, but DestroyWindowHandle is newer called though Anybody have any idea what I should look for ? Best regards Asger-P Asger Joergensen wrote: > Anybody have any idea ...

Close window not closing
The following code is in the open event if ib_error then messagebox("Database Error", "Error: Unable to connect to the Database!", StopSign!, OK!, 1) close(this) return end if But the window remains open and the messagebox is actually behind the window. I have no code in the closequery event so the close should always work. Are you conding this in the open event? If so, move it to an event that's posted from the open event. Arthur -- lilly wrote: > The following code is in the open event > > if ib_error then > m...

Closing all the new window when parent window is closed!
hi,  Consider that now i am opening a site 'www.asp.net' in the IE and after that i'm using ctrl+N or File->New->window to open a new window. Now if I close the first window, i want the window that is opened using ctrl+N to be closed. Is there any way to achieve this in Java Script?regards,M.S.PalaniSaami regards,M.S.PalaniSaami.http://dotnetcurve.blogspot.com/"Preserve our Mother: Earth" I dont think this is possible. But if you open any pop up from the main window you can close all the pop up once the main window is closedVikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlea...

Close one window both window close bug
Name: Arquib Ismail Email: arquibismail123atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Close one window both window close bug Comments: When i have 2 firefox windows open and i close one window by richtclicking on one firefox window on the taskbar and click close both windows close. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

Closing all Child windows when Parent window is closed !!
Hi guys, I am trying to close all child windows when I close my parent window. First of all, I thought of doing this during page onunload event. But my application in asp.net will do many postbacks and everytime the onunload is called and hence my javascript array will be reinitialised everytime. So, I came with another approach where in I am storing the object in a hidden control at server side. So, when the child windows are open, i am adding the objects to the hidden control by appending a delimiter "~". When the parent is closed, I am fetching this array to javascript and the...

i want to close popup window when i close main window
dear all, advance thanks...can anybody help me.... i am using VS 2005 web application based on VB. i am using this following code for popup the window.   Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(Me.GetType(), "popup", "window.open('webpopup.aspx?querystring','','scrollbars=yes,menubar=no,height=700,width=1000,resizable=yes,toolbar=no,location=no,status=no')", True) my requirements are 1.whether this code will work in firefox?if no how i want to call this for both IE and firefox 2.when i will close the main window i want to close thi...

Close all child windows as well when closing their parent window
Hi all: How can I implement this feature with JS?  Take nothing on looks; take everything on evidence.- Charles Dickens  You can implements this type of functionality by calling some function in child window which call using document.setInterval. In this function you can check for the parent object. if parent object is null that call seft.close();ThanksPankaj GohelPlease Mark as Answer if you find the post useful. Hi,   this.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.GetType(), "Closeme", "window.opener.location.reload();window.close();", true)...

Closing preferences window closes browser window also
Name: Tim Cheadle Product: Bon Echo Summary: Closing preferences window closes browser window also Comments: I'm using Bon Echo Alpha 2 on Mac OS 10.4.6. When I open then Preferences window and subsequently close it, it closes my browser window as well. This behavior is the same if I use Command+W. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1a2) Gecko/20060512 BonEcho/2.0a2 ...

Closing nested child windows when closing the parent window
Hi I want to close all the child window when i close the parent window. Actually the scenario is from the parent window i am opening one child window and the child window contains DataGrid. The Datagrid contails the FooterTemplate and in the FooterTemplate a button will be placed so when we click on dat button it will once again opens one more child window. Now i want to close all the child and nested child windows should be closed when i close the parent window can any one help me plz Thanks in Advance Awaiting for reply Regards Krisamigo There really is no definite way to do that ...

Firefox does not close after i close the window
Name: William Kearney Email: wjk69athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox does not close after i close the window Comments: Hi I have been using firefox for years now and have not had a problem like this but the past few months now I shut down firefox and come back however long later or even right away as I accidentally and absent mindlessly close it Lol, and get told I cant cause it still running in the back ground ?:s so what is the cause of this and is there a way I can fix that? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) ...

close tab = close window
Name: Annie Brooks Product: Firefox Summary: close tab = close window Comments: After viewing a page and wanting to return to the original cite, sometimes when I hit "close tab," it closes the window instead and I have to log on to the internet again. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE!
When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE! It is OK for all the TABS to close, BUT ALL WINDOWS? This bug needs to be fixed! -- "Jay" <jemontes48@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ZOSdnXsvzv8FzuXVnZ2dnUVZ_tbinZ2d@mozilla.org... > When one closes ONE Firefox Window --- ALL FIREFOX WINDOWS CLOSE! > It is OK for all the TABS to close, BUT ALL WINDOWS? > This bug needs to be fixed! Tools → Options → Tabs → Warn (me) when closing multiple tabs Tools → Options → Tabs → Always show the tab bar The second one will stop Firefox fro...

Close the main window of firefox without close the download window
Name: Diogo Email: douttorxatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Close the main window of firefox without close the download window Comments: IF I close the Main Window of Firefox and after I open again THEN my pages opened when I closed was saved but IF I close the Main Window of Firefox and give opened the Download Window THEN when I open again the Main Window of Firefox without close the Download Window the pages isn't save Why does it happen? Thanks. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; pt-BR; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3....

Web resources about - App closing or window closing - sybase.powerbuilder.general

2006 Commonwealth Games closing ceremony - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... guitar (equipped with pyrotechnics which produced sparks) whilst being lowered onto the stadium ground, giving a rock concert feel to the closing ...

Facebook Is Not Closing For Maintenance Feb. 29 To 31: Care To Guess Why?
Facebook users, repeat after us: “30 days hath September, April, June, and November. All the rest have 31, excepting February alone, and that ...

We Are All 'Closing Time': Why Semisonic's 1998 Hit Still Resonates
At some point, it was decided that in order for a song to be great, it has to &ldquo;stand the test of time.&rdquo; This has since become a ...

Deadline for Closing of Facebook’s WhatsApp Acquisition Pushed Back by One Year
... to certain adjustments such that the cash paid will comprise at least 25 percent of the aggregate transaction consideration. After closing, ...

CNBC's Closing Bell (@CNBCClosingBell) on Twitter

Closing time: The 7 Immutable Laws of Sales Negotiation
A group for sales and strategic account negotiation experts stop the carousel Announcement from Closing time: The 7 Immutable Laws of Sales Negotiation ...

Blockbuster store closing sale - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore The Consumerist's photos on Flickr. The Consumerist has uploaded 2057 photos to Flickr.

The Long Day Closes (1992) Closing Sequence - YouTube
The closing sequence from Terence Davies' autobiographical film, The Long Day Closes (1992). Davies' recreates his lonely gay adolescence with ...

Closing the book on the Read Around Canberra program
Popular book club Read Around Canberra will no longer be hosted by Libraries ACT, to the dismay of its loyal members.

Apple announces Dec. 22-29 holiday closing dates for iTunes Connect
... iTunes Connect operations are, of course, expected to resume on Dec. 30. Heres Apples announcement of this years iTunes Connect holiday closing ...