Anyone Using ThirdParty Tool for TCP/IP in PB12 Classic?

Comm is not my forte.

An entire suite of apps I support are stuck in PB8 because
the third-party OLE that does the TCP/IP comm won't work in
PB12. The vendor, Dart, has a new object I've tried, but it
doesn't work either, and "the market for PB dev is too small
for us to figure out why, unless you pay us."

This is an app that is sending trxns to a clearinghouse and
expecting confirmation messages back.

This is not the #1 priority at this company, and they are
rewriting the whole system in VC# .Net because PB took too
long to get its s**y back, but I'm sick of working on an
ancient environment.

Someone out there must have a third-party tool that they
know works. Someone here was nice enough to give me a tool
written in PB that accesses all the Windows libraries for
this, but the granularity of the functionality, combined
with the lack of documentation (it is free, after all) makes
it a steep hill to climb for a non-comm like me.

Thanks for listening...(that's an IP joke, I think.)
0
Kelley
10/14/2010 10:23:22 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 14 followers. Follow

I've used Dart with PB10.5, and you can probably get it to work with
11.5 also.  Best bet is to checkout Roland's Winsock code which does
TCP/IP also:
http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_winsock.html

HTH,
Kevin

On 10/14/2010 6:23 PM, Kelley wrote:
> Comm is not my forte.
>
> An entire suite of apps I support are stuck in PB8 because
> the third-party OLE that does the TCP/IP comm won't work in
> PB12. The vendor, Dart, has a new object I've tried, but it
> doesn't work either, and "the market for PB dev is too small
> for us to figure out why, unless you pay us."
>
> This is an app that is sending trxns to a clearinghouse and
> expecting confirmation messages back.
>
> This is not the #1 priority at this company, and they are
> rewriting the whole system in VC# .Net because PB took too
> long to get its s**y back, but I'm sick of working on an
> ancient environment.
>
> Someone out there must have a third-party tool that they
> know works. Someone here was nice enough to give me a tool
> written in PB that accesses all the Windows libraries for
> this, but the granularity of the functionality, combined
> with the lack of documentation (it is free, after all) makes
> it a steep hill to climb for a non-comm like me.
>
> Thanks for listening...(that's an IP joke, I think.)

0
Kevin
10/15/2010 12:05:25 AM
Which Dart product are you using? Their ActiveX wouldn't
work with my 11.5 or 12.0, at least according to the tests I
did and the traces I sent them. If you've got code /
configuration samples, I'd be much obliged.
KelleyDotWillis is Not AT investorsDotcom

Thanks

> I've used Dart with PB10.5, and you can probably get it to
> work with 11.5 also.  Best bet is to checkout Roland's
> Winsock code which does TCP/IP also:
> http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_winsock.html
>
> HTH,
> Kevin
>
> On 10/14/2010 6:23 PM, Kelley wrote:
> > Comm is not my forte.
> >
> > An entire suite of apps I support are stuck in PB8
> > because the third-party OLE that does the TCP/IP comm
> > won't work in PB12. The vendor, Dart, has a new object
> > I've tried, but it doesn't work either, and "the market
> > for PB dev is too small for us to figure out why, unless
> > you pay us."
> > This is an app that is sending trxns to a clearinghouse
> > and expecting confirmation messages back.
> >
> > This is not the #1 priority at this company, and they
> > are rewriting the whole system in VC# .Net because PB
> > took too long to get its s**y back, but I'm sick of
> > working on an ancient environment.
> >
> > Someone out there must have a third-party tool that they
> > know works. Someone here was nice enough to give me a
> > tool written in PB that accesses all the Windows
> > libraries for this, but the granularity of the
> > functionality, combined with the lack of documentation
> > (it is free, after all) makes it a steep hill to climb
> > for a non-comm like me.
> > Thanks for listening...(that's an IP joke, I think.)

0
Kelley
10/15/2010 1:10:41 AM
It was a long time ago, and unfortunately I don't have any of the code.
 It was their TCP/IP Active X.  We setup a listener on the client
laptops and would send tcp messages to them.

On 10/14/2010 9:10 PM, Kelley wrote:
> Which Dart product are you using? Their ActiveX wouldn't
> work with my 11.5 or 12.0, at least according to the tests I
> did and the traces I sent them. If you've got code /
> configuration samples, I'd be much obliged.
> KelleyDotWillis is Not AT investorsDotcom
>
> Thanks
>
>> I've used Dart with PB10.5, and you can probably get it to
>> work with 11.5 also.  Best bet is to checkout Roland's
>> Winsock code which does TCP/IP also:
>> http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_winsock.html
>>
>> HTH,
>> Kevin
>>
>> On 10/14/2010 6:23 PM, Kelley wrote:
>>> Comm is not my forte.
>>>
>>> An entire suite of apps I support are stuck in PB8
>>> because the third-party OLE that does the TCP/IP comm
>>> won't work in PB12. The vendor, Dart, has a new object
>>> I've tried, but it doesn't work either, and "the market
>>> for PB dev is too small for us to figure out why, unless
>>> you pay us."
>>> This is an app that is sending trxns to a clearinghouse
>>> and expecting confirmation messages back.
>>>
>>> This is not the #1 priority at this company, and they
>>> are rewriting the whole system in VC# .Net because PB
>>> took too long to get its s**y back, but I'm sick of
>>> working on an ancient environment.
>>>
>>> Someone out there must have a third-party tool that they
>>> know works. Someone here was nice enough to give me a
>>> tool written in PB that accesses all the Windows
>>> libraries for this, but the granularity of the
>>> functionality, combined with the lack of documentation
>>> (it is free, after all) makes it a steep hill to climb
>>> for a non-comm like me.
>>> Thanks for listening...(that's an IP joke, I think.)

0
Kevin
10/15/2010 10:39:26 PM
Forgot to say, I believe PB dropped support for ActiveX in 12, but I
don't see why you shouldn't be able to get it to work in 11.5.  You
should be able to do most or all of what you are looking to do with
Roland's code.

On 10/14/2010 9:10 PM, Kelley wrote:
> Which Dart product are you using? Their ActiveX wouldn't
> work with my 11.5 or 12.0, at least according to the tests I
> did and the traces I sent them. If you've got code /
> configuration samples, I'd be much obliged.
> KelleyDotWillis is Not AT investorsDotcom
>
> Thanks
>
>> I've used Dart with PB10.5, and you can probably get it to
>> work with 11.5 also.  Best bet is to checkout Roland's
>> Winsock code which does TCP/IP also:
>> http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_winsock.html
>>
>> HTH,
>> Kevin
>>
>> On 10/14/2010 6:23 PM, Kelley wrote:
>>> Comm is not my forte.
>>>
>>> An entire suite of apps I support are stuck in PB8
>>> because the third-party OLE that does the TCP/IP comm
>>> won't work in PB12. The vendor, Dart, has a new object
>>> I've tried, but it doesn't work either, and "the market
>>> for PB dev is too small for us to figure out why, unless
>>> you pay us."
>>> This is an app that is sending trxns to a clearinghouse
>>> and expecting confirmation messages back.
>>>
>>> This is not the #1 priority at this company, and they
>>> are rewriting the whole system in VC# .Net because PB
>>> took too long to get its s**y back, but I'm sick of
>>> working on an ancient environment.
>>>
>>> Someone out there must have a third-party tool that they
>>> know works. Someone here was nice enough to give me a
>>> tool written in PB that accesses all the Windows
>>> libraries for this, but the granularity of the
>>> functionality, combined with the lack of documentation
>>> (it is free, after all) makes it a steep hill to climb
>>> for a non-comm like me.
>>> Thanks for listening...(that's an IP joke, I think.)

0
Kevin
10/15/2010 10:41:02 PM
the only activex issues in 12 are for wpf clients, and that was
addressed in the 12.1  MR

Kevin R <kjr_23@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote:
> Forgot to say, I believe PB dropped support for ActiveX in 12, but I
> don't see why you shouldn't be able to get it to work in 11.5.  You
> should be able to do most or all of what you are looking to do with
> Roland's code.
>
> On 10/14/2010 9:10 PM, Kelley wrote:
>> Which Dart product are you using? Their ActiveX wouldn't
>> work with my 11.5 or 12.0, at least according to the tests I
>> did and the traces I sent them. If you've got code /
>> configuration samples, I'd be much obliged.
>> KelleyDotWillis is Not AT investorsDotcom
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>>> I've used Dart with PB10.5, and you can probably get it to
>>> work with 11.5 also.  Best bet is to checkout Roland's
>>> Winsock code which does TCP/IP also:
>>> http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_winsock.html
>>>
>>> HTH,
>>> Kevin

0
Bruce
10/16/2010 12:45:19 AM
There are issues with Active X controls in Win.Forms (Classic) starting in
PB 11 time frame and still exist in PB 12.1.
One example is Crystal Reports RDC control (11.x)
Many work and many do not work.

"Bruce Armstrong" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> the only activex issues in 12 are for wpf clients, and that was
> addressed in the 12.1  MR
>
> Kevin R <kjr_23@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Forgot to say, I believe PB dropped support for ActiveX in 12, but I
>> don't see why you shouldn't be able to get it to work in 11.5.  You
>> should be able to do most or all of what you are looking to do with
>> Roland's code.
>>
>> On 10/14/2010 9:10 PM, Kelley wrote:
>>> Which Dart product are you using? Their ActiveX wouldn't
>>> work with my 11.5 or 12.0, at least according to the tests I
>>> did and the traces I sent them. If you've got code /
>>> configuration samples, I'd be much obliged.
>>> KelleyDotWillis is Not AT investorsDotcom
>>>
>>> Thanks

0
Tyler

How use TCP/IP?for example:send a IP packet.
How can I using the TCP/IP function? for example: new a winsockt port to listen IP packet Send(broadcast) a Ip packet to a Host thanks for any help best regards Check out the following website: http://computers.science.org/powerbuilder/ Good luck, Dionn ms wrote: > > How can I using the TCP/IP function? > for example: > new a winsockt port to listen IP packet > Send(broadcast) a Ip packet to a Host > > thanks for any help > best regards -- ********************************************************************** Dionn M. Schaffn...

Using TCP/IP...
I hope someone can help me with this... I am currently in developing a client/server application to run over the internet. The only problem I'm having is that I don't know much about winsock or TPC/IP funcationality. If anyone has any good web sites or reference material please assist. Thanks. Lord Aelfric On Tue, 27 Jan 1998 15:39:59 -0500, "Cpl. Jacob M. Aldridge" <aldridgej@quantico.usmc.mil> wrote: You probably want to take a look at the Internet Developers Toolkit tutorial. Also you should check out all the sites on the PowerBuilder Web Ring, you a...

autodiscover and "on fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP"
Hey all When a customer ( that is configure with autodiscover ) connect using outlookanywhere it takes like 1->2min before outlook is connected to the exchange server.  If we set the "on fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP" option manually it connect within in 10sec. Is possible to let autodiscover set this option ?   /Søren  Soren Ravn:Is possible to let autodiscover set this option ?   No. At least in Exchange 2007 RTM.Regards,Dmitri GaikovoiP.S. Checks, mark post as answered, or simple "Thank you...

Connect using TCP/IP
I have a problem connecting to SQL Anywhere across IP router. What TCP/IP ports does Anywhere use to establish connection? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01BCDE8E.CA8DE370 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, the default port for SA is 1498. -Aditya -- ______________________________________________ http://www.softra.com Roman Jemets wrote in article ... >I have a problem connecting to SQL Anywhere across IP router. >What TCP/IP ports does Anywhere use to ...

Anyone using Powerbuilder 8
Anyone using PB 8, Could you run a quick test for me? Open an SQL datawindow in syntax mode and change one column to lowercase. Then convert to graphics mode. When I do this, PB can not convert to graphics. If I change the column back to uppercase, it converts fine. I am using SQL Server 7.0. I'm not sure if I have to change something with PB or SQL Server. Thanks in advance. Terry I have exactly the same behavior in Oracle. Change one or all letters to lowercase and receive "Table Does Not Exist" do you wish to continue in graphics mode. - Joe...

Is there anyone how use powerbuilder in germany
Thorsten, take a look at www.pbugg.de. It is still alive and growing;-) Regards Arnd Schmidt On 26 Nov 2003 11:21:27 -0800, "Thorsten" <Thorsten@grubys.de> wrote: > > ...

How to use tcp/ip protocol ?
Hi, How do I set the commlinks at the client side ? I can activate the ASA 6.0 service and only provide the tcp/ip protocol. But I do not know how to set the commlinks at the client side. Anyone can help ? Please. Rgds, Herman ...

Anyone tried using this SQL Tool?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=82afbd59-57a4-455e-a2d6-1d4c98d40f6e&displaylang=enanyone tried it before?would it help in MS SQL Express Depolyment? What do you mean by helping with deployment?  The SQL Server Management Studio Express is a great tool for doing DB admin tasks, which would include deployment related issues.Whether you think you can or you think you can't; you're right.If Heaven ain't a lot like Detroit, then I don't wanna go... - Uncle Cracker...

Anyone using this passwordexpiration tool from Novell?
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/14772.html I tried to use several months ago on netware 65sp3,,,but i keep getting an exception the config.xml cannot be opened. Anyone getting this to work on netware?? Yes, I'm running it on NW6.5 SP3... I initially had the same problem you did, I believe there were some typo's his release. IIRC, make sure the NCF you have launching the tool is exactly as follows: java -envCWD=sys:system/ExpirationNotification -classpath sys:system/ExpirationNotification/lib/ExpirationNotification.jar;sys:system/ExpirationNotification/lib...

Anyone Using Software Testing Tools?
Hi there, Is anyone out there using one of these tools to test their PowerBuilder apps: Rational Robot SilkTest WinRunner If so, I'm looking for an OLE Server that Sybase makes available for these tools to use called PowerBuilder Test API which I need to complete a project I've been given. I've tried for weeks to get someone in Sybase to help me but have gotten nowhere. If anyone out there can help me I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm also interested in a development system for Version 8.0, which is no longer supported by Sybase. Thanks Randy ...

New TCP/IP
Hi, Does anyone know when Novell might release a new TCP.NLM and TCPIP.NLM? The SP3 version seems to be a cause of the odd abend; the 605 update breaks iManager (JNET.NLM, specifically). Apparently there was another update (607) but this was withdrawn due to problems with Border Manager... Thanks, Iain This should be rereleased in a few days. Perhaps with an updated version number. Iain McLaren wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know when Novell might release a new TCP.NLM and TCPIP.NLM? > > The SP3 version seems to be a cause of the odd abe...

Anyone using Riverton HOW, PFC and Powerbuilder?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E7AC4687BA66ADD51C1E4407 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hallo, If yes, please give a reply. Any experiences with the multitable update service? --------------E7AC4687BA66ADD51C1E4407 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Andreas Holz Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="vcard.vcf" begin: vcard fn: Andreas Holz n: Holz;An...

Configuring TCP/IP IPSEC & TCP/IP Filtering settings in w2k?
Does anyone know how to configure IPSEC and TCP/IP filtering in TCP/IP settings, properties, advanced, options? Also which radio buttons in the DNS and WINS tabs should be ticked or unticked? I know netbios should be disabled. A link would be handy thanks in advance : ) --- This outgoing email has been scanned and is virus free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.265 / Virus Database: 137 - Release Date: 7/18/2001 http://www.faqs.org/faqs/internet/tcp-ip/tcp-ip-faq/part1/ RFC's: ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes http://www.rfc-editor.org...

Has anyone used these ASP.NET Tools before?
Hello All, I am intrested in getting either ComponentArts ASP.NET Web.UI Tool http://www.componentart.com/webui.aspx or the Telerik ASP.NET  R.A.D Controls http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet/overview.aspx. My question is has anyone used these before and how was your experience? Was it pretty easy to setup and implement in your web application? Thanks for your comments in advancehttp://www.vleadconsulting.com-------------------------------------------------If this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer. Thank you! I personally love Telerik, check my blog for test...

Web resources about - Anyone Using ThirdParty Tool for TCP/IP in PB12 Classic? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Tencent and Baidu both big up their value to thirdparty developers
Tencent and Baidu both big up their value to thirdparty developers Pocket Gamer.Biz Internet company Baidu recently paid $1.85 billion in cash ...

Daily Kos: thirdparty's Profile
And, well, I write a lot.But this long piece that just went up at Rolling Stone tries to distill what we now know about climate change into 3 ...

What is Facebook’s stance on third party Pages?
This week, Facebook launched Pages, a new way for businesses and brands to build a presence on Facebook. Shortly thereafter, Eric Eldon reported ...

The Onion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the satirical news source. For the vegetable, see Onion . For other uses, see Onion (disambiguation) . David Schafer (Chairman), ...

Silicon Knights loses Epic Games lawsuit
Epic Games has been awarded $4.45 million (£2.9m) in damages after successfully winning the lawsuit brought against it by Silicon Knights . ...

RetireFundsNews: Tnr Gold's interest in giant copper project draws third part interest!
TNR Gold Corp. (the "Company") (TSX VENTURE: TNR ) has received anunsolicited proposal from a third party to merge with TNR and toacquire TNR's ...

Adobe AIR SDK - Warranty disclaimer and license agreement - Adobe
Adobe AIR SDK warranty disclaimer and license agreement.

Microsoft Gives Windows a Clean Sweep
... and easier to navigate and faster in a variety of tests. A Folio 13 model PC desktop, as shipped by Hewlett-Packard, shows a cluster of thirdparty ...

Astrid - Terms Of Use
Astrid - To-do, Together

Terms of Use
MICROSOFT WINDOWS AZUREMARKETPLACE AGREEMENT DATED: March 2012 THANK YOU FOR CHOOSINGMICROSOFT WINDOWS AZURE MARKETPLACE! Please read the ...