Any resource on PowerBuilder webcast / training for new PowerBuilder developer (PB 8 or ...)

Hi,

I wonder if you guys know any links to help a new PowerBuilder developer? I
have a friend who is indeed needs to get a hands on DataWindow to maintain
several existing reports in PB 8 or 9. She has a .NET background but not
PowerBuilder.

Please let me know. Thanks.

--
Eddy Soeparmin

0
Eddy

The "Getting Started" documentation/tutorial should help...

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.dc37772_1150/html/pbgs/title.htm

....there's also analogous documentation going back to v10.0...

http://sybooks.sybase.com/nav/detail.do?docset=430

....and here's a link to our educational offerings...

http://www.sybase.com/support/education/sybasecoursecatalog/applicationdevelopment/powerbuilderinfomaker

--
John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist

"Eddy Soeparmin" <SoeparminE@MDAInc.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if you guys know any links to help a new PowerBuilder developer?
> I have a friend who is indeed needs to get a hands on DataWindow to
> maintain several existing reports in PB 8 or 9. She has a .NET background
> but not PowerBuilder.
>
> Please let me know. Thanks.
>
> --
> Eddy Soeparmin

0
John
2/5/2009 3:47:22 PM
Thanks John.

--
Eddy Soeparmin
"John Strano[Sybase]" <nichtspamjstrano@csi.com> wrote in message
> The "Getting Started" documentation/tutorial should help...
>
> http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.dc37772_1150/html/pbgs/title.htm
>
> ...there's also analogous documentation going back to v10.0...
>
> http://sybooks.sybase.com/nav/detail.do?docset=430
>
> ...and here's a link to our educational offerings...
>
> http://www.sybase.com/support/education/sybasecoursecatalog/applicationdevelopment/powerbuilderinfomaker
>
> --
> John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist
>

> "Eddy Soeparmin" <SoeparminE@MDAInc.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wonder if you guys know any links to help a new PowerBuilder developer?
>> I have a friend who is indeed needs to get a hands on DataWindow to
>> maintain several existing reports in PB 8 or 9. She has a .NET background
>> but not PowerBuilder.
>>
>> Please let me know. Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Eddy Soeparmin

0
Eddy

Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0
What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0? I would like to point out that the Appeon newsgroup is monitored by Sybase and Appeon engineering staff who are very knowledgeable about Appeon issues. Question that are purely PowerBuilder-related are best answered by the staff and users of the PowerBuilder newsgroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.XXXX. Please post to the appropriate newsgroup so you receive the help you desire. Thanks, Julie Jiang Appeon Corporation <dburris@onesolution.com> wrote in message news:40589011.2717.846930886@sybase.com... > What is the diffe...

Conflict
I have PowerBuilder 8 enterprise in my system for my existing packages. I would like to test my packages in PowerBuilder 11 Beta version. Is there any problem if I download and install the Beta version of PowerBuilder 11, to the system which contain the PowerBuilder 8? Thanks... The beta is over, but the evaluation version is available at http://response.sybase.com/forms/WW_PB11_Eval There shouldn't be any problem with multiple versions of PB on the same machine - different folder and dll names. Many of us have run 3 or 4 different versions concurrently! <Jemson Kuriak...

Migrating from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 8.0
We are doing a feasibility study of migrating a PFC based PowerBuilder Application from v6.5 to v8.0. This application is heavily PFC depended and also includes many custom based core layers. If anybody has done (PFC based) powerbuilder migration prior kindly suggest the best approach on the following. 1) How to successfully migrate from PowerBuilder 6.5/PFC - PowerBuilder 8.0/PFC. 2) How to fix/resolve post migration errors etc... . Any help or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and Regards Vamsi ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide....

Dropping Distributed PowerBuilder Support in PowerBuilder 8.0
I heard a long time ago that distributed PowerBuilder support was going to be dropped in PowerBuilder 8.0 in lieu of using EAServer. Is that true? When is PowerBuilder 8.0 coming out. Target for PB8 is Q1 2001. DPB is not being enhanced but the capabilities will still be there. On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:40:03 -0400, Chuck_Kiefriter wrote: >I heard a long time ago that distributed PowerBuilder support was going to >be dropped in PowerBuilder 8.0 in lieu of using EAServer. Is that true? >When is PowerBuilder 8.0 coming out. Chuck, I apologize, but I gave you inac...

Powerbuilder 7 (NT) to Powerbuilder 8 (win2000) has migration issues
I work for a company called Stanley Associates, and we have independent applications that were created under powerbuilder. Up until recently we had been using PB7 without any problems or compilation errors. Upon creating a new workspace, adding a target, and doing the initial rebuild, we ran into several information statements and even some errors in our migration/compilation. Silly statements like window name is invalid due to global variable of same type, or incomatible types in assignment. several erorrs and information that make no sense, yet never came up in version 7. What ar...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Problem registering dll created in Powerbuilder 8 and migrated to Powerbuilder 11
Hi, We have created a dll in Powerbuilder 8 as a com/mts application. This dll was then migrated to powerbuilder 11.1 build 8204. I am able to build the dll on my development machine and properly register the dll on my development machine on windows 7. When i deploy my dll and test application to a clean windows xp box, i am unable to register my dll using regsvr32. No error is displayed and the message box identifing that the registration was successful is never displayed. I have deployed all Powerbuilder 11 runtime using the powerbuilder runtime packager. I also deployed...

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity32_C...

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity...

PB Native and Powerbuilder 8
I need your opinions. We built an in house software to do our check ins and check outs and versioning. This software was made in powerbuilder 6.5 and was made to work with powerbuilder 6.5 objects. Don't ask me why they didn't use object cycle... Anyhow. By migrating to PB8 it came to my understanding that PB Native acts as a real source control. That is the problem. Our inhouse scc would use PbNative and PmCycle to do its versioning. I really doubt that our inhouse scc will still be able work. I was messing around with the new PbNative and notice that even though it is ...

PowerBuilder 8 + CrystalReport 8 How to?
Hi, Can anyone please help me how can I use CrystalReport version 8 with PowerBuilder Version 8? I have checked OCX Control but when I m putting that control, nothing is shown on screen like what we can have while inserting in VB or C#. And how can I play with that OLE object in PB, I mean how can i define report name to show then other properties of crystal report viewer control? It is very urgent, Thanks in advance Best Regards, Binoy Can you please help me? I have same file in Crystal report 8 but how to use that file ? BR Binoy <''John''...

Web resources about - Any resource on PowerBuilder webcast / training for new PowerBuilder developer (PB 8 or ...) - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles