Accessing PowerBuilder from another app

I have a windows application (Oracle forms 4) from which I would like to
link to a PowerBuilder app, get to a certain screen, and pass certain data
through as arguments.

The bit which I need help with is the linking to PB and passing data.  Could
anyone point me in the right direction?  How do I call specific windows?

Thanks,
Tracy

0
Nick

Nick,

You can use Windows messages for that. You need to map a user event on the
target PB window to an event in the range of pbm_custom01 to pbm_custom75.
These events have 2 fixed parameters, wparam (ulong) and lparam (long) which you
can use to pass in data.

NOTE: I am not familiar with Oracle Forms and am assuming that it either has the
capability to call external DLL functions or has an equivalent functions to the
Send() and Post() PowerScript functions.

Next, from within Oracle Forms, you have to get the handle to the target PB
window using API functions like FindWindowA() or FindWindowExA(). Then you will
call the SendMessage() or PostMessage() API functions (or their Forms'
equivalent) passing your data in the wparam and lparam arguments.

The target PB window will get the message and trigger the user event to process
it.

pbm_hopethishelps,
Roy

On Fri, 13 Nov 1998 16:12:34 -0000,
Nick Barlow <nick.barlow@vcmsupp.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>I have a windows application (Oracle forms 4) from which I would like to
>link to a PowerBuilder app, get to a certain screen, and pass certain data
>through as arguments.
>
>The bit which I need help with is the linking to PB and passing data.  Could
>anyone point me in the right direction?  How do I call specific windows?
>
>Thanks,
>Tracy

Roy Kiesler
Software Engineer
Logica Inc.
mailto://kieslerr@logica.com
0
Roy
11/13/1998 5:47:59 PM
P.S.,

pbm_custom01 = 1024   // 0x0400 or WM_USER in the winuser.h SDK file
pbm_custom01 = 1098   // 0x044A or WM_USER + 74 in the winuser.h SDK file

Use these values in the SendMessage function as follows:

SendMessage( <handle to PB window>, <message id, e.g., 1024>, wparam, lparam )

Roy

On Fri, 13 Nov 1998 16:12:34 -0000,
Nick Barlow <nick.barlow@vcmsupp.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>I have a windows application (Oracle forms 4) from which I would like to
>link to a PowerBuilder app, get to a certain screen, and pass certain data
>through as arguments.
>
>The bit which I need help with is the linking to PB and passing data.  Could
>anyone point me in the right direction?  How do I call specific windows?
>
>Thanks,
>Tracy

Roy Kiesler
Software Engineer
Logica Inc.
mailto://kieslerr@logica.com
0
Roy
11/13/1998 5:51:20 PM
I vould like use this functionto transfer a string value, but if the
event is activate by the SendMessage function, how can i
get the string value ?

Roy Kiesler a �crit dans le message ...
>P.S.,
>
>pbm_custom01 = 1024   // 0x0400 or WM_USER in the winuser.h SDK file
>pbm_custom01 = 1098   // 0x044A or WM_USER + 74 in the winuser.h SDK file
>
>Use these values in the SendMessage function as follows:
>
>SendMessage( <handle to PB window>, <message id, e.g., 1024>, wparam,
lparam )

>Roy
>
>On Fri, 13 Nov 1998 16:12:34 -0000,
> in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
>Nick Barlow <nick.barlow@vcmsupp.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>I have a windows application (Oracle forms 4) from which I would like to
>>link to a PowerBuilder app, get to a certain screen, and pass certain data
>>through as arguments.
>>
>>The bit which I need help with is the linking to PB and passing data.
Could
>>anyone point me in the right direction?  How do I call specific windows?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Tracy
>>

>Roy Kiesler
>Software Engineer
>Logica Inc.
>mailto://kieslerr@logica.com

0
ETIENNE

One PowerBuilder app triggering an event on another PowerBuilder app's Frame
Running 2 concurrent PowerBuilder apps (both MDI). Is there a way to trigger a user event on the frame of one of the apps from the other? I can get a handle to the frame window, and I am guessing that a Send() of some kind would do the trick, but I don't know which parameters to use or where the parameters for the Send() are documented. Thanks for the help. I recently had the same situation. You can use send or post to send a message to a window in another application. First you need the handle of the window you are sending the message to. Since it is in another applica...

Using a PowerBuilder app to drive another Windows app
My users need to run a canned Windows application repeatedly with a variety of parameters on a variety of datasets. In order to do this, they have to log in, choose a menu item, key in some parameters, click an OK button and exit. And then do it again and again and . . . We want to set up a database with the appropriate parameters and write an application to drive the process. We've considered Winbatch but would rather not introduce another development tool . . . if it's not too hard to accomplish the task in PowerBuilder. This has to run in a Windows 95 or NT Workstatio...

Powerbuilder app accessing IQ
We have an existing PB app which handles order entry, inventory, etc. Our users have the ability to lookup any order, whether the status is open, complete, cancelled, etc. We are in the process of archiving completed orders to an IQ database. What we want to do is first query our normal Sybase SQL database for the order. If its not found then that means the order is complete and in the IQ database. The application will make a connection to IQ and load the PB datawindows using the transaction pointing to IQ. All of this works, but the response time when querying IQ is extremely sl...

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

PowerBuilder and Access, on a Stand alone App.
Please, I'm going to develop a small stand alone app. with PB 10 a DB which should not be a matter to install on the PC ( my fist option is access 2003), but a friend of mine told me, that this is not a good chooise since He'd had some problems intearting with Access from PB. That why I will apreciate if you give me any advise about this combination or any other sugesstion. T.I.A Alex. Alex; FYI: "Access" is NOT a DBMS - but merely a glorified file access mechanism. For PB I would strongly consider SQLAnywhere (aka ASA) that comes with PB and ...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

PowerBuilder and Access
Hello Everyone, I am trying to connect to an Access Database with PowerBuilder 6.5. I am getting error: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Program type out of range I am a newbie. Please help. Thanks! You need to get a PB maintenance release from the Sybase site so that PB can handle some of the new datatypes that the newer version of ODBC that came with Access introduced. On Wed, 4 Apr 2001 13:24:08 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database <Missy> wrote: >Hello Everyone, > > I am trying to connect to an Access Databa...

PowerBuilder with Access
Hello, I need to use PowerBuilder with Microsoft Access working with queries of Access. I muts use a query with parameters, but I don�t know how to do it. When I try to generated a new Stored Procedure DataWindow, I can see the queries in the window 'Select Stored Procedure', but in the moment of selecting one, PB send me the follow message: Cannot create DataWindow SQLSTATE = 37000 [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver]Syntax error or access violation (call) 1 execute admin.query;0 id =:id Any idea? Thanks in advance In article <xfDp3qMG#GA.295@forum...

PowerBuilder + ACCESS
Hi all Im working with an access database and I cant read or update datetime fields. When I try to view its data with a select command all I can see is extrange information like ??/??/6117 or 17/??/-0485 or ??/??/0000. When I try to update a datetime field I get an error message indicating something about some format problem. �Anybody can help me? Connection data: SQLCA.DBMS = 'OLE DB' SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\data.mdb',PbTrimCharColumns='Yes',DelimitIdentifier='No'" Environment d...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

PowerBuilder and Access
Hello Everyone, I am new at this so I hope someone can help me. I am simply trying to connect to an MS ACCESS database using PowerBuilder 6.5. When I set up the Database Profile and Configure the ODBC, everything works fine and it connects to the database. But once I want to do something else, it comes up with this error: SQLSTATE=S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Program type out of range So the error occurs in the Driver Manager but I have no idea how to fix it. And also does anybody know if I have to have MS Access installed in my computer in order to d...

Deploying PowerBuilder client/server app as .NET Web app
Hi when I deploy Client/Server(stand alone) PowerBuilder application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not even getting any error messages. --Deploy--- Checking IIS Server... Generating .NET assembly file... Deploy failed. Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web application. It has successfully created and deployed as shown below. ---------- Deploy: Deploy of p_pbtutor_webform2 (1:50:39 PM) Checking IIS server... Generating .NET assembly file... Generating PBD files... Copying to IIS server... Deploy succeeded. ---------- Finished Deploy of p_pbt...

Web resources about - Accessing PowerBuilder from another app - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles