Access dot-net object?

A 3rd party provides us with a COM object which we call from our PB10
application.  They are talking about moving the COM object to a
"dot net object".  Would we still be able to access this object from PB10?

-Wes
0
Wes

Will you have access to source code?
Generally is possible to generate COM object from .NET assembly...
Or if you can wait for release PB 12 - it will be full .NET compatible
( i was told):))
� "Wes Gray" <linuxwes@yahoo.com> ������ ��� ������
>A 3rd party provides us with a COM object which we call from our PB10
> application.  They are talking about moving the COM object to a
> "dot net object".  Would we still be able to access this object from PB10?
>
> -Wes

0
Grigoris
12/10/2005 7:31:26 PM
your try ask them to supply a COM object from the .net assembly. For non
array and basic data types, public functions and methods can be easily made
COM visible without effort.

Otherwise you may have to do some of your own COM type conversion as shown
on the msdn site.

"Grigoris Tsolakidis" <gcholakidis@hotmail.com.spam-remove> wrote in message
> Will you have access to source code?
> Generally is possible to generate COM object from .NET assembly...
> Or if you can wait for release PB 12 - it will be full .NET compatible
> ( i was told):))
> � "Wes Gray" <linuxwes@yahoo.com> ������ ��� ������
>>A 3rd party provides us with a COM object which we call from our PB10
>> application.  They are talking about moving the COM object to a
>> "dot net object".  Would we still be able to access this object from
>> PB10?
>>
>> -Wes

0
gg

Innovation to ADO.NET
Matisse Software Inc. provides its native ADO.NET Data provider for Matisse 6.0, the Database for .NET. Matisse Software has pushed the envelope of Microsoft ADO.NET architecture and extended it into a powerful Object Access Services component for .NET. Matisse’s extension of ADO.NET demonstrates that ADO.NET can evolve beyond the Microsoft architecture to benefit .NET developers. Unlike the standard ADO.NET data provider, which returns data in a table format to integrate seamlessly with relational products, Matisse has extended the ADO.NET architecture to return data in an object format....

Accessing COM Objects on .NET
using EAS Server 4.2.2 for our web applications. I would like to access a COM object lying on a different webserver running ..Net on IIS. I have tried this before. I would appreciate if anyone could briefly outline the steps required to access the same Thanks You need to use the tlbexp utility to generate a COM typelib from the .NET assembly you're trying to access. You then use the TLB to register a COM proxy you can invoke from EAS. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com "Suresh" <...

Hello All, Powerbuilder and dot. net !
Hello All, can any one tell me that is dot net multi langauge is supporting powerbuilder, actully i did lots of work with powerbuilder and now i am palnning to learn the dot net / Java. so please tell me if dot net will support for powerbuilder then i will go for dot .net , and java i already supporting it. Please do replay Not exactly sure what you're looking for. Sybase is going to release a ..NET control of the datawindow next year. Have a look at the following to get a fuller picture of what's coming: http://www.techno-kitten.com/Changes_to_PowerBuilder/po...

Accessing asp.net objects in java
I am  Asp.net programmer I know very little java. I have been stuck on this problem for a week. So Please someone help.   I wrote a java script that runs fine in a normal web page but when I moved it to 3.0 DNN  module it would not work I think it is a scope issue of some kind because of the way DNN handles html document objects but I really have no idea   Here is the basic problem when I try accessing an HtmlInputHidden object in java using document.getElementById the controls on the page that have the declared runat="server" attribute come back as null in java. But...

Access request object from .NET components
Hello,  I found the following article on how to access the request, response, etc. objects from .NET components:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;319429  However, it only applies up to ASP.NET 1.1.  Is there an equivalent article for ASP.NET 2.0?  Thanks, Eric At first glance, I don't see anything in that article thats ASP.NET 1.1 specific. Request/Response/Session/Application/etc still works the same way in 2.0, or at least, are accessed the same. Thanks, it appears that why it appeared to not be relevant was because I didn'...

ASP.NET get object from ACCESS...
I only know how to get one attributes from database (eg: get user address by given user name), and I know to display datalists using databind.... my question is: How to get several attributes from ACCESS database ? (eg: given user name, how to get values like address, telephone#, DOB.... I don't want to display those items, just want to save them in Cookies...) thx anyone who can give information... :) I have no idea what you're saying. could you post example code that shows how to do what you currently know how to do?...

How to access Mozilla Objects from .NET C#
Hi All,I have been dying to develop an automation suite for Mozilla browser. The suite should be able to open the browser, navigate to the URL and perform actions like click and etc. I guess it could be achieved by mozctl.dll which comes with the mozilla activex control v1.7.12. The MozillaBrowser class inside the mozctl.dll has the necessary functions like navigate and document etc which can be used to get the control over the elements inside the DOM. The major issue I am facing is, when I write the code\ MozillaBrowser m = new MozillaBrowser(); m.Navigate(“Yahoo.com”, ref o, ref ...

Accessing the ASP.NET Session Object
I would like to be able to add an object to the Session prior to navigating to the first page in a web application that embeds Cassini in a Windows Forms application. Obviously it is possible to access the Session object from an ASPX file, but is it possible to access the ASP.NET Session Object programmatically from the application code that actually calls the Start method of the Cassini.Server object? I suspect this may mean modifying the Cassini code, or perhaps the solution lies by accessing the ASP.NET runtime programmatically? Any help would be much appreciated. Have you tri...

Calling PowerBuilder object in ASP.NET
I'm calling a PowerBuilder 6.5 object in an asp.net page and am having some perfomance issues. Here's the code: dim pb as object dim g_objPB as object pb = CreateObject("Powerbuilder.Application") pb.LibraryList = "c:\web\power.dll" pb.MachineCode = False g_objPB = pb.createobject("m_class") The code executes appropriately, however the line: pb.LibraryList = "c:\web\power.dll" takes at least 15 seconds to process. when i make these calls from a windows project they are almost instantaneous. my thinking is it's a s...

Accessing a COM object from ASP.NET
I have created a COM object to access some data from our proprietory database.  When I run the ASP.NET page in the Visual Studio 2005 debugger or through IIS on the developement machine I have no problems. When I installed the ASP.NET page on our 2000 Server and I try to access the methods of the COM object seems to work with the exception that whenever I make a call that should return a string the string I pass in comes back unmodified.  I have installed a C# Windows Application on the server to test out the object it works fine in that enviorment.  Any Ideas?Thanks,Jaso...

Replace the .NET 1.1 Behavior-Object with the .NET 2.0 Tag-Object , How to?
Hello, to set the Style - Attribute of my custom controls tag in source view from within its designer i use now the following code:Behavior.SetStyleAttribute("Left", false, val, true);This works fine but my visual studio 2005 / asp.net 2.0 says that the Behavior object is obsolete. The recommended alternative is the Tag object. But when i use it to set the Style attribute it doesn't work . I can set all other attributes or even create new ones using this Tag object but it does'nt work for the style attribute at all. What am i doing wrong? If I can't set the style attribute in my custom contr...

accessing objects within objects
I have a class, Computer. I have a hashtable full of classes that is within Computer. It is Categories (ie cpu, ram, etc). I try to access my Category like this and it doesn't work. I am recently switching from ASP to ASP.NET/C# so vbscript was my only previous programming experience. Computer myComputer = new Computer("tower2000"); // within the Computer constructor is when it creates the 30 or so categories // of computer parts, as a hashtable and creating a new Category object for each Category myCategory = (Category) myComputer.myCategories[0]; Label1.Text = myC...

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

How to access singleton session object in VB.NET?
I have a singleton session object and my code goes something like Imports clsGypSession.GYPSession Dim oSingleton As singleton = oSingleton.GetCurrentSession() The code for the single session object goes something like Imports System.Web Namespace GYPSession Public Class singleton Private Const SESSION_GYP As String = "GYP_PROFILE" Dim str_mEmail As String But when i run the application,i always have a object reference not set to an instance error at "Dim oSingleton As singleton = oSingleton.GetCurrentSession()". ...

Web resources about - Access dot-net object? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

I’ll be speaking at Philly Dot Net User Group on 3/21
I’ll be speaking at the Philly Dot Net User Group on 3/21 @ The Microsoft Office in Malvern, PA Great Valley Corporate Center 45 Liberty Boulevard, ...

2012 Agile Dot Net Presentation
Yesterday, I had the privilege of presenting the keynote talk at the 2012 Agile Dot Net conference in Columbus, OH. It's always fun to spend ...

Battles – “Dot Net” Video
... third cheekily-titled instrumental album La Di Da Di earlier this year, and today they've shared the Ben Jones-directed video for "Dot Net." ...

Sam Allen / Dot Net Perls :
The web's technology news site of record, Techmeme spotlights the hottest tech stories from all around the web on a single page.

No-Host Bar Dot Net - The New Disruptors - Mule Radio Syndicate
1:24:13 Download MP3 (38.7 MB) Dalton Caldwell is the head of App.net (sometimes called ADN for App Dot Net), which some think is a Twitter ...

Free Digital Photos Dot Net – free images for download for your projects
... pretty limited or standardized collections, but there are some which seem to produce something a little different. Freedigitalphotos.net is ...

US Asserts Super-Jurisdiction Over Dot-Com, Dot-Net, and Dot-Org Domains
... page advising that it has been seized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The message from the case is clear: all dot-com, dot-net, ...

No longer 'Dot-Com Bowl,' but game still super for Net
The legions of ad-buying start-ups may be long gone, but mainstream companies will try to leverage the Internet's reach during their Super Bowl ...

Dark Net - Tags - The Daily Dot
Latest Dark Net news and opinion from The Daily Dot.

DoT releases report, upholds core principles of Net Neutrality
The Department of Telecommunication has released the net neutrality report. The panel led by AK Bhargava has recommended the core principles ...