About SQLAnywhere...

Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the  Sybase SQL
Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with
these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por each machine for
instalation?.

Thanks in advance

0
Oscar

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998 17:45:30 -0600,
Oscar Miranda <omiranda@sia.com.mx> wrote:
>Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the  Sybase SQL
>Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with
>these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por each machine for
>instalation?.
>
>Thanks in advance

Hi

You can distribute your application  with sybase sqlanywhere engine without any
license.you have to distribute DBENG50W.DLL

BYE
SUBRAMANYAM
0
SUBRAMANYAM
11/27/1998 12:59:11 AM
I'm sorry but that is not exactly correct.

You can deploy the runtime engine for SQL Anywhere royalty free. That
is file rtdsk50.exe

The runtime version does not allow any DDL changes to the database and
does not provide a transaction log file. It also allows only one user
at a time to use the database file.

Regards,
Dave Fish [Team Powersoft]

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998 19:59:11 -0500, "SUBRAMANYAM V. MEKALA"
<subramanyam_mekala@issinet.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Nov 1998 17:45:30 -0600,
> in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
>Oscar Miranda <omiranda@sia.com.mx> wrote:
>>Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the  Sybase SQL
>>Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with
>>these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por each machine for
>>instalation?.
>>
>>Thanks in advance
>>

>Hi
>
>You can distribute your application  with sybase sqlanywhere engine without any
>license.you have to distribute DBENG50W.DLL
>
>BYE
>SUBRAMANYAM

0
dfish
11/27/1998 4:07:27 AM
What Dave said is correct.  If you have any other questions about SQL
Anywhere please visit the SQLAnywhere.General newsgroup on this same news
server.

--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dynamic Data Solutions http://www.dyn-data.com

Oscar Miranda wrote in message ...
>Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the  Sybase SQL
>Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with
>these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por each machine for
>instalation?.
>
>Thanks in advance

0
Jim

sqlanywhere and powerbuilder
hello!! when i try to connect to database sqlanywhere using ODBC, i get an error message: "Catalog tables could not be create and are not available for use" i put all rights to user dba. what i do? i wanna see all tables all data thanks... -- Cornelio Royer Gerente General WIN SOFT CORP., S.A. telefono: 317-0134 celular: 674-1218 When you connect for the first time, you need to connect with user id of SYS or SYSTEM, well I don't remember exactly which one. Anyway, it's a db default id that allows the PB catalog tables to be created and th...

What generals generally do

Sqlanywhere.general missing?
I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a couple of weeks now. Has something changed? The newsgroups have moved to a new server. You will need to reset your news. -- Joshua Savill , SYBASE iAnywhere Solutions - Technical Support "James L. Blackburn" <jamesb@round2consulting.com> wrote in message news:il739v4jhptn8f7knlko9h5bk2pcjm9l08@4ax.com... > I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a > couple of weeks now. Has something changed? > > Same name, different IP address. It co...

shutdown SQLAnywhere Server from Powerbuilder
Is it possbile to shutdown the SQLAnywhere server from within a Powerbuilder application? I would like the SQLAnywhere shutdown when the last connection from client app is broken. Any advice would be really appreciated. ...

sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere server
Currently i am using sqlanywhere and powerbuilder tool as my system development. And i am developing a standalone system. Let say, if i want to migrate my standalone system to client-server system, how do i do that? I heard that i need to have sqlanywhere(server engine) to deploy my system as client-server system. If so, do i need to install sqlanywhere(server engine) into window NT or just normal pc(treat as server). For client-server system, do i need to install sqlanywhere server at server and sqlanywhere client as normal pc where my program is installed? Could someone tell me where...

Is PowerBuilder.General newsgroup broken?
Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. Mike Just saw some new ones now..Could be some haven't switched to the new servers.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. "Mike Niemann" <mniemann@oowidgets.com> wrote in message news:#VivpTX7CHA.331@forums-2-dub... > Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. > > Mike > > I had the same problem too! Then I right-clicked on the newsgroup and clicked properties->Local Files Tab->Clicked on the Reset to reset all the postin...

This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I was able to hit it 11:25 am Eastern Daylight Savings Time vie OE newsreader. Russ <rob.potts@veridian.com> wrote in message news:3485451A5E94D5550053492985256D08.0053493885256D08@webforums... This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I've notified the people in charge. Until it's resolve, you can still use the web-based newsreader at www.pfcguide.com. On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:14:52 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.futures_discussion <Joe_Slawsky> ...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
Can someone help me please. I am using PB7 Build 8033 and Excel 97 SR1 I have a spreadsheet which has 1 chart "graph", and 2 sheets "Model" and "Calculations". There are also 7 macros in module 1. I am trying to use OLE Automation to link to the spreadsheet, I need to populate some cells, run some macros and retreive some cells. I can get excel and the spreadsheet to open in automation mode, I can retreive and populate individual cell value, and I can successfully close and disconnect from excel and the spreadsheet. My problem is that I cannot s...

SQLAnywhere, PowerBuilder, and version conflicts
Please excuse the dual post -- as you'll see, this pertains to both groups equally. My explaination is probably less than coherent, as I'm getting frantic and a little wired. We're developing an application in PowerBuilder 5.0.02 and are currently in the final testing stages. We're testing on Windows '95 and NT4.0. We recently noticed that we have multiple versions of SQLAnywhere on the network. When running the compiled program, our windows 95 workstation testers get errors if they use SQLAnywhere version 5.0.03. However, the developers on the same platfor...

Welcome to the PowerBuilder.General newsgroup
Welcome to the Powersoft sponsored newsgroup for general PowerBuilder questions. While we encourage you to look around forums.powersoft.com to find a newsgroup that most precisely fits the topic of your question, we encourage those whose questions fall between the cracks to post their questions here. While Powersoft controls this newsgroup, there are some **MIS**interpretations of that fact that should be avoided: - "Posting a message means a guaranteed answer from Powersoft." In an effort to help PowerBuilder developers help each other become successful, Powersof...

SQLAnywhere, PowerBuilder, and version conflicts
Please excuse the dual post -- as you'll see, this pertains to both groups equally. My explaination is probably less than coherent, as I'm getting frantic and a little wired. We're developing an application in PowerBuilder 5.0.02 and are currently in the final testing stages. We're testing on Windows '95 and NT4.0. We recently noticed that we have multiple versions of SQLAnywhere on the network. When running the compiled program, our windows 95 workstation testers get errors if they use SQLAnywhere version 5.0.03. However, the developers on the same platfor...

Error to post powerbuilder \General forum
Hai all I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying to post. Pls help with thnaks Polachan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp And the error is? On 6 Oct 2008 01:34:33 -0700, "polachan" <polachan> wrote: >Hai all > >I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying >to post. > >Pls help > >with thnaks >Polachan >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- >http://www.pfcgui...

Great thread in the powerbuilder.general forum
Look for the one entitled "Identity Column". It started on 4/7/2003 with a question about implementing IDENTITY/AUTOINCREMENT columns in PB datawindows, but has morphed into a debate of Oracle v. ASA. Anybody that wants to pile on, please feel free to contribute! -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com Join the PB9 Book mailing list! www.pb9book.com ...

Accessing SQLAnywhere from Distributed Powerbuilder as NT Service
I am running a distributed Powerbuilder application which connects to a SQLAnywhere database by setting the DBPARM 'ConnectString' by specifying DSN, UID and PWD. The DSN is defined on the NT workstation as User and System. The problem is this. When I set the application to run as a service on NT, the connection to the database works successfully on some workstations but not on others. The only way to get it to run reliably as a service is to set the database engine as a service as well, and to launch it with the databse file specified (i.e., prelaunch the database as a servi...

Modify Expression Editor
How about improving on the Modify Expression Editor a bit? We have some quite complicated expressions, and the tiny little MLE control that PB uses to allow us to edit expression is very clumsy (and yes, I do realize about the elipse to bring up the modal Modify Expression window - which contains an only slight less tiny MLE for editing the Expression). Not to mention that embedded Returns in the expression can cause the computed field to behave funny. How about a real editor, complete with color markups, support for indentation and carrage returns, AutoScript even! Oooh,...

Web resources about - About SQLAnywhere... - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere