a better Datawindow SaveAs function - Datawindow Cut and Past facility ?

Dear all,

A general question about a common request from our clients...

Is there a PB utility (third party or otherwise) to allow the user save a
datawindow in some sort of WYSIWYG format.
I know you can use the SaveAs function, but this saves all of the columns in
the underlying select statement, not just
the columns visible to the user. It's also not WYSIWYG.

This is a long shot ... but is there some tool I can use to allow the user
'Cut and Paste' sections of a DataWindow to
Word (for example). I've seen some applications written in Delphi that have
this feature - so it's often thrown back at me !!!

Thanks for any ideas you may have,

Peter

0
Peter

How about to PDF? There's a component up on the Sybase website that will let you
save your datawindow to PDF format. Requires Adobe PDFWriter. For a non-Adobe
solution, check out the Amyuni PDF product.

regards,
Bill

--
Bill Green[TeamSybase]
Vote Now: Readers Choice Awards

Good Links to know, good places to go:

Developer stuff on my.sybase.com - Sign up, visit often
Find things like:
-- EAServer 3.6.1 maintenance release is available
-- PowerBuilder 7.03 maintenance release available
-- Components, White papers, articles and more
-- Web DataWindow Article Series (Author: Larry Cermak)
-- Jaguar Agent for Web Servers (HTTP access to PB components)

PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com

Power3 - Custom Training  - http://www.power3.com
Bill Green @ Power3 - wgreen@power3.com

Bill
5/31/2001 3:03:20 PM
Use: saveas HTML fotmat !

On Thu, 31 May 2001 11:03:20 -0400,
Bill Green[TeamSybase] <bill.green@teamsybase.com> wrote:
>How about to PDF? There's a component up on the Sybase website that will let
you
>save your datawindow to PDF format. Requires Adobe PDFWriter. For a non-Adobe
>solution, check out the Amyuni PDF product.
>
>regards,
>Bill
>
>Peter Moran wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> A general question about a common request from our clients...
>>
>> Is there a PB utility (third party or otherwise) to allow the user save a
>> datawindow in some sort of WYSIWYG format.
>> I know you can use the SaveAs function, but this saves all of the columns in
>> the underlying select statement, not just
>> the columns visible to the user. It's also not WYSIWYG.
>>
>> This is a long shot ... but is there some tool I can use to allow the user
>> 'Cut and Paste' sections of a DataWindow to
>> Word (for example). I've seen some applications written in Delphi that have
>> this feature - so it's often thrown back at me !!!
>>
>> Thanks for any ideas you may have,
>>
>> Peter
>
>--
>Bill Green[TeamSybase]
>Vote Now: Readers Choice Awards
>http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2001/
>

>Good Links to know, good places to go:
>
>Developer stuff on my.sybase.com - Sign up, visit often
>Find things like:
>-- EAServer 3.6.1 maintenance release is available
>-- PowerBuilder 7.03 maintenance release available
>-- Components, White papers, articles and more
>-- Web DataWindow Article Series (Author: Larry Cermak)
>-- Jaguar Agent for Web Servers (HTTP access to PB components)
>
>PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com
>
>Power3 - Custom Training  - http://www.power3.com
>Bill Green @ Power3 - wgreen@power3.com
LFT
5/31/2001 3:35:29 PM
Or better yet, Describe ("datawindow.Data.HTML"). This includes both
data and format.

Good luck,

On Thu, 31 May 2001 11:35:29 -0400, "LFT" <figto@usa.com> wrote:

>Use: saveas HTML fotmat !
>
>On Thu, 31 May 2001 11:03:20 -0400,
> in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
>Bill Green[TeamSybase] <bill.green@teamsybase.com> wrote:
>>How about to PDF? There's a component up on the Sybase website that will let
>you
>>save your datawindow to PDF format. Requires Adobe PDFWriter. For a non-Adobe
>>solution, check out the Amyuni PDF product.
>>
>>regards,
>>Bill
>>
>>Peter Moran wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> A general question about a common request from our clients...
>>>
>>> Is there a PB utility (third party or otherwise) to allow the user save a
>>> datawindow in some sort of WYSIWYG format.
>>> I know you can use the SaveAs function, but this saves all of the columns in
>>> the underlying select statement, not just
>>> the columns visible to the user. It's also not WYSIWYG.
>>>
>>> This is a long shot ... but is there some tool I can use to allow the user
>>> 'Cut and Paste' sections of a DataWindow to
>>> Word (for example). I've seen some applications written in Delphi that have
>>> this feature - so it's often thrown back at me !!!
>>>
>>> Thanks for any ideas you may have,
>>>
>>> Peter
>>
>>--
>>Bill Green[TeamSybase]
>>-----------------------------------------------------------
>>Vote Now: Readers Choice Awards
>>http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2001/
>>

>>Good Links to know, good places to go:
>>
>>Developer stuff on my.sybase.com - Sign up, visit often
>>Find things like:
>>-- EAServer 3.6.1 maintenance release is available
>>-- PowerBuilder 7.03 maintenance release available
>>-- Components, White papers, articles and more
>>-- Web DataWindow Article Series (Author: Larry Cermak)
>>-- Jaguar Agent for Web Servers (HTTP access to PB components)
>>
>>PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com
>>
>>Power3 - Custom Training  - http://www.power3.com
>>Bill Green @ Power3 - wgreen@power3.com
>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
Version 2 now available at the Sandbox

Charitable donations without money?
CLICK FOR FREE MONEY!!
The Hunger Site: http://www.thehungersite.com
The Rainforest Site: http://www.therainforestsite.com
The Kids AIDS Site: http://www.thekidsaidssite.com
The Child Survival Site: http://www.thechildsurvivalsite.com
The Breast Cancer Site: http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
The Landmine Site: http://www.thelandminesite.com
0
Terry

Cut and Paste Not Functioning
Name: Dan Christ Email: dandotchristatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Cut and Paste Not Functioning Comments: Using b2evolution blogging software, and cannot copy text from a tinyurl page into the popup link dialog box. Very annoyinh. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020511 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

Powerbuilder SaveAs() Function
I need to save datawindows to excel files. I currently have the following code to invoke the Save As dialog box: dw_format.SaveAs("",Excel!,TRUE) What I need to know is how do I set the default directory that the file will save to to My Documents? The user needs to be able to specify the name of the file so I can't just put the entire path in the quotes. Can anyone help? I'm a fairly new user and trying to learn as much as I can as I go. Thanks, Nick nklenke@hotmail.com If memory serves me correctly, you can't specify just the path. If you do...

Cut,Copy, Paste functions
Hi! Is it possible to catch Ctrl+C. Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X keys in a datawindow? I would like to enable paste menu option when user an user copies or cuts a text. THX It's already available(naturally, from Windows (;-)) in editable DW fields. Please explain in more details what you are trying to achieve. > Hi! > > Is it possible to catch Ctrl+C. Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X keys in a > datawindow? I would like to enable paste menu option when > user an user copies or cuts a text. > > THX > > I want to enable Cut, Copy and Paste submenu items depending on...

Cut And Paste Functionality for the DW
Has anybody out there in PB Land found a way to cut and paste from a datawindow into anything (word,wordpad,notepad,etc. Richtext datawindows are not a solution due to the layout and complexity of the datawindow (you can't group data in RTF, or can you?) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom Granados MCIWorldcom You mean copy and paste more than one column/row? Look at the .Selected.Data and .Data properties of a datawindow object. You can use those to get a tab delimited string representing the datawindow data. On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:24:24 -0400, in powersoft...

Functions cut, copy + paste
Name: Patrick Coulon Email: pcoatwanadoodotfr Product: Firefox Summary: Functions cut, copy + paste Comments: For some reasons, usage of cut, copy and paste functions for certain Internet site doen't work on my computer. Even after creating the "user.js" file under Mozilla/Firefox directory, it doesn't work. Can someone help me ? Many thanks in advance and have a nice day. Patrick. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

No cut/copy/paste function? Are you insane?
Name: Chris Bradshaw Email: chrisdotbradshawatbcgeudotca Product: Firefox Summary: No cut/copy/paste function? Are you insane? Comments: Are you people out of your f*****g minds? You've disabled the Cut/Copy/Paste features in rich text editing in Firefox?! This is insanity! You've just turned me off the Firefox browser, and I'm sure thousands of others will follow. And your complicated instructions for enabling these features are laughable. Who in their right minds are going to do this for every site they want to access? Give your heads a shake, and join the...

cut/paste problem & general comment
Name: ted thomas Email: tthomasatcosmozilladotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: cut/paste problem & general comment Comments: There is still a rather obscure problem having to do with selecting a block of text (for purposes of indenting for example), and then subsequently attempting to paste new external text into the new document. I haven't been able to nail this down precisely, but the gist of the problem is that once you've done the original select operation, when you try to position the cursor for a subsequent paste (anywhere on the document), it re-sel...

Missing some cut&paste functionality in PD9
There is no possibility to paste a text to some grids (for example to the "Expression" column in the "Customize Columns and Filter" dialog, which is quite annoying imperfection. Can we hope this bug will be repaired in some EBF? It has a better chance of getting fixed if you report it by starting a case with tech support. -- Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase] http://www.datamodel.org mike@nospam!datamodel.org Sybase product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement <Petr Borsky> wrote in message news:40114336.75ba.8469308...

Powerbuilder Freezing, Keying errors, Cut/Paste
I have PB8.0 with XP and it freezes quite often. Any suggestions. But especially bad is the lack of ctrl-C, ctrl-V functionality when editing functions. Why does my cut/paste not work properly? Thanks, Douglas XP is not supported. I would definitely get the 801 upgrade. There are known issues with ctrl-c etc in the 8.0 release. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp "D. Meade" <dmeade@goldbergmeade.com> wrote in ...

PowerBuilder Function SaveAs Error in MS Office 2003
We have a powerbuilder application to use saveas function to save datawindow data to MS spreasheet in MS office 2003, but we got a error saying "Error calling external function SaveAs". Could you tell us that the function does not work for MS office 2003? We use powerbuilder 8.0.1 and 6.5. The dw.saveas() function doesn't care about the office version installed. Are you using OLE? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement ...

Better way to cut and paste text (Strings) in VS2008 ?
 There was a add in called Smart Paster but i cant seem to get it working on VS2008. What i am looking for is a tool that will allow me to past strings (mostly XML) and when the post it made in side C# the string is clean with correct "" etc Is their any thing else ?  VisualStudio.NET 2008 Source - http://www.papadimoulis.com/alex/SmartPaster2008sln.zip Vikram www.vikramlakhotia.comPlease mark the answer if it helped you...

Powerbuilder general function to open setfocus and set filter on...
I have a problem conserning wherever in the application when someone registers an alert for later handling this function is to register the entire object path to where he registered that alert. (I am using PowerBuilder 6.5). Then im to retrieve the entire path for the followin things: column. datawindow tab window Are there any functions to do this in PFC, im sorry for posting this here, but i cannot find much in the documentation, btw another question, do you know of any good links to better documentation for PFC than what follows PowerBuilder? Thanks in advance. Klaus M...

Cut/paste function, how is it handled in NetWare 5.1?
Hello: NOS is NetWare 5.1 SP3 (I know I'm behind) using the traditional directory/file system (non-NSS). Workstations are W2K SP3 (NTFS) w/additional patches and using Novell Client 32 4.83 SP1 plus extra patches. When a user opens Windows Explorer on workstation and does one of the following functions, how does NetWare handle this: A. Select the file(s), cuts the file(s) (doesn't matter what method, i.e. right-click and choose cut or click on option in Explorer menu), and pastes to a new directory on same mapped drive. (Does NetWare do a copy first, then ...

Giving cut, copy, paste functionality to a textbox in a XUL window...
Hi, The copy and paste functionality doesn't work consistently in a XUL textbox(which is part of dialog). I want to capture when ever control+c is pressed and copy the text to clip board, and paste it when ctrl+v is pressed. Copying to/from the clipboard can be done easily, but how will I capture the keys pressed by the user? I can define a key using the 'key' element for control+c. But how can I attach it to a textbox? Thanks & Regards, - Raj Rajendra Prasad Murakonda wrote: > The copy and paste functionality doesn't work consistently in a XUL >...

Copy, Paste, and Cut Toolbar icon functions don't work
Name: Roger Williams Product: Gran Paradiso Alpha 1 Summary: Copy, Paste, and Cut Toolbar icon functions don't work Comments: I just found another bug when I highlighted The Gran Paradiso Alpha 1 and clicked on the Copy icon on the toolbar and what I copied didn't paste. I had to select Copy , dropped down from Edit. Copy, Paste, and Cut Toolbar icons don't work. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061213 Minefield/3.0a1 The functions now work in Firefox 2.0 but they don't work in Minefield...

Web resources about - a better Datawindow SaveAs function - Datawindow Cut and Past facility ? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo