9.0.0, 9.0.1, 9.0.2 - stability

My shop is moving to PB9 and is about to deploy with 9.0.0
build 5507.  How stable is this runtime environment?  I
assume 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 are better, but that isn't always the
case.  I'd like to convince folks here that going out with a
.0 release is a bit risky, but I haven't found any issues
with 9.0.0 yet that require us to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2.

Should I feel comfortable that 9.0.0 is fine, or are there
solid reasons to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2 that I haven't found
yet?
0
Brian

I'd go with the 9.0.1 release - the latest EBF.  I haven't personally taken 9.0.2 for a spin, but I'd heard that there
were some regressions.  It turns out that 9.0.2 was finalized and released PRIOR to the latest 9.0.1 build, so they're a
little "out of sync".

--
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

<Brian Lauducci> wrote in message news:418bc868.4aa9.1681692777@sybase.com...
> My shop is moving to PB9 and is about to deploy with 9.0.0
> build 5507.  How stable is this runtime environment?  I
> assume 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 are better, but that isn't always the
> case.  I'd like to convince folks here that going out with a
> 0 release is a bit risky, but I haven't found any issues
> with 9.0.0 yet that require us to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2.
>
> Should I feel comfortable that 9.0.0 is fine, or are there
> solid reasons to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2 that I haven't found
> yet?

0
Paul
11/6/2004 4:17:45 AM
Brian;

 There are some minor bugs in DW scrolling, etc that are fixed in PB 9.0.1.
We have been on this release since it came out. It is very stable for us.
Just implementing PB 9.0.2 this month and moving some other applications to
PB 10. Stay tuned for further news bulletins <vbg>.

Regards ... Chris

<Brian Lauducci> wrote in message
> My shop is moving to PB9 and is about to deploy with 9.0.0
> build 5507.  How stable is this runtime environment?  I
> assume 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 are better, but that isn't always the
> case.  I'd like to convince folks here that going out with a
> 0 release is a bit risky, but I haven't found any issues
> with 9.0.0 yet that require us to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2.
>
> Should I feel comfortable that 9.0.0 is fine, or are there
> solid reasons to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2 that I haven't found
> yet?

0
Chris

Swedish Firefox 0.9, 0.9.1, 0.9.2
Hi, PLEASE NOTE: The Swedish l10n page has moved to http://www.mozilla.se/ This has been previously posted on this list and to mlp-staff, with no reply or update of the mlp status pages. Thus, i repeat: Please update your links! The Swedish (sv-SE) l10n group has releasted language packs and localized builds for Windows and Linux of the Firefox 0.9 versions. Due to the security issues, Windows version prior to 0.9.2 have been removed. These language packs are considered stable and tested. Firefox 0.9.2 pack: http://www.mozilla.se/paket/firefox-0.9.2-svSE.xpi Firefox 0....

Upgrading from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2
We are planning to upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. The documentation states that we just need to run dbupgrad and then archive the transaction log and start a new one if we do some replication. Is it as easy as this? I can just rename the transaction log and then delete it. Could you share your experience if you have done this already? We are concerned that we will have problems with synchronization when we do this upgrade. Rey Valera wrote in news:45b896ef.3028.1681692777@sybase.com of sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink: RV> We are planning to upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. ...

upgrade 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Ok , I give up, Im at a loss as to why Im having the problems upgrading. I took a clean install of 9.0.0 and ran the upgrade script to go from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 , I then take the lastest ebf to upgrad 9.0.1 to 9.0.1.1912. Once this is done if I try and create a database I get the following error: [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to start database server Error code=-80 SQL state=08001 Connection parameters: User=DBA Password=*** ENG=asdfa START=dbeng9 -c 10M -gp 2048 DBN=utility_db I have also tried these same steps on another mac...

Upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Hi, i am new with Sybase, so any help is welcome. I have SQL Anyware Studio v.9.0.0 installed and it works, but I need a Lithuanian Collation (it is announced to be available in 9.0.1), so I applied a patch from 9.0.0. to 9.0.1. After this upgrade (and after ALL other available EBFs sequentialy) I cannot connect to my database (Sybase Central loads correctly). Here is a message after I try to load a db using Tools\Connection profiles\Connect... +-----------------+ | Stack Trace | ...

ASA 9.0.0 and 9.0.2 On the Same Computer
Is it possible to maintain two versions of ASA on the same computer? I need to have 9.0.0 and 9.0.2 on the same server. Do you want to run both versions at the same time? -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8 Please reply only to the newsgroup iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio -> Set filter to &q...

Issue with Upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2
I was wondering if you can help me with this issue that we experienced when we upgraded one of the ASA database that we are synchronizing from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. The name of the database file is core5.db and the log is core5.log. After I ran the dbupgrad utility, I copied the core5.log file to the same folder and named it core51.log then I deleted the core5.log file. I got this error message in the attached log when I tried to synchronize. I. 01/31 10:32:54. Begin synchronizing 'ScopePub' for MobiLink user 'user1' I. 01/31 10:32:55. Log scan starting at offset 00004...

No Timezone Selectable using TB 2.0.22, Contacts Sidebar 0.7.1 , Lightning 0.9 & Ubuntu 9.0.4
Hi, In several new TB 2.0.22, I noticed that you can not select the TimeZone. I'm Using the following add-ons for Linux: Contacts Sidebar 0.7.1 Lightning 0.9 I'm get TB using apt-get install thunderbird Using Ubuntu 9.0.4 32bit The following erros occurrs: When I open TB the calendar toolbar doesn't open automatically. I cannot select the TimeZone, when I open TB It doesnt show the Date Column correctly. Look at those images: No Timezone selectable image: http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4828/screenshotthunderbirdpr.png or http://yfrog.com/0cscreenshotthunder...

2.0.0.9 versus 2.0.0.16
Name: Danny Eaton Email: dannyeatonatricedotedu Product: Firefox Summary: 2.0.0.9 versus 2.0.0.16 Comments: When I am running v 2.0.0.9, I have no problems. When Firefox AUTOMATICALLY UPGRADES to 2.0.0.16 (without having asked me if I want to), I have problems with Flash (on my wireless control server), and JAVA. I then have to uninstall flash, java, and Firefox 2.0.0.16, then reinstall 2.0.0.9, then flash and java. Huge pain in the ass. Why can't it just ask me if I want to upgrade, and if I say no, leave me alone? The problem only happens on this laptop, and 2.0.0...

Versions 2.0.0.9 and 2.0.0.10
Name: Bert Royden Email: walldiveratyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Versions 2.0.0.9 and 2.0.0.10 Comments: I downloaded the .10 version and immediately was unable to open any pdf web pages. I've gotten rid of version .10, but I have no idea where to redownload 2.0.0.9. There should be an easy place on your website to download previous versions of Firefox. Sincerely, Bert Royden Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1) ...

Make error: DBD-Oracle-1.14 , DBI-1.39, Oracle rdbms 9.2.0.0.0 , solaris 9
------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C3BE5A.4F6A0C70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, When I make DBD-Oracle 1.14 , Makefile.PL generates a Makefile with "-o build" in the compiler string before blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so and prevents Oracle.so from being built correctly. demo_rdbms.mk appears to be to supplying this: Attempting to discover Oracle OCI build rules^M gcc -B/usr/ccs/bin/ -c DBD_ORA_OBJ.c^M by executing: (make -f /export/home/oracle/ora9idbms/rdbms/demo/demo_rdbms.mk bu ild ECHODO=echo EC...

[Fwd: Re: No Timezone Selectable using TB 2.0.22, Contacts Sidebar 0.7.1 , Lightning 0.9 & Ubuntu 9.0.4]
Hi Stefan, I installed the required packages and works. Thanks, Paulo S�rgio Correia Warning: This e-mail attachments can contain the ODF format (Open Document Format) / ABNT. Before asking the attachments in another format, you can install OpenOffice (http://www.openoffice.org) or the following Plugin for Microsoft Office (http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin/get.jsp) Protect the Forest and your money: only print if necessary. Use the Econofont (http://www.ecofont.eu/ecofont_en.html). Not to Monopoly: Use Programs Open Source / Freeware. Linux user # 490...

Does ODAC 9.2.0.7.0 work with Oracle database version 9i 9.2.0.6.0 using VS2005?
I am using VS2005 and need to connect to an Oracle database. The Oracle database version is Oracle 9i 9.2.0.6.0 I have taken a look at the Oracle site (http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odpnet/index.html). I can download the Oracle Data Access Component - Oracle9i Release 2 ODAC 9.2.0.7.0, but will this work with our current Oracle database version 9i 9.2.0.6.0 ? Any help appreciated. Regards, Paul. Apsolutely.Install it, it will work w/o problems. Regards,Dejan VesićMCAD for .Net technologies | http://www.vesic.org/english/ | Blog: http://www.vesic.org...

9.0.1 to 9.0.2 question
Currently an application running on an older Symbol device with CF 1.x that was built using a 9.0.1.xxxx build is synchronizing with a consolidated db of the same 9.0.1.xxxx build. I am porting the handheld application to an intermec device and will need to build using the .NET CF 2.0. In order to do this I need to move to a 9.0.2.xxxx SQL anywhere build. I'd like to leave the consolidated db alone, since there is an amount of time that I will have a mixture of old (9.0.1.xxxx) and new devices(9.0.2.xxxx) clients synchronizing with it. My question is, can I do this, and if...

Upgrade 9.0.1 to 9.0.2
Using 9.0.1 developer's edition, is there any way to upgrade to 9.0.2, or do we need to uninstall 9.0.1 and install 9.0.2? Thanks Wayne MRs can be applied to EVAL and Developer editions. Maintenance releases (MR) and EBFs can be found at 1. Go to http://downloads.sybase.com 2. Logon to mySybase 3. From the product families list, select SQL Anywhere Studio 4. Locate desired MR or EBF. NOTE: 1) You may need to expand the Timeframe dropdown and click GO! to locate older MRs and EBFs. 2) EBFs can only be applied to the appropriate MR. If the EBF is for a later MR...

Upgrade from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2
I'm currently up to SQL Anywhere 9.0.1.2085. I want to get to the latest release since I'm playing with Mobilink right now but I can't seem to be able to upgrade to the latest EBF of 9.0.2 from 9.0.1. The iAnywhere update website states: "There are no updates to iAnywhere's SQL Anywhere 9.0.1.2085, for WIN32 at this time." I can see one more EBF for 9.0.1 on Sybase' EBF web site. Does this require purchasing an upgrade to 9.0.2? Thanks in advance, Bob Bob wrote: > > Does this require purchasing an upgrade to 9.0.2? > ...

Web resources about - 9.0.0, 9.0.1, 9.0.2 - stability - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Slope stability - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Slope stability investigation, analysis (including modeling), and design mitigation is typically completed by geologists , engineering geologists ...

F8: Facebook Promises Platform Stability, And Here’s How It Plans To Deliver It
... in San Francisco Wednesday by promising to make the Facebook platform more stable for developers and applications, including a two-year stability ...

Facebook Improving Chat Stability, Asking Users to Upgrade from IE6 by September 15
... sharing exact usage numbers). But the main news is this: Chat has been getting some technical upgrades intended to resolve long-standing stability ...

Step 15: 2012 Jeep Wrangler JK stability control / traction control / ESP kill switch installation ...
Here's my switch, connected to long wires, because I want to wire this all the way up to the dash. I like this type of clicky, utilitarian switch ...

Naftali Bennett's stability initiative - Doing what's good for Israel - YouTube
Naftali Bennett's stability initiative - Doing what's good for Israel

43% Confident In Stability of U.S. Banking Industry
Confidence in the stability of the U.S. banking system has fallen to its lowest level in over a year of monthly tracking. A new Rasmussen Reports ...

The old medicine: Henry Kissinger’s prescription for global stability
Kissinger’s latest work proposes a return to the balance-of-power system that produced relative peace in Europe in the 19th century – an idea ...

Myanmar election success depends on stability, says Aung San Suu Kyi
Myanmar's opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi says the country would need to be stable for an election due in November to be successful.

MLC: School council 'working on stability' after controversy over staff departures
The school council of a Sydney private girls' school says it is &quot;actively working on stability for 2016 and beyond&quot; following controversy ...

China seeks to sustain RMB stability against basket of currencies amid U.S. rate hike cycle
China seeks to sustain RMB stability against basket of currencies amid U.S. rate hike cycle