64 bit cpu // 64 bit Os version // 64 bit powerbuilder?

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit?

Kind regards

0
Gunther

A 64-bit version of PB does not (yet) exist.

--
HTH

Arnoud
Also check out my PB Reference site : http://www.pbinfo.be

"Gunther Huygens" <ghuygens@be.xrt.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
>
> Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit?
>
> Kind regards

0
Arnoud
4/23/2003 2:40:22 PM
Since there are no OS Windows 64 bits, i wonder how it could be possible.

Since there is a 64 bits version of ASE, i have no doubt that Sybase will
release a 64 bit version of PB.
But Sybase cannot do the Job before Intel and Microsoft.

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:23:04 +0200,

--
Olivier Citeau from Paris, France
Olivier

********************
Cesar Vergara
MediaWare SAC
********************
"Gunther Huygens" <ghuygens@be.xrt.com> escribi� en el mensaje
> Hi guys,
>
> Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit?
>
> Kind regards

0
Cesar
4/23/2003 8:05:49 PM
the reason I asked was because the opteron's are out (64 bit amd cpu's that
run 32 bit exec as well)
So 64 bit software should be in beta stage asap

Kind regards,

"Cesar Vergara" <mediaware@terra.com.pe> wrote in message
> Nope, it's sorry. I know the ASE 64bit version, but it's for unix. Since
PB
> doesn�t run on UNIX there is no 64bit version. Maybe when Intel begin
> selling it's Pentium 5 64bits we can see that desired version.
>

> ********************
> Cesar Vergara
> MediaWare SAC
> ********************
> "Gunther Huygens" <ghuygens@be.xrt.com> escribi� en el mensaje
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit?
> >
> > Kind regards

0
Gunther
4/24/2003 7:53:47 AM
But, 64-bit client software or 64-bit server software? Until the
market produces some mass in 64-bit clients, my guess is that you
won't be seeing full 64-bit PowerBuilder. Like Linux, I'd expect to
see a PB-less EAServer first. If that has some traction in the market,
they'll probably look at the cost vs. potential market for a PB VM on
EAServer, like the current support for UNIX PB VMs.

Of course, my guesses and $2 will buy you a latte. A small one.
Thimble-sized. You'll probably have to pay extra for foam. <BG>

Good luck,

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:53:47 +0200, "Gunther Huygens"
<ghuygens@be.xrt.com> wrote:

>the reason I asked was because the opteron's are out (64 bit amd cpu's that
>run 32 bit exec as well)
>So 64 bit software should be in beta stage asap
>
>Kind regards,

>"Cesar Vergara" <mediaware@terra.com.pe> wrote in message
>> Nope, it's sorry. I know the ASE 64bit version, but it's for unix. Since
>PB
>> doesn�t run on UNIX there is no 64bit version. Maybe when Intel begin
>> selling it's Pentium 5 64bits we can see that desired version.
>>

>> ********************
>> Cesar Vergara
>> MediaWare SAC
>> ********************
>> "Gunther Huygens" <ghuygens@be.xrt.com> escribi� en el mensaje
>> > Hi guys,
>> >
>> > Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit?

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0