16-bit PBD's V 32-bit PBD's - is there a difference?

Does anybody know if there's any difference between 16-bit and 32-bit
PBD files? Obviously the .exe files will be different between a 16-bit
and 32-bit compile, but I'm curious about the PBD's.

When I tested it they seemed to be interchangeable, but I seem to recall
reading somewhere that it's not a good idea to mix 'n match them.

I'm reluctant to clutter up my installation disks with two sets of PBD
files if only one is needed!

Charles Butcher
0
Strategic
1/29/1998 1:19:38 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 18 followers. Follow

7 Replies
636 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 21

Since PBDs are interpreted at run time, you can use the same PBD in a
16-bit or a 32-bit applications (external function calls excluded of
course). 

Regards,
Dave Fish [Team PS]
Application Design Specialists
Sydney, Australia

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 17:19:38 -0800, Strategic Software Australia
<ssoft@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>Does anybody know if there's any difference between 16-bit and 32-bit
>PBD files? Obviously the .exe files will be different between a 16-bit
>and 32-bit compile, but I'm curious about the PBD's.
>
>When I tested it they seemed to be interchangeable, but I seem to recall
>reading somewhere that it's not a good idea to mix 'n match them.
>
>I'm reluctant to clutter up my installation disks with two sets of PBD
>files if only one is needed!
>
>Charles Butcher

0
dfish
1/28/1998 10:33:52 AM
On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 10:33:52 GMT,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
Dave Fish [Team PS] <dfish@bigpond.com> wrote: 
>Since PBDs are interpreted at run time, you can use the same PBD in a
>16-bit or a 32-bit applications (external function calls excluded of
>course). 
>
FWIW,
Not only are PBDs compatible on 16 and 32 bit they are also 
compatible across platforms, i.e. a PBD created on NT is compatible 
with Mac and Unix. 


>Regards,
>Dave Fish [Team PS]
>Application Design Specialists
>Sydney, Australia
>
>On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 17:19:38 -0800, Strategic Software Australia
><ssoft@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
>>Does anybody know if there's any difference between 16-bit and 32-bit
>>PBD files? Obviously the .exe files will be different between a 16-bit
>>and 32-bit compile, but I'm curious about the PBD's.
>>
>>When I tested it they seemed to be interchangeable, but I seem to recall
>>reading somewhere that it's not a good idea to mix 'n match them.
>>
>>I'm reluctant to clutter up my installation disks with two sets of PBD
>>files if only one is needed!
>>
>>Charles Butcher
>

Jon Credit [TeamPS]
CLM Concepts, LLC
JCredit@Sprynet.com
0
Jon
1/28/1998 12:25:10 PM
I came across a problem when using OCX. The application would load 16
or 32 bit OCX depending on environment. The 32 bit PBD can load a 32
bit OCX but not a 16 bit OCX. But the 16 bit PBD can load either OCX
depending on operating environment.

Regards
Hong

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 10:33:52 GMT, dfish@bigpond.com (Dave Fish [Team
PS]) wrote:

>Since PBDs are interpreted at run time, you can use the same PBD in a
>16-bit or a 32-bit applications (external function calls excluded of
>course). 
>
>Regards,
>Dave Fish [Team PS]
>Application Design Specialists
>Sydney, Australia
>
>On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 17:19:38 -0800, Strategic Software Australia
><ssoft@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
>>Does anybody know if there's any difference between 16-bit and 32-bit
>>PBD files? Obviously the .exe files will be different between a 16-bit
>>and 32-bit compile, but I'm curious about the PBD's.
>>
>>When I tested it they seemed to be interchangeable, but I seem to recall
>>reading somewhere that it's not a good idea to mix 'n match them.
>>
>>I'm reluctant to clutter up my installation disks with two sets of PBD
>>files if only one is needed!
>>
>>Charles Butcher
>

0
kuan
2/10/1998 8:50:59 AM
Hi,

PBDs are not 16 or 32bit. They are just binary files. The reason you can't
load an 32bit OCX from the 16bit PBD is because the PB EXE is 16bit, not the
PBD.

--
- Met vriendelijke groet,
  Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj

KH Kuan wrote in message <34e01231.8265572@forums.powersoft.com>...
>I came across a problem when using OCX. The application would load 16
>or 32 bit OCX depending on environment. The 32 bit PBD can load a 32
>bit OCX but not a 16 bit OCX. But the 16 bit PBD can load either OCX
>depending on operating environment.
>
>Regards
>Hong
>
>On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 10:33:52 GMT, dfish@bigpond.com (Dave Fish [Team
>PS]) wrote:
>
>>Since PBDs are interpreted at run time, you can use the same PBD in a
>>16-bit or a 32-bit applications (external function calls excluded of
>>course).
>>
>>Regards,
>>Dave Fish [Team PS]
>>Application Design Specialists
>>Sydney, Australia
>>
>>On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 17:19:38 -0800, Strategic Software Australia
>><ssoft@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>>Does anybody know if there's any difference between 16-bit and 32-bit
>>>PBD files? Obviously the .exe files will be different between a 16-bit
>>>and 32-bit compile, but I'm curious about the PBD's.
>>>
>>>When I tested it they seemed to be interchangeable, but I seem to recall
>>>reading somewhere that it's not a good idea to mix 'n match them.
>>>
>>>I'm reluctant to clutter up my installation disks with two sets of PBD
>>>files if only one is needed!
>>>
>>>Charles Butcher
>>
>


begin 666 Eric J Aling.vcf
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"#0H`
`
end

0
Eric
2/13/1998 11:21:45 AM
Eric

You misunderstood me. We are supporting 16 & 32 bit env. for our
application. So, we have a 16 bit EXE (built with 16 bit PB) and a 32
bit EXE (built with 32 bit PB). Both shares the same PBDs. The
application includes spell check support via an OCX. We use the
technique similar to PFC's platform service to load the proper version
of OCX depending on environment. This code is deployed in a PBD. 

In my previous message, I was trying to say that, our deployed 16 bit
application failed to load the 16 bit OCX when the PDBs were built
using 32 bit PB. When we re-created the PBD using 16 bit PB, all's
well. The 16/32 bit application ran fine.

It was my first time using OCXes. So, I might have done something
wrong when creating the ole object. How are others supporting 16/32
bit OCXes in one application?

Regards
Hong

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998 12:21:45 +0100, "Eric Aling [TeamPS]"
<e.aling@cypres.nl> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>PBDs are not 16 or 32bit. They are just binary files. The reason you can't
>load an 32bit OCX from the 16bit PBD is because the PB EXE is 16bit, not the
>PBD.
>
>--
>- Met vriendelijke groet,
>  Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
>  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj
>
>KH Kuan wrote in message <34e01231.8265572@forums.powersoft.com>...
>>I came across a problem when using OCX. The application would load 16
>>or 32 bit OCX depending on environment. The 32 bit PBD can load a 32
>>bit OCX but not a 16 bit OCX. But the 16 bit PBD can load either OCX
>>depending on operating environment.
>>
>>Regards
>>Hong
>>
>>On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 10:33:52 GMT, dfish@bigpond.com (Dave Fish [Team
>>PS]) wrote:
>>
>>>Since PBDs are interpreted at run time, you can use the same PBD in a
>>>16-bit or a 32-bit applications (external function calls excluded of
>>>course).
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>Dave Fish [Team PS]
>>>Application Design Specialists
>>>Sydney, Australia
>>>
>>>On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 17:19:38 -0800, Strategic Software Australia
>>><ssoft@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>>
>>>>Does anybody know if there's any difference between 16-bit and 32-bit
>>>>PBD files? Obviously the .exe files will be different between a 16-bit
>>>>and 32-bit compile, but I'm curious about the PBD's.
>>>>
>>>>When I tested it they seemed to be interchangeable, but I seem to recall
>>>>reading somewhere that it's not a good idea to mix 'n match them.
>>>>
>>>>I'm reluctant to clutter up my installation disks with two sets of PBD
>>>>files if only one is needed!
>>>>
>>>>Charles Butcher
>>>
>>
>
>
>begin 666 Eric J Aling.vcf
>M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"DXZ06QI;F<[17)I8SM*#0I&3CI%<FEC($H@06QI;F<-
>M"D]21SI#>7!R97,@26YF;W)M871I<V5R:6YG.T=E;F5R86P@4V5R=FEC97,-
>M"E1)5$Q%.E1E8VAN:6-A;"!#;VYS=6QT86YT#0I414P[5T]22SM63TE#13HK
>M,S$H,"DS,#8P,C4T,# -"E1%3#M(3TU%.U9/24-%.BLS,2@P*3,T,S4W.30Y
>M,#D-"E1%3#M73U)+.T9!6#HK,S$H,"DS,#8P-3 W.3D-"D%$4CM73U)+.CL[
>M2W)I:G1W86P@-SM.:65U=V5G96EN.U54.S,T,S(@6E0[5&AE($YE=&AE<FQA
>M;F1S#0I,04)%3#M73U)+.T5.0T]$24Y'/5%53U1%1"U04DE.5$%"3$4Z2W)I
>M:G1W86P@-STP1#TP04YI975W96=E:6XL(%54(#,T,S(@6E0],$0],$%4:&4@
>M3F5T:&5R;&%N9',-"D%$4CM(3TU%.CL[06US=&5L(#$Y.U=I:FL@0FEJ($1U
>M=7)S=&5D93M55#LS.38Q($A'.U1H92!.971H97)L86YD<PT*3$%"14P[2$]-
>M13M%3D-/1$E.1SU154]4140M4%))3E1!0DQ%.D%M<W1E;" Q.3TP1#TP05=I
>M:FL@0FEJ($1U=7)S=&5D92P@550@,SDV,2!(1STP1#TP051H92!.971H97)L
>M86YD<PT*55),.FAT=' Z+R]O=7)W;W)L9"YC;VUP=7-E<G9E+F-O;2]H;VUE
>M<&%G97,O86QI;F=E:FH-"E523#IH='1P.B\O=W=W+F-Y<')E<RYN; T*14U!
>M24P[4%)%1CM)3E1%4DY%5#IE+F%L:6YG0&-Y<')E<RYN; T*14Y$.E9#05)$
>"#0H`
>`
>end
>

0
kuan
2/15/1998 8:05:23 AM
Hi Hong,

Well, that's strange and it should not happen. Could it be possible that
your libarry search path is different between the 2 environments?

--
- Met vriendelijke groet,
  Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj

KH Kuan wrote in message <34e6a188.4609389@forums.powersoft.com>...
>Eric
>
>You misunderstood me. We are supporting 16 & 32 bit env. for our
>application. So, we have a 16 bit EXE (built with 16 bit PB) and a 32
>bit EXE (built with 32 bit PB). Both shares the same PBDs. The
>application includes spell check support via an OCX. We use the
>technique similar to PFC's platform service to load the proper version
>of OCX depending on environment. This code is deployed in a PBD.
>
>In my previous message, I was trying to say that, our deployed 16 bit
>application failed to load the 16 bit OCX when the PDBs were built
>using 32 bit PB. When we re-created the PBD using 16 bit PB, all's
>well. The 16/32 bit application ran fine.
>
>It was my first time using OCXes. So, I might have done something
>wrong when creating the ole object. How are others supporting 16/32
>bit OCXes in one application?
>
>Regards
>Hong
>
>On Fri, 13 Feb 1998 12:21:45 +0100, "Eric Aling [TeamPS]"
><e.aling@cypres.nl> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>PBDs are not 16 or 32bit. They are just binary files. The reason you can't
>>load an 32bit OCX from the 16bit PBD is because the PB EXE is 16bit, not
the
>>PBD.
>>
>>--
>>- Met vriendelijke groet,
>>  Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
>>  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj
>>
>>KH Kuan wrote in message <34e01231.8265572@forums.powersoft.com>...
>>>I came across a problem when using OCX. The application would load 16
>>>or 32 bit OCX depending on environment. The 32 bit PBD can load a 32
>>>bit OCX but not a 16 bit OCX. But the 16 bit PBD can load either OCX
>>>depending on operating environment.
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>Hong
>>>
>>>On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 10:33:52 GMT, dfish@bigpond.com (Dave Fish [Team
>>>PS]) wrote:
>>>
>>>>Since PBDs are interpreted at run time, you can use the same PBD in a
>>>>16-bit or a 32-bit applications (external function calls excluded of
>>>>course).
>>>>
>>>>Regards,
>>>>Dave Fish [Team PS]
>>>>Application Design Specialists
>>>>Sydney, Australia
>>>>
>>>>On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 17:19:38 -0800, Strategic Software Australia
>>>><ssoft@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>Does anybody know if there's any difference between 16-bit and 32-bit
>>>>>PBD files? Obviously the .exe files will be different between a 16-bit
>>>>>and 32-bit compile, but I'm curious about the PBD's.
>>>>>
>>>>>When I tested it they seemed to be interchangeable, but I seem to
recall
>>>>>reading somewhere that it's not a good idea to mix 'n match them.
>>>>>
>>>>>I'm reluctant to clutter up my installation disks with two sets of PBD
>>>>>files if only one is needed!
>>>>>
>>>>>Charles Butcher
>>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>begin 666 Eric J Aling.vcf
>>M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"DXZ06QI;F<[17)I8SM*#0I&3CI%<FEC($H@06QI;F<-
>>M"D]21SI#>7!R97,@26YF;W)M871I<V5R:6YG.T=E;F5R86P@4V5R=FEC97,-
>>M"E1)5$Q%.E1E8VAN:6-A;"!#;VYS=6QT86YT#0I414P[5T]22SM63TE#13HK
>>M,S$H,"DS,#8P,C4T,# -"E1%3#M(3TU%.U9/24-%.BLS,2@P*3,T,S4W.30Y
>>M,#D-"E1%3#M73U)+.T9!6#HK,S$H,"DS,#8P-3 W.3D-"D%$4CM73U)+.CL[
>>M2W)I:G1W86P@-SM.:65U=V5G96EN.U54.S,T,S(@6E0[5&AE($YE=&AE<FQA
>>M;F1S#0I,04)%3#M73U)+.T5.0T]$24Y'/5%53U1%1"U04DE.5$%"3$4Z2W)I
>>M:G1W86P@-STP1#TP04YI975W96=E:6XL(%54(#,T,S(@6E0],$0],$%4:&4@
>>M3F5T:&5R;&%N9',-"D%$4CM(3TU%.CL[06US=&5L(#$Y.U=I:FL@0FEJ($1U
>>M=7)S=&5D93M55#LS.38Q($A'.U1H92!.971H97)L86YD<PT*3$%"14P[2$]-
>>M13M%3D-/1$E.1SU154]4140M4%))3E1!0DQ%.D%M<W1E;" Q.3TP1#TP05=I
>>M:FL@0FEJ($1U=7)S=&5D92P@550@,SDV,2!(1STP1#TP051H92!.971H97)L
>>M86YD<PT*55),.FAT=' Z+R]O=7)W;W)L9"YC;VUP=7-E<G9E+F-O;2]H;VUE
>>M<&%G97,O86QI;F=E:FH-"E523#IH='1P.B\O=W=W+F-Y<')E<RYN; T*14U!
>>M24P[4%)%1CM)3E1%4DY%5#IE+F%L:6YG0&-Y<')E<RYN; T*14Y$.E9#05)$
>>"#0H`
>>`
>>end
>>
>


begin 666 Eric J Aling.vcf
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"#0H`
`
end

0
Eric
2/15/1998 6:38:29 PM
I'm glad someone mentioned this OCX issue because I think that's what
was niggling away in the back of my mind when I made my original post
about this.

I'm using sharing PBD's between 16 and 32-bit versions of my current
project quite happily, but I knew I'd come across a problem when I
tried it in the past - and on that occasion I was using OCX's!

Charles Butcher
0
Strategic
2/24/1998 7:39:20 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Is it possible to create .pbd's in different directory than .pbl's
For deployment reasons, I would prefer to create my .pbd files in a directory different than the one that contains the source .pbl files. Maybe I am overlooking something, but I cannot find a way to do this. Regards No. It has been requested several times, though; maybe Sybase will add this feature in a later version. You might take a look at PowerGen from ECrane (www.ecrane.com). I don't know if it offers this feature, but the tool is made specifically for compiling PowerBuilder applications. If anything offers this, PowerGen will. -- Jason 'Bug' Fenter Best ...

PBD's OR DLL's
I have written an application and currently deploy this with an .exe and several pbd's. What is the difference between checking PBD in the application painter? -- Regards, John If you don't check the "PBD" option in the painter, then all referenced objects in that PBL get compiled into the .EXE file. This causes problems for dynamically referenced objects (many datawindows) unless you're very careful about your .PSR files. If you compile to PBD, then all of the objects in the PBL are there. Other than that, AFAIK, it's just a preference on...

can pfc pbd's be shared by different exe's on a common directory
Hi all, We have many exe's and we want to put them on seperate directories.The problem is that we dont want to duplicate the same pfc pbd s for each one. So can we put the same pfc pbd's on a "common directory" so that every exe can use them. thanks... I am not sure i this works. Put all the PFC PBD's in a common folder. Add a value under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths key in the registry with name for each of ur EXE. NEW Yes, that works. You add the PATH keyword under the registry key that was specif...

How can I use 16 bits Dll's in a 32 bits Aplication?
I'm making a aplication in powerBuilder 6.0. (32-bits) that have to use 16-bits dll's.How can I use 16 bits Dll's in a 32 bits Aplication? Do you mean that you want to deploy it as a 16 bit app? When building the exe specify the executable format as 16-bit. HTH Jiggy _________________________________________________________________________ eMail:jiggys@usa.net Web: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Horizon/3837/ Rui Dias wrote: > I'm making a aplication in powerBuilder 6.0. (32-bits) that have to use > 16-bits dll's.How can I use 16 bits Dll...

creating PBD's of PBL's
Hi, I have been trying to create EXE and PBD's of my application in PB5.0. The EXE is getting created (which surprisingly is taking more than 3 hours for a small application of 7MB) but instead of PBD's getting created , the DLL's of PBL's are getting created. The help in the above matter would be highly appreciated. Thanking you in advance. Regards, G.Paras Hi, Uncheck the option "Machine code" in your project. Regards, Fred PARAS N GHEEWALA a �crit dans le message ... >Hi, >I have been trying to create EXE and PBD's of my applicatio...

What's The Trick -> 16-bit ODBC MSQuery to 32-bit ASA7 Connections?
I create the 32-bit ODBC entry and click Test COnnection and it works within the 32-bit ODBC admin program. Also, with 32-bit Crystal Reports it works great. When I try to connect with 16-bit MSQuery I get an error stating "unable to establish requested communications links." So, what's the trick? MM Windows 9x and ME OS's do not support creating threads in a 32-bit DLL thunked to from a 16-bit app. All communication links except Shared Memory (the local link) require threads to be created, so they cannot be supported from a 16-bit app from these OS...

DLL's vs PBD's
Hi everyone, We currently use dll's in our application deployments... would anyone have any idea where I can find some definitive reference material on pbd vs. dll rollouts? I am under the impression that pbd's are better but need supporting material. Thanks for any help. If you search this NG at groups.google.com you will find the topic has been beaten to death. Short version: DLLs take twice as long to compile, are twice as big, are more prone to inconsistent behavior, and only provide noticeable speed improvement if you are doing lots of PowerScript, for instance st...

PBD's and DLL's Together?
Can I compile a PB application into DLL's and have it direct call an object in another PB application compiled into PBD's? I'm sure you're trying to figure out why. I have a really math intensive application that works well and gives me the answers I expect when compiled into PBD's. However, when I compile it into DLL's, it changes the results. I can call the DLL function from a Java front end but I can't call the PBD. If I can write a Java front end to call a PB DLL which then calls a PB PBD, I should be able to get around my transport.listen() woe...

multiple SMTP's and different IP's, domain names to send email from this server using different SMTP's
Is anybody can help me with this 2 issues we have: 1. We need to have multiple SMTP's installed on our server - how do you do that 2. We need to rotate different IP's, domain names to send email from this server using different SMTP's          Thanks   Third party mail server.  Look at Smartermail or iMail, Exchange if you need that much. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Is this only option? &n...

Replace 1's and 0's in a gridview column with Yes's and No's
Is it possible to change the display of a column in a gridview to show a Yes for all 1's and a No for 0's that display in a particular column of a gridview bound to a database?  If so, can someone share the way with me?  I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with VB Code Behind.  Thanks One way you can do is thrrough  CASE in your select statement: Select YesNoColumn= CASE yourColumn WHEN 1 THEN 'Yes' WHEN 0 THEN 'No' ELSE '' END FROM YourtableLimno <Columns>     <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="yourHeader" SortExpression="yourDataField"> ...

It's Linux !? No, it's BSD ! No, no, it's...
kFreeBSD http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! ObiWan wrote: > kFreeBSD > > http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD > > a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! Why use a BSD kernel? I hope the reason is more than, just because they can. http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_why It's easy to understand why the would want to use Debian packages. :) -- Jimmy Johnson Registered Linux User #380263 >> kFreeBSD >> >> http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD >> ...

Project painter not creating exe's or pbd's
I am using PB 11.2 Build 8407. My project painter has simply stopped creating executables or PBD files.After the 'Building' and the 'Regenerating' there is no 'Writing'.. the build just stops. I now submit the build output (notice after the 'Inspecting application libraries, it just stops! Any ideas? : ---------- Deploy: Deploy of p_pipelines_exe (8:28:15 AM) Creating executable file . . . Inspecting Application Dependencies... Building type C:\SQL_Server_Conversion\Pipelines\pipelines.pbl(d_sqlserver_tcarr.srd)... Building type C:\SQL_Server_Conv...

RuntimeWarning: couldn't determine platform's TOTAL_PHYMEM warnings.warn("couldn't determine platform's TOTAL_PHYMEM", RuntimeWarning) while run ./mach build for Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit os
Hello I android developer i just work to build Firefox android build by Ste= p given in This Site : https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Fennec/Android#Explained Now let me give my system Info : Ubuntu 12.04 64 Bit OS=20 4 GB RAM Processor :Intel(R) Core(tm) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz =D7 4 I follow below step and which work fine with out any Error : sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get build-dep firefox sudo apt-get install ant wget http://dl.google.com/android/ndk/android-ndk-r8e-linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 tar -xjf android-ndk-r8e-linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 wget http://dl.google.com/android/adt/a...

Pros & Cons of Dll's Vs PBD's
What are the Pros & Cons of Dll's Vs PBD's Thanks. Adrian PBD's work and DLL's don't. "Adrian Galv�n Quintanilla" <galvan@audisys.com> wrote in message news:8yCr5HK5BHA.214@forums.sybase.com... > What are the Pros & Cons of Dll's Vs PBD's > > Thanks. > Adrian > > > > Most of the work in PB is already done in DLLs: PBVMxx.dll, PBDWExx.dll in particular. The only functionality that is speeded up is the execution of PowerScript, and the difference won't be noticeable unless you are do...

Web resources about - 16-bit PBD's V 32-bit PBD's - is there a difference? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Difference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the ...

3Q EARNINGS: Mark Zuckerberg on the Differences Between Messenger and WhatsApp
When Facebook announced its intent to acquire cross-platform messaging application WhatsApp in February, questions surfaced on whether WhatsApp ...

Facebook Tips: What’s the Difference between Top News and Most Recent?
The following is part of our series, Facebook Tips, which answers some of the most commonly asked questions about using Facebook. While we hope ...

Can You Spot the Difference?
The shamelessness on the part of Lenovo is almost breathtaking. Update: And then there’s Samsung’s new TV interface : white frosted translucent ...

Sole difference in tourism stakes
A GIANT blue stiletto heel dubbed Taiwan’s “shoe church” is bringing a touch of oversized glamour to the island’s southern coast.

Kurt Vile review: Line between fanatic and laconic the difference between a good and great show
Kurt Vile's blissfully laid-back recorded output doesn't quite gel with his live band, the Violators. They seem to always be pulling Vile back ...

Not a dime's worth of difference? by @BloggersRUs
Not a dime's worth of difference? by Tom Sullivan A couple of articles bring to mind the "lesser of two evils" argument one often hears on ...

Is There Much Difference, Policy-Wise, Between Cruz, Rubio, Herr Trumpf And Ryan?
... Cruz or Rubio gets into the White House, we are in deep, deep trouble. Time to redouble our efforts for the one candidate who can make a difference ...

Sanders on differences with Clinton highlighted in campaign ad - Videos - CBS News
Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders joins “CBS This Morning” from Burlington, Vermont, to discuss his latest campaign ad that explains ...

In year one, Rauner learned difference between statehouse and boardroom
One year after Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner took over as Illinois' chief executive, the private equity investor and rookie politician who pledged ...

Resources last updated: 1/20/2016 1:00:59 AM