.Net(c# - DLL) integration in PowerBuilder 11.1.

Hi,
We have client-server application which is running in PB
11.1. We want to invoke some methods in .Net assembly DLL
which was developed in c# by passing some arguments to get
some values return back. To include the .Net assembly we
need have a target as .net windows form or .net assembly
etc. I have selected .Net windows form to include the .Net
assembly DLL to call & selected "Use an existing library and
application object" option in the target creation.
Here my problem is that when we create an application
(creating project) for an existing application, it will try
to deploy as .net windows forms application since I have
selected .Net window form target.
1) Is it possible that can we create an "application" from
project wizard instead of deploy as .Net windows form
application for the existing application after including the
.Net windows form target?
2) How can we call .Net assembly DLL in PowerBuilder 11.1
which was developed in C#?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Regards,
K.K.Ganesh Kumar

This may be a good start for you:

http://video.sybase.com/PowerBuilder11/NET_Interop/interop.htm

On 28 Mar 2008 02:42:19 -0800, K.K.Ganesh Kumar wrote:

>Hi,
>We have client-server application which is running in PB
>11.1. We want to invoke some methods in .Net assembly DLL
>which was developed in c# by passing some arguments to get
>some values return back. To include the .Net assembly we
>need have a target as .net windows form or .net assembly
>etc. I have selected .Net windows form to include the .Net
>assembly DLL to call & selected "Use an existing library and
>application object" option in the target creation.
>Here my problem is that when we create an application
>(creating project) for an existing application, it will try
>to deploy as .net windows forms application since I have
>selected .Net window form target.
>1) Is it possible that can we create an "application" from
>project wizard instead of deploy as .Net windows form
>application for the existing application after including the
>Net windows form target?
>2) How can we call .Net assembly DLL in PowerBuilder 11.1
>which was developed in C#?
>
>Any help will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks in Advance
>Regards,
>K.K.Ganesh Kumar
0
Jim

---=_forums-1-dub47f0cfff

Hi,

I understand that from interop we can call .net DLL in PB11
& I can able to call and invoke the methods in that DLL, but
after creating a new windows forms target to invoke the DLL
in existing application by using existing application option
and when I deploy our existing application (it should deploy
as .net win forms cannot crate as an normal application),
encountered with the error
"C0064: Invalid ~ octal character sequence in string." -
Attached error file also.

I have checked the code, in that we are specifying the '~'
charter for providing '~n' and '~t' for new line and tab.

How can I overcome this error?

Thanks.
K.K.Ganesh Kumar

> This may be a good start for you:

http://video.sybase.com/PowerBuilder11/NET_Interop/interop.htm

> On 28 Mar 2008 02:42:19 -0800, K.K.Ganesh Kumar wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >We have client-server application which is running in PB
> >11.1. We want to invoke some methods in .Net assembly DLL
> >which was developed in c# by passing some arguments to
> get >some values return back. To include the .Net assembly
> we >need have a target as .net windows form or .net
> assembly >etc. I have selected .Net windows form to
> include the .Net >assembly DLL to call & selected "Use an
> existing library and >application object" option in the
> target creation. >Here my problem is that when we create
> an application >(creating project) for an existing
> application, it will try >to deploy as .net windows forms
> application since I have >selected .Net window form
> target. >1) Is it possible that can we create an
> "application" from >project wizard instead of deploy as
> Net windows form >application for the existing application
> after including the >Net windows form target?
> >2) How can we call .Net assembly DLL in PowerBuilder 11.1
> >which was developed in C#?
> >
> >Any help will be appreciated.
> >
> >Thanks in Advance
> >Regards,
> >K.K.Ganesh Kumar

---=_forums-1-dub47f0cfff
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---=_forums-1-dub47f0cfff--

Continue to below error, I have created simple sample
application , from there invoke the one method in simple DLL
after creating the .Net windows form. When I try to depoly
the application it went fine and succesfully completed the
deployment. So below mentioed error("C0064: Invalid ~ octal
character sequence in string.)is NO way realted to .Net
windows form. Then why its giving above mentioned error when
I depoly our existing application.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks.
Regards,
K.K.Ganesh Kumar

> Hi,
>
> I understand that from interop we can call .net DLL in
> PB11 & I can able to call and invoke the methods in that
> DLL, but after creating a new windows forms target to
> invoke the DLL in existing application by using existing
> application option and when I deploy our existing
> application (it should deploy as .net win forms cannot
> crate as an normal application), encountered with the
> error "C0064: Invalid ~ octal character sequence in
> string." - Attached error file also.
>
> I have checked the code, in that we are specifying the '~'
> charter for providing '~n' and '~t' for new line and tab.
>
> How can I overcome this error?
>
> Thanks.
> K.K.Ganesh Kumar
>

> > This may be a good start for you:

http://video.sybase.com/PowerBuilder11/NET_Interop/interop.htm

> > On 28 Mar 2008 02:42:19 -0800, K.K.Ganesh Kumar wrote:
> >
> > >Hi,
> > >We have client-server application which is running in
> > PB >11.1. We want to invoke some methods in .Net
> > assembly DLL >which was developed in c# by passing some
> > arguments to get >some values return back. To include
> > the .Net assembly we >need have a target as .net windows
> > form or .net assembly >etc. I have selected .Net windows
> > form to include the .Net >assembly DLL to call &
> > selected "Use an existing library and >application
> > object" option in the target creation. >Here my problem
> > is that when we create an application >(creating
> > project) for an existing application, it will try >to
> > deploy as .net windows forms application since I have
> > >selected .Net window form target. >1) Is it possible
> > that can we create an "application" from >project wizard
> > instead of deploy as Net windows form >application for
> > the existing application after including the >Net
> > windows form target? >2) How can we call .Net assembly
> > DLL in PowerBuilder 11.1 >which was developed in C#?
> > >
> > >Any help will be appreciated.
> > >
> > >Thanks in Advance
> > >Regards,
> > >K.K.Ganesh Kumar
>

> [Error.txt]
>  dmtrr_ie4
You might want to post this in the winform section.
(sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.winform)

<K.K.Ganesh Kumar> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Continue to below error, I have created simple sample
> application , from there invoke the one method in simple DLL
> after creating the .Net windows form. When I try to depoly
> the application it went fine and succesfully completed the
> deployment. So below mentioed error("C0064: Invalid ~ octal
> character sequence in string.)is NO way realted to .Net
> windows form. Then why its giving above mentioned error when
> I depoly our existing application.
>
> Any Thoughts?
>
> Thanks.
> Regards,
> K.K.Ganesh Kumar
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I understand that from interop we can call .net DLL in
>> PB11 & I can able to call and invoke the methods in that
>> DLL, but after creating a new windows forms target to
>> invoke the DLL in existing application by using existing
>> application option and when I deploy our existing
>> application (it should deploy as .net win forms cannot
>> crate as an normal application), encountered with the
>> error "C0064: Invalid ~ octal character sequence in
>> string." - Attached error file also.
>>
>> I have checked the code, in that we are specifying the '~'
>> charter for providing '~n' and '~t' for new line and tab.
>>
>> How can I overcome this error?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> K.K.Ganesh Kumar
>>

>> > This may be a good start for you:
>> >

> http://video.sybase.com/PowerBuilder11/NET_Interop/interop.htm

>> > PB >11.1. We want to invoke some methods in .Net
>> > assembly DLL >which was developed in c# by passing some
>> > arguments to get >some values return back. To include
>> > the .Net assembly we >need have a target as .net windows
>> > form or .net assembly >etc. I have selected .Net windows
>> > form to include the .Net >assembly DLL to call &
>> > selected "Use an existing library and >application
>> > object" option in the target creation. >Here my problem
>> > is that when we create an application >(creating
>> > project) for an existing application, it will try >to
>> > deploy as .net windows forms application since I have
>> > that can we create an "application" from >project wizard
>> > instead of deploy as Net windows form >application for
>> > the existing application after including the >Net
>> > windows form target? >2) How can we call .Net assembly
>> > DLL in PowerBuilder 11.1 >which was developed in C#?

>> [Error.txt]
>>  dmtrr_ie4

Bruce

Plans for PowerBuilder 11.1 and 11.1.1
I want to announce that we are planning an 11.1 release for November of this year and the new features will be Incremental compile for .NET targets, Informix 10 support, and completion of our QA testing on Vista Then in February of 2008 we plan to release 11.1.1 that adds AJAX Support for Web Forms applications (to minimize postbacks), EAServer ..NET Client support, RAD controls for Web Form applications, to replace the IE Web Controls. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase Good grief ! Informix 10 finally !!! ... Now that version 11 is almost out there. Well That's good news. ...

PowerBuilder 11 and .NET: Callback function that passes foreign types to PowerBuilder
Hi I'm using a C# assembly to catch COM events (using IConnectionPoint etc) from a particular API. But instead of handling the events in .NET, I pass the information on back to PB so it simulates a type of callback. It seems to work, but I don't know for how long. This is the one the events that gets raised. The _notifyItemMethod is the name of the method on the PowerBuilder object. The _pbSession is obtained from the .Session property of the PowerBuilder object that I pass to the constructor of the event handler. public void NtfyItem(string oper, int flags, ...

Powerbuilder 11.1 using WebServices .net 3.5 Framework
Hi All, I've created a "Hello World" web service using Visual Studio 2008 with 3.5 .net Framework, tested the web service and it works fine. Deployed the web service to a IIS 5.0 Web server on Windows XP Pro; now I'm trying to generate the WebService proxy in PB 11.1. I've set the WSDL engine to ".Net", point to the IIS server for the ".asmx" file for the WSDL location. When I try to deploy the project, I keep getting the following error. "Cannot access the WSDL or the WSDL file is invalid. (file://bla bla bla) Is PB compatiable wi...

PowerBuilder 11.5.1 and SQL Anywhere 11
Hello, since we use SQL Anywhere 11 DB we have problems with our PB datawindows. We often use computed columns like '' TESTCol. Before SQL Anywhere 11 in the edit source of the datawindow the column was declared as char(0). But since version 11 the columns were declared as char(1)! PowerBuilder allows only one character when the column is only char(1). When the column is declared as char(0) you can write unlimited characters. Can anyone explain why? And how can we change that back to char(0) by default? Thanks. Ignore the dataset definition. I suspect your problem ...

SQL Anywhere 11 and PowerBuilder 11.5.1
Hello, since we use SQL Anywhere 11 DB we have problems with our PB datawindows. We often use computed columns like '' TESTCol. Before SQL Anywhere 11 in the edit source of the datawindow the column was declared as char(0). But since version 11 the columns were declared as char(1)! PowerBuilder allows only one character when the column is only char(1). When the column is declared as char(0) you can write unlimited characters. Can anyone explain why? And how can we change that back to char(0) by default? Thanks. ...

Powerbuilder 11 -> 11.1 migration for webforms
I have had a server running my webforms applications for a while now. I upgraded my development enviroment to 11.1. So i'm guessing I need to do the same thing to the runtime that is sitting on the server. Couple of questions. #1. Is there a step process to upgrade this server? #2. Do I have to rebuild all my webform applications Thanks Yes, you should install the updated runtime assemblies and unmanaged DLLs on your server. You can use the PowerBuilder Runtime packager to do that. When you are finished there should be 24 sybase.powerbuilder assemblies in the GAC. I r...

PowerBuilder 11.Net
All; FYI ... Looks like the latest release of PB 11 seems to finally work with PowerDesigner 12.x (12.1 in my case) instead of only PD 10.x. This should make Dave Dichmann happy <lol>! So for you adventuresome testers out there with PB 11 and PD 12.x, please try and make some QA time to test drive this new symbiotic relationship <bg>. If you do not have PB 11.Net but would like to join the PB 11.Net Beta program, please follow this link: http://response.sybase.com/forms/ITSG06MayPowerBuilder110Beta Regards .. Chris Thanks for the update!!! I kno...

Powerbuilder Stored Procs problem against 11.5.1 (and 11.9.2?)
When you want to use Powerbuilder development IDE against a database, you need to load some stored procedures and tables into the database so Powerbuilder can display primary keys, allow you to edit rows in a table, etc. The names are something like pbcatcol, pbcattbl, etc. They're in a SQL script on the Powerbuilder CD. These PB5.0 scripts compile fine against our ASE 11.0.2.2 server, but get syntax errors trying to compile against 11.5.1 (and I assume 11.9.2). The PB6.0 scripts compile fine against 11.5.1, but we use PB5.0 in-house as well. I was able to make them compile (...

End Of Life Notification for Open Client/C Dev. Kit 11.1.1 and Open Server 11.1.1
Subject: End Of Life Notification for Open Client/C Dev. Kit 11.1.1 and Open Server 11.1.1 November 13, 2001 Dear Valued Sybase Customer: This letter provides notification of an extension of a previously announced end of engineering support. The end of engineering support has been extended from December 31, 2001 to September 30, 2002 for the following versions of Sybase products. Product Version Platform End of Migration Path Engineering Support Open Client/C 11.1.1 ...

PowerBuilder 11.1 Edition
Could anyone please tell me what edition of PB11.1 I should purchase in order to migrate my applications from PB6.5? Standard, Professional, Evaluation, etc? Right now I have two applications, one is PB6.5 and another one is in PB9. Both of them were developed with Enterprise edition and need to migrate to PB11.1, I would appreciate if you could tell me which one I should buy. Thanks! Nancy >Could anyone please tell me what edition of PB11.1 I >should purchase in order to migrate my applications from >PB6.5? Enterprise, Standard, Professional, Evaluation, etc? Dep...

How PB 11.5.1 call C# .NET (VS2008 SP-1) function with array
Hi, I've created a C# .NET class with VS 2008 with a few functions. This function contains several arguments with string[] type. As I try to call it from PB, it crahses with this error message "Invalid parameter type calling external object function getalluserpasswordinfo at line 19 in Clicked event of object cb_all" Here's the .NET function prototype: =======>>>> this one does not work in PB <<<<<<<========= public int GetAllUserPasswordInfo(ref string errorMessage, ref string[] logonIDList, ref str...

PowerBuilder 11.1 and Internationalization
I am trying to confirm that we can internationlize our PB11.1 applications to Japanese and I am not having much luck. I converted several columns in one of my oracle tables from varchar2 to nvarchar2 and I cannot save the foreign characters to the database. When I paste '??????' to one of the columns, it appears just fine, but when it is save to the database I end up with a bunch of questions marks in the database, which of course show up the next time I do a retrieve. I was able to write '??????' to a MSSQL database using query analyzer, which would consistent...

Web resources about - .Net(c# - DLL) integration in PowerBuilder 11.1. - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles