"Transaction not connected" error trying to connect to an ODBC database via PB7 Com in MTS

Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL
Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error.

Seems like a rudimentary issue.

Any tutorials or white papers re PB7/MSSqlServer 6.5/MTS?

Any help apprecicated.

-bac

0
Robert

More details...

DTS IS running on SQL Server.

"Robert A. Chauvin" wrote:

> Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL
> Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error.
>
> Seems like a rudimentary issue.
>
> Any tutorials or white papers re PB7/MSSqlServer 6.5/MTS?
>
> Any help apprecicated.
>
> -bac

0
Robert
12/19/2000 7:04:01 PM
Heres what I did to make it work.

1) Make sure the datawindow(s) being referenced is listed in the .pbr
file for the project
    ie, comtest.pbl("d_datawindowname")
    *You could also place a check mark next to the .pbl name in the com
generator project, which will include all objects (overkill).

2) Use OLEDB type connection .vs. ODBC

3) Put the SQLCA transaction creation/connnection/destruction in the
method, instead of the constructor for the nvo.

I realize this is not exactly how things have to be, but it fixed the
problems I was having.

Still looking for a good guide...

-bac

"Robert A. Chauvin" wrote:

> Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL
> Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error.
>
> Seems like a rudimentary issue.
>
> Any tutorials or white papers re PB7/MSSqlServer 6.5/MTS?
>
> Any help apprecicated.
>
> -bac

0
Robert

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." error message
Hello Sybase User Experts, I like to find out the cause of this error message "Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." Do you have any idea about this? What is the cause and how to solve this problem?! Your answer or idea to this error message will be a great help to me. Thank you in advance. Regards, Beverly Beverly, First of all, what database server are you using? And how are you connecting to it? -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] <Beverly> wrote in message news:3f7932b1.1356....

upgrade error:"CONNECTIVITY ERROR:DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out."
PLEASE HELP OH WISE SYBASE GURUS! upgrading 11.9.2 to 12.0. unloaded software. rebooted server. selected "upgrade server" in Configure Sybase Servers window. typed in sa password. got "CONNECTIVITY ERROR: DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out." -- Chuck Boyce chuck_boyce@operamail.com http://www.geocities.com/chuck_boyce_jr/ Yahoo Messenger ID: chuck_boyce_jr http://messenger.yahoo.com AOL Instant Messenger ID: sg95m476 http://www.aol.com/aim/ ICQ Messenger ID: 41449031 http://www.icq.com ...

Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections."
Hi Forum, Heres the scenario. I have VS2008 and SqlServer Enterprise Edition installed in my machine. I connect to the database inside the same machine using VS2008. I opened the project my client gave me inside vs2008. When I ran the project, the it runs. but the aspx page to be displayed shows error like  'Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections." ' I have db and vs in the same machine ( no remote machine involved). Why does this error came? How to Rectify it? Any guidelines are de...

"connect" not connecting
--047d7b6daa88824eef04e00a3d35 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 I have been using DBI for several years, and have a fairly extensive group of programs that relay on DBI to connect to a database and extract data. All my programs use a common library of functions that includes a function which connects to the database: $dsn = 'dbi:ODBC:prod1' ; $user = 'user' ; $passwd = 'XXXXXXXX' ; $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn, $user, $passwd, {RaiseError => 1, AutoCommit => 0}) or die "Could not connect to database: "...

"Program type out of range" error connecting to MSSQL 7 via ODBC
Hi, everybody! I'm using PowerBuilder 5.0.4 and MSSQL 7.0 (with SP1). When I try to connect to the database via ODBC (NOT by the native driver) I receive the ODBC error S1003: "Program type out of range". Can anybody help me? Thanks for any answer. Alberto De Sandre PB 5.0.04 won't work with MSSQL7, you need to upgrade to 6.5.1 or 7.0 Simon Alberto De Sandre wrote in message ... >Hi, everybody! > >I'm using PowerBuilder 5.0.4 and MSSQL 7.0 (with SP1). >When I try to connect to the database via ODBC (NOT by the native driver) I ...

Error in connecting to a database via ODBC from a PB7 MTS Component
Hey everyone, I've developed a simple MTS/COM component in PowerBuilder and I've deployed it to my MTS server, i've added code to access a SQL Server database on my machine via ODBC, I"ve also developed an ASP page as the client and everytime it connects to the component and runs the 'dbsetup()' function I wrote to connect to the database, the following error comes back to me: SQLSTATE = S1110 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Only SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT is allowed when connection pooling is enabled whats really odd, is that whether or not I specify a correct...

HELP: Microsoft Query "General odbc error" connecting to ASE 15.0.3
Greetings, I'm trying to connect MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to ASE15.0.3ESD#1 (8K pages) using ODBC on XP SP3, using ASE 15.00.00.325 2008/08/14 ODBC driver The System ODBC connection was created with defaults. Checking ASE, I can see successful login connection select @@pagesize sp_odbc_server_info select db_name() sp_odbc_tables The I get an error on MSQRY32 - "General odbc error" Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in Advance. Alberto > Greetings, > > I'm trying to connect > MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to > A...

I get "Database server not running" when trying to connect with ODBC from NT client to Linux ASA server
I downloaded the current asaeval7linuxrh6.tar Adaptive Server Anywhere for Linux, installed it and it's up and running on Linux, but I get "Database server not running" when trying to connect with ODBC from NT client (I also have the latest windows ASA ODBC) to Linux ASA server. The ODBC driver is configured correctly on the NT client (as far as I've read). The Adaptive Sever Aywhere engine is up and running on the linux machine because I can query it using dbisqlc. The command I've used to start the database is: "dbeng7 -x tcpip asademo.db". I...

An error in "connect-disconnect-connect" consecution of actions
I connect to database, work, disconnect and connect to another database (or to the same) once more. At that moment Power Builder is closed by Windows with the error "The instruction at "0x0265f100" referenced memory at "0x0265f100". The memory could not be "read". By the way, this error appears sometimes in other cases also, but in the case described above, it appears always. Many thanks in advance for help. Tatiana Yaseneva, Kiev, Ukraine What version of PB? Are you using Oracle higher then 8.03? -- pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))...

An error in "connect-disconnect-connect" consecution of actions
I connect to database, work, disconnect and connect to another database (or to the same) once more. At that moment Power Builder is closed by Windows with the error "The instruction at "0x0265f100" referenced memory at "0x0265f100". The memory could not be "read". By the way, this error appears sometimes in other cases also, but in the case described above, it appears always. Many thanks in advance for help. Tatiana Yaseneva, Kiev, Ukraine I'm guessing here that you are using PB5004 with ODBC. If so, downgrade the pbodb050.dll to the...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded."
Hello Sybase Users, Could anyone tell me what's the cause of this error message "alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded"? Actually, the sybase server is running and the user is remotely accessing the server. It was when the user used the Interactive SQL remotely that this error came out. Then, he also tried to use the Interactive SQL on the server machine but there was no error encountered. It also came out ONCE when 10 users were simultaneously logging on the system application. What's...

Re: An error in "connect-disconnect-connect" consecution of actions
I am using PB 7.0.2 build 8046 Oracle 8.1.6 Windows 2000 and Oracle drivers to work with database. I'm guessing here that you are using PB5004 with ODBC. If so, downgrade the pbodb050.dll to the one from PB5003. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase "Tatiana Yaseneva" <T.Yaseneva@upc.kiev.ua> wrote in message news:HNCpgpxHAHA.70@forums.sybase.com... > I connect to database, work, disconnect and connect to another database (or > to the same) once more. At that moment Power ...

How to connection database to avoid "new" new connection in usecontrol.
How to connection database to avoid "new" new connection in usecontrol. When a page including serveral usercontrol, every usercontrol may access database. but how to let usercontrol use connection in main page instand build a new one. Given that the connections are pooled, the general rule of thumb is to let each control:1) acquire its own connection right when it is needed (and no earlier)2) use that connection for the minimum amount of time possible3) close the connection as soon as possible (return it to the pool)when open connections are available in the pool, step 1 tak...

URGENT: "cannot connect to database" error message?
On particular clients, I cannot connect to database through either the PB app using ODBC or throug ISQL (Watcom 4.e client). On my machine, the connection is fine. I've compared odbc and odbcinst files, and the data sources are the same. The network server is up and running. What is the cause? What steps should I take to verify every possibility. I am sure that it is a simple ODBC configuration, but I can't see it!!!!! Please help Thanks Stephane Make sure you have the stack configured on the client. To 'debug' the problem add "-Z" to the start comm...

Web resources about - "Transaction not connected" error trying to connect to an ODBC database via PB7 Com in MTS - sybase.powerbuilder.general