Why PB-9.0 can't be updated from PB 6.5?

Hi,

Just wondering, PB-9.0 update require license CD of 7.X/8.X? This is b_coz
we ordered pb-9.0 update and we have 6.5 installed in our company.

Simply refuse to install from 6.5

Big height is Sybase sales person didn?t know this!!!

MDesai
0
M_Desai

The Upgrade normally applies to only the previous version or two.

Where are you located? Sybase has just announced a special offer for
people who have versions of PB prior to PB 7.x.

I'm not sure if this offer is good world wide, but let me know where
you are located and I'll see what we can do for you.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase PowerBuilder Evangelist
Still on PB 7.x or earier? Get PB 9.0 for 50% Off!
Call 877-357-2093 for more information

On Thu, 22 May 2003 21:00:26 -0400, M_Desai wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Just wondering, PB-9.0 update require license CD of 7.X/8.X? This is b_coz
>we ordered pb-9.0 update and we have 6.5 installed in our company.
>
>Simply refuse to install from 6.5
>
>Big height is Sybase sales person didn?t know this!!!
>
>MDesai

0
dfish
5/23/2003 1:41:07 AM
Thanks for your reply. At the end we purchased PB9.0 full version for
windows.

MDesai

0
M_Desai
5/23/2003 7:50:40 AM
Why?

"Ben" <noneed> wrote in message news:%23x8GOrSIDHA.218@forums-2-dub...
> I hope you understood why Sybase has not released upgrade version for 6.5!
>
> <M_Desai> wrote in message
> > Thanks for your reply. At the end we purchased PB9.0 full version for
> > windows.
> >
> > MDesai

0
Mike
5/23/2003 12:59:43 PM

<M_Desai> wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply. At the end we purchased PB9.0 full version for
> windows.
>
> MDesai

0
Ben

PB 5.0.4 Application can't migrate to PB 6.5
Hi, I try to migrate the application from PB5.0.4 to PB6.5. After migration, some errors occurs. Problem 1: A window ( say w_abc) which is inherited from another window (w_inherit). After migration, it has following errors Object: w_abc Instance Variables (0002) Error C0001: Illegal data type: istru_result istru_result - is a window structure in w_inherit window and it is used in w_abc instance variables In w_abc window, Instance variables: istru_result istru_result1 Problem 2: If a function which used string array ...

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

Updates after 1.5.0.7 (1.5.0.9, 2.0.0.1)can't access the web.
Name: Jay Product: Firefox Summary: Updates after 1.5.0.7 (1.5.0.9, 2.0.0.1)can't access the web. Comments: see summary Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7 ...

Moved to PB 9.0.3, and now I can't build...because I can't see any objects in the PBDOM.PBD files
I tried to do a build just now, my first since moving to 9.0.3, Build 8004 from 9.0.2, and it failed. Invalid object soapexeption... Say what? Well, when I look at my Sybase PBDs, there aren'y any objects listed in these PBDs. Okay, so invalid is the correct error, but where did the objects go? The files aren't empty... Is there a way to regenerate the object list? c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder\pbdom90.pbd; c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder\pbejbclient90.pbd; c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder\pbsoapclient90.pbd; I also have ...

Powerbuilder Upgrade Issues (PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1)
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Can PB 5.0, 6.0, and 6.5 Coexist
I currently support a couple of PB5.0 applications and I am looking to upgrade them to PB 6 or 6.5. I read the 6.5 documentation that said you need to remove all previous versions of PB before installing. I would like to have 5.0 and 6.0 or 6.5 coexist so that I can still support the old application while I work the 6.5 to learn and study the upgrade. So, can they co-exist and what problems might I run into? Thanks , Doug I have PB5 16-bit, (5.03), PB5 32-bit (PB5.04), PB6.5 and PB7 on the same machine - They live in different worlds. Make sure you keep backups of code and main...

where I can find patch for PB 5.0 or PB 6.5
To enable me to work with PB 5.0 or 6.5 and Access 2000 I need to down load the patch. Kindly advice NNM softwarexpress.sybase.com. Only for 6.5 though (the 6.5.1 maintenance release). There's nothing that can be done for PB 5.x. On Sat, 25 Mar 2000 12:57:23 +0530, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity N N Mathur <uspl@mantraonline.com> wrote: >To enable me to work with PB 5.0 or 6.5 and Access 2000 I need to down load >the patch. >Kindly advice > >NNM > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.c...

PB 6.5 to PB 9.0
We are contemplating on converting the PB 6.5 application to PB 9.0 Build # 5507. Is there any information available with the known bugs / problems with this build number? If yes please redirect me to it. Thanks, Rahul Hey, A good idea is to check the Sybase website for release notes. All you need to know is described in there. HTH, Davy <Rahul S.> wrote in message news:41c00130.5890.1681692777@sybase.com... > We are contemplating on converting the PB 6.5 application to > PB 9.0 Build # 5507. > Is there any information available with the known bugs / >...

PB 6.5 App can't connect to MSSQL 7.0 DB
I have a PB 6.5 application that uses native drivers to connect to a MS SQL 7.0 DB. The system was created on installed using MS SQL 6.5 then upgraded to 7.0. The DB validates users using SQL User IDs/Password instead of the NT Logon Users. The primary network login is to a Novell Server which handle File and Print services. On some workstations, after I upgrade the SQL Client to 7.0 the application can't connect to the DB. (Before updating the application could connect to the SQL 7.0 DB using the 6.5 SQL Client DLLs.) On the same workstations I can use the Query Analyzer to c...

PB 6.5.1 Desktop
Through PB 6.5.1 desktop, when trying to connect directly to SQL Anywhere Adaptive Server v7.0, I get the error Invalid or unsupported datasource. If I try to use the compatibility library dbl50t.dll and connect to the ASA v7, it causes a GPF in dblib7.dll. An EXE compiled from 6.5.1 connects to the ASA v7.0 without a problem. I would just like to connect from within PB. Any suggestions or updates available. I believe the problem is PB is coded to only allow connect to specific ODBC drivers and ASA is not one of them but I need a work around or update. Thanks in advance, Jef...

Can't use dynamic cursor with MS SQL 7.0 and PB 6.5.1
Hello, we have an application (PB 6.5.1) which runs fine against MS SQL 6.5. However we have a statement which is execute using dynamic SQL which gives the following error: 10077, One of the tables involved in the cursor statement does not have a unique index. The code is as follows: =============== ls_SQL = "SELECT l.id FROM master..syslocks l WHERE l.spid = @@spid" DECLARE myCursor DYNAMIC CURSOR FOR sqlsa; PREPARE sqlsa FROM :ls_SQL USING sqlca; OPEN DYNAMIC myCursor; IF sqlca.sqlcode <> 0 THEN MessageBox("", "Error #" + Stri...

Web resources about - Why PB-9.0 can't be updated from PB 6.5? - sybase.powerbuilder.futures