powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general

This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page.
0
rob

I was able to hit it 11:25 am Eastern Daylight Savings Time vie OE
newsreader.

Russ
<rob.potts@veridian.com> wrote in message
This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page.

0
Russ
4/14/2003 3:26:57 PM
I've notified the people in charge.  Until it's resolve, you can still use the
web-based newsreader at www.pfcguide.com.

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:14:52 -0400,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.futures_discussion
 <Joe_Slawsky> wrote:
>The newsreaders are O.K., it appears to be the Web Based (and is limited to
>general so far) which are down.
>
>- Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
>www.planetdx.com
>Home of PB Link - The FREE PowerBuilder to Palm Interface

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com

Hurrah!  Google Groups works again!  But remember its only good for searching,
don't post through it.
http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en&as_ugroup=powersoft.public.
powerbuilder.*

http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce
4/14/2003 4:12:08 PM
I've been calling and writing to Sybase since Friday with no response.  I
even resorted to sending an e-mail to a Team Sybase member to try and make
and "end Run" to support.  The only person who resoponded to my requests
was the Team Sybase member who was able to forward my request to the proper
people.  The only reason I do not mention his name is I don't want him
flodded with people's complaints, because that is not his job.

 - Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
www.planetdx.com
Home of PB Link - The FREE PowerBuilder to Palm Interface
0
Joe_Slawsky
4/14/2003 4:13:23 PM
The newsreaders are O.K., it appears to be the Web Based (and is limited to
general so far) which are down.

- Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
www.planetdx.com
Home of PB Link - The FREE PowerBuilder to Palm Interface
0
Joe_Slawsky
4/14/2003 4:14:52 PM
Thanks, I appreciate your effort to contact the right people at Sybase.

- Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
www.planetdx.com
Home of PB Link - The FREE PowerBuilder to Palm Interface
0
Joe_Slawsky
4/14/2003 7:23:25 PM
Hi Joe. I'm not sure who at Sybase you tried to contact, but I
apologize that you did not get a response. We have recently had a
change in who supports the newsgroups and there seems to be some
confusion. Let me know if you don't get a response to future requests
and I'll make sure that the message gets through.

Having said that, with my travel schedule, you may not get a quick
reply from me, but I will respond as soon as I can.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase PowerBuilder Evangelist

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:13:23 -0400, Joe_Slawsky wrote:

>I've been calling and writing to Sybase since Friday with no response.  I
>even resorted to sending an e-mail to a Team Sybase member to try and make
>and "end Run" to support.  The only person who resoponded to my requests
>was the Team Sybase member who was able to forward my request to the proper
>people.  The only reason I do not mention his name is I don't want him
>flodded with people's complaints, because that is not his job.
>
> - Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
>www.planetdx.com
>Home of PB Link - The FREE PowerBuilder to Palm Interface

0
dfish
4/14/2003 11:43:22 PM
Dave
Maybe a support email address for the newsgroups would be better ( not sure if
one exists already )
Something like forumsupport@sybase.com

a.

--
Adam Simmonds
Lead Analyst/Programmer - Web Development

0
Adam
4/15/2003 12:37:28 AM
     Actually, I did not try to contact you because of your busy schedule,
but thanks.  I sent e-mails to the contact list at Sybase in the US.
Because it was still down, I contacted a Team Sybase member directly to as
him to get in touch with Sybase (against normal protocol I know, but the
person did do me the favor of contacting them).  I also realize that I was
probably not the only person who sent them mail about this and they can not
reply individually to each e-mail.  The worst part was that the contacts
page was also out, so I resorted to e-mailing some old tech support people
in my contact list.

     I think Sybase understands that not all of us are able to use the
newsgroups with a newsgroup reader due to restrictions at the various
locations PowerBuilder (or Sybase) users work.  It is a plus that they have
the Web based reader at all.  Fortunately I was able to keep up with things
thru PFCGUIDE until it was resolved (thanks Boris).

     I do agree though that there should be a central e-mail contact in
regards to newsgroups, just so users can inform Sybase when the newsgroup
is down, or bring inappropriate content to their attention so it can be
removed.

- Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
www.planetdx.com
Home of PB Link - The FREE PowerBuilder to Palm Interface
0
Joe_Slawsky
4/15/2003 1:40:49 PM
>Fortunately I was able to keep up with things
thru PFCGUIDE until it was resolved

It is not resolved. There is about 20 messages at most that you can see in
the .general forum thru webforums...
0
Philip_Salgannik
4/15/2003 3:05:21 PM
True, and I believe they are aware of that, but at least I can post new
messages and respond to current messages.  I notice even using
WWW.PFCGUIDE.COM I can only go back 1 month at the moment inthe general
forum.  Fixed is a relative term.

- Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
www.planetdx.com
Home of PB Link - The FREE PowerBuilder to Palm Interface

0
Joe_Slawsky

Is powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc dead?
I have tried to post a question to powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc but the last post I see is from 5 January. Is there a problem with the group? Gerry. The newsgroups were down for 1.5 days last week. I can see posts after 01/09/2002. You may need to reset your local copy of the newsgroup to get back in sync. /ck "Gerry" <gerico@xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:z7pIA8TnBHA.297@forums.sybase.com... > I have tried to post a question to powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc but the > last post I see is from 5 January. Is there a problem with the group? &...

my powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc is broken?
My powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc is stuck at 4938 messages since a long time. I suspect there is a problem with my news reader (N4). Anybody know a fix? Others groups are fine. Thanks in advance. -- Real Gagnon mailto:real.gagnon@tactika.com Quebec, Canada **** Java Javascript and PowerBuilder How-to **** New Location! http://www.tactika.com/realhome/ No Ads or Popups! I had the same problem with a different ng some time ago. It was caused by a corrupt file on my PC, and was only fixed by removing the ng and adding it back (thus losing the record of which message ...

Announcing the PowerBuilder 10 Public Beta Program!Join the PowerBuilder 10.0 Beta Team!
Join the PowerBuilder 10.0 Beta Team! PowerBuilder is getting ready for the 10.0 release and would like to invite you to join the Beta Team! The exciting new developments you will have early access to as a member of the Beta Team include: Unicode support DataWindow.NET Object Oriented Modeling with PowerDesigner plug-in UDDI search ADO.NET support NETXML Web Datawindow Your participation in the beta test cycle is an opportunity to provide valuable feedback to engineering regarding the quality and capabilities of this release. As a member of the team, you will learn from the e...

The Future of PowerBuilder
Hello! Earlier this year, I came across an article in one of the weekly industry newspapers that stated that Sybase was telling major customers that PowerBuilder will be discontinued after version 8.0. (I can't remember which newspaper had the story and I can't seem locate it by doing a Google search. But I'm not making this up - I really did see it.) At the PowerBuilder Information Site ( www.justpbinfo.com ) I came across the following article: ------------------------------------------------ The Future of PowerBuilder Is there life after PowerBuilder 8? Rum...

Future of Powerbuilder
Hello Every one!!, Could any body tell me for how long the demand for powerbuilder programmer exists... the recent trend shows everything is going on to be web dependendent. I'm bit worried ab't security of my job.. i'm with PB since the release of Ver.4.0.. and bit reluctant to leave PB now. could anybody suggest me whether should i move on to Java or simillar techonologies or should i get along with PB?? Please respond to me... Thanks!! Regards, Dhawan. It never hurts to expand your skillset by picking up new languages. PowerBuilder is still going strong, Syb...

Pocket PowerBuilder blob problem from ianywhere.public.chinese.general
I'm posting on behalf of a customer in ianywhere.public.chinese.general. I have translated the message will be redirecting the customer to this thread A customer is using PocketPowerBuilder 1.5 to develop applications on Windows CE 4.0 devices. One of the function is to browse pictures in file directories. The customer claims that, though PPB claims to not support JPG, under Windows 2000, using the PictureName picture setting controls he managed to display pictures normally. But on Windows CE. these JPG files cannot be properly displayed. The customer has no problems dis...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

PowerBuilder future
I wonder what is the future of PB. I have just saw an article which Jhon Chen (Sybase CEO) says the following: According to Chen the company had become over-diversified, and lost sight of its core competencies. "A lot of our businesses were very inefficient," he explains. "I was asking, 'why are you doing this?' You know we had an SAP consulting business - what for? We had a product that competed with Microsoft Visual Basic - what for? I had to get rid of some bits and pieces." In my understanding, the only Sybase product that have competed with VB is...

Future of Powerbuilder
Hi, Has anyone seen the article in computerworld issue of sep 27th 1999 - The Future of Powerbuilder? Looks like it is time to jump out of the ship! Thanks Bala wrote in message <#AImoYME$GA.270@forums.sybase.com>... >Hi, > >Has anyone seen the article in computerworld issue of sep 27th 1999 - >The Future of Powerbuilder? >Looks like it is time to jump out of the ship! Except you should not believe everything you read. I remember the mutterings after PB 6.5 and currently Sybase is shipping EAS which PB 7.0 forms part of. Again I was at Sybase TechW...

The future of Powerbuilder
I am looking for opinions and viewpoints. I think Powerbuilder has 2 distinct and quite different markets. The small to medium sized software market and corporate IT market. In the software market where results are easy to measure on the bottom line I think PB is doing just fine. The productivity, efficiency and swift development process suites that market just fine. Just keep your customers happy. I am amazed at what I have seen in PB based software packages considering the total lack of documentation. That speaks volume on the capabilities of PB if you just get into it. O...

Future of Powerbuilder
Hi, Has anyone seen the article in computerworld issue of sep 27th 1999 - The Future of Powerbuilder? Looks like it is time to jump out of the ship! Thanks ComputerWorld!!! What a piece of .... I haven't read the article, but I don't have to. I had a subscription to ComputerWorld once. ComputerWorld was one of the biggest fans of the Apple is dead movement. Guess they were wrong there... The journalism in that magazine is terrible. Over the course of a year subscription, I read most of the articles for about six months. Then I threw it away until the subscription ...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

POWERBUILDER FUTURE?
i am in Powerbuilder for past 4 Years.....currently i am in india. But my projects are in my last 4 years almost maintenance & migration to advanced techniques...almost zero development and the sad news is ,powerbuilder developers are very less when compared to advance techniques... u know the PB versions are also coming yearly once & introducing new concepts also almost not useful(i discussed with lot of PB developers almost they are not using the advance techniques) so everybody is going slowly out of PB technology... In india last few years Pb usage is re...

Web resources about - powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general - sybase.powerbuilder.futures

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles