connecting PowerBuilder 10 to MS-SQL Server using OLE DB: Problems with trailing blanks in StringType Data

HI.
We work on a project using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 connected to a
MS-SQL
Server DataBase.
Now we want to upgrade to PB 10, and we've realized that we
have to use
OLE DB to connect to our DataBase.
OK, we've made the connection via OLE DB, now we are
starting to have
some unexpected troubles..
For instance:
In datawindows retrieving String Type data, the OLE DB
connection give
us all the string data without trimming the trailing blank
spaces...With PowerBuilder 9 (and its native MSSQL Server
interface),
the String data would come all trimmed down...i.e.: "HELLO"
vs "HELLO
 "

Any clue ?
thanx in advance !

Martin
0
Martin

read the extensive discussions involving this in the database and connections
group.  This forum is for futures.

<Martin Allocati> wrote in message news:44e49065.6318.1681692777@sybase.com...
> HI.
> We work on a project using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 connected to a
> MS-SQL
> Server DataBase.
> Now we want to upgrade to PB 10, and we've realized that we
> have to use
> OLE DB to connect to our DataBase.
> OK, we've made the connection via OLE DB, now we are
> starting to have
> some unexpected troubles..
> For instance:
> In datawindows retrieving String Type data, the OLE DB
> connection give
> us all the string data without trimming the trailing blank
> spaces...With PowerBuilder 9 (and its native MSSQL Server
> interface),
> the String data would come all trimmed down...i.e.: "HELLO"
> vs "HELLO
> "
>
> Any clue ?
> thanx in advance !
>
> Martin

Problems with db-library and ODBC using with MS SQL Server ver 7.0 PowerBuilder ver 6.5. And OLE-DB for Microsoft OLAP Services
There are many problems when running the aplication using the new ODBC driver for SQL ver 7. Simple, does not work. It�s any patch to this problem ? Using DB Library makes poor query plans in some case using SQL Server 7.0. It�s any path ? It�s any patch or utility to use OLE-DB for connecting Microsoft OLAP Services ? Carlos Lara darsa@solnet.com.mx ...

PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder
PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder I am using Power Builder 7.0 with SQL Server 2000 Database. I created a datawindow using a varchar(450) field. It is allowing me enter and save 450 characters but when I retrieved the data it is truncating it to 255 chars. I looked in the database all 450 characters are there. Why it is truncating the data on retrieve? Please help me out if anybody knows the solution Thanks in advance because the native interface (Micr...

Considerations converting powerbuilder connection from the native sql server connection to OLE DB
We have an application which was upgraded from PB8.0.3 to PB9 (original build) . The application formerly used sql servers native connection. The application is now coded to use OLEDB. We are running into minor issues that were not present with the native connection. Example: you have a stored procedure called "sp_test" that has one argument, @dummy. We would normally execute the procedure like this: EXEC sp_test 'test_value' ^ But when using OLE-DB, you have to include the parameter name, like this: EXEC sp_test @dummy='test_value' ^ Now we ...

connecting to SQL Server 7 using ole db provider for Sql Server
I had problems trying to do this with a grid so I am now trying to add a new connection in the Server Explorer. I added all the neccessary info and when I hit "Test Connection" it is successful but when I ckick on "OK" I get an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Anybody know what is wrong? Thanks....

Powerbuilder 9
Hi, I am trying to get connected to Microsoft SQL server 2000 using SSL, through the native driver (MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0). Unfortunately, the code I am supporting is such that I can't change to ODBC or OLEDB easily. Is there a way to set the native driver to communicate using SSL? I tried DBPARM=Encrypt=1 and many other similar combinations, but no luck so far. Thanks, Brian ...

Connecting to sql server 2000 via ole db in Powerbuilder 7
I'm trying to do a direct connect to sql server 2000 using ole db. I've got one connectstring in my application (powerbuilder) that is accessing the database via odbc. I want to access a different database (for security purposes) using ole db. Is this possible? Here are my parameters: sqlca.dbms = ole db sqlca.database = picard sqlca.logid = picard sqlca.logpass = picard sqlca.servername = picardsqld1 Can someone please help with the syntax on connecting to this database. Thanks... It's possible, but oledb in PB7 doesn't work well at all. It's appa...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4?
Hi: How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4? It seems that the special connection inferface for "MSS Microsoft SQL Server" is canceled in PowerBuilder 10.5. I do not want to via ODBC. Thanks! Wu; No, MSS driver (actually Microsoft's NTDBLIB.dll) was cancelled by Bill Gates in SQLServer v7. It was supported in 2000 - but ANSI only with limited functionality and dropped for SS2000 and 2005 in the Unicode world. So your choices are: ODBC, OLE-DB and ADO.net. There is new SNC driver for PB 11 that is simil...

how do i insert data into sql server using data from textboxes and sql connection and sql command
anyone can give me a simple explaination and code.. Thanx in advance Take a look @ Sample Code: How to add...Sushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/ASP.NET MVPhttp://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb There are a lot of tutorials out there, but I know they can be a bit confusing as they all approach things slightly differently. Basically a nice simple version would go like this:' *** First set up your connectionDim conConnection As New SqlConnection("server=servername;database=yourdatabase;uid=yourname;pwd=yourpassword;")' *** This line takes care of your sommand text and command connection in one ...

Connectivity of Sql Server With Powerbuilder 10
As I gone through the Powerbuilder10 manual,it has been mentioned that Powerbuilder10 has not provided Interface with Microsoft SQL Server, althrough We have connected our application with the help of ODBC,but the problem is that it again & again asking for the database connectivity and it won't be possible to the user to enter the information again & again as far as the large Application is concerned. So is there any other way to connect the application with MS sql Server. Thanks Ajit Prasad ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_...

Nativ Connect to MS SQL Server from PowerBuilder
Hi! I would like to know if there is a database interface that provide native connection to Microsoft SQL Server 2000 I use Power Builder Entreprise7.0.3. And if there is one from where do i get it? Thanks OLE DB is now the preferred native interface (replacing MSS). I don't know how reliable it is in the version you are using. You can also use ODBC which should supports features not supported in MSS (var/char columns > 255 characters in length). If you did not already install them, you need to rerun the install program and select them from the appropriate dialog (ii...

Problems connecting to SQL Server Compact with Powerbuilder
Hi, I am having difficulty connecting to SQL Server Compact using Powerbuilder 9, 10.5 or 11.5 I have tried many ways but can't seem to connect. Can you please post a sample SQLCA declaration so that I can see how you connect. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks Loz I am using PB 11.5 and MS SQL Server 2000 Here is my connect string in PB 11.5 // Profile TX2000SQL1 HISTORY SQLCA.DBMS = "SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB)" SQLCA.LogPass = <***> SQLCA.ServerName = "TX2000SQL1" SQLCA.LogId = "sa" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False ...

Connecting to SQL Server using OLE DB
I am trying to switch from using the SQL Server native drivers to using OLE DB. I have it working on my development machine, but when I deploy it to a client machines, it doesn't work. All my client machines have MDAC 2.5 installed on them by default. If I upgrade to MDAC 2.7, then it works. But with 300+ clients out there, I don't really want to upgrade everyone. I am using PB 8.0.3 Build 9704. The server is SQl Server 2000. Here are the DB paramamters I am using to connect: // Profile Datawarehouse2 SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogPass = <****> SQLCA.LogId ...

how to connect sql server using OLE DB ?
Is it possible for PB 6.5.1 using OLE DB to connect to MS Sql Server 7 ? Is there any database profile upgrade for PB 6.5.1 ? Thanks. -- Best regards, Ridwan Goldbase Technology Visit our Homepage : http://www.pembukuan.com http://members.xoom.com/goldbase http://www.ibi.co.id/goldbase http://members.tripod.com/goldbase http://www.geocities.com/Wallstreet/Floor/5251/index.html ICQ : 72084395 No, you have to upgrade to PB7. Though the OLEDB driver has so many bugs that it is (for us) unusable. Apparently they're fixed in PB8, but that's not m...

Powerbuilder application with MS SQL Server DB performance
Hi friends, I am using PowerBuilder 7 and MS SQL Server 2000, Oracle 9i as back end. I have comlaints from my clients who are using MS SQL Server that application hangs or slow down when other user gets reports. Any help in this regard will be apprieciated. Have a nice day! thanks Nasir You're probably getting locking conflicts. Oracle is row locking and doesn't place shared lock on queries by default, so it's not quite as susceptible. You might look at the Lock attribute for the connection and/or issuing commits after your retrieves to clear the locks....

Connection of PowerBuilder 10 to Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Hello, I use PowerBuilder 10.2.1 (Build 9557), Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and OLE DB connection. I have a datawindow using Store Procedure to retrieve. After retrieving the datawindow, I have a SQL statement fetching loop, and I will call another store procedure in the looping. Once the datawindow with store procedure is retrieved, another store procedure cannot be executed in the SQL cursor fetching loop. The sqlerrtext message is that "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Cannot create new connection because in manual or distributed transaction mode.". Howev...

Connecting to MS SQL Server 2000 through OLE DB
When I use this connection, my column defaults do not show in the database painter or when I try to update a dw, I get an error as I had not set the field to zero (in this case). The default shows in MS Enterprise Manager and when I connect through the Native Driver. Is this a bug? ...

Powerbuilder 10.5
I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 from PB 10.5 and it gives me error "DBMS MSS is not supported in your current installation." Can anyone help me with this ? I do not see any Native DLLs from Powerbuilder 10.5 for SQL Server 2000. How do I use OLEDB Drivers for this ? try using this... SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='Server=server1;UID=username;PWD=pass;Driver=SQL Server;Database=dbname'" hope this help mike <ADuvvuru> wrote in message news:46bb9f7b.1420.1681692777@sybase....

Use OLE DB Connect SQL Server 2000
I have an error message as SQLCODE = -1 and SQLERRTEXT = "No OLE DB provider name was specified in the connection parameter" when I was running the executable file (even I put all the run time in the same folder of executable file). But if I run that apllication in PB then it is OK. My INI as below: DBMS=OLE DB DBParm=Namespace='System.Data.OleDb',PROVIDER='SQLOLEDB',DATASOURCE='MY_SERVER' ,PROVIDERSTRING='database=mydb',PBTrimCharColumns='Yes' TIA. John, Is the executable being run on the same machine as the development env...

PIPELINE - PB10
Hello All, We are converting our PB apps to version 10. Thanks to the posts on this site we have been successful setting OLE DB connections and everything appeared to be working fine. I just noticed that at least one of my pipes is not working correctly. It is truncating 1 character off of a field. This worked fine when we were going from sql 7 to sql 7 but when I connect to one server running ms sql 7 and the other using ms sql 2000 using a data pipe in PB 10 it is cutting off a char??? This one blows my mind because there is no script??? We had to make changes to trim s...

Connectivity with OLE DB (MS SQL Server 7.0)
Hello: I have a powerbuilder executable running under Windows 95 connecting to MS SQL Server 7.0 using the OLE DB interface. This exe is stored on a network application server in it's own directory along with the following dll's: pbdwe70.dll pbvm70.dll pbole70.dll sqloledb.dll libjcc.dll dbnmpntw.dll pfccom32.dll The application runs fine on the developers machine. It will not connect on other machines. The Microsoft data access components are a basic component of the user's machines. When run on the developer's machine, pbole70.dll appears to call a function ca...

PB9 and OLE DB and MS SQL Server
Environment: PowerBuilder 9.0.1 build 6533 and build 7236. Connecting to MS SQL Server 2000 sp3a using OLE DB. Provider =96 SQLOLEDB. Autocommit =96 false. Situation. Declare and open a cursor using embedded SQL. Fetch one row. Then select something from another table using select ..into clause. If the cursor retrieves more then one row the following error occurs: 999 Microsoft OLE DB provider for SQL Server. Cannot create new connection because in manual or distributed transaction mode. According to Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3dkb;en-us;272358 ...

Connect To ASA 9 using OLE DB with PowerBuilder 9
I'm trying to connect to a database running ASA 9 in a linux pc from powerbuilder 9. I can't seem to find the right parameters, when I test the connection the ODBC dialog pops up, and I want to make the connection without ODBC. Here's the connection params... please help me telling what I'm doing wrong. (the server is starting as fernando, and the database is fernando.db) // Profile fernando SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogPass = <***> SQLCA.LogId = "dba" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='ASAProv.90',DATASOUR...

Web resources about - connecting PowerBuilder 10 to MS-SQL Server using OLE DB: Problems with trailing blanks in StringType Data - sybase.powerbuilder.futures

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles