Calling internet enabled PB application from Client Server PB Application

Is it possible to call a internet enabled PB application from a
Client-Server PB app? (Just like the way using RUN function to run another
app from PB app)

Thx,
Mahesh
0
Mahesh

This newsgroup is for discussing enhancement requests for future versions of
PowerBuilder. You will get a much more relevant reponse if you post in one
of the other newsgroups, for example:
powersoft.public.powerbuilder.distributed or
powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general

<Mahesh> wrote in message
> Is it possible to call a internet enabled PB application from a
> Client-Server PB app? (Just like the way using RUN function to run another
> app from PB app)
>
> Thx,
> Mahesh

0
Bug

PB Application to PB Application communication
I need to have 2 powerbuilder application be able to communicate with one another. A string is all I need to pass between the two applications. I tried creating a com object that I could connect to from both applications. This com object would basically store the information I want to pass between the two applications in an instance variable. One application would populate that instance variable, then notify the other application(through the send command) to go read the information in the com object. I created the com object fine and can call a function on the com object ...

Starting the server application and stopping the server application from the client application
Hi , How do I do it ? I want to start the server application from my client app. After all my jobs are over , when I disconnect from the server, I want to close the server application. Both the client and server applications will be running on the desktop under NT or win95 environment. If the client app is abc.exe and the server app is pqr.exe when the user starts the client app from his desktop, the client should start pqr.exe . Now after finishing all the process when the user closes the client, I want to disconnect from server and close the server pqr then close abc...

Calling PB application from other web application
Friends, I have a situation here. I have a powerbuilder 7.0 application with windows, datawindows and database access. NOw, the management needs this powerbuilder application to be called by another web application. I would appreciate if you could give me the possible solutions. Thanks in advance, Saravanan I responded to this in another section. Please don't cross-post. On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 12:31:28 -0700, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc Saravanan Gurusamy <sarav_g@hotmail.com> wrote: >Friends, > I have a situation here. I have a power...

Calling PB application from other web application
Friends, I have a situation here. I have a powerbuilder 7.0 application with windows, datawindows and database access. NOw, the management needs this powerbuilder application to be called by another web application. I would appreciate if you could give me the possible solutions. Thanks, Saravanan What does the application need to return? If you just want to launch the original PB application from a web page, you should look at the web deployment kit. If you need to return data to the other web app, you might look at deploying PB objects into Jaguar and then calling t...

pb application deployment of application
ver 10.5 is there an easy way of finding which pb runtime files i need to deploy with my application to create an installation for a customer First of all, check out the PB runtime packager, and documentation in HTML books under application techniques, chapter 40. You can also use tools like process explorer (www.sysinternals.com - now Microsoft) that lists the active DLL's used by an application. Including tools like Dependency Walker (www.dependencywalker.com). (That even integrates with Process Explorer.) Regards Andr� P� Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:04:10 +0100, sk...

PB 11.5 application is lower than the same application on PB 9
Hi, We have recently migrated our full source from PB 9 to PB 11.5. We found that the program is running extremely slow. We noticed that it happens mostly when using GUI. There are delays even when tabbing though controls on the screen. We run tracing on both environments, and most of the functions show that the response time is better in PB 11.5, but the experience of using PB11.5 application is very slow anyway. Has anyone experienced the same? On Aug 21, 9:13=A0am, chaau <andrew.chered...@gmail.com> wrote: Sorry, typo in the title. Should be PB 11.5 application is slo...

Closing Application from PB Application
Hi everybody, I'm trying to find solition for the following. I'm trying to close running application (for example PB application or any other) from another running application (PB application). I tried using GetModuleName Win API function to get handle of the application and then tried to close it using CloseWindoe function - it didn't work. Also tried to send and post messages using value for WM_SYSCOMMAND and SC_CLOSE message - still the same negative result. Does anybody have solution for that looks like simple thing. Unfortunately Powerbuilder allows you to start appli...

SQLCA works when application runs in PB not when application is run with Powerbuilder WDK.
Hi, My applications with out SQLCA run great through Powerbuilder WDK, my applications that contain SQLCA information doesn't. When I run the application in PB I get a splash screen and then the application starts. When I run it through PB WDK the splash screen starts and the I get a login box. No matter what I do it always show's up and when I hit OK I get the following SQLSTATE = 08001 error. How can I stop this from occurring? The SQLCA code and ini file are below. code: startupfile = "pds.ini" /* Populate sqlca from current PB.INI settings */ sqlca.DBMS...

How do YOU estimate the development time of a PB Application ? (Client/Server)
We have an old PB application ( and the count of windows, datawindows, nvo's, ...), and we want to estimate very roughly the time to rewrite it in PB, based on those informations. We don't have the time to analyse it with point of functions at this point. I know some people have estimates ( gross) of the time to develop a window, a dw, a nvo ,... I know it depends on the complexity, but I just want to have your opinion, your estimate. The figures I have seen gives 1 week/dw, which is exagerated in my Point of view, but what do you think of it ? Thanks Philip Think...

connecting to sqlanywhere 5.0 server from client pb application.
Hello, I am using SQL Anywhere 5.0.01 build #451, with power builder 5.0.02. I have setup the server on an Windows NT Server 4.0 and am connecting using sql anywhere client on Windows 95. My problem is that trying to connect to the server from the client succeeds when i use sql central but fails when i connect using my pb application. I am using ODBC to connect from PB application. I have specified the servername correctly which is what i think the client requires to find the server ( it does not seem to require the hostname of the server). Further i find two EXEs for running th...

How can I connect from DOS C++ client to PB application server ?
Hello All ! Does anybody know what kind of C library I can use for connect from DOS C++ (Watcom through TCP/IP) to PB6.51 Application server ? And what will be the ways of using of PROXY objects (their descriptions, methods using etc) in DOS C++ programm body ? Maybe anywhere can I find exmaples of it ? Best regards, Dmitri You might want to look at using Jaguar if you want to be able to access PB logic from DOS C++. -- Dean Jones, CPD Professional 6.0 Team Sybase PowerTeam, Inc. www.powerobjects.com dean@powerobjects.com ������� �������� wrote in message <4gWxT...

One More PB 10 Wish List for Client/Server applications
Purpose: Continue to enhance PB and keep it the very best tool to build client-server applications. My purpose is not to hinder other extensions, but to continue to keep the customer base that has been loyal to PB through many versions. 1. A Rich Text Control that supports new versions of RTF and Word RTF 2. Better control on DW group headers (allow not to be repeated on each page option) 3. Fix WingDing font problem (since 9 beta 4) 4. Include (or header files) for global variables, global constants, and global external functions (conditional compiles #if var = 1 and #i...

Sending email from PB 10.2 client/server application
I'm trying to use the standard PB Script functionality to send multiple emails from a client/server application (using PB 10.2). Each email will be sent with an attachment which is, in fact, the email recipient's bill and the process is a "bulk" process which processes thousands of bills so I need to have the ability to send off these multiple emails from within the program with NO user intervention and no automated intervention from Outlook or any other type of email client software. Can anyone help me with a solution to this without my having to purchase a 3rd part...

Web resources about - Calling internet enabled PB application from Client Server PB Application - sybase.powerbuilder.futures

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

SMIC and M31 introduce differentiated IP solutions for storage controller applications
China-based IC foundry Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) has announced the company will expand its IP portfolio with M31 Technology's ...

NASA accepting applications for the position of 'astronaut'
Wanted ads aren't usually newsworthy, unless the company is NASA and the job is "going to space." The US space agency has started recruiting ...

10 Killer Media Applications Enabled by 'Virtual Reality' Headsets
... can do much more than 'virtual reality,' a technical term that is badly defined in most news reports. Here are 10 rapidly developing applications. ...

New patent application suggests Nintendo’s NX console is like nothing we’ve seen before
Nintendo has been close-mouthed about its plans for the Nintendo NX, but a recent patent filing may have tipped the company's hand. If so, then ...