As he is the future real of PowerBuilder?

Hi

As he is the future real of PowerBuilder?

Law some post and some articles where they say that
PowerBuilder does not have future, this tool is very
beautiful and me q pain to know that there is no future in
her. Perhaps I am mistaken or I am confusing the things.

Lima - Per=fa

Yeah, I read back in late 1999 in articles and posts that all the computers in
the world were going to crash causing a worldwide panic leading to the
destruction of civilization.   Then came Britney Spears.  They were right.

<L.Barzi> wrote in message news:45018540.f94.1681692777@sybase.com...
Hi

As he is the future real of PowerBuilder?

Law some post and some articles where they say that
PowerBuilder does not have future, this tool is very
beautiful and me q pain to know that there is no future in
her. Perhaps I am mistaken or I am confusing the things.

Lima - Per�

Please see http://tinyurl.com/qfj38 for a similar discussion just the
other week. Some people will say anything to further their agenda. Did
you know that 83% of all quoted statistics are made up? <g>

Good luck,

On 8 Sep 2006 07:59:16 -0700, L.Barzi wrote:

>Hi
>
>As he is the future real of PowerBuilder?
>
>Law some post and some articles where they say that
>PowerBuilder does not have future, this tool is very
>beautiful and me q pain to know that there is no future in
>her. Perhaps I am mistaken or I am confusing the things.
>
>Lima - Per�
*********************************
PowerBuilder for $95? No.
Personal use PowerBuilder Enterprise *AND* PocketBuilder *AND* DataWindow.NET
*AND* Sybase IQ as free benefits of a $95 ISUG membership. See
http://www.isug.com/ISUG3/Membership_benefits.html for details.

*********************************
Click once a day to help the hungry
http://www.thehungersite.com
*********************************
User Manual
===========
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
9/11/2006 12:43:52 AM
On 10 Sep 2006 17:43:52 -0700, Terry Voth <sequel@techno-kitten.com>
wrote:

>Please see http://tinyurl.com/qfj38 for a similar discussion just the
>other week. Some people will say anything to further their agenda. Did
>you know that 83% of all quoted statistics are made up? <g>

Wow,  My client corp firewall is now blocking tinyurl.com   That is
silly.   The site doesn't hide anything, just redirects...

Is anyone else's company blocking tinyurl.com?   I have been using it
for years.  Hate to stop now...

0
Boris
9/11/2006 2:45:28 PM
ours too - same message about anonymizing servers

"Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]" <nospambgasinatdynamictechgroupdotcom@> wrote in
message news:d2tag21fajrdrg1rg3q1c1r8ba4ji0p83u@4ax.com...
> On 10 Sep 2006 17:43:52 -0700, Terry Voth <sequel@techno-kitten.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Please see http://tinyurl.com/qfj38 for a similar discussion just the
>>other week. Some people will say anything to further their agenda. Did
>>you know that 83% of all quoted statistics are made up? <g>
>
> Wow,  My client corp firewall is now blocking tinyurl.com   That is
> silly.   The site doesn't hide anything, just redirects...
>
> Is anyone else's company blocking tinyurl.com?   I have been using it
> for years.  Hate to stop now...

0
Stephanie
9/11/2006 4:59:43 PM
That's nasty. Not here. Mind you, the other day I got Boing-Boing blocked.
(Someone's got a dirty mind....)

http://groups.google.com/group/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general/browse_thread/
thread/a9cb848e1b3a4642/8987fae9a0118fe9?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1#8987fae9a0118fe9

The same old caveats: If your reader wraps it, you may have to piece it back
together into one line, blah, blah, blah.

Good luck,

On 11 Sep 2006 09:59:43 -0700,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion

*********************************
PowerBuilder for $95? No.
Personal use PowerBuilder Enterprise *AND* PocketBuilder *AND* DataWindow.NET
*AND* Sybase IQ as free benefits of am ISUG membership. See
http://www.isug.com/ISUG3/Membership_benefits.html for details.

*********************************
Click once a day to help the hungry
http://www.thehungersite.com
*********************************
User Manual
===========
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
9/11/2006 5:24:19 PM
When I was at Greyhound, they almost blocked www.techno-kitten.com

Terry Voth wrote:
> That's nasty. Not here. Mind you, the other day I got Boing-Boing blocked.
> (Someone's got a dirty mind....)
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general/browse_thread/
> thread/a9cb848e1b3a4642/8987fae9a0118fe9?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1#8987fae9a0118fe9
>
> The same old caveats: If your reader wraps it, you may have to piece it back
> together into one line, blah, blah, blah.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On 11 Sep 2006 09:59:43 -0700,
>  in sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
> Stephanie Young <stephanie.youngN_O_S_P_A_M@standardregisterD_0_Tcom> wrote:
>> ours too - same message about anonymizing servers
>>
>> "Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]" <nospambgasinatdynamictechgroupdotcom@> wrote in
>> message news:d2tag21fajrdrg1rg3q1c1r8ba4ji0p83u@4ax.com...

>>> Wow,  My client corp firewall is now blocking tinyurl.com   That is
>>> silly.   The site doesn't hide anything, just redirects...
>>>
>>> Is anyone else's company blocking tinyurl.com?   I have been using it
>>> for years.  Hate to stop now...
>>>

> *********************************
> PowerBuilder for $95? No.
> Personal use PowerBuilder Enterprise *AND* PocketBuilder *AND* DataWindow.NET
> *AND* Sybase IQ as free benefits of am ISUG membership. See
> http://www.isug.com/ISUG3/Membership_benefits.html for details.
>
> *********************************
> Click once a day to help the hungry
> http://www.thehungersite.com
> *********************************
> User Manual
> ===========
> TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
> Forums = Peer-to-peer
> Forums <> Communication with Sybase
> IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
> Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
> *********************************
>
> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> Version 3.0.02 now available at the Sandbox
> PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
> See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
> ^ ^
> o o
> =*=
0
Jason
9/11/2006 11:51:05 PM
Well, nothing but deviant material there. <g>

On 11 Sep 2006 16:51:05 -0700, "Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]"
<jason.fenter@teamsybase.com> wrote:

>When I was at Greyhound, they almost blocked www.techno-kitten.com
>

>Terry Voth wrote:
>> That's nasty. Not here. Mind you, the other day I got Boing-Boing blocked.
>> (Someone's got a dirty mind....)
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general/browse_thread/
>> thread/a9cb848e1b3a4642/8987fae9a0118fe9?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1#8987fae9a0118fe9
>>
>> The same old caveats: If your reader wraps it, you may have to piece it back
>> together into one line, blah, blah, blah.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>>
>> On 11 Sep 2006 09:59:43 -0700,
>>  in sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion
>> Stephanie Young <stephanie.youngN_O_S_P_A_M@standardregisterD_0_Tcom> wrote:
>>> ours too - same message about anonymizing servers
>>>
>>> "Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]" <nospambgasinatdynamictechgroupdotcom@> wrote in
>>> message news:d2tag21fajrdrg1rg3q1c1r8ba4ji0p83u@4ax.com...

0
Terry
9/12/2006 3:09:55 AM
 Yep .. its blocked for me too!

"Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]" <nospambgasinatdynamictechgroupdotcom@> wrote in
message news:d2tag21fajrdrg1rg3q1c1r8ba4ji0p83u@4ax.com...
> On 10 Sep 2006 17:43:52 -0700, Terry Voth <sequel@techno-kitten.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Please see http://tinyurl.com/qfj38 for a similar discussion just the
> >other week. Some people will say anything to further their agenda. Did
> >you know that 83% of all quoted statistics are made up? <g>
>
> Wow,  My client corp firewall is now blocking tinyurl.com   That is
> silly.   The site doesn't hide anything, just redirects...
>
> Is anyone else's company blocking tinyurl.com?   I have been using it
> for years.  Hate to stop now...

0
Chris

Future of Powerbuilder
Hi, Has anyone seen the article in computerworld issue of sep 27th 1999 - The Future of Powerbuilder? Looks like it is time to jump out of the ship! Thanks ComputerWorld!!! What a piece of .... I haven't read the article, but I don't have to. I had a subscription to ComputerWorld once. ComputerWorld was one of the biggest fans of the Apple is dead movement. Guess they were wrong there... The journalism in that magazine is terrible. Over the course of a year subscription, I read most of the articles for about six months. Then I threw it away until the subscription ...

The future of PowerBuilder...
That subject line should get your attention. <g> I'm very pleased with the participation in this group. We've obviously provided a well for a very thirsty group of developers! As you may or may not know, PB 9 is about to go into Beta and the feature set has pretty much been frozen. I know a lot of these requests are for very useful features and hopefully many will some day be incorporated into PB. I don't know what can be done for PB 9 at this point. Just don't want to falsely get people's hopes up. What I would like to do, is raise the discussion to a h...

The future of Powerbuilder
I am looking for opinions and viewpoints. I think Powerbuilder has 2 distinct and quite different markets. The small to medium sized software market and corporate IT market. In the software market where results are easy to measure on the bottom line I think PB is doing just fine. The productivity, efficiency and swift development process suites that market just fine. Just keep your customers happy. I am amazed at what I have seen in PB based software packages considering the total lack of documentation. That speaks volume on the capabilities of PB if you just get into it. O...

PowerBuilder future
I wonder what is the future of PB. I have just saw an article which Jhon Chen (Sybase CEO) says the following: According to Chen the company had become over-diversified, and lost sight of its core competencies. "A lot of our businesses were very inefficient," he explains. "I was asking, 'why are you doing this?' You know we had an SAP consulting business - what for? We had a product that competed with Microsoft Visual Basic - what for? I had to get rid of some bits and pieces." In my understanding, the only Sybase product that have competed with VB is...

Future of Powerbuilder
Hello Every one!!, Could any body tell me for how long the demand for powerbuilder programmer exists... the recent trend shows everything is going on to be web dependendent. I'm bit worried ab't security of my job.. i'm with PB since the release of Ver.4.0.. and bit reluctant to leave PB now. could anybody suggest me whether should i move on to Java or simillar techonologies or should i get along with PB?? Please respond to me... Thanks!! Regards, Dhawan. It never hurts to expand your skillset by picking up new languages. PowerBuilder is still going strong, Syb...

POWERBUILDER FUTURE?
i am in Powerbuilder for past 4 Years.....currently i am in india. But my projects are in my last 4 years almost maintenance & migration to advanced techniques...almost zero development and the sad news is ,powerbuilder developers are very less when compared to advance techniques... u know the PB versions are also coming yearly once & introducing new concepts also almost not useful(i discussed with lot of PB developers almost they are not using the advance techniques) so everybody is going slowly out of PB technology... In india last few years Pb usage is re...

Future of Powerbuilder
Hi, Has anyone seen the article in computerworld issue of sep 27th 1999 - The Future of Powerbuilder? Looks like it is time to jump out of the ship! Thanks Bala wrote in message <#AImoYME$GA.270@forums.sybase.com>... >Hi, > >Has anyone seen the article in computerworld issue of sep 27th 1999 - >The Future of Powerbuilder? >Looks like it is time to jump out of the ship! Except you should not believe everything you read. I remember the mutterings after PB 6.5 and currently Sybase is shipping EAS which PB 7.0 forms part of. Again I was at Sybase TechW...

The Future of PowerBuilder
Hello! Earlier this year, I came across an article in one of the weekly industry newspapers that stated that Sybase was telling major customers that PowerBuilder will be discontinued after version 8.0. (I can't remember which newspaper had the story and I can't seem locate it by doing a Google search. But I'm not making this up - I really did see it.) At the PowerBuilder Information Site ( www.justpbinfo.com ) I came across the following article: ------------------------------------------------ The Future of PowerBuilder Is there life after PowerBuilder 8? Rum...

Future of PowerBuilder #2
Hi, Can anybody point me to a good documentation or an article about the future or the prospect of PowerBuilder?? Any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks AK; There are MANY threads in sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussions NG. Here is a link to a very knowledgeable website: (http://www.techno-kitten.com/Changes_to_PowerBuilder/powerbuilder_s_future2 /powerbuilder_s_future2.html) HTH, Austin <AK> wrote in message news:3f3bf83f.5e1.846930886@sybase.com... > Hi, > Can anybody point me to a good documentation or an article > about the future or t...

Future of IT and place for PowerBuilder???
Hi all: As you know, we've gone through many changes in IT: 1. Mainframe Computing 2. Client Server 3. Distributed (3-Tier) 4. Distributed (N-Tier/Web) Given the fact that there's a possibility of great improvements in network speeds and improved deployment methods, which of the following in your opinion would become popular? 1. Thin-client, multi-tier, non-browser based technology become popular (and hence boost PB market???) 2. Thin-client, multi-tier, browser-based web-technology (featuring rich-client look) (and consequently PowerBuilder would evolve into a web...

The future of powerbuilder #3
Hi, all I do like powerbuilder, especially the DataWindow, but it seems powerbuilder developer is not popular recent days. I'd like to know what is the future of PowerBuilder? Thanks "Taoge" <luxiaotao@hotmail.com> wrote: > I do like powerbuilder, especially the DataWindow, but it seems > powerbuilder developer is not popular recent days. I'd like to know what > is the future of PowerBuilder? http://www.techno-kitten.com/Changes_to_PowerBuilder/powerbuilder_s_future/powerbuilder_s_future.html Dmitri. Dmitri, do You like the ...

PowerBuilder futures webcast...
December 11 and 12 http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,1022611,00.html?source=newsgroups From the webpage: "Join Dr. Raj Nathan, Senior VP and GM of the Sybase Enterprise Solutions Division, for his Webcast presentation on the future of PowerBuilder! IT executives, directors, managers, and developers won�t want to miss this! Dr. Nathan will discuss the state of the applications market, the industry segments in which PowerBuilder is situated today and will be in the future, and the strategic thrusts for PowerBuilder going forward." Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybas...

The Future of Powerbuilder #2
I work for a fortune 500 company who is looking at developing a client server software package. It is of course geared to be web enabled as well as normal client server. As a Powerbuilder and Visual Basic programmer for more than 8 years I believe that going with Powerbuilder on this project is a good decision, my colleagues and managers does not. It has been rumored for some time now that Powerbuilder is dying a slow but eminent death and I'm rather saddened by this since I personally feel Powerbuilder is a great tool to work with. I couldn't find any substantial informa...

JAVA PowerBuilder future
Hi: For Pb 6.0 users How is java been utilized by the new version and do you think a good knowledge in Java will be helpful Thank you ...

Web resources about - As he is the future real of PowerBuilder? - sybase.powerbuilder.futures

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles