XML in Powerbuilder

Is there functionality in Powerbuilder 7 or 8 for XML?  Where could I find
out more about it?
0
Jonna

There is no built-in XML support in PB7 or 8. PB9 will feature an XML parse
and XML export/import support in the datawindow/datastore.

In the meantime, you are limited to string concatenation and using the
Microsoft MSXML parser via OLE automation.

--
<hopethishelps/>
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

<Jonna> wrote in message
> Is there functionality in Powerbuilder 7 or 8 for XML?  Where could I find
> out more about it?

0
Roy

Convert datawindow to XML in Powerbuilder 7
how do I convert my datawindow to xml file? I am using powerbuilder 7. Thank =) You have two choices: 1. By hand. Loop through the rows and columns and parse the XML together. 2. Upgrade to PB9, which was when XML export was introduced as a native functionality. On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 00:28:19 -0700 (PDT), d3t <d3t21985@gmail.com> wrote: >how do I convert my datawindow to xml file? I am using powerbuilder 7. >Thank =) I guess I can't upgarde my pb7 to pb9 since all of our applications are already running in pb7. Upgarding might cause a lot of problems ...

Powerbuilder Datawindow
Hello, Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid etc. Thanks Chris What would you use the DataWindow for then? To retieve the datawindow into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid? I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it... On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote: >Hello, > >Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using >Datawindow.NET just by using common control...

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

XML and PowerBuilder
Is anyone aware of an XML parser/utility which can be used with PowerBuilder? (DLL or something similar?) Regards Thomas Kellerer ========================================================== Who is user GENERAL FAILURE and why is he reading my disk? ...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

PowerBuilder with XML
Hi: I suggest that PowerBuilder support XML.If PowerBuilder have XML function or component,it will be much better than Delphi! Barkely I agree. With the database world increasingly dominated by XML, I find that searching the (beta) help files for PB8 there is not a single mention of XML, like this has passed by the folk at Sybase. What we need, at the very least, is a datawindow to output XML and accepts XML as input. I guess we will have to wait for PB9 now "Barkely" <barkelyhwang@mpinfo.com.tw> wrote in message news:...

How PowerBuilder interacts with XML?
As far as I know, PowerBuilder is not directly supporting XML but, is there any way how we can interact PB with XML. Thanks for the help. Vasu What exactly is it that you need to do? Parse XML? Generate XML from back-end data? What kind of application is this? A fat client, a distributed client, a Jauar client? You have a few options, depending on the above: 1. Use a COM or C++-based XML parser, like MSXML (Microsoft) or Xerces (Apache) 2. If you are using an application server (Jaguar for example) you can use a Java component that does the parsing for you and returns results...

XML Parser for PowerBuilder?
Anybody know if there is such a thing. Hi developer, I would search the internet for an OCX that can do this. You can use OCXs in PB.... -- Gegroet - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 developer <nospam@firstam.com> schreef in berichtnieuws CEFCPlGL$GA.256@forums.sybase.com... > Anybody know if there is such a thing. > > ...

Powerbuilder
We're developing a to-sell-system for the restaurants industry. The system has PC and handheld (PocketPC) interfaces. I would like to use PowerBuilder to develop the UI, but I need to know if it is supported the development for the handhelds interface too?? and which specialized (good looking) forms or buttons I could use for the development?? This forum is for source code control questions - better to post in the general forum.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. <Mynor_Paredes> wrote in message news:F5DFEA0D01AB9EB700...

powerbuilder
i'm looking into evaluating powerbuilder and was just wondering if powerbuilder has a COM/CORBA interface. In addition, will powerbuilder accept incoming XML streams? PowerBuilder can generate COM components, although they are actually Com-Wrappered PB components. The CORBA interface hooks into Sybase EAServer, and there's limited access to other CORBA servers. PB cannot accept XML streams natively, but you can implement the MSXML interface without a great deal of difficulty. What's your goal in your evaluation and what are you comparing to? regards, Bill al ...

Web resources about - XML in Powerbuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles