What event triggers when columns in a grid are resized...?

Is there any event that triggers when I resize the columns of a grid (using
the mouse)? An event other then the "other" event...

Thanks,

ICE

0
ICE

ice,

as far as i know, none. here is what i did to catch the resize.

1. store the x and width properties of each column in instance variables
(associatve arrays), but you can use regular arrays.

2. script the lbuttondown event: check if the user pressed the left mouse
button on the header of the dw, if yes, set a boolean instance variable.

3. script the lbutton up event: if the boolean var from step 2 is set, check
if any of the columsn changed their x/width. if yes, unset the boolean var,
update the x/width coordinates, fire the custom resize event/function.

good luck,
pavel

"ICE" <ICE@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Is there any event that triggers when I resize the columns of a grid
(using
> the mouse)? An event other then the "other" event...
>
> Thanks,
>
> ICE

0
Pavel

Which Event when resizing a column in Grid Datawindow ?
Does anybody know if an event occured when i resize a column in a Grid datawindow ? Is there another way to know when a column is resized ? Thanks for help. -- Arnaud Bauer - Jehier Ing�nierie Informatique 49120 CHEMILLE - FRANCE Tel : 02.41.49.80.81 http://www.jii.fr There isn't such an event. I guess you could code a timer event that checks it to the previous value. Sorry. -- Dawn T Brown Eyes (TeamPS) Arnaud Bauer <arnaud.bauer@jii.fr> wrote in article <370C6054.158A271C@jii.fr>... > Does anybody know if an event occured when i resize...

Event for column move/resize in grid datawindow
It would be very very helpful if an event on the datawindow control would fire when a column in a grid datawindow was moved or resized by the user. Like a ColumnResizing event with dwo, row, oldHeight, oldWidth, newHeight, newWidth parms. Of course in a grid you would have a null dwo if it was just a pure vertical resize and row would be null if it was a pure horizontal resize as all columns or rows, respectively, would get the effect. I'd go for that. I bet it would be a pretty easy thing for Sybase to implement as well. -EGM M. Searer <nospam@nospam.com> wrot...

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

Grid Datawindow and resize columns
Hi. My datawindows are Grid type, the property "MouseSelection", on the first tabpage, is unchecked. It's posible resize the columns without that property active? TIA In PB 8.0, I can resize columns in a grid window with Mouse Selection checked or unchecked. Resizing columns doesn't require being able to select them. The icon for selection and resize is different. Selection is the normal arrow and resize is the vertical bar with 2 horizontal arrows, 1 to pointing to each side. jo in okc "Luis Cortes" <cortesgl@corp-ods.com> wrote ...

not resizable column for grid datawindow!!!!
On a per-column basis, or for the whole datawindow in general? Because you can already turn it off for the whole thing... -- "Don't just fix; teach." Some informative links: news:news.announce.newusers http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/ http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html On a per-column basis. Because there are picture or button object in some columns. And if you resize this colums, pictures show larger then original. "Jason...

What event is triggered when resizing a column?
Can someone tell me what event is triggered when a column is resized? Thanks, D ...

prevent resize columns in grid datawindow
Hi, here's my question: I have grid style dw with some columns in it that should not participate on the column resize feature of the grid style dw. Because those columns contain bitmap expressions they should not resize. Otherwise the bitmap being displayed resizes too. That's not what I want. For the columns containing text data resizing should be valid. Background: Formerly I used a list view control, but the listview can only handle display one picture column. That's why I used a dw. But column resizing must be generally available except those columns who contain bitmap expressions. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Thorsten To stop the bitmap resizing, copy the width valueinto the expression for Width. This will not stop you resizing the column, but will stop the bitmap being resizied within it. HTH Simon Thorsten Kummer <Kummer@planet.de> wrote in message news:387CA674.2D066317@planet.de... > Hi, > here's my question: > > I have grid style dw with some columns in it that should not participate > on the > column resize feature of the grid style dw. Because those columns > contain bitmap expressions they should > not resize. Otherwise the bitmap being displayed resizes too. That's not > what I want. > For the columns containing text data resizing should be valid. > > Background: > Formerly I used a list view control, but the listview can only handle > display...

Grid Datawindow Column Move Event?
Does anyone now if there is an event that can be mapped on a datawindow control that fires when a column is moved on a grid datawindow? IIRC, there's not. You'll have to use the events associated with the mouse buttons. It's been discussed before; a thorough search at http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search should give you the answers you need. HTH <Ron_Eyink> wrote in message news:E1798B98E06A9BBE007B107685256B05.007B108585256B05@webforums... > Does anyone now if there is an event that can be mapped on a datawindow > control that fires when a col...

Datawindow grid style column resize
It's possible that my cuestion sounds stupid, but is there a way in the datawindow designer to define the column width in a grid datawindow (numerically)? I can do it with the mouse and with edit source, but I don't found a property to set the column width. Thanks, Alex B. No - that's a "feature" of the grid datawindow. In the Preview pane, you can grab and resize column widths (but you have to have gridlines ON) -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] Cynergy Systems www.cynergysystems.com "Alex Bibiano" <abibiano@nikel.es> wrote in m...

PB10 Grid Datawindow Resize Column
I have migrated an application from PB7.0.3 to PB10 and I am having problems resizing columns at run-time on a grid datawindow which has the grid setting turned on and Column Moving and Mouse Selection both checked. The datawindow is part of a "Preview" feature of the application which allows users to modify the look of a view by changing column width, sort order, etc. Any ideas? Thank you, Create a grid dw in PB10. Do you have the same problems? I was able to create one and didn't. This may be a migration issue. If so I would recreate the datawindow. Dawn &g...

grid: column move/resize event and selection
I'm using a grid-style datawindow and would like to be able to perform various tasks when a column is resized or moved. Do those actions trigger any events which I can use to detect their occurrence? Also, I do have Mouse Selection turned off, so that clicking in the grid cells doesn't cause any selection. However, if I click on the column label (e.g. to move the column), the column still gets selected (though drawn differently than how the row gets selected). Is there any way to disable the column selection so that doesn't occur? Alternatively, is there any way to clea...

Column resize in a grid datawindow in a tab contril
I have a grid style datawindow sitting in a tabpage of a tab control. The users would like to adjust the column widths sometimes. When the edge of a column is clicked the divider bar comes up as if to allow the resize but when the mouse is moved to a new width, the column only resizes a small amount and the cursor turns into the dragdrop icon. In a normal window, it seems the grid datawindow resizes just fine. Is there some sort of problem within a tabpage? Jerry OBrien You have a conflict between the resizing/moving feature of the grid DW and the dragdrop feature of the D...

resizing the computed column width in a grid datawindow
How can i resize the width of a computed column to the length of the text in the column to display the entire text. You'll have to use a set of API to determine actual number of PBU needed to display a full text using current font settings. There's no way to do that in native PB code. I can give you code example if needed. "Sukhvinder Singh" <sukhvinder@defactoinfotech.com> wrote in message news:435f10bc@forums-1-dub... > How can i resize the width of a computed column to the length of the text > in the column to display the entire text. > ...

Disable resize on one column in a grid datawindow
Hello, I am attempting to disable the resize functionality for one column in my grid datawindow. I would like to have all other columns in the datawindow resizeable. I have reviewed the powerbuilder help and found the column property 'resizeable', but it does not seem to ever prevent resize on the column. dw_details.Modify("display_order.Resizeable=0") I am using Powerbuilder 11.1 Build 8204 Any help on disabling resize on one column would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Karen See attached <Karen Bailey> wrote in message news:48497e4f.4394....

Is any event called before the resize-event in a datawindow
Hello, I posted this a few days ago: I want several resitrictions on the possibility for a user to resize my datawindow: I've been told, that this Event triggers before the resize-event of a window: pbm_getminmaxinfo and you can use it to do restrictions however, it works with Windows, but not with my datawindow (the pbm_getminmaxinfo - Event is not triggered) Just now I am doing the restricions in the resize - event, but it does not look good. So, my question: Is there any event in a datawindow, that is called just before the resize event? Thank you very much...

Column resize in Grid having Grid mode Off
Hi All I need to automatically resize the width of all the columns in a Grid Datawindow depending upon the maximum length of the data in the columns. The Grid should not be displayed so I had to set the grid to "OFF" which causes the Mouse selection to be "off" as well. This changes needs to be done in a generic format so that it can be implemented across all the datawindows which is there. Any suggestions? -Nikhil http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode/griddemo.zip > > I need to automatically resize the width of all the > columns in a G...

resize
In previous versions of PB there was the ability in a grid data window to resize a column. Also there was the ability to hide a column by keeping the mouse clicked and pass to other column but now in order to hide a column you must keep the mouse clicked and go exactly to the begin of the column which is very difficult. If you keep the mouse clicked and pass to the previous column the column does not resize =96 hide. I was able to do this in previous versions of PB. My current version is 9.0.1 build 7204. Please give me an answer if this is a bug and if your planning to fix it. ...

Using a Powerbuilder system event to trigger another event.
Hello, I am using PB 7.0.3 and would like to run an executable outside of PB when a developer performs a rebuild or creates an executable. Is there a system event in PB that I could use to trigger the executable or any other way to do this automatically? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Matt You can't rewrite PB sin ce you don't have the source code. PB8 has command line options to build executables, etc. Here's a clip from online help "What's new in PB8": This example opens the workspace called CDShop, builds and deploys the tar...

How to make DataWindow column resizable like Excel column
Does anyone know how to make DataWindow column behave like Microsoft Excel column. When user expanses or reduces a column, other columns should slid accordingly. What you're describing is native to the grid style. Is that not what you're using, and if not, should you be? <g> Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On 10 Sep 2003 07:33:26 -0700, James S wrote: >Does anyone know how to make DataWindow column behave like >Microsoft Excel column. When user expanses or reduces a >column, other columns should slid accordingly. Sequel&...

Moving columns in Grid Datawindows using datawindow painter -PB 8
I know - Evita - AGAIN???? :-) This is for my teammate who's going crazy. He has a grid datawindow of 4 columns and wants to move say column 4 between current columns 1 and 2 but whatever he does WON"T let him slide it over. Is there some setting he needs to set someplace or is he stuck? Thanks -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst Command Technlogies, Inc I'm not meaning when it's running...In design we need the column moved over from where it was (column 4) to where it needs to be (between current columns 1 and 2) Thanks Evita <Victo...

grid-column resize
Is there any way to restrict user from resizing a column-width in a grid datawindow? (I mean by dragging the vertical lines that seperate columns in a grid dw) any suggestions appreciated. Tabular? I would like to have the dw in grid format. the reason I want to restrict resizing is, I made the first column in the datawindow "display as picture" that can be clicked by user to do some work. The problem is, since its a column, user can also resize it and deformat the bitmap associated with it. The same effect takes place even if I place a command button object in data...

Event for column resizing
Hi, Which event is triggerred when a column is resized in a grid datawindow ? TIA Michel You'll need to use pbm_lbuttondown and pbm_dwnlbuttonup In pbm_lbuttondown, store PointerX() in an instance variable In pbm_dwnlbuttonup, check whether PointerX() has changed (ie a column has been resized or moved) HTH Simon Michel Morin wrote in message ... >Hi, > >Which event is triggerred when a column is resized in a grid datawindow ? > >TIA > >Michel > > ...

Resizing columns on a datawindow
Is there a way to resize the columns on a datawindow as the datawindow control resizes? This sounds simple, but I have yet to find a way to do this. Am I missing something? -- Greg Holliday DODGE/Rockwell Automation ggholliday@dodge.ra.rockwell.com Look in help under setformat syntax dwcontrol.SetFormat ( column, format ) this is the example string format1 format1 = "$font=* charset='iso8859-1' code=35 TeX='\num ' descr='[num]',font=* charset='iso8859-1' code=35 TeX='\num ' descr='[num]'font=* charset='iso88...

Event for resize column
I'm forced to use Event which triggers when user move or resize any column in DW, but i cant find it. :-( ItemChanged() and EditChanged() are useless because of they acts on fields but not clumns. -- Regards, Andreev V. Pavel. PB 8.0.1. Build 9056. Obninsk, Kaluga st., Russia Sorry for my English. :-( You already asked this question 4 hours ago - be patient, I'm sure someone will answer it soon ;-) -- All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of my employer "Andreev Pavel" <pavandr@mail.ru> wrote in message new...

Web resources about - What event triggers when columns in a grid are resized...? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Trigger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pop Trigger (@PopTrigger) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Pop Trigger @ PopTrigger ...

LIFTTT - Location Triggers for IFTTT on the App Store on iTunes
Get LIFTTT - Location Triggers for IFTTT on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Deadpool II (Trigger Happy!) by Wickedm6 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Had a lot of fun shooting Black Cat and Wickedm6 at Sydney's Cockatoo Island. There's no shortage of great spots for photography (too many to ...

Mi.Mu Gloves trigger YMCA using American Sign Language - YouTube
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mimu/mimu-glove-for-music/ Mi.Mu team member Kelly Snook and new Kickstarter Collaborator Ashley Southall ...

Sunspots facing Earth may trigger blackouts
In about a week, an area of sunspots will be pointed direct at our planet.

Suspicion triggers swift response from the bookies
Perhaps the answer to where match and race fixers can be accommodated by bookmakers came from the 36th Asian Racing Conference at Mumbai in India ...

Today’s apps gone free: Piloteer, Trigger Points, Jigsaw Wonder Polar Bears and more
Strap on your jetpack and complete missions, discover your trigger points, and complete arctic puzzles with todays collection of apps and games. ...

Merkel Back in Turkey as Syria Push Triggers More Refugees
Bloomberg Merkel Back in Turkey as Syria Push Triggers More Refugees Bloomberg Chancellor Angela Merkel returns her focus to Turkey this week ...

Winter thaw triggers early sap run in maple syrup country
Warm winter has launched an early start to the syrup season for some producers in parts of New England