Using the column value of another row in computed column.

Hi fellow PBer's,
I am having trouble figuring out how to reference the column value of a specific
row.  In the computed columns property sheet, I select the "More" button to
modify the columns expression.  The way I understand help is to specify
columnname[integer] where integer is the number of rows (positive or negative)
relative to the current row (ie Total[-1] would be the value of the Total column
in the previous row.  However, I cant seem to get this to compile in the modify
expression painter.  I am using PB5.0 on Win95.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Ken Zuver

Ken,

Are you sure that the column name "Total" is being recognized by the DW
painter ? What happens if you just use the name "Total" as the expression -
it should compile and display the same value a second time in the same row.
If this does work, then "Total[-1]" should work. Of course, to prevent
runtime errors, I would put this within an If statement "If (GetRow()>1,
Total[-1], 0)".

HTH

Sanjiv Das [TeamPS]

K. Zuver <stocksim@aol.com> wrote in message
ubgDuukD#GA.164@forums.powersoft.com...
>Hi fellow PBer's,
>I am having trouble figuring out how to reference the column value of a
specific
>row.  In the computed columns property sheet, I select the "More" button to
>modify the columns expression.  The way I understand help is to specify
>columnname[integer] where integer is the number of rows (positive or
negative)
>relative to the current row (ie Total[-1] would be the value of the Total
column
>in the previous row.  However, I cant seem to get this to compile in the
modify
>expression painter.  I am using PB5.0 on Win95.  Any help would be greatly
>appreciated.
>
>Ken Zuver

0
Sanjiv