Using Nested Report without Print-Preview Mode

Hello all,

I'm from mainland China and using PB.

Does anybody have any suggestion of how to insert a nested report, while not
in print preview mode?

I want my user view and select the master table, and view each master's
detail table lines, but not select them.

I cannot use group style, since in group style user can tab into  columns in
detail band, but not group band. Now I want my user tab into "group" band,
but not "detail" band.

Thanks a lot.

Forest Zhu

0
jinwei

The bad news is, it can't be done.
1) Only the columns in the Detail band are available for data entry.
2) When you use Nested Reports, you are forced into "Print Preview" mode.

You'll have to approach this from another angle, perhaps Master-Detail
datawindows.

Paul Horan CPD-P
VCI
Springfield, MA

jinwei wrote in message ...
>Hello all,
>
>I'm from mainland China and using PB.
>
>Does anybody have any suggestion of how to insert a nested report, while
not
>in print preview mode?
>
>I want my user view and select the master table, and view each master's
>detail table lines, but not select them.
>
>I cannot use group style, since in group style user can tab into  columns
in
>detail band, but not group band. Now I want my user tab into "group" band,
>but not "detail" band.
>
>Thanks a lot.
>
>Forest Zhu

0
Paul

How to print the report using crystalreportviewer without going for preview and print settings.
Hello,   I want to print the report using crystal report viewer. but i dont want to go for printpreview in the crystal report viewer. i want to give the print directly (mainly i dont want any print related dialogbox). and also i want to set the printpage settings like orientation, size by coding. I cant find any help. can anyone help me...   Thanks in advance.      Hi Rameshmsc85, Welcome to our forum. But this queue is mainly about Ajax. So I guess that you should post it here.  Thanks. Best regards, JonathanJonathan ShenMicrosoft Online Communit...

omit the print preview in a datawindow where a nested report is inside
Hi, is it possible to omit the print preview in a datawindow where a nested report is inside? That means i want to display the datawindow in the normal mode on the screen and not having a page break and the blue line around the datawindow. Thanx in advance for any idea! Dietmar Dietmar Fuchs wrote: > Hi, > > is it possible to omit the print preview in a datawindow where a nested > report is inside? That means i want to display the datawindow in the normal > mode on the screen and not having a page break and the blue line around the > datawindow....

Print and print preview file on the website without using the File
Hi everyone, Is there any source code or help I can use to print and print preview my file on the IE and print the file using my own command instead of using the IE Print command. Please do reply me. Your help is greatly appreciated. Best regards....

Composite Datawindow Truncates Lines from Nested Report when opened in preview mode
Hi.We have been facing a problem with display of composite datawindows containing nested reports.When the datawindow is opened in preview mode some of the lines in the bigger rows get truncated and this varies from monitor to monitor.As the detail band is moved lower and lower less data gets truncated.Isn't the autosize height property supposed to take care of that.(I have this property set on all columns and bands).This problem is only in display and when the report is printed out it appears perfectly fine.Could someone please help. Thanks, Goutam Did you resolve this? ...

how to print crystal report without print preview
I am using VS dot net 2005 and use crystal report for reporting purposes. So my crystal report working properly. but I want to print two seperate crystal repot one after the other (without popup any dialog box) by clicking button . how can I do this?Chandana...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

Print Preview for Nested report
Hi everyone, I have the following code in my Print Preview button for a Nested Report : IF dw_report_template.Event pfc_printpreview() THEN dw_report_template.inv_printpreview.of_SetZoom() END IF In the constructor event of dw_report_template i have the following code: call super::constructor;//Set the Read Only property for the Datawindow object.datawindow.readonly = "yes" dw_report_template.object.datawindow.readonly = "yes" // enable reporting services this.of_SetReport(TRUE) // enable print preview service this.of_SetPrintPreview(TRUE) // ena...

Why nested report is in preview mode?
I have a nested report and when I run the report, it automatically displays in print preview mode with a blue border and a 1/2 inch margin around it !! How can I get rid of this border AND the margin? Hiren Sheth Bad news. As soon as you use a nested report, you will always preview the datawindow in Print Preview mode. You can turn off Rulers, but you'll always have the blue margin border and the margins. Paul Horan VCI Buffalo, NY Hiren Sheth wrote in message ... >I have a nested report and when I run the report, it automatically displays >in print previe...

using nested reports in a datawindow
i have a nested report in a datawindow.when i retrieve the main datawindow, the nested dw shows only one page of data, but actually it has more than one page of data. when i retrieve the nested dw alone it shows all pages of data.but when i retreive the main dw which has the nested dw it shows only one page for the nested dw.can anybody help me in this issue. thanks andrew ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ------------------------------------------- I have the same trouble with a nexted dw. Anybody? Thanks,...

Nested Datawindow used for Report
We are experiencing a problem with a nested datawindow we are using to create a report. The nested datawindow contains only one field, which may or may not contain data for each detail line in the report. The problem is that when the report originally displays in a preview window the first page displays all the information correctly. However, as the user continues to page thru the report some of the information does not display, even though the information is stored in the database. After the second or third page of the report no information is displayed in the nested datawindow. ...

Nested reports using External datawindows
Hi I have created an external datawindow with 10 fields, which gets pasted from a pre-retrieved dw. This works fine when the set of data is single. But I don't understand what I am supposed to when multiple set of data is retrieved? Any suggestion on this would be appreciated. thx Externals make sense for nested reports on composite DWs because each nested report has only one instance. However, it makes less sense to use externals for reports nested within the detail band of a non-composite because there will be an instance of the nested report for each master row. You can still...

Datastore using Datawindow with Nested report
Hi ! I want to create a bill in a datastore on a server in a client/server architecture. (All my datawindows are external !) ========================================================= The following instructions work fine with a datawindow control ! lds_consommation = create datastore lds_consommation.dataobject = "d_bill_consom" lds_consommation.InsertRow(0) lds_consommation.setitem(1,"amount"," 3802") dw_1.Object.dw_consommation.Object.Data = lds_consommation.Object.Data ========================================================= But, i have a ...

Using Nested Report for N-UP Datawindow.
Hi All, I'm having problems using Nested report Inside N-UP Datawindow. For example: My main report shows users divided in 4 areas. So I have a datawindow like: Column1 Column2 Column3 Column4 cd_user_1 cd_user_2 cd_user_3 cd_user_4 ds_user_1 ds_user_2 ds_user_3 ds_user_4 But I want to show behind each user their actions. Then I Created a datawindow that receives the cd_user (user_code) to retrieve their actions and used it as nested report behind the user columns. But When I send the argument seems that my Nested Report sends only the first ...

nested report
When I put a datawindow(nested) in another datawindow(base) the print.preview property of the base changes to print.preview = 'yes'. I need it to be 'no', cause i want the user to make changes. What may be the cause ? What do you suggest ? Thanks.... There is no way to change this. You could use a combo of other datawindows and sharedata. Ken Drendel On 13 Apr 2004 09:34:59 -0800, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow <ckizildag> wrote: >When I put a datawindow(nested) in another datawindow(base) >the print.preview property of the base...

Web resources about - Using Nested Report without Print-Preview Mode - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Curioos, Preview Art Prints on Your Wall on the App Store on iTunes
Get Curioos, Preview Art Prints on Your Wall on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Opera 26 gains bookmark sharing and import, Print Preview
... file. Also added to version 26 is a built-in Print dialog box, which works in conjunction with the default PDF viewer to deliver a Print Preview ...

Small Core Providers Pile On Plug-Ins: Print Preview
This second part of a two-part series on core processor competition is a preview from next week's print edition of Credit Union Times.

Android 5.0 Feature: Printing UI Completely Re-Done, Print Preview Added
In Android 5.0 “ Lollipop ,” Google included a brand new printing UI that now shows you a print preview before you either print a document to ...

CastAR and Holographic Print Preview for 3D Printers!
... over-top of the existing part. [Ryan] sees this as the next step in 3D printing for artists and makers because it can help give you a 3D preview ...

iPhoto 9.5.1 update fixes problem with print previews
If you're an iPhoto user who's noticed something amiss with print previews, oh boy does Apple have an update for you! iPhoto 9.5.1 , a free update ...

Chrome 13 Adds Instant Pages, Print Preview
... released the latest version of its Chrome browser, which the search giant said adds 5,200 updates, including Instant Pages and print preview. ...

PRINT PREVIEW: DiNapoli: Long term plan needed to keep state spending growth in check
GLENS FALLS The state should have a definitive plan on how to meet the goal of keeping state spending growth within 2 percent a year on a long-term ...

Print Page - Windows 8 Consumer Preview: Multi-monitor desktop video review - ExtremeTech
Microsoft has spent a lot of time convincing us that Windows 8 will work perfectly across every platform, but when it comes right down to it, ...

- FanGraphs+ - FanGraphs Baseball - http://www.fangraphs.com/plus - Yankees-Tigers ALCS Preview Posted By Dave Cameron On October 13, 2012 @ ...