Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression

Hi all,
    Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression?
For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which
reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access
properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Alex

0
Alex

You can use the Describe() function.

Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>...
>Hi all,
>    Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression?
>For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which
>reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access
>properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
>
>Alex

0
Simon
10/21/1998 8:16:58 AM
Thanks. But when I use Describe(), it only give me the original value but
not the new value.
And I want to know if I can find out columns' properties on individual
rows... What I
want to do is find out the Y & Height of columns which with Autosize Height
and Slide
Directly Above.

Alex

Simon Caldwell wrote:

> You can use the Describe() function.
>
> Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>...
> >Hi all,
> >    Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression?
> >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which
> >reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access
> >properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
> >
> >Alex

0
Alex
10/22/1998 3:30:10 AM
For this, you need to use Describe( Evaluate('expression'), row)

It's tricky, but documented pretty well in the Help.

Paul Horan
VCI
Springfield, MA

Alex wrote in message <362EA6C1.8F3EC37@hotmail.com>...
>Thanks. But when I use Describe(), it only give me the original value but
>not the new value.
>And I want to know if I can find out columns' properties on individual
>rows... What I
>want to do is find out the Y & Height of columns which with Autosize Height
>and Slide
>Directly Above.
>
>Alex
>
>Simon Caldwell wrote:
>
>> You can use the Describe() function.
>>
>> Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>...
>> >Hi all,
>> >    Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression?
>> >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which
>> >reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access
>> >properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
>> >
>> >Alex

0
Paul
10/22/1998 3:02:36 PM
Thanks. But I still can't get what I want. Since the
height AND y properties does not controlled by expressions.
I'm using Autosize Height AND Slide Direct Above for that
column. So... how can I get these properties' value? Could
you tell me more detail?

Thanks a lot!

Alex

Paul A. Horan wrote:

> For this, you need to use Describe( Evaluate('expression'), row)
>
> It's tricky, but documented pretty well in the Help.
>
> Paul Horan
> VCI
> Springfield, MA
>
> Alex wrote in message <362EA6C1.8F3EC37@hotmail.com>...
> >Thanks. But when I use Describe(), it only give me the original value but
> >not the new value.
> >And I want to know if I can find out columns' properties on individual
> >rows... What I
> >want to do is find out the Y & Height of columns which with Autosize Height
> >and Slide
> >Directly Above.
> >
> >Alex
> >
> >Simon Caldwell wrote:
> >
> >> You can use the Describe() function.

0
Alex
10/23/1998 4:19:06 AM
Ah, I see what you're asking!  Unfortunately, I don't think you can get that
information.  It's been asked here many times before, but I've never seen a
solution.
If you find one, then please post it here as many of us would love to know
it!

Simon

Alex wrote in message <363003B9.A37C7B14@hotmail.com>...
>Thanks. But I still can't get what I want. Since the
>height AND y properties does not controlled by expressions.
>I'm using Autosize Height AND Slide Direct Above for that
>column. So... how can I get these properties' value? Could
>you tell me more detail?
>
>Thanks a lot!
>
>Alex
>
>Paul A. Horan wrote:
>
>> For this, you need to use Describe( Evaluate('expression'), row)
>>
>> It's tricky, but documented pretty well in the Help.
>>
>> Paul Horan
>> VCI
>> Springfield, MA
>>
>> Alex wrote in message <362EA6C1.8F3EC37@hotmail.com>...
>> >Thanks. But when I use Describe(), it only give me the original value
but
>> >not the new value.
>> >And I want to know if I can find out columns' properties on individual
>> >rows... What I
>> >want to do is find out the Y & Height of columns which with Autosize
Height
>> >and Slide
>> >Directly Above.
>> >
>> >Alex

0
Simon

The only way I found until now to get the height of a column with the
autosize height property set:

- Create a datastore with one column in the detail band that is exactly the
same as the column in your report for which you want to determine the
height. Put the autosize height property on.

- For the detail band set the autosize height property.
Don't forget to "collapse" the detail band.

- Put the appropriate data in the column

The property datawindow.verticalscrollmaximum now contains the height of
your column. You may probably use the RowHeight datawindow painter function
also.

HTH,
Michael Homeijer
Technical Co-Ordinator at Syfact International

More tips like this one on my website: home.wxs.nl/~homeijer

Simon Caldwell wrote in message ...
>Ah, I see what you're asking!  Unfortunately, I don't think you can get
that
>information.  It's been asked here many times before, but I've never seen a
>solution.
>If you find one, then please post it here as many of us would love to know
>it!
>
>Simon
>
>Alex wrote in message <363003B9.A37C7B14@hotmail.com>...
>>Thanks. But I still can't get what I want. Since the
>>height AND y properties does not controlled by expressions.
>>I'm using Autosize Height AND Slide Direct Above for that
>>column. So... how can I get these properties' value? Could
>>you tell me more detail?
>>
>>Thanks a lot!
>>
>>Alex

0
Michael

datawindow.object.datawindow.objects ?
Hi? I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? string ls_objects ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) I hope to get a list of the controls in the datawindow objects. TIA ..Describe("DataWindow.Objects") On 5 Jan 2006 23:30:30 -0800, "Robert" <jooong@empal.com> wrote: >Hi? > >I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? > >string ls_objects >ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) > >I hope to get a list of the controls in the dataw...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Datawindow Object
Dear all, i am having one application, which will export and import the datawindow obejcts into a pbl, using libraryexport and libraryimport, i am not attaching this pbl on this application. If some user is using the datawindow object using infomaker, i dont want to export or import the datawindow object. How to find out the datawindow object is in use? any idea Regards M.S.Mylraj Try not to cross-post. -EGM Mylraj Subbiah <mylrajms@batelco.com.bh> wrote in message news:h0xDIVjvBHA.328@forums.sybase.com... > Dear all, > > i am having o...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

datawindow expressions using datacolumns from other datawindows
Is there a possibility to access datacolumns from other datawindows from a datawindow expression. In fact, I have two datawindows which have a master/detail-relation. For example I want to set a columns visible or protect property in the detail dw depending on the datavalue of a column in the master dw. Thanks Martin Martin, There is no direct way. You could, however, write a couple global functions... one to set a value, one to get a value (then call these from a computed field in the DW)... but you're probably better off doing this in a script. HTH, Greg -- ...

Binding DataWindow object to DataWindow control
When we create a datawindow object we can bind it to datawindow control which actually i dont know to do, so i have dragged and dropped the objects onto a window then the source code generated is something like this dw_window is my window dw_1 is datawindow object on the window forward global type dw_window from window end type type st_1 from statictext within dw_window end type type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window end type end forward What this line of code specify? type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window Is it that by dragging and dropping it automatically cr...

Converting datawindow objects to datawindow .Net
Hi, Can someone please list the various methods we can use to convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net object ? Thanks, Sanjay I'm lost. There's no conversion necessary. PB and DW.Net use the same datawindow objects. On 19 Feb 2007 17:46:15 -0800, Converting wrote: >Hi, > >Can someone please list the various methods we can use to >convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net >object ? > >Thanks, > >Sanjay Thanks Bruce. I probably confused you but good to know that we can modify the datawin...

Help!!! Assign Datawindow into Datawindow object
Usually I used to assign a datawindow (dw_train) in a datawindow object (dw_1) in a window is go to propertise of datawindow object and browse for datawindow. My Question:- How to this action into pb script? If you want to assign datawindow 'd_my_dw' to a dw control dw_1 in your script, you would say dw_1.DataObject = 'd_my_dw' If you are going to make an executable, do not forget to include d_my_dw in your resource file. On Fri, 04 Dec 1998 07:34:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript CKS21 <cks21@tm.net.my> wrote: >Usually I used to...

Urgent - Datawindow Object
Dear all, i am having one application, which will export and import the datawindow obejcts into a pbl, using libraryexport and libraryimport, i am not attaching this pbl on this application. If some user is using the datawindow object using infomaker, i dont want to export or import the datawindow object. How to find out the datawindow object is in use? any idea Regards M.S.Mylraj There is no "easy" way to do this. Is there a particular reason why it's ok to do it just before or after use from another workstation but not during. I'm not complete...

Describe("DataWindow.Objects") Functionality for Report DataWindow object Doesn't Work
Hello there. I want to change the nested report object(s) attributes. I had used Describe() function to get objects -("DataWindow.Objects"). After removing the tab spaces I was able to get the object name within that DW. By checking the Attributes -(ls_obj + ".Attributes") I came to know by finding "nested_argument" that the current object is (nested) report. Now if I assigned this object to the DDDWChild/Any variable it gives error either at compilation or at run time. If I created a datastore locally & assigned the dataobject of the current ...

DataWindow ColType is wrong in DataWindow Object, how do I change it?
Problem: rows = dw_1.Retrieve() crashes (returns -1) I know why it's doing it but I can't fix it. Here is what I have found. Initially I created a DataWindow Object called d_geninfo which saves data to the GENINFO table. Then, some months later, I changed the HOMEOWNER column in the GENINFO table from Char(1) to Char(16) and I created a second DataWindow Object d_geninfo_preferred that accesses the same GENINFO table. If I save data using d_geninfo_preferred that is more than 1 character long and I later retrieve it into d_geninfo it crashes. Now the goofy part. I...

Error in putting datawindow object in datawindow control
When I choose dataobject from the Datawindow Control's Property Tab and save, Powerbuilder always crashes. If I restart PowerBuilder, the dataobject is already saved. Could anybody help me??? Same thing happend to me in previous version of 902 7509 <Rachel> wrote in message news:418669eb.61f4.1681692777@sybase.com... > When I choose dataobject from the Datawindow Control's > Property Tab and save, Powerbuilder always crashes. If I > restart PowerBuilder, the dataobject is already saved. > Could anybody help me??? ...

external datawindows, ole objects and a composite datawindow
I have 5 external datawindows that I will use for printing an enrollment form. Two are purely legal text that I am using an ole(word doc) for, one will be populated using embedded sql and setitem calls, and the other two are a combination of ole and external columns. Questions: 1. Does the normal process of dw_control.settransobject dw_control.retrieve work for ole based datawindows? 2. If this is the right approach, then do I "retrieve" the ole datawindows and populate my other datawindows first and then 3. retrieve the composite datawindow for preview and print ...

Web resources about - Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo