Urgent - How to get a reference to a Nested Datawindow within another Nested Datawindow???

Dear all,

I'm using PB 6.5.1. I have a report with the following layout:
Datawindow A contain Datawindow B, Datawindow B contain Datawindow C

And I want to get a reference to Datawindow C. However, I tried to use
GetChild() for Datawindow B. It retured -1. Thus, I also tried to get
another Datawindow D which is nested in Datawindow A and no nested
datawindow nested in it. Then, using GetChild is worked for this case. Am I
missing something?? is there any other way round?? Any ideas or suggestion
are welcome. Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,
Andy Cheung

0
Andy

nested datawindow within another nested datawindow?
I was trying to create a report which has a nested datawindow within another nested datawindow, and PB didn't seem to go for this... got memory errors. Is this even possible? I searched all of the usual resources and couldn't find anything about this... maybe they assumed nobody would be dumb enough to try. thanks, Pat It is perfectly legal to have multiple levels of nested reports. However, nesting isn't supported for certain DW types like grid and n-up. Try testing your DWs on their own to ensure that they work properly. Then nest them one at a time and try to i...

Nested datawindow within a nested datawindow
I have a report, that contains a datawindow, which itself contains a datawindow. Everything is working fine until the number of retrieved lines get's over about 1100 primary and over about 3200 retrieved nested lines. Although the task manager (I'm using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 on Windows 2000) shows me, that there is still enough free memory, the data retrieval stops and Powerbuilder (or the application which called the Retrieve() method) ends itself without any error message. That allways happens when the datawindow has allocated about 70 MB of virtual memory. (About 99% of those ...

how to get the number of rows of a datawindow nested in another datawindow?
Hi All! Has anyone an idea how to get the number of rows of a datawindow nested in another datawindow? I have a datastore l_ds = CREATE datastore l_ds.dataobject = "d_invoice" l_ds.SetTransObject(SQLCA) li_rows = l_ds.Retrieve(... and so on I am able to access a value in the nested datawindow like this: l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[1] l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[2] l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[3] (d_items is the nested datawindow) But I do not know how to retrieve the number of rows of the nested...

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

No nested datawindows or n-up datawindows?
Hi: Are there no nested datawindows or n-up datawindows in Pocket? I can't seem to add them in the painter, yet the help describes the properties rows_Per_detail... Regards Currently, these DW types are not supported in PK 2.0.2. "Ignacio Mateos" <imateos@telefonica.net> wrote in message news:43282d5f$1@forums-2-dub... > Hi: > > Are there no nested datawindows or n-up datawindows in Pocket? > > I can't seem to add them in the painter, yet the help describes the > properties rows_Per_detail... > > Regards > ...

Child datawindows (Nested DataWindows)
Hello all...I was wondering... I have used Child Datawindows for quite some time under PB9.03. These are invaluable when a user is in the Parent DataWindow and must choose a value from a list of choices provided by the Child DataWindow. The kind of Child DataWindow I am talking about is a DropDownDataWindow (DDDW). This is the only kind I have ever used. I was simply wondering whether there are more kinds of Child DataWindows other than the DDDW? Any info would be greatly appreciated.:) The next most popular use is of child DWs within Composite Presentation Style parents. Nested ...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

DataWindow Within DataWindow

Get Reference to a nested datawindow
Hi all!... I have a little problem. I 'm using PB 8 and i need to get reference to a nested dw in a main dw. I have main datawindow, say dw_print, and a nested dw called dw_1. I'm trying to use dot syntax to get reference to nested datawindow dw_1, as i have read in old posts, but i take an error when applying this solution. In the old posts (relatively to PB 7) someone suggested to use this notation: ====================================================== dwcontrol.Object.nestedcontrolname { [row ] } .Object.dwcontrolname. & property { .property } { = value }...

Getting datawindow Properties from within datawindow??
PB7.0.3 hi, i would like to create a custom userObject uo_myDW that inherits from DataWindow and stuff some default behaviour into it. For a new app i'm writing, i need a pile of input windows, all sharing the same functionality. I'd like to build uo_myDW so that in incorporates all standard 'inputDW-behaviour'. Here 's what i want to do For one of these functionalities mentioned above, i need the collection of uo_myDW's columns that are 'Tab-able' (have a tabindex > 0), and store them in a instance var ids_DWColumns for future reference. ...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow
I have a nested report with 5 datawindows. There second and fourth datawindows are being set by RowsCopy function after retrieving the main datawindow. The others are retrieved. THe problem here is that when printing/displaying the datawindow there are lot of blank pages. Pl. advise THanks ramesh.subramanian@gs.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

PageCount() with Nested Datawindow in Composite Datawindow
Hi Everyone, I use PB 11.5.1 Build 4740 (last build). I have a problem when I am trying to print out a composite datawindow. I have a composite datawindow with 3 nested datawindow, when I try dw_composite.Retrieve() it works fine, but when I put dw_composite.Print(), I faced a problem with the second nested datawindow: the number of pages. For example, I have two pages and the print is "Page 2 of 2" to the first page and "Page 2 of 2" to the second one. I am using the function "page()". This just occurs to print option, when I am using retrieve op...

Printing a datawindow with a nested datawindow under Win95
Hi PB'ers We have a strange problem when trying to print a datawindow with a nested datawindow. Printing from a 32 bit (interpreted or compiled) application under windows 95, the application crashes in the Kernel32.dll. If the same application is run under NT3.51 the there are no problems. The same goes if the same application is made as a 16 bit application. (running under NT, Win3 or Win95). We have the same problem in more than one application with different datawindows being printed, but the application doesn't crash every time a datawindow with a nested datawindo...

Web resources about - Urgent - How to get a reference to a Nested Datawindow within another Nested Datawindow??? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo