Stored Procedure - DW problem

I have a DW based on a SP which requests 4 parameters (2 are optional) but
when executing a retrieve (para1, para2, para3, para4) I don't obtain any
result

The SP is executed OK in mode interactive

What's the problem?

Thanks

Alejandro

0
Alejandro

Check in detail the value of each one of your parameters. If one of them is
NULL, is probably thay your SP doesn't work.

Good Luck,

Javier Barbieri

"Alejandro G�mez" <agomez@ucv.cl> wrote in message
> I have a DW based on a SP which requests 4 parameters (2 are optional) but
> when executing a retrieve (para1, para2, para3, para4) I don't obtain any
> result
>
> The SP is executed OK in mode interactive
>
> What's the problem?
>
> Thanks
>

> Alejandro

0
Alessandro

Stored Procedure
Hi, I created a datawindow by using stored proc as datasource in PB 6.0. Db is sqlany 5.5.04. On one machine, when I tried to retrieve same datawindow from same database, it is retrieving. But on another machine, it's giving me the error column list do not match. Is it related to pbodb60.ini file? Or with Powerbuilder profile( dbparm )? I tried to change static bind = 0 to 1, but result is same. Has anyone seen before? What is the problem? TIA -- Mahendra Dhamdhere, CPDA Email:mahendrad@hotmail.com Pl. Remove nospam_ from email id ...

Problem with stored procedure datawindow
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C08078.36D407B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have converted a datawindow that had a SQL Select to a Stored = Procedure that is retrieved on a page using the HTML generator. Now the = datawindow will not retrieve. I have tried setting the weight of the = datawindow in the dw painter to all options and still no luck. I have = even hardcoded values in the retrieveex script and the datawindow does = not return any rows. The SQL Select dat...

Powerbuilder datawindow + stored procedure
database ASA 7 When we build a datawindow in powerbuilder we choose the table and the columns to build it. There is also the possibility to build a datawindow from a stored procedure. Is a stored procedure running faster because the database remembers the execution plan? Thanks Eric "ontsnapt" <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote: > database ASA 7 > > When we build a datawindow in powerbuilder we choose the table and the > columns to build it. There is also the possibility to build a datawindow > from a stored procedure. > > Is a stored...

problem with a stored procedure datawindow
I often work with datawindow based on oracle stored procedure and i never had any problem except with one. This datawindow works fine during 3 hours (approximately) and then becomes invalid. The error is : ORA-06553: PLS-707: structure non prise en charge ou erreur interne [2601] ORA-06550: Ligne 1, colonne 16:|PL/SQL: Statement ignored| which seems to be an internal error... I thought it was an instance problem and i shutdown the database and re-start it but the problem is still the same. Datawindow based on stored procedure used a cursor that is never closed. Can the problem be ...

store procedure datawindow problem
In sybase ASE 11.5, I wrote such a store procedure: CREATE PROCEDURE up_myproc (@arg_parm1 char(40), @arg_parm2 char(40) ) AS CREATE TABLE #temp_alertlist( steprec_id decimal(18,0), ifalert char(1), type char(255), content_1 char(255) null, content_2 char(255) null, content_3 char(255) null, content_4 char(255) null, windowname char(255) null ) Insert into #temp_alertlist values(....) SELECT * FROM #temp_alertlist In pb8, I made a datawindow from this store procedure, when I preview it, it returns the correct results, but when I put this datawindow in my ...

Datawindow against Stored Procedure problem
Has anyone had problems creating a datawindow against a database stored procedure? I have a simple stored procedure that returns a result set. When I try to create a tabular datawindow against the stored procedure, I click 'finish' and PocketBuilder simply disappears (without even the standard 'do you want to send the report to Microsoft' dialog box!). Thanks! Michael Frank ASA9 version 9.0.2 build 3044 PocketBuilder 2.0.1 build 688 I have no problems with this (I am running ASA 9.0.2.3124 in my tests). "Michael Frank" <mfrank.removeme...

Problems with stored procedures in a datawindow
Hi- I'm using an external datawindow which uses stored procedures for insert,=20 delete and update. I always insert a row and if I want to delete or modify a row, I fill in=20 the datawindow with the corresponding information. In order to execute the = appropriate stored procedure, I change the status flags of the row to=20 DataModified! using the SetItemStatus method (and call the deleteRow()=20 method if I want to delete the row). After that, I set the transaction I=20 want the datawindow to use and call the datawindow's of=5Fupdate() method. It executes the stored p...

Datawindow with Stored Procedure Problem
I get the message "Select error: Requested result set number 1 not found" from a datawindow when my Stored Procedure does not get a result set. It works fine when there is data returned. Normally, when no data is returned I just get zero rows returned without an error message. The Stored Procedure works fine when no data is returned outside of PB. I am using PB 7.0.2 C3 with Sybase 11. Any one have any thoughts on this one? TIA Ted Jones If you are using a datawindow, you HAVE to have a result set. That result set could contain 0 rows. If your stored procedure has a...

Oracle stored procedure problems with datawindows
Currently using oracle 8 and using a stored procedure as a source for a datawindow. when the procedure is asscoiated with the datawindow it comes up with an oracle error stating that the variabels have not been initalised. The stored proc has two in variables and an inout. Has any one had this problem and found a solution. I had this problem. But I was necessary execute a stored procedure from the script. When I checked my connect string to Oracle database in the connect script and my connect string in the database profile I found a solution this problem. For example: My con...

problem while running a stored procedure from powerbuilder
Hi, When I run a Sybase stored procedure from PowerBuilder, I get an error message as "'The parameter of type 111 did not have a valid value". What is this parameter type 111? Can anyone tell me the reason for this error and how should I resolve the same? Thanks, Nataraj PS: Sybase version is 12.5 and PowerBuilder version is 8.0.3 > Hi, > > When I run a Sybase stored procedure from PowerBuilder, I > get an error message as "'The parameter of type 111 did > not have a valid value". What is this parameter type 111? Type 111 is pro...

problem with Oracle Stored procedure datawindow
Hi : I have a datawindow with a PL/SQL stored procedure that uses REF cursors. There is one block in the PL/SQL script that has its own exception handling code to essentially ignore the no_data_found condition. When this code is included the datawindow causes a GPF. IF I don't include the code the datawindow does not GPF, but the procedure ends without really completing the process and hence no data is retrieved . I am using Oracle 8i database and Powerbuilder 7.0.1 Any tips/work arounds are greatly appreciated Thanks Medha Pai Can you show some code? -- ...

Problem in updating a stored procedure datawindow
Hi I am facing a problem while updating stored procedure datawindow. I am using PB 9 and MSSQL Server 7.0. The Stored Procedure which is fired for inserting into a table , a trigger is written on this table. Last line of trigger is creating problem is as follows - UPDATETEXT Keane_Log.details @ptrval NULL 0 WITH LOG @tmp When dw_1.Update() is issued it is giving following error - SQLDBCODE 999 ERRTEXT - Number of parameter do not agree When the above mentioned line is commented in trigger and dw_update() is fired then it is successfully updating data. Alternatively if datawin...

problem in executing the stored procedure from powerbuilder
i have a stored procedure in sybase as follows. create procedure p_tes_update_open_seats @class_id int, @enroll_cnt int, @ret_value int output as Declare @capacity int, @open_seats int Select @capacity = capacity From classes Where class_id = @class_id Select @open_seats = @capacity - @enroll_cnt Update classes Set open_seats = @open_seats Where class_id = @class_id if @@error !=0 Begin Select @ret_value = -1 End else Begin Select @ret_value = 1 End i wanted to execute the above procedure, so i wrote like the code as follows in powerbuilde...

Problem with Datawindow Stored Procedure Closing in Oracle
Has anyone run into a problem where they are using a stored procedure as the source for a datawindow, but Oracle is reporting that the cursor does not close (even if this window and datawindow are destroyed?). Is there a manual way to close the cursor (opened in a datawindow)? Thanks - Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com) www.planetdx.com What version of PB? Joe, Slawsky wrote: > > Has anyone run into a problem where they are using a > stored procedure as the source for a datawindow, but Oracle > is reporting that the cursor does not close (even i...

Problem calling DB2 stored procedure from PowerBuilder
I am trying to call a DB2 stored procedure written in Java from my PowerBuilder 8.0.3 app. (My version of UDB is 7.2 and it resides on an AIX box.) My stored proc accepts one input parameter and does not return a result set. The procedure runs fine from DB2 Stored Procedure Builder, but I have not been able to get it to work from PowerBuilder. I have tried several different ways of calling this stored proc, and none of them have worked. I have read everything I can find on the web about this, and I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have tried creating a user object o...

Web resources about - Stored Procedure - DW problem - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

NFL security procedures in question after rappelling protesters
Two protesters with sophisticated gear disrupted the Panthers-Colts game in Charlotte Monday night, bringing into question security at the stadium ...

Kim Zolciak Shares Glam Post-Heart Surgery Selfie, Calls Procedure 'a Success'
Kim Zolciak Shares Glam Post-Heart Surgery Selfie, Calls Procedure 'a Success'

Robust Growth In Procedures, Beneficial Product Mix Drive Intuitive Surgical's Strong Q3 Performance
The company’s non-GAAP gross margin improved by over 2 percentage points year-on-year due to higher average selling prices, cost savings, and ...

US AIRPORT SECURITY CONCERNS DHS to heighten procedures in light of Russian jet bombing theory, poor ...
US AIRPORT SECURITY CONCERNS DHS to heighten procedures in light of Russian jet bombing theory, poor test performances by TSA screeners

Concession: Ryan promises Freedom Caucus he’ll delay discussion of reforming procedure for removing the ...
Compromise. Like I said this morning, it sounds like they did a little horse-trading at their summit. Ryan wants them to give up their right ...