store procedure datawindow problem

In sybase ASE 11.5, I wrote such a store procedure:
CREATE PROCEDURE up_myproc
(@arg_parm1 char(40),
 @arg_parm2 char(40)  )
AS

CREATE TABLE #temp_alertlist(
 steprec_id decimal(18,0),
 ifalert  char(1),
 type  char(255),
 content_1 char(255) null,
 content_2 char(255) null,
 content_3 char(255) null,
 content_4 char(255) null,
 windowname char(255) null
)

Insert into #temp_alertlist
values(....)

SELECT * FROM #temp_alertlist

In pb8, I made a datawindow from this store procedure, when I preview it, it
returns the correct results, but when I put this datawindow in my
application and run the application, it raise the error:
database error:
error no: 277
error msg:
select error: There was a transaction active when exiting the store
procedure 'up_myproc'. The temporary table '#temp_alertlist' was dropped in
this transaction either explicitly or implicitly.This transaction has been
aborted to prevent database corruption

and it return no results!
When I worte this store procedure in SQL server, It doesn't has this
problem!
who can help me!
Thanks a lot!

0
lam

Are you doing anything else in the stored proc other than insert and
select? Have you tried executing the stored proc outside your application
like in SQL Advantage? if not, try it there first.  try to retrieve the dw
in PB.  if both are working fine then take a look at how you are retrieving
the dw in your application.
good luck!
0
Hanna
10/17/2001 3:21:56 PM
set the autocommit property of the transaction object to true and try it
again...

i hope this will work for sure...

i had something of this sort but with sybase...

all the best
0
Jagadis

Datawindow with Stored Procedure Problem
I get the message "Select error: Requested result set number 1 not found" from a datawindow when my Stored Procedure does not get a result set. It works fine when there is data returned. Normally, when no data is returned I just get zero rows returned without an error message. The Stored Procedure works fine when no data is returned outside of PB. I am using PB 7.0.2 C3 with Sybase 11. Any one have any thoughts on this one? TIA Ted Jones If you are using a datawindow, you HAVE to have a result set. That result set could contain 0 rows. If your stored procedure has a...

Powerbuilder datawindow + stored procedure
database ASA 7 When we build a datawindow in powerbuilder we choose the table and the columns to build it. There is also the possibility to build a datawindow from a stored procedure. Is a stored procedure running faster because the database remembers the execution plan? Thanks Eric "ontsnapt" <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote: > database ASA 7 > > When we build a datawindow in powerbuilder we choose the table and the > columns to build it. There is also the possibility to build a datawindow > from a stored procedure. > > Is a stored...

Stored Procedure
Hi, I created a datawindow by using stored proc as datasource in PB 6.0. Db is sqlany 5.5.04. On one machine, when I tried to retrieve same datawindow from same database, it is retrieving. But on another machine, it's giving me the error column list do not match. Is it related to pbodb60.ini file? Or with Powerbuilder profile( dbparm )? I tried to change static bind = 0 to 1, but result is same. Has anyone seen before? What is the problem? TIA -- Mahendra Dhamdhere, CPDA Email:mahendrad@hotmail.com Pl. Remove nospam_ from email id ...

Datawindow against Stored Procedure problem
Has anyone had problems creating a datawindow against a database stored procedure? I have a simple stored procedure that returns a result set. When I try to create a tabular datawindow against the stored procedure, I click 'finish' and PocketBuilder simply disappears (without even the standard 'do you want to send the report to Microsoft' dialog box!). Thanks! Michael Frank ASA9 version 9.0.2 build 3044 PocketBuilder 2.0.1 build 688 I have no problems with this (I am running ASA 9.0.2.3124 in my tests). "Michael Frank" <mfrank.removeme...

Problems with stored procedures in a datawindow
Hi- I'm using an external datawindow which uses stored procedures for insert,=20 delete and update. I always insert a row and if I want to delete or modify a row, I fill in=20 the datawindow with the corresponding information. In order to execute the = appropriate stored procedure, I change the status flags of the row to=20 DataModified! using the SetItemStatus method (and call the deleteRow()=20 method if I want to delete the row). After that, I set the transaction I=20 want the datawindow to use and call the datawindow's of=5Fupdate() method. It executes the stored p...

Problem with stored procedure datawindow
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C08078.36D407B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have converted a datawindow that had a SQL Select to a Stored = Procedure that is retrieved on a page using the HTML generator. Now the = datawindow will not retrieve. I have tried setting the weight of the = datawindow in the dw painter to all options and still no luck. I have = even hardcoded values in the retrieveex script and the datawindow does = not return any rows. The SQL Select dat...

problem with a stored procedure datawindow
I often work with datawindow based on oracle stored procedure and i never had any problem except with one. This datawindow works fine during 3 hours (approximately) and then becomes invalid. The error is : ORA-06553: PLS-707: structure non prise en charge ou erreur interne [2601] ORA-06550: Ligne 1, colonne 16:|PL/SQL: Statement ignored| which seems to be an internal error... I thought it was an instance problem and i shutdown the database and re-start it but the problem is still the same. Datawindow based on stored procedure used a cursor that is never closed. Can the problem be ...

problem with Oracle Stored procedure datawindow
Hi : I have a datawindow with a PL/SQL stored procedure that uses REF cursors. There is one block in the PL/SQL script that has its own exception handling code to essentially ignore the no_data_found condition. When this code is included the datawindow causes a GPF. IF I don't include the code the datawindow does not GPF, but the procedure ends without really completing the process and hence no data is retrieved . I am using Oracle 8i database and Powerbuilder 7.0.1 Any tips/work arounds are greatly appreciated Thanks Medha Pai Can you show some code? -- ...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Oracle stored procedure problems with datawindows
Currently using oracle 8 and using a stored procedure as a source for a datawindow. when the procedure is asscoiated with the datawindow it comes up with an oracle error stating that the variabels have not been initalised. The stored proc has two in variables and an inout. Has any one had this problem and found a solution. I had this problem. But I was necessary execute a stored procedure from the script. When I checked my connect string to Oracle database in the connect script and my connect string in the database profile I found a solution this problem. For example: My con...

Problem in updating a stored procedure datawindow
Hi I am facing a problem while updating stored procedure datawindow. I am using PB 9 and MSSQL Server 7.0. The Stored Procedure which is fired for inserting into a table , a trigger is written on this table. Last line of trigger is creating problem is as follows - UPDATETEXT Keane_Log.details @ptrval NULL 0 WITH LOG @tmp When dw_1.Update() is issued it is giving following error - SQLDBCODE 999 ERRTEXT - Number of parameter do not agree When the above mentioned line is commented in trigger and dw_update() is fired then it is successfully updating data. Alternatively if datawin...

Problem with Datawindow Stored Procedure Closing in Oracle
Has anyone run into a problem where they are using a stored procedure as the source for a datawindow, but Oracle is reporting that the cursor does not close (even if this window and datawindow are destroyed?). Is there a manual way to close the cursor (opened in a datawindow)? Thanks - Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com) www.planetdx.com What version of PB? Joe, Slawsky wrote: > > Has anyone run into a problem where they are using a > stored procedure as the source for a datawindow, but Oracle > is reporting that the cursor does not close (even i...

Problem in creatingCROSSTAB STORED PROCEDURE datawindow thro
Hi EveryBody, Iam using ORACLE( 10g Release 2 ) and Power Builder 8 for my application through ODBC driver. Iam facing a problem in creation and a crosstab stored procedure datawindow through ODBC driver. It is giving an error message like PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'SP_TESTING_STORED_PROCEDURE'. But when i use NATIVE ORACLE DRIVER for creating CROSSTAB STORED PROCEDURE DATAWINDOW, it is working fine. It is creating the datawindow and retrieving successfully. But when i used this created datawindow to retrieve data by connecting ...

Problem calling stored procedure for datawindow update
Hi All, I have a datawindow that uses stored procedures for update, insert, and delete. One of the arguments of the Insert stored procedure is mapped to a computed column. The problem I am having is that the Argument is of type SmallInt, and even though my computed column evaluates to a numeric value, it always tries to send the value as Varchar. If I try to access the computed column with powerscript I must use the GetItemNumber function, so I know the datawindow sees my computed column as a numeric type, so why does it convert it to Varchar to send it to the stored procedure? Is ...

Web resources about - store procedure datawindow problem - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo