SQL - Data Source painter in Datawindow and Sql query

pb 7.0.3

I cant seem to make the following query in SQL data source painter:

SELECT coa.coa_code, coa.account_group1, accountgroups.ac_group_code
FROM coa INNER JOIN accountgroups ON
coa.account_group1=accountgroups.ac_group_code;

it appears that the SQL data source painter in dw allows INNER JOIN where
names of columns are same in both the tables. The above works when i issues
Raw select command in my scripts or use createfromsynatx() ..

Is there a way to write manual queries that can be made as data source of a
datawindow ?

Thanks
Nohman

0
Nohman

oh well i didnt look at the join button on top of data source painter.. my
mistake

Nohman

"Nohman Ishtiaq" <nohman@cyber.net.pk> wrote in message
> pb 7.0.3
>
> I cant seem to make the following query in SQL data source painter:
>
> SELECT coa.coa_code, coa.account_group1, accountgroups.ac_group_code
> FROM coa INNER JOIN accountgroups ON
> coa.account_group1=accountgroups.ac_group_code;
>
> it appears that the SQL data source painter in dw allows INNER JOIN where
> names of columns are same in both the tables. The above works when i
issues
> Raw select command in my scripts or use createfromsynatx() ..
>
> Is there a way to write manual queries that can be made as data source of
> datawindow ?
>
> Thanks
> Nohman

0
Nohman

Datawindow SQL Painter sometimes crashes when opening SQL in PB9
We recently migrated from PB7 to PB9. I have a few datawindows that open fine in PB7 but when I open the SQL in PB9, PowerBuiler crashes. These datawindows work fine in the executable PB9 application, but I can't open the SQL. Termination error reads: "AppName: pb90.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.5507 ModName: pbsql90.dll ModVer: 9.0.0.6066 Offset: 0005c8f" I don't know of any common thread in these few datawindows that would make them have problems while most of the other datawindows do not. I noticed that a few other people have posted this (or a s...

Move SQL Source to DataWindow Painter Tab
Why do we still have to click the SQL button to switch to see the SQL behind a datawindow? WHy not move this into a tab page on the DataWindow properties in the datawindow painter? Phil Yandel Business Systems Consultant Household Technologies and Services (630)521-6160 (w) philip.c.yandel@household.com philcya@yahoo.com ' Views expressed are mine and mine alone, and do not reflect the positions of my employer! ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp My vote. Why don't you submit an enhancement request? ...

Datawindow SQL Painter crashes sometimes when opening the SQL in PB 9
I have datawindows that open fine in PB 8 and when I open the SQL in PB 9, Powerbuilder crashes. It has happened with several windows in an application that I migrated to Powerbuilder 9. These datawindows seem to work fine in the executable application but I can't open the SQL. I can't see any common thread in them. None of them are trying to open in graphics view. What database? On Fri, 30 May 2003 18:06:01 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow <jmoen> wrote: >I have datawindows that open fine in PB 8 and when I open the SQL in PB 9, &...

Problems within Datawindow Painter (SQL Painter)
When in the SQL Painter I receive a Database error when exiting and any changes to the SQL are lost. I just installed the EBF Build 8046. Within the documentation for this EBF it speaks to not being able to use '*=' any longer. We do not use that syntax but rather 'LEFT OUTER JOIN'. I copied the syntax that was in the EBF notes but this also gave the same error. Looking for someone who has had this problem and has a work around. There are things within the 8046 build that we require, but if this can not be fixed I guess I will have to go back to 8011. Than...

changing datawindow connection is breaking my datawindow SQL
Hi I have had to move a number of datawindows from Oracle 9i running on a windows 2003 to Oracle 9i on AIX 4.3.3 (which is also on a private network, and requires a VPN to connect to). In the datawindow designer, I have also had to change the database interface from O90 Oracle 9i to an ODBC datasource (because I was not able to connect). In doing so, I have had to graphically re-create all the DW SQL again because I get this error: Table "XYZ" has no columns, possible invalid table format. Do you want to continue in graphic mode? If I select "NO", the SQL is...

sql or my sql query
hi,in my database  i have the two tables...1)programs                                2)reservedin the programs...two fields 1)program id           2)maxseats................these details wil be entered by adminin the reserved table  two fileds ..1)PRogramid        2)statusmy requirement is .. i need the available seats..meansif any body is intersted in  any program...they wil select the program...then status becomes approved(1)..then i need the o/p as ...

DataWindow SQL Painter Syntax
Does anyone know what the proper syntax is for the DataWindow Painter SQL syntax to accept SQL 6.5 style JOIN statements. For example I was trying to get the SQL style statement such as this to create my datawindow : SELECT distinct CoABC_order.order_id, CoABC_order_ids.cust_order_id, CoABC_order.order_date, CoABC_order_item.prod_id, CoABC_member_a.sip_tag, CoABC_member_a.CoABC_mem_alias, CoABC_member_a.CoABC_mem_alias, CoABC_member_b.CoABC_mem_alias, CoABC_billing.last_name, CoABC_billing.first_name, CoABC_shipping.last_name, CoABC_sh...

Using SQL in datawindow painter
I have learned by trial and error some ways to use the datawindow painter to make SQL statements and computed columns. For instance on the "Computed Column" line in the SQL Select page of the datawindow painter I can do things like: 0 "copy_from" 0 || widthno grid_width ' ' linetype '000' totals_sort Is there any documentation on how to do this? How can I create columns with different data types, like decimal. The ones above are char(3), or longs, etc. Where do you learn about using ||, etc? Are there any other tricks? Thanks, paul@...

Cannot convert in DataWindow SQL Painter
Hi I'm using PB7.02 / ASA 7.0.3. When I write the following statement in the datawindow SQL painter: convert( datetime, substring( :as_Start,1,4) + '-' + right(:as_End,2) + '-1') and want to return I got the message: Cannot convert 0-0-1 to a timestamp. Version 5.5.05 of SQL Anywhere was fine with this. Any ideas. Regards Arthur ...

Can sql queries be nested in sql queries?
I am having problems with a template that uses the information from one sql query to generate a query on another table. Let me be more specific. The template in question receives a category ID value from a web page that provides a menu of several categories to choose from. Each Category ID represents several Items or products to choose from. When the template receives the category ID, the first thing it does is run a query on my item_category table (this table lists all of the items and associates them with the appropriate category). This query returns several itemIDs that are all...

sql and the datawindow
Here's a situation/question for the guru's on the board: Say I have a datawindow that pulls data from multiple tables and I need to update those several tables. I can use the datawindow and the associated transaction object to update 1 of those tables. In Powerbuilder, I would just run an update statement in SQL and everything is cool. But how do I do this in a .Net environment? Can I still use the (Sybase) transaction object to execute straight SQL (I'm thinking I can't), or do I need to use another type of transaction object? Thanks again for all the help/a...

A bug while modifying the SQL of datawindow, if there is a NVL check on any coulmn in the SQL...
PowerBuilder8.0.3 Build 9950 Windows 2000 SP3 Did any one notice the following thing:- If the SQL of a datawindow is modified in the syntax mode not graphical mode, and if there is a NVL(******) check on any of the columns in the SQL, after returning to the datawindow painter the DB Name's of some of the columns are changing strangely and those columns are disappearing from the datawindow. In the DB Name's it is putting a different table name which is there in the join, in front of a column from a different table. Is this a bug, is there any fix for this? Apprecia...

Datawindow Painter crashing when viewing SQL
I have a problem with vieweing the SQL on all datawindows. PowerBuilder crashes as soon as I try to view the SQL behind any datawindow. I can open the Datawindow painter and retreive, but it crashes when viewing the SQL. I am using PB 7.0.3 with Oracle 8 DB and oracle 9 client. Thanks, Kiril. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp > I have a problem with vieweing the SQL on all datawindows. > PowerBuilder crashes as soon as I try to view the SQL > behind any datawindow. I can open the Datawindow paint...

DataWindow Painter and MS SQL Server
My application was created using PB8.0.1 and accessed a Sybase database. All of my data windows were created without the database owner in front of the table name. We are now converting to Microsoft SQL server and now the datawindow painter wants the database owner and table name. Is there a way to get the datawindow painter to work with SQL server like it does with ASE 12.5? Yes the painter wants the prefix, but the windows should retrieve correctly at run time. I believe if you put your developers in the dbowner role in the development database the issue should go away. ...

Problem with SQL parsing in datawindow painter....
PB 6.5, NT latest and greatest when working in the datawindow painter in graphics or text mode, the following part of my SQL statement gives me an error (something like "unable to convert VARCHAR value '0' to a DATETIME field " ) Part of SQL follows..... ( pmacs_security_group.end_date > convert(datetime, :as_system_date) OR pmacs_security_group.end_date IS NULL) If I change the "OR" to a "AND" the statement gets through PB's parsing, but this is not the statement I need.... Has anyone run into this and a way to get around it? -...

Web resources about - SQL - Data Source painter in Datawindow and Sql query - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo