Setting focus to a column field

How can I set focus to a column field in the itemerror event after I have
validated something and want to set focus to another field to re-enter?
You can't use SetFocus because it kicks off the itemerror event itself, and
is not recommended in help.

1
Dan

> How can I set focus to a column field in the itemerror event after I have
> validated something and want to set focus to another field to re-enter?
> You can't use SetFocus because it kicks off the itemerror event itself,
and
> is not recommended in help.

You're right, messing with focus is asking for trouble ("focus pocus").
Try dw_1.SetColumn( "column_name" ) instead.  Be sure you use the proper
return code to either "accept value " or "reject value but allow focus to
change" or you'll still have the infinite loop / death spiral issue.

0
Brad

Set Focus on Field in Datawindow
Hi All, I have a 2 data windows, 1 which is a grid and holds all the records and the second drives off the grid to displays the details of the selected record. The user has an option to add a new record by pressing a "Add" button which creates a new record in both data windows. The problem I am having is that when a new record is created, I can't focus to a particular field on the details datawindow. I have read other articles and tried the following: dw_Name.SetColumn("first_name") But it does not focus on the field. I have checked the tab ...

Set focus on a field of a datawindows
I need to know how can i set focus on a specific field of my datawindow ? Thanks in advance adolfochairez@yahoo.com dw_1.SetColumn ('column name') dw_1.SetFocus () On 5/14/2010 12:02 PM, Adolfo Chairez wrote: > I need to know how can i set focus on a specific field of my > datawindow ? > > Thanks in advance > adolfochairez@yahoo.com ...

Set Focus on Column in external datawindow
How do I set the focus to a column in an external datawindow ? Specifically: I have an external dw with an editable column. After the user edits the column, a remote object validates the entry. If validation fails, I want the focus to go back to the column, with the text selected. I tried to use the itemchanged event (returning 1) but that seems to trigger the datawindow validation message, and I need to display different messages depending on what the user typed. SetColumn doesn't work either, the cursor always goes to the next column in the tab order. I guess the fact that I...

problem setting focus to datawindow-column
I have a screen with several datawindows on it. When the values in these dw's are checked, a message will appear and the focus should be set back to the right dw and column in that dw, but I can't get this to happen correctly. I keep getting the focus back to the first column in the first dw on the screen! When the checks are performed, a few windowfunctions are triggered, as well as a few user events. I'm under the impression that the 'getfocus'-events of all the dw's are triggered first when the messagebox disappears and the focus is back on the screen. I kn...

Set focus to a field/column in DW
Hi all, How to write the script to set the focus to a field/column in DW? Thanks! this.SetColumn('column_name') should work. HTH. Ben McBride Chan wrote: > Hi all, > > How to write the script to set the focus to a field/column in DW? > > Thanks! Try using setcolumn() and setrow(). These will set the current context, however if the row and column are not visible you also need to use scrollrotow(). Unfortuntely there is no scrolltocolumn method. -- ________________________________________________________________ Alex Whitney ...

setting the focus to a row/column of a web datawindow
Hi all, I'd like to set the input focus for a html page containing a web datawindow to a certain row and column (first row, column "username"). of the datawindow. For the time being I've succes using document.dwClient_dataForm.username_0.focus(); in a function called in the onLoad() event of the page. Just to be sure, is that the correct method to achieve what I want? I thought it should be something like dwClient.SetRow(1); dwClient.SetColumn("username"); dwClient.SetFocus(); but this fails claiming that dwClient has no properties. ...

problem setting focus to datawindow-column #2
I have a screen with several datawindows on it. When the values in these dw's are checked, a message will appear and the focus should be set back to the right dw and column in that dw, but I can't get this to happen correctly. I keep getting the focus back to the first column in the first dw on the screen! When the checks are performed, a few windowfunctions are triggered, as well as a few user events. I'm under the impression that the 'getfocus'-events of all the dw's are triggered first when the messagebox disappears and the focus is back on the screen. I kn...

set focus to first column on web datawindow
How do I have the focus set to the first column on my web datawindow when the page is loaded? Jon Groves This is not the right group for questions about HTMLDW. The right group is: sybase.public.easerver.htmldw Did you try SetColumn("columnname")? -- Rahul Jain On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:47:28 -0500, Jonathan Groves wrote: > How do I have the focus set to the first column on my web datawindow when > the page is loaded? > > Jon Groves thank you "Rahul Jain" <rahul.jain@mail.com> wrote in message news:4aocjhjv8l5u.q3uh6378neyt.dlg...

Setting calculated field into a column field
Hi All, I need to assign a result of calculated field into a column field. dw_1.object.data[1,1,10,1]=dw_1.object.calculate_1[1,10] How can l do this ? If I use a loop to assign the value the performance is too low. Any help appreciated Stefano Bullo ...

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

To set/not to set 'Visible' property of datawindow columns ?
Hello, If I have a datawindow and I have say 10 columns in the datawindow, which retrieve data, but need not be displayed... Is it advisable to set the 'Visible' property to '0' for such columns or does it have no performance impact at all ? TIA, Ganesh It's probably more advisable to delete the DW Column Objects. Deleting the objects in the presentation layer just means that the values are not visible; these data set column values are still accessible through Get/SetItem()'s, dw expressions, etc... Good luck, Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel...

Setting column's property in a datawindow from composite datawindow
Hi I know this is easy but I cant get it to work. I have two datawindows controls (dw_1, dw_2) in a composite datawindow (dw_report). I want to change Text of a header column of dw_2, so I try it using: 1. GetChild and Modify ------ datawindowchild ldw_child Int li_Rtn String ls_Error dw_Report.SetTransObject ( SQLCA ) li_Rtn = dw_Report.GetChild ( "dw_2", ldw_Child ) /* This returns 1, no problem */ If li_Rtn = 1 Then ls_Error = ldw_Child.Modify ( "item_number_t.Text = ~'New Text~' ") /* ls_Error is empty string, no problem, but report do...

set column DataWindow
Good morning everyone, I need help ... I need to set a column in a DataWindow to roll when the columns to be fixed first on the left. Grateful, Fabio I ain't sure if I understood you properly, but check HorizontalScrollSplit On 2010-06-15 13:57, F�bio De Carli wrote: > Good morning everyone, I need help ... > > I need to set a column in a DataWindow to roll when the > columns to be fixed first on the left. > > Grateful, > > Fabio Yes, the property fell through. But I wanted to set a starting position of scrool without having to go with th...

setting the focus in a column
Hello Can anyone help me my problem: How can i set the focus in a column by ID? Bernd There is no "SetFocus" command for a column in a datawindow... This command applies to controls only. For a coulmn you should use "SetColumn" command. "bernd liesinger" <bernd.liesinger@your-system.com> wrote in message news:ZSdBA2xeAHA.296@forums.sybase.com... > Hello > > Can anyone help me > > my problem: > > How can i set the focus in a column by ID? > > Bernd > > ...

Web resources about - Setting focus to a column field - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Help:Contents/Account settings and maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mode setting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mode setting can be done in kernel space ( Kernel Mode Setting or KMS) or in user space ( User-space Mode Setting , UMS). Doing mode setting ...

5 Facebook Privacy Settings You Must Review Now
Facebook now has five different settings for controlling whether and how you get tagged on the site.

Analysis: Facebook’s New Privacy Settings a Major (and Risky) Step Toward Openness
The upcoming changes to Facebook’s privacy settings will allow users to control who they share information with every time they post a piece ...

Woolworths to tap Chinese consumer by setting up shop on Tmall
... business-to-consumer market. Woolworths is aiming to tap burgeoning Chinese consumer demand for Australian food and grocery products by setting ...

Setting Up TV Ads With Facebook Ads
How do consumers respond to television ads that they have already seen, either on Facebook or on TV? Facebook IQ commissioned a study by neuromarketing ...

Woolworths to tap Chinese consumer by setting up shop on Tmall
... business-to-consumer market. Woolworths is aiming to tap burgeoning Chinese consumer demand for Australian food and grocery products by setting ...

2015 record-setting box office in the US thanks to 'Star Wars' - Business Insider Deutschland
For many in Hollywood, the $11 billion record is bittersweet as many wide releases failed at the box office.

Amazon Celebrates a Record-Setting Holiday for Prime, Amazon Original Series and Amazon Devices
Amazon Celebrates a Record-Setting Holiday for Prime, Amazon Original Series and Amazon Devices&nbsp;

Man charged with setting Houston mosque afire says he was a devout attendee
Chron.com Man charged with setting Houston mosque afire says he was a devout attendee Chron.com A Houston man has been arrested in connection ...