set focus to first column on web datawindow

How do I have the focus set to the first column on my web datawindow when
the page is loaded?

Jon Groves

0
Jonathan

This is not the right group for questions about HTMLDW. The right group is:
sybase.public.easerver.htmldw

Did you try SetColumn("columnname")?

--
Rahul Jain

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:47:28 -0500, Jonathan Groves wrote:

> How do I have the focus set to the first column on my web datawindow when
> the page is loaded?
>
> Jon Groves
0
Rahul
3/25/2003 4:12:03 PM
thank you
"Rahul Jain" <rahul.jain@mail.com> wrote in message
> This is not the right group for questions about HTMLDW. The right group
is:
> sybase.public.easerver.htmldw
>
> Did you try SetColumn("columnname")?
>
> --
> Rahul Jain
>
> On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:47:28 -0500, Jonathan Groves wrote:
>
> > How do I have the focus set to the first column on my web datawindow
when
> > the page is loaded?
> >
> > Jon Groves

0
Jonathan

setting the focus to a row/column of a web datawindow
Hi all, I'd like to set the input focus for a html page containing a web datawindow to a certain row and column (first row, column "username"). of the datawindow. For the time being I've succes using document.dwClient_dataForm.username_0.focus(); in a function called in the onLoad() event of the page. Just to be sure, is that the correct method to achieve what I want? I thought it should be something like dwClient.SetRow(1); dwClient.SetColumn("username"); dwClient.SetFocus(); but this fails claiming that dwClient has no properties. ...

Set Focus on Column in external datawindow
How do I set the focus to a column in an external datawindow ? Specifically: I have an external dw with an editable column. After the user edits the column, a remote object validates the entry. If validation fails, I want the focus to go back to the column, with the text selected. I tried to use the itemchanged event (returning 1) but that seems to trigger the datawindow validation message, and I need to display different messages depending on what the user typed. SetColumn doesn't work either, the cursor always goes to the next column in the tab order. I guess the fact that I...

problem setting focus to datawindow-column
I have a screen with several datawindows on it. When the values in these dw's are checked, a message will appear and the focus should be set back to the right dw and column in that dw, but I can't get this to happen correctly. I keep getting the focus back to the first column in the first dw on the screen! When the checks are performed, a few windowfunctions are triggered, as well as a few user events. I'm under the impression that the 'getfocus'-events of all the dw's are triggered first when the messagebox disappears and the focus is back on the screen. I kn...

Custom Web datawindow and setting focus
I am using a custom datawindow component and I was wondering how I set focus to the first field on my datawindow. I have set the tab order on the datawindow itself but when I view it through a browser the focus does not appear in the first field. Kind Regards Colin Brown First I would suggest you post Web DW questions in the htmldw forum. Here's something from an old thread. << <YourDWObjectName>_dataForm.<YourColumnName>_0.focus();>> -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Branick Consulting, Inc. www.branick-inc.com Web DataWindow eBook &qu...

Setting column's property in a datawindow from composite datawindow
Hi I know this is easy but I cant get it to work. I have two datawindows controls (dw_1, dw_2) in a composite datawindow (dw_report). I want to change Text of a header column of dw_2, so I try it using: 1. GetChild and Modify ------ datawindowchild ldw_child Int li_Rtn String ls_Error dw_Report.SetTransObject ( SQLCA ) li_Rtn = dw_Report.GetChild ( "dw_2", ldw_Child ) /* This returns 1, no problem */ If li_Rtn = 1 Then ls_Error = ldw_Child.Modify ( "item_number_t.Text = ~'New Text~' ") /* ls_Error is empty string, no problem, but report do...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

problem setting focus to datawindow-column #2
I have a screen with several datawindows on it. When the values in these dw's are checked, a message will appear and the focus should be set back to the right dw and column in that dw, but I can't get this to happen correctly. I keep getting the focus back to the first column in the first dw on the screen! When the checks are performed, a few windowfunctions are triggered, as well as a few user events. I'm under the impression that the 'getfocus'-events of all the dw's are triggered first when the messagebox disappears and the focus is back on the screen. I kn...

Set value to DDDW column of the Web DataWindow
I can't set value to the DropDownDataWidnow column of the Web Datawindow. I can set value to the non-DDDW column. Is this a bug? Any help would be appreciated. Kevin Kevin, You can also do this with the HTMLGenerator component with client-side script. For example, if the itemchanged event you can use setitem. dwMine.SetItem(row,columnname,value) Does that help? -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc. www.ctpartners.com Web DataWindow Articles http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708 Kevin Dinh wrote in message ....

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

Datawindow Error from Web-Datawindow
I got sometimes a Datawindow Error on my Webpage IE 5.5 ( PB 7.03 10108 ) "Select error: java.net.SocketException: Socket read failed" TIA Keller ...

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

Web resources about - set focus to first column on web datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo