Set focus to a field/column in DW

Hi all,

How to write the script to set the focus to a field/column in DW?

Thanks!

0
Chan

this.SetColumn('column_name') should work. HTH.

Ben McBride

Chan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How to write the script to set the focus to a field/column in DW?
>
> Thanks!

0
Ben
4/15/1999 1:02:30 PM
Try using setcolumn() and setrow(). These will set the current context,
however if the row and column are not visible you also need to use
scrollrotow(). Unfortuntely there is no scrolltocolumn method.

 Alex Whitney                        Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc.
 CPD Professional                    http://www.dyn-data.com

             Enterprise Applications in Your Future?
          JumpStart '99 Enterprise Solutions Conference
                   http://www.JumpStart99.com
Chan wrote in message ...
>Hi all,
>
>How to write the script to set the focus to a field/column in DW?
>
>Thanks!

0
Alex

Set Focus on Field in Datawindow
Hi All, I have a 2 data windows, 1 which is a grid and holds all the records and the second drives off the grid to displays the details of the selected record. The user has an option to add a new record by pressing a "Add" button which creates a new record in both data windows. The problem I am having is that when a new record is created, I can't focus to a particular field on the details datawindow. I have read other articles and tried the following: dw_Name.SetColumn("first_name") But it does not focus on the field. I have checked the tab ...

Set focus on a field of a datawindows
I need to know how can i set focus on a specific field of my datawindow ? Thanks in advance adolfochairez@yahoo.com dw_1.SetColumn ('column name') dw_1.SetFocus () On 5/14/2010 12:02 PM, Adolfo Chairez wrote: > I need to know how can i set focus on a specific field of my > datawindow ? > > Thanks in advance > adolfochairez@yahoo.com ...

Set Focus in DW column
I have a small problem. I have a datawindow with 2 columns in a tabular format. Tab order has been set in the data window. Both of the columns are numeric(7,2). I set focus to the DW and focus is set to the first column as it should be. The problem comes in that because it is numeric and no data is there (I insert a row to add data) a "0" is in the column and the cursor is sitting in front of this "0". I want the whole column selected so that the user does not have to delete the "0". What do I need to do? I could find this in any docs. Thanks fo...

Setting focus to a column field
How can I set focus to a column field in the itemerror event after I have validated something and want to set focus to another field to re-enter? You can't use SetFocus because it kicks off the itemerror event itself, and is not recommended in help. > How can I set focus to a column field in the itemerror event after I have > validated something and want to set focus to another field to re-enter? > You can't use SetFocus because it kicks off the itemerror event itself, and > is not recommended in help. You're right, messing with focus is asking for troub...

Set focus on dw column
Is there any way of setting focus to a datawindow column. Whenever I open a window or add a row I have to click on the first row in the datawindow to then start tabbing through the fields. Setfocus doesn't seem to work on the datawindow but it does with other objects like the singlelineedit. Any ideas? dw.SetColumn ("colname") dw.SetFocus () Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten Michael K wrote: > Is there any way of setting focus to a datawindow column. Whenever I > open a window or add a row I have to click on the first ...

Set Focus on Column in external datawindow
How do I set the focus to a column in an external datawindow ? Specifically: I have an external dw with an editable column. After the user edits the column, a remote object validates the entry. If validation fails, I want the focus to go back to the column, with the text selected. I tried to use the itemchanged event (returning 1) but that seems to trigger the datawindow validation message, and I need to display different messages depending on what the user typed. SetColumn doesn't work either, the cursor always goes to the next column in the tab order. I guess the fact that I...

problem setting focus to datawindow-column
I have a screen with several datawindows on it. When the values in these dw's are checked, a message will appear and the focus should be set back to the right dw and column in that dw, but I can't get this to happen correctly. I keep getting the focus back to the first column in the first dw on the screen! When the checks are performed, a few windowfunctions are triggered, as well as a few user events. I'm under the impression that the 'getfocus'-events of all the dw's are triggered first when the messagebox disappears and the focus is back on the screen. I kn...

how to set focus on a dddw column in a dw
Hello, I have a dropdowndatawindow named dw_sel_dep that contain a column named cd_department (type dddw with allowing edit property set on). When i try to use: dw_sel_dep.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str) // to add an empty row dw_sel_dep.setfocus() // to set focus on i have not the curson within the cd_department column Why ?? What is missing ?? TIA Roby Hi, Have you tried to use setColumn rather than setFocus? On 8 Jun 2004 02:31:31 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow Roberto Lammoglia <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> w...

problem setting focus to datawindow-column #2
I have a screen with several datawindows on it. When the values in these dw's are checked, a message will appear and the focus should be set back to the right dw and column in that dw, but I can't get this to happen correctly. I keep getting the focus back to the first column in the first dw on the screen! When the checks are performed, a few windowfunctions are triggered, as well as a few user events. I'm under the impression that the 'getfocus'-events of all the dw's are triggered first when the messagebox disappears and the focus is back on the screen. I kn...

set focus to first column on web datawindow
How do I have the focus set to the first column on my web datawindow when the page is loaded? Jon Groves This is not the right group for questions about HTMLDW. The right group is: sybase.public.easerver.htmldw Did you try SetColumn("columnname")? -- Rahul Jain On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:47:28 -0500, Jonathan Groves wrote: > How do I have the focus set to the first column on my web datawindow when > the page is loaded? > > Jon Groves thank you "Rahul Jain" <rahul.jain@mail.com> wrote in message news:4aocjhjv8l5u.q3uh6378neyt.dlg...

setting the focus to a row/column of a web datawindow
Hi all, I'd like to set the input focus for a html page containing a web datawindow to a certain row and column (first row, column "username"). of the datawindow. For the time being I've succes using document.dwClient_dataForm.username_0.focus(); in a function called in the onLoad() event of the page. Just to be sure, is that the correct method to achieve what I want? I thought it should be something like dwClient.SetRow(1); dwClient.SetColumn("username"); dwClient.SetFocus(); but this fails claiming that dwClient has no properties. ...

how to set input focus to the specific row and column in DW
Hi, I have a scenario where I have to add a new row to datawindow and set the input focus to the specific column in the new row (which column is it depends on other program parameters). How can I do it? Thanks, Mirek Use Scrolltorow( al_newrow), SetRow(al_newrow), Setcolumn(as_colname), ... > Hi, > I have a scenario where I have to add a new row to > datawindow and set the input focus to the specific column > in the new row (which column is it depends on other > program parameters). How can I do it? Thanks, > Mirek > > ...

Setting calculated field into a column field
Hi All, I need to assign a result of calculated field into a column field. dw_1.object.data[1,1,10,1]=dw_1.object.calculate_1[1,10] How can l do this ? If I use a loop to assign the value the performance is too low. Any help appreciated Stefano Bullo ...

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

Web resources about - Set focus to a field/column in DW - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Politics, Political News - The Capitol Column
Covering the politics of science, technology, business, entertainment, Capitol Hill, and health.

Column vector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. In linear algebra , a column ...

Column 8
More on the pointless &quot;rebranding&quot; of passengers as &quot;guests&quot; and other labelling gymnastics (Column 8, for some days), from ...

Column 8
Ah, Boxing Day &ndash; when the ruins of Yuletide feasts and ransacked cellars are flensed&#8203; and gargled, cricketers and sailors bake in ...

Jets column: Cheveldayoff's big gamble with Byfuglien
The big rearguard may not have been 100 per cent, but he was out there in the Winnipeg Jets' 1-0 victory over the Minnesota Wild Friday night. ...

RD Recap: Penthouse Ends Print Run; Phil Kadner Ends Column
... group of reporters, not to mention good friends,” Gehrke, who also interned at the Examiner, told FishbowlDC… Phil Kadner writes his last column ...

Price Drop: Column Division
Column Division 3.0 Device: iOS Universal Category: Education Price: Free, Version: 3.0 ( iTunes ) Description: This math app can be used ...

This Column Nails It
“ How Racists Talk About Tamir Rice “: For as long as I’ve been a newspaper columnist — 13 years and counting — I’ve been on the receiving end ...

Tim O'Sullivan column: Edelman's return comes just in time for Patriots
Concord Monitor Tim O' Sullivan column: Edelman's return comes just in time for Patriots Concord Monitor Yes, New England was also playing ...

Philly high schooler gets lesson in hate after penning column on Missouri race friction
Philadelphia High School student Michael Moroz was prepared for backlash over his op-ed that ran in the school newspaper, but what he didn’t ...