Scroll row by row in a datawindow control

Hi.

I have a tabular datawindow object with one group
and all my data is displayed in the header group and the detail band is not
visible.
when i run my application and i want to scroll the data the datawindow
control
scrolls the data page by page and i need it row by row. How can i do this?

thank you in advanced

0
Fernando

You will have to move your data into the detail band. "Row" in datawindow is
contents of the detail band.

Igor

"Fernando Pe�a" <Fernando_Pe0xL1A4za> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I have a tabular datawindow object with one group
> and all my data is displayed in the header group and the detail band is
not
> visible.
> when i run my application and i want to scroll the data the datawindow
> control
> scrolls the data page by page and i need it row by row. How can i do this?
>

> thank you in advanced

0
Igor

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

Datawindow returns 1 row not 105 rows... Web Datawindow
Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow through debug it returns 1 row. Please help! Check RowCount after Retrieve. Yossi Dallal <jfinnell> wrote in message news:42b1b05f.467f.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows > in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 > from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow > through debug it returns 1 row....

Help Please! Scrolling to rows in a datawindow when rows are protected
We have an application that has 5 shared datawindows (on a single window). Some of the rows in the datawindows(s) are protected, but we still need the ability to scroll to them and cannot. We found case 41046177 titled "ScrolltoRow function which scrolls to the wrong row if the field is protected". We implemented the workaround suggested in that case, and it's still not working. We're wondering if it's because the datawindows are "sharing" data. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. We're running PB 6.5 on a Windows 95 platform...

how to drag and drop one row from one datawindow and update the exist row in other datawindow ?
I liked to drag and drop a field (assume: name) from a row of one datawindow (dw_1) to another datawindow (dw_2), and also update the exist row in dw_2. Thanks for help. -- Best regards, Ridwan Goldbase Technology Visit our Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/Wallstreet/Floor/5251/index.html http://members.tripod.com/goldbase http://members.xoom.com/goldbase * Check out the Y2K (Year 2000 Problems - Millenium Bugs) Take a look at the Drag Drop entries in the help file. Basically, you need to turn on Dragging using Drag(Begin!). When you drop onto dw_2, the drag...

Datawindow Scrolling by Row
Hello, I have a freeform datawindow with 2 groups and a lot of rows, somthing like= =20 5000. If the current row is the last row on page, and I go to the next row = by pressing the arrow down key, the datawindow scroll a whole page. This=20 causes that the user is confused and don=B4t know where he is. I search for any solution, but it would be great if the datawindow only=20 would scroll so far that I can see the next row. Thanks to everyone who help me! ...

selected row in the datawindow to displayed in the other datawindow
hi iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to other datawindow. thnaks deva see IsSelected functions and transfer those rows to the other DW Regards Vasu "Vasu D" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message news:sDZOLqlpCHA.187@forums.sybase.com... > hi > iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to > other datawindow. > thnaks > deva > > > Hello Vasu D, Are u using shared dw's? In this case you'll only have to use the function dw_secundary.scrolltor...

Datawindow row highlight problem after row 32767
Is there a fix in the works for the datawindow row select problem? This is the problem where if more than 32767 rows brought back in a datawindow, all rows are automatically highlighted even if the user clicks on a single row. (starting at row 32768) We were using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 but PB 8.0.2 Build 9601 still has the same problem. Is there a work around besides limiting the number of rows retrieved? Thanks! Please forgive a basic question and GUI questions about that many rows presented to the user aside... Is this a homegrown highlighting code base and are you potent...

datawindow window row after scrolling
Hi all, Is there anyway of gettin the current row which is got my moving the scroll bar assuming the cursor is in the first row so when I scroll 10 rows when I use getrow() in a right clicked event I get the row number as 1 is there anyway to get the correct row number in scrolling. You might have a look at FirstRowOnPage and LastRowOnPage, but the current and selected rows will only change with a click. Maybe you can do something in the scrollvertical event to keep track of where the display is at. Sudhakar wrote in message ... >Hi all, > > Is ...

DataWindow Scroll and Row Focus
Using the vertical scroll bar does not reposition the current row. How I can I force powerbuilder to make the displayed row current ? Are there events fired when a datawindow is scrolled using mouse clicks on the vertical scroll bar ? Any help appreciated, thanks. -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading Mark, You can capture the scrolling in the datawindows scrollvertical event. From there you can get the row at the top of the page and do a setrow as you see fit. Regards, ...

how to get the number of rows of a datawindow nested in another datawindow?
Hi All! Has anyone an idea how to get the number of rows of a datawindow nested in another datawindow? I have a datastore l_ds = CREATE datastore l_ds.dataobject = "d_invoice" l_ds.SetTransObject(SQLCA) li_rows = l_ds.Retrieve(... and so on I am able to access a value in the nested datawindow like this: l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[1] l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[2] l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[3] (d_items is the nested datawindow) But I do not know how to retrieve the number of rows of the nested...

Disabling Drop-Down datawindow columns on a row-by-row basis
Here is what I want to accomplish: I have a datawindow that contains two columns - the first is a drop-down datawindow (display column: description, data column: code) and the second is a simple edit. This datawindow will display records currently available for a specific person and will allow inserts to be made and updates to be made on existing rows - for the second column only. This means that I want the drop down datawindows to only function when doing an insert - for those rows that already exist, or those that exist after an update is issued, I want the drop-down capability t...

Is it possible to set some rows readonly and some rows updatable in a datawindow?
Dear All, Is it possible to set some rows readonly and some rows updatable in a datawindow? Thanks Joe There is no direct way to make a row read-only, however, setting all the columns to read-only causes the same effect. Three methods, 1. The easiest way is to set the Protect property expression to determine if a column is editable. Do this for all columns. 2. Set the tab order for all columns to 0 in the rowfocuschanged event based if the new current row should be uneditable. You will need to set these back when the row is editable as well. 3. Set the Display...

Web resources about - Scroll row by row in a datawindow control - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo