SaveAs Text saving without Tabs

I'm maintaining a PB9 system.

A datastore needs to SaveAs Text.
However, the resulting text file has spaces between the columns
instead of Tabs (CHAR(9)). As a result the file is four times biggger
than it need be.

The identical code in PB11.5 produces an acceptable file with TABs.

Is there something I should or shouldn't be doing to influence the
result? The doco says to expect TABs.

lds_file.SAVEAS ( 'mytext.txt', Text!, FALSE )
where lds_file is a pfc n_ds datastore created by retrieving 4500
records from an MS_SQL database table.

TIA

Larry Peters
0
Larry

I've never heard of a bug in PB9 where the tab becomes a set of spaces.
Sounds to me like you may be missing a trim trailing spaces db parameter
(TrimSpaces).

-- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

"Larry Peters"  wrote in message

I'm maintaining a PB9 system.

A datastore needs to SaveAs Text.
However, the resulting text file has spaces between the columns
instead of Tabs (CHAR(9)). As a result the file is four times biggger
than it need be.

The identical code in PB11.5 produces an acceptable file with TABs.

Is there something I should or shouldn't be doing to influence the
result? The doco says to expect TABs.

lds_file.SAVEAS ( 'mytext.txt', Text!, FALSE )
where lds_file is a pfc n_ds datastore created by retrieving 4500
records from an MS_SQL database table.

TIA

Larry Peters

0
Terry
1/14/2011 4:06:08 PM
Hi Larry,

Is it possible the text editor your using to view the file is changing
the tabs to spaces? I know Textpad has an option to do that so other
text editors may as well. Just a thought.

hth,
Mark

On 1/14/2011 6:54 AM, Larry Peters wrote:
> I'm maintaining a PB9 system.
>
> A datastore needs to SaveAs Text.
> However, the resulting text file has spaces between the columns
> instead of Tabs (CHAR(9)). As a result the file is four times biggger
> than it need be.
>
> The identical code in PB11.5 produces an acceptable file with TABs.
>
> Is there something I should or shouldn't be doing to influence the
> result? The doco says to expect TABs.
>
> lds_file.SAVEAS ( 'mytext.txt', Text!, FALSE )
> where lds_file is a pfc n_ds datastore created by retrieving 4500
> records from an MS_SQL database table.
>
> TIA
>
> Larry Peters
0
Mark

Web resources about - SaveAs Text saving without Tabs - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

El Jerko! Sean Penn secretly met with fugitive drug lord El Chapo
El Chapo, meet El Jerko. Hollywood blowhard Sean Penn secretly met, interviewed, and posed for grip-and-smirk selfies with murderous druglord ...

No Powerball Winners: With No Winning Tickets Sold For Saturday’s Drawing, Wednesday’s Jackpot Will Top ...
There were no Powerball winners after Saturday’s winning numbers were picked, sending the next jackpot soaring to more than $1.3 billion. The ...

Matthew McConaughey Expected To Shine In Upcoming Civil War Film ‘Free State Of Jones’
Matthew McConaughey will lead a rebellion against the Confederacy in his upcoming film Free State of Jones . In what appears to be a passionate ...

US B-52 flight ups ante in nuclear weapons dispute with North Korea
USA TODAY US B-52 flight ups ante in nuclear weapons dispute with North Korea USA TODAY TOKYO – U.S. officials responded to last week's reported ...

Suspect charged in shooting of Philadelphia policeman: prosecutor
(Reuters) - A man claiming allegiance to Islamic State militants was charged on Saturday with attempted murder in the shooting of a Philadelphia ...

Surprise: Obama actually does get things from State of the Union
Sacramento Bee Surprise: Obama actually does get things from State of the Union Sacramento Bee As he prepares for his final State of the Union ...

Rural Californians sympathize with protesters' goals in Oregon standoff
Sacramento Bee Rural Californians sympathize with protesters' goals in Oregon standoff Sacramento Bee Jerry Kresge, a cattle rancher in the ...

Hands-on review: CES 2016: Acer Aspire Switch 12 S
Acer has been at the 2-in-1 laptop game for a long time and while its Switch series hasn't always impressed with some clunky and bulky systems, ...

Lena Dunham Shows Her Support for Hillary Clinton
Lena Dunham speaks to the crowd while wearing a Hillary sweater at a Hillary Clinton for President event on Friday afternoon (January 8) in Manchester, ...