saveas pdf but as pdf/a

Hi,

we need to save the reports as pdf/a.
Is there a way to tell pb or let me save ghostscript to save the datawindow
as a pdf/a ?

ghostscript has some options like pdf/a but the datawindow printer seems to
ignore all settings from ghsotscript

TIA
Heino Hellmers

0
Heino

Datawindow SaveAs PDF
I am using PowerBuilder version 9.0.1 Build 7151 and I am attempting to save a datawindow's output to a PDF file. I have installed Ghostscript 7.0.6 and have placed the c:\gs\gs7.06\bin directory in my system path. But when I attempt to save the output of the datawindow in the Datawindow Painter using Save Rows As, I receive an error message that just says "Save As Rows failed". I am using Windows XP Professional Version 2002, Service Pack 1. The Postscript driver is also in place in the C:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder\drivers directory and I have followed all ...

SaveAS PDF Datawindow
Hi all, i'm developing my projects with PB 9.01 (build 6533) on Windows 2K Server and have a problem with the new functionality of Datawindow: SaveAs(PDF!...................). When i try to deploy my app + GostScript 7.05 (i follow the instructions on Application Tec.), the method dw.saveas does nothing. What are the steps i need ?? I want to solve this problem because i have a deadline where this feature will have to be active. TIA Luca Luca; I am using GS 8.0 with PB 9.0.1 and all is well. regards ... Chris "Luca Ferrante" <luca.ferrante@bluse...

Different results between PDF Writer and SaveAs PDF (GhostScript)
Please see the attachment file. I use Windows XP Sp2 + PB 9.0.1 + GS 8.xx For our application we used Adobe PDF Writer to export Datawindow Report to PDF; it works great since 3 years; now we are tring to eliminate the PDF Writer using the feature of PB to SaveAs PDF with GhostScript. It work fine for several Report, but we have some problems when use something like grid/square. Note using border of object in DataWindow not Rectangular, but it also happen if I try to use rectangular object. Could someone help me, I think there's something to configure to improve the qualit...

Datawindow saveas PDF #2
Using pb 10.5 my users need to save a report as a PDF. I know they need the latest version of ghostscript. I believe they also need a "Sybase Datawindow PS" printer. How do I rollout the Sybase Datawindow PS printer? The users do not have Powerbuilder installed on their machines. They do need that printer driver. You should copy the entire folder C:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder\drivers and install it in the same folder as your executable. The printer driver will be automatically installed the first time the user does a saveas PDF. Note that the user must ...

DataWindow SaveAs PDF Fail
I tried to save a datawindow as a pdf file for more than 3 days, but failed. OS : Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise ( 64-bit ) 1. Disable =93Disallow Installation of Printers Using Kernel-Mode Drivers.=94 2. Copy C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ntprint.inf_1a216484\Amd64 to Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder\drivers 3. Install ghostscript 8.71 64-bit 4. Add a printer by using the GHOSTPDF.INF driver, named as "Sybase DataWindow PS" What I got is a 0 kb pdf file, not the one that I want. Did I miss something important?? Hope that you guys can help me, thanks!...

How do I do datawindow SaveAs a pdf file
Hi all, I want my datawindow to be SaveAs a PDF file, how do I do that? TIA Robert Which version of PB are you using? -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] Cynergy Systems www.cynergysystems.com <Robert> wrote in message news:442320cd.294.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi all, > > I want my datawindow to be SaveAs a PDF file, how do I do > that? > > TIA > > > Robert PB 8.0.4 build 10501 > Which version of PB are you using? > > -- > Paul Horan[TeamSybase] > Cynergy Systems > www.cynergysystems.com > > <...

Saveas PDF composite Datawindow
Is there a way to save composite Datawindow into pdf format? thank you ...

Datawindow SaveAs PDF in PB 9
Does anyone know whether this feature is completely functional without the need for any third party software? I believe I was reading some article which said the Ghostscript was required. I want to make sure there are no client licensing issues if we migrate to PB 9. Thanks in advance. Stephan GhostScript is required at this point, but no licensing fees are associated with it. The reason it is not distributed with PowerBuilder is the GS license which does not allow a vendor to charge for their software if GS is bundled with it. Since Sybase cannot afford to give PB9 away gra...

Crosstab datawindow saveas pdf problem.
I installed gs and configured everything to save datawindows as a pdf file. It works fine but If I save as crosstab datawindows as a pdf file, I see only blank page. To be sure I created a new crosstab datawindow but I saw the same problem. Do you have any sollution? I found following explanation. So what can I do? The Ghostscript method currently does not support OLE and RichText DataWindow objects. The XSL-FO method currently does not support OLE, RichText, graph, and composite DataWindow objects. "Murat Yelkovan" <muratyelkovan@yahoo.com> wrote in mess...

Path problem with datawindow saveas pdf
hi there, I'm saving PDF files with FREE PDF and ghostscript. It works fine by giving a target path and filename like "C:\blabla\bla.pdf". But now we start the application from a permission, so the path is for the target file is like this: "\\SERVERNAME\permission\blabla\bla.pdf" Saveas now returns -1. Anyone can help? What can I do? Thanx in advance. greetings Tina If the ONLY thing that changed is the path then I'd guess the user does not have write rights to the second destination. If you start it "from a permission" a...

Saveas pdf Composite Datawindow #2
Hi, I am using VS 2005 and Datawindow.net 2.0. I am having trouble saving composite datawindow into pdf. I had installed GhostScript. At datawindow design time, I am able to save row as pdf. At runt time, it's working fine on other datawindow except composite datawindow. Is this a bug in Datawindow.net 2.0? On a previous Datawindow.net 1.51 I have no problem until I migrated my program to datawindow.net 2.0. Is there a solution or a work around for this? Thank you very much, Are you doing this in a WinForm or WebForm environment? On 10 Apr 2006 10:30:12 -0700, Ren...

saveas pdf in Evaluation datawindow.net
Hi I get this error when trying to do a saveas pdf. An unhandled exception of type 'Sybase.DataWindow.MethodFailureException' occurred in datawindow.dll Additional information: SaveAS did not complete successfully, return code is : -1 I have installed ghostscript in C:\Program Files\Sybase\DataWindow .NET 1.0\gs as described in the help file I have also added this to the environment variable PATH just in case Still the same problem persists Hope someone can help me with this Col What happens when you try the File/Save Rows As... menu option in DataWindo...

How do I do datawindow SaveAs a pdf file #2
Hi all I want my datawindow to be SaveAs a PDF file, how do I do that? I am using PB8.0.4 build 10501 TIA Pre PB9, you have to "print" the datawindow to a PDF generator that looks like a printer driver. Google these newsgroups for suggestions and methods. <Robert> wrote in message news:44468a6e.1fda.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi all > I want my datawindow to be SaveAs a PDF file, how do I do > that? > I am using PB8.0.4 build 10501 > > TIA ...

dw.saveAs (PDF) generates a PS file instead of PDF file
Guru(s), I have PowerBuilder 10.5 build 5048 and GhostScript 8.57. In simple words, I am trying to print DW into a PDF using SaveAs ("file name", PDF!) The PDF file is generated, but I can not open with Acrobat or any other PDF viewers. But I can open it fine with a PostScript Viwer like GSView. It looks like a PS file more than a PDF file. What am I missing? Do I need to convert this PS into PDF by calling a GhostScript script? Appreciate you help, Div FYI, The header of the file looks like ------------------------------------------------------- %!PS-A...

Web resources about - saveas pdf but as pdf/a - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Julian Savea (@juliansavea7) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Julian Savea @ juliansavea7 ...

Cory Jane happy to play second-fiddle to Julian Savea's tryscoring feats
Julian Savea racked up the big numbers but fellow All Blacks winger Cory Jane had as much reason for satisfaction in Hamilton on Saturday night. ...

Savea, Retallick sign big All Blacks deals
The importance of holding on to Julian Savea and Brodie Retallick until 2019 can't be overstated says NZ Rugby boss Steve Tew.

Rugby World Cup 2015: All Blacks Julian Savea does a Jonah Lomu against France
The All Blacks winger was unstoppable against France.

Super Rugby 2015: Hurricanes’ Ardie Savea produces contender for worst botched try ever
HE may be the lesser-known brother, but Hurricanes breakaway Ardie Savea stole the limelight from his brother Julian in Wellington on Saturday ...

Queensland Reds star James O’Connor in Wallabies audition against Hurricanes’ Julian Savea
... Bus&#8221; is one Super Rugby list that James O&#8217;Connor has no intention of joining when he tackles Hurricanes powerhouse Julian Savea ...

Super Rugby 2015: Hurricanes’ Ardie Savea produces contender for worst botched try ever
HE may be the lesser-known brother, but Hurricanes breakaway Ardie Savea stole the limelight from his brother Julian in Wellington on Saturday ...

Where is the northern hemisphere's answer to Cooper, Folau or Savea?
The November internationals whetted the appetite for the World Cup, particularly for fans of the southern giants.

Rugby World Cup 2015: All Blacks Julian Savea does a Jonah Lomu against France
The All Blacks winger was unstoppable against France.

Julian Savea Scores Impressively Violent Try Through Three Frenchmen
The Rugby World Cup is currently heading towards its conclusion in England. Three of the four semifinalists have been set, and we have South ...