SaveAs omits the numbers after decimal point

I have encounterd a problem using datawindow.SaveAs() function to save
data in dBase3 format. All numeric columns are formatted as
numeric(16,0), therefore the numbers after the decimal point are lost.
What can I do to get back those numbers? Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Ben
0
BL

> I have encounterd a problem using datawindow.SaveAs() function to save
> data in dBase3 format. All numeric columns are formatted as
> numeric(16,0), therefore the numbers after the decimal point are lost.
> What can I do to get back those numbers? Please help!

Is it too simplistic to suggest using a different format for your data?

Rik Brooks
When simple answers simply aren't enough...
http://www.1313mockingbirdlane.com/dojo

0
Rik
8/1/1999 9:29:14 AM
> > I have encounterd a problem using datawindow.SaveAs() function to save
> > data in dBase3 format. All numeric columns are formatted as
> > numeric(16,0), therefore the numbers after the decimal point are lost.
> > What can I do to get back those numbers? Please help!
>
> Is it too simplistic to suggest using a different format for your data?

Thanks for your reply. I just cannot simply use a different format
because the dbf file will be sent to other companys for further
processing.

I have an impression that Powerbuilder cannot use Microsoft's ODBC to
produce a dbf with decimal-place numeric columns. I had tried to use
Powerbuilder's own ODBC driver, and it works. The procedures are:

1. Create a query object.
2. Create a data pipeline object using the query object. The destination
of the data pipeline object should be a Powerbuilder's ODBC driver.
3. Start the pipeline.

I still have a problem: is the Powerbuilder's ODBC drivers included in
the compiled Powerbuilder programs? I do not want to install the
Powerbuilder's ODBC drivers in every client's PC.

Ben
0
BL

External datawindow with columns of type DECIMAL, number of decimals is not saved!!
Almost a year ago, I've posted this problem. It does not seem to be fix yet. When you create an external datawindow and you create a column of type decimal, you can fill in the number of decimals. That number is not saved. When I reopen the datawindow; the number of decimals is 0. The only workaround I've found is to go change it in the source code of the datawindow Greetings Note that posting a problem in one of the newsgroups will not fix it. Only if you open a case with Sybase it will be fixed. On 9 Nov 2004 01:39:15 -0800, in sybase.public.pocketpo...

Decimal points in datawindows
I am having a problem with decimals in my datawindows. When I try entering a percentage value, it is abandoning all values to the right of the decimal. Incidentally, the field is a decimal with no validation. Edit Mask: Format: Input: Result: None (General) 3.2 3 None (General) 0.032 0 None (General) 3.2% "Does not pass validation" None 0.00% 3.2 300.00% None ...

How to validate a decimal value with 2 digits after decimal point (de decimal point is a comma)
  I am a newbee, I have a Textbox where de user must write the price of an object. How can I validate de data entry in the Textbox (it must be a valid decimal with 2 digits after decimal point), and my pages are in  Portuguese so the decimal point to be accepted must be a comma   thanks  well you can do something like followig:  suppose TextBox1.Text = 123456,789 then you can say if(TextBox1.Text.Contains(",") ) {     int index1 = TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(",") +1;     int index2 = TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(...

how to remove numbers after decimal point
hi, i need help , i had to do a program , but i'm stuck in this thing, the answer comes out as for example 17.79, i want to just choose 17 and ignore the rest... how can i do that , i tried many things but still :( please help .. thanx Jsut convert it to an int and it will automatically truncate the decimals.  For instance if the 17.79 is in a variable called result, just do something like this.int i = (int)result;   // in C#In VB it;s a bit more complex because explicit conversion would round, so your 17.79 would be rounded to 18. so you need to something more like this Di...

Adding Numbers with decimal points
I have been trying to add a group of textboxes together and display as a whole number with two decimal space  ...  ie 1458.35. I have been converting the textbox.text string to an integer and adding the results with a Math.Round function but it doesn't work (see below). I used the exact same code on a major project two years ago and it worked fine. I am using the (ByVal d As Decimal, decimal As Integer) As Decimal function  The code is: <  Dim num as Integer num = Textbox1.Text Dim num2 As Integer num2 = Textbox2.Text Dim num3 as Integer num3 = ...

Problem with decimal point in datawindow
It is version 8.0.1 Build 8004. thanks Glenn ...

Windows 2000 Powerbuilder Decimal Point
The datawindow is an external datawindow. It is not linked to a database. Grtz Glenn ...

Formatting number with and without decimal point
This is more of a generic powerbuilder question, but can anyone describe how to format a number so that it will show decimal places when there are some but then show the number as an integer (no decimal point) when there are none. Ex. when rounded to 2 decimal places 2.75 should show as 2.75 2.50 should show as 2.5 2.00 should show as 2 Thanks Jay ...

Problem with decimal point in datawindow #2
I have a problem with decimals in a datawindow. -When i use a decimal with editmask #0.00 or #0,00 the number i receive from the datawindow is not a decimal For ex.: dec (datawindow.Object.decimal[1]) = 165 (and not 16.5) I tried to change the settings in the registry in the beginning of my program, because the standard on my computer the decimal sign is a comma. So I change it in the program to a point and at the end of the program back to a comma . I also tried to use an edit field but then i have the same problem. What can i do about this? Thanks Glenn Whic...

Formatting number with and without decimal point
Can anyone describe how to format a number so that it will show decimal places when there are some but then show the number as an integer (no decimal point) when there are none. Ex. when rounded to 2 decimal places 2.75 should show as 2.75 2.50 should show as 2.5 2.00 should show as 2 Thanks Jay well ... for number display formats, the # represents a number and 0 represents a required number so ... #.## should be what you're looking for Jim On 6 Feb 2008 09:26:12 -0800, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general <Jay> wrote: >Can anyone describe how...

Display number with decimal point in DW
Dear all, I like to display number with three digits after the decimal point in a DW (column object). So, in the edit tab, the editmask define as follow: Masks: Number; Mask: #####.### The numbers with decimal point it display as I like to, but numbers that there are integers (i.g-no decimal point) it display like 15. It displays '.' even for integers. How can I avoid the decimal point when I display an integer? TIA & marry Xmas to all, Thanks for the quick reply but, Even if I use the format tab the number is displayed with unnecessary zero's for example, th...

Format numbers in formview so that decimal points line up
How do I format the numbers in a FormView control (and presumabaly in the other databound view controls) so that the decimal points line up? I'm displaying data using asp:label controls and for formatting I've used the curly bracket format with Eval: Text='<%# Eval("ClearedBalance", "{0:n2}") %>' Although this nicely presents numbers with a decimal point and two digits after the decimal point, everything is left justified, which means the decimal points don't line up if there are a mix of numbers less than ten, over ten, over a hundred etc. I can't find a way of right justifying the...

Formatting columns in a datawindow (problems with decimal numbers)
Hello, I have a problem with a datawindow. For a value "qty", the select statement for the datawindow is Select qty = 0.00 from .... In the datawindow, the field qty is formatted with the format #.## or 0.00 When I enter values in this field, it is rounded, either upwards or downwards. So that 3,3 is 3,0 and 3,6 is 4,0 How can I make the datawindow NOT round the numbers I put in? Alf Hi Alf, if the initial value is'nt a problem for you simply try Select qty = 0.99 from .... to indicate that quantity has two decimal places. Otherwise indic...

Web form SaveAs XML decimal point
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0029B2CEC12574C0_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" If I perform SaveAs in XML format and column is not displayed in datawindow decimal point is "," and ImportFile corrupts this number because it supposes probably ".". If column is displayed in dw it is ok (I put this column to report and erase option visible). Is there some other trick ? --=_alternative 0029B2CEC12574C0_= Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" <br><font size=2 face="sans-serif&q...

Web resources about - SaveAs omits the numbers after decimal point - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

The Chinese Apple Stores keep coming: number 27 opens on Saturday
... the USA … The new store will be open from 10am to 10pm daily, with a grand opening at 10am on the 28th November. It will bring the total number ...

'Beasts of No Nation' director Cary Fukunaga talks Netflix's mysterious streaming numbers
... of No Nation"? Fukunaga: Yeah, I finally accosted [Netflix head of content acquisitions] Ted Sarandos recently to try to give me the numbers. ...

EXCLUSIVE: Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello's Wedding By the Numbers: The Most Extravagant & Humble Details ...
ET has everything you need to know about Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello's nuptials ahead of the ceremony on Sunday.

Black Friday Sales Numbers Are Useless And Wrong
... crowds worry retailers.” You should ignore these stories. On Sunday and Monday, the stories will become more definitive , with actual numbers. ...

The Number One Way To Get Employees To Use Collaboration Technologies
Many of the themes surrounding the Future of Work are enabled by technology. The big challenge for many organizations involves getting employees ...

Aluminum Dice With Colored LED Number Spots
These are Luma Dice , solid block aluminum dice with light-up LED number spots . The dice are powered by a replaceable battery, and have a motion ...