Rich Text Edit Control

Hi All

I'm using PB703 Build 10213
I'd like to use a RTE on a window, together with a Datawindow control, get
the data from a Long VarChar column on the Datawindow control, set them in
the RTE, do some formating on the (BOLD, UNDERLINE, etc), get them from the
RTE set them back in the column and save them to the database.

Is this posible.

TIA
Stelios Stylianou

0
Stelios

Stelios -

    This is what the RTE Datawindow style is supposed to accomplish. From
what I've heard it works FAIRLY well, but it has "issues". You have been
warned.  :)

Olan

"Stelios Stylianou" <development@synthesis.com.cy> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I'm using PB703 Build 10213
> I'd like to use a RTE on a window, together with a Datawindow control, get
> the data from a Long VarChar column on the Datawindow control, set them in
> the RTE, do some formating on the (BOLD, UNDERLINE, etc), get them from
the
> RTE set them back in the column and save them to the database.
>
> Is this posible.
>
> TIA
> Stelios Stylianou

0
Olan

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

Rich Text edit control
Hi, When sharing data between a Datawindow and a Rich Text Edit Control, data is shared between columns (datawindow) and insertfields (Richtext) having same names. But this is not the case for computed fields in the datawindow. Has this been solved for further versions than 5.0? Thanks Gerhard Schmitz You'll never be able to get computed *fields* to sharedata, they don't exist in the result set (which is actually what is being shared). In order to get computed values to share, you would need to make them computed *columns*. On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:00:07 +0200,...

Import data (rows) in a rich text edit control from a DataWindow
Hi to all, How can i import in a rich text edit control Data ( rows ) from a DataWindow Control dynamic but not to changed page in every row and the user to be allowed to format the rows. To be in one page like this code decription amount price ------- ------------ --------- ------- ------- ------------ --------- ------- ------- ------------ --------- ------- ------- ------------ --------- ------- ------- ------------ --------- ------- ------- ------------ --------- ------- thanks in advance ...

How to get a text from rich text edit control ?
It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to variable whatever user types ? Thanks. string ls_text this.SelectTextAll() ls_text = this.SelectedText() On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote: >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to >variable whatever user types ? > >Thanks. > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_news...

Rich Text Edit in Datawindow
Hi All, I would like to retrieve from a column which stores my Rich Text Format Document using datawindows. I could retrieve and display / edit / save using the RTE object and embedded SQL and print from there too but I need to create a composite report where one part of the report retrieves this column, and print the whole report. Any ideas is much appreciated... TIA Mustafa ...

Rich Text Edit Datawindow
I have a requirement whereby letters need to be generated and sent out which contain data from the database, as well as the content of the letter (form letter). I'm thinking of using Rich Text datawindows to accomplish this. The main issue I'm struggling with is that the data for a given letter may have master/detail relationships. For example, a letter may be sent to a company which includes company related data (i.e Name, address...etc.), but may also contain a list of zero to many employees. I thought perhaps that I could use a nested datawindow for this, but that option...

PowerBuilder Rich Text Control
Hello group, I have a problem.... I am trying to save the contents of a rich text control in an sqlserver table through jaguar. The problem is with a specific text column. Sql Server "sees" that column as text whereas in powerbuilder i see that column as char(32767). When the update statement executes then jaguar reports the following error: ******************************************************* **** EAS SERVER 4.2 (ERROR LOG) ********* ******************************************************* Sep 22 14:27:51 2003: Bind parameter value for ':1' is too big (10434) ...

Rich Text Edit Controls
Does anyone know how to set the font for a RTE programmatically? ---- AND ---- How can you tell in a script how far a RTE has been scrolled HORIZONTALLY? Hi Paul, There should be an easier way of setting the font size for RTE controls, but I have not found it yet. The code below will change the font size for the entire window. I don�t know how to change it for selected text. Give this a try. Hope it works. String ls_init_rtf ls_init_rtf = '{\rtf1{\fonttbl{\f0\froman Tms Rmn;}}' ls_init_rtf = ls_init_rtf + "{\f0\fs24\cf0\up0\dn0 a big brown house...

chinese character in rich text control and text control
I have a chinese character in either rich text control or text control. The character is look fine if it is a small size (10, 12), however when the font size is changed bigger (36 or 72), the character is out of shape(many dot, not smooth). Is anyone has any idea to print a bigger chinese character from pb7.03. ...

Rich Text Edit Controls
Hello, We have just migrated our app from 6.5.1 to 7.0.2. I had problems with a few particular objects when trying to open in the library painter and when running from source. PB would crash with "Invalid page fault pb70.exe@014f:10005357". The only way that I could solve the problem was to comment out all code from the 6.5 version, remove a control(one at a time) and migrate to 7.0 until I found which one was the culprit. Rich Text Edit control is the one that is crashing . No matter what I try to add it to, pb70 will blow up with that same error. Does anyone know if ther...

Rich Text Edit Control Limit
Is there anyway to limit the number of characters in a Rich Text Edit control? I know there's a limit property on a multi line edit, but there doesn't appear to be anything on the rich text edit. What I'm trying to do is have a datawindow with multiple rows at the top of the screen and when a rowfocuschanged occurs to populate the rich text edit control with data from one of the fields. From there they can edit it and the editchanged user event copies it back to the datawindow so that it can be updated. Everything works great except that the field is only 4000 characte...

Web resources about - Rich Text Edit Control - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

How effective are parental controls for your child's safety?
... situation. Parents need to find ways to protect their children when they are not around to monitor it themselves. The Use of Parental Controls ...

San Bernardino Destroys the Gun-Control Movement
If there was any logic behind gun-control zealotry, the San Bernardino atrocity would be a punch the movement would never recover from.

Kurt Vile, Superchunk, Deer Tick, Waxahatchee, Parquet Courts, Sonic Youth members & more celebrated ...
photos by Amanda Hatfield; words by Bill Pearis Parquet Courts & Lee Ranaldo / Rainer Maria & Meredith Graves / Kurt Vile & Kim Gordon / Waxahatche ...

San Bernardino shooting and the politics of gun control
"It's not enough to keep lamenting these things," Democratic Sen.

Kylie Jenner & her very thin Greyhounds were investigated by Animal Control
... healthy (you can see some screencaps from the Snapchats here ). So… Kylie was investigated by the LA County Department of Animal Care and Control. ...

It is rocket science: Blue Origin control room gets delirious over landing
Technically Incorrect: A new video shows the full raucous glory of the scientific experience. Watch as a packed house celebrates November's successful ...

Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders seek gun control reform after shootings
CNN Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders seek gun control reform after shootings CNN Washington (CNN) Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders said Thursday ...

Even Morning Joe Isn't Buying Carly Fiorina's Gun Control Plan
If you are a Republican Presidential Candidate, the issue of paramount importance, following a gun massacre, is the expression of prayer. 'The ...

Obama Planning To Pull The Trigger On Gun Control Executive Order
Obama Planning To Pull The Trigger On Gun Control Executive Order