retrieving from row # to row #.

I have over 750 000 rows to retrieve from a table using a datawindow, but
my system can only handle approx 30 000 rows and I would like to start from
the end of the table.  Is it possible to set the row numbers to retrieve?
For example, start the retrieve from row 750 000 and stop at row 720 000.
There must be a way.

thanks,
Vern
0
Vern
9/26/2002 6:03:37 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow 28057 articles. 2 followers. Follow

what backend are you using?

<Vern> wrote in message
> I have over 750 000 rows to retrieve from a table using a datawindow, but
> my system can only handle approx 30 000 rows and I would like to start
from
> the end of the table.  Is it possible to set the row numbers to retrieve?
> For example, start the retrieve from row 750 000 and stop at row 720 000.
> There must be a way.
>
> thanks,
> Vern

0
Mark
9/26/2002 5:48:21 PM
What are you going to do with 750K records on the client? Display it to the
user to scroll thru?
0
Philip_Salgannik
9/26/2002 6:33:10 PM
Sybase SQL 12
0
Vern
9/26/2002 7:04:42 PM
I don't need all 750k rows at once, but I have to search for a value.  If I
find the value in the first group of 30 000 rows then I will not have to
search the rest of the 750k rows.
0
Vern
9/26/2002 7:34:48 PM
So why don't you search in the backend?
0
Philip_Salgannik
9/26/2002 7:35:57 PM
Add a retrieval argument to the dw and use that to do the search.
....where colname = :ra_arg

--
All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer

<Vern> wrote in message
> I don't need all 750k rows at once, but I have to search for a value.  If
> find the value in the first group of 30 000 rows then I will not have to
> search the rest of the 750k rows.

0
Simon

Datawindow retrieve rows in dev, retrieves no rows deployed
I created a datawindow in PB10 and given parameters it retrieves the appropriate rows when running from development. After deploying the application, given the exact same parameters (hard coded) the datawindow does not retrieve any rows. I have seen this once before where if we had comment lines inside of the SQL select for the DW it would not retrieve only when deployed. This time, I have no comments and can not find any reason why the exact same program would retrieve differently when run in dev as opposed to deployed. (Both being run on the same machine) Any ideas?? Is the ...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

Datawindow returns 1 row not 105 rows... Web Datawindow
Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow through debug it returns 1 row. Please help! Check RowCount after Retrieve. Yossi Dallal <jfinnell> wrote in message news:42b1b05f.467f.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows > in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 > from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow > through debug it returns 1 row....

First Row, Next Row, Prior Row, Last Row
I have a SQL Anywhere 7.0 Database, have a table Product_detail which contains Column Name Datatype width Null Default batch_id char(10) No None prod_id Integer No None employee_id Integer No None quantity Integer No None price Numeric (14, 2) No None Its primary key is batch_id I have a Freeform Datawindow with this table I want to provide the first row, next row, prior row and last row Ho...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

Scroll row by row in a datawindow control
Hi. I have a tabular datawindow object with one group and all my data is displayed in the header group and the detail band is not visible. when i run my application and i want to scroll the data the datawindow control scrolls the data page by page and i need it row by row. How can i do this? thank you in advanced You will have to move your data into the detail band. "Row" in datawindow is contents of the detail band. Igor "Fernando Pe�a" <Fernando_Pe0xL1A4za> wrote in message news:943886BF87C590640077873785256A65.0077874785256A65@webforums.....

how to drag and drop one row from one datawindow and update the exist row in other datawindow ?
I liked to drag and drop a field (assume: name) from a row of one datawindow (dw_1) to another datawindow (dw_2), and also update the exist row in dw_2. Thanks for help. -- Best regards, Ridwan Goldbase Technology Visit our Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/Wallstreet/Floor/5251/index.html http://members.tripod.com/goldbase http://members.xoom.com/goldbase * Check out the Y2K (Year 2000 Problems - Millenium Bugs) Take a look at the Drag Drop entries in the help file. Basically, you need to turn on Dragging using Drag(Begin!). When you drop onto dw_2, the drag...

[question] retrieving some rows from a specific row ?
Hi, I'm trying to retrieve some rows from a specific row number in a datawindow. I don't know how I compose sql statement in sybase. I'm sure this facility is in oracle. Anybody help me. thanks in advance. The PB function is called reselectrow(row #). it Accesses the database to retrieve values for all columns that can be updated and refreshes all timestamp columns in a row in a DataWindow control or DataStore. The values from the database are redisplayed in the row. As far as recreating the Sybase statement then you would just recreate the where statement us...

Retrieving all rows not just 1 row
I have a dw that is retrieving all rows not just the row that is supplied by the retrieval argument. Have debugged and everything seems to work fine. This only happens at runtime as the retrieval arg is passed from another window. Have posted the entire question in the pfc group but was hoping for a quick answer???? Thanks When you run from the datawindow painter does it retrieve just the one record? What about running through the powerbuilder IDE checking the return code of teh retrieve? Check the value of the retrieval argument you pass to the datawindow, does i...

Datawindow not retrieving rows
Hi All I have an application developed in PB 11.2 & SQL server 2005. One datawindow is not returning rows . If I run the sql of the DW from the back end I get 139 rows.I tried by retrieving thru DW in design time by passing the parameters.It has three parameters. (%,'S',1) . when I supply this the DW does not return rows. But if I hard code the parameters in the SQL of the DW I get 139 rows. Seems very strange . Please help. Thaks Anand Have you tried setting trace for this application ? What is return code for retrieve? Are you sure you have setTrans(Object) called ...

Datawindow row highlight problem after row 32767
Is there a fix in the works for the datawindow row select problem? This is the problem where if more than 32767 rows brought back in a datawindow, all rows are automatically highlighted even if the user clicks on a single row. (starting at row 32768) We were using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 but PB 8.0.2 Build 9601 still has the same problem. Is there a work around besides limiting the number of rows retrieved? Thanks! Please forgive a basic question and GUI questions about that many rows presented to the user aside... Is this a homegrown highlighting code base and are you potent...

Loop to retrieve data from a table row after row
Hello, how do I have to write the loop (SQL-code) if I want to retrieve the content of the first row from a table that consists of one column and many rows and then do some calculation, next get the content of the next row and do a calculation ... until the end of the column? Thanks in advance. Bendo   I'm assuming you are using Visual Web Developer or Visual Studio 2008 (or something similar to the two) and you have  a SQL Server database. You can do calculations using a ExecuteReader() and a reader.  I can help you further with this.  Would a d...

Retrieve row value for row with delete button?
Hello,I am developing a simple ticket system and I can't figure out how to retrieve the value of a record that is not selected.  For example, I have a button in a gridview which changes the "Closed" value of that record from No, to Yes, which closes the ticket.  My problem is, I have searched and search and I can't find a way to find out what the value of the record that contains the clicked button.This is my SQL statement: myCommand = New SqlCommand("Update Tickets Set Closed='Yes',ClosedDate='" & DateTime.Now & "' WHER...

Web resources about - retrieving from row # to row #. - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Mother of three killed landlord after he tried to stop her retrieving her son's shirt
A mother of three has been found guilty of killing her landlord after he tried to stop her retrieving a red polo shirt her son needed for school ...

Retrieving bodies a 'horrifying' experience (01:43)
Anti-jump measures on the Story Bridge should be "fast tracked" and water police funding increased so CityCats don't have to pick up bodies. ...

Man drowns retrieving toy boat
A man has drowned after entering the Wimmera River at Horsham to retrieve a remote-controlled boat.

Bishop says there is no time limit on retrieving MH17 remains
Telegraph.co.uk Bishop says there is no time limit on retrieving MH17 remains The Australian THE Australian Federal Police have warned that ...

Search underway for man swept away in Brisbane River while retrieving toy boat
A search is underway for a man swept away in the Brisbane River while retrieving a toy boat.

DPRK blames US for suspension of retrieving American soldiers' remains
DPRK blames US for suspension of retrieving American soldiers' remains People's Daily Online PYONGYANG, Oct. 13 The Democratic People's Republic ...

Father killed retrieving Christmas gifts from broken-down car
Richard Perrin, 57, was struck and killed by another driver early Saturday along Hwy 170 in Roanoke.

Yankee retrieving a big Canada in a Manitoba hayfield
Yankee retrieving a big Canada in a Manitoba hayfield

iPhone dev: Retrieving user phone numbers
... a secret to recovering user phone numbers that does not involve the … One of the most common questions I get these days has to do with retrieving ...

Girl stuck in Dover storm drain retrieving phone
A teenage girl gets stuck in a storm drain in Dover while trying to retrieve her mobile phone which had fallen into it.