Report with text spanning >1 page

Hi!

Using PB6.5.  We have a record with several character columns used to
store large amounts of text (approx 4-30K characters).  Our columns are
2k, and can have 2+ rows.

About halfway down page 1 of our report, we need to display the text
columns consecutively down the page, possibly overflowing to 2nd & even
3rd pages.  Then we have another nested report to start on a new page
after the text.

We have tried many approaches - nested, composite, etc - but cannot get
the text to "page break" properly.  Logically, we want the text in one
or more nested reports, since we have a "header" before the text area,
and on each "overflow" page.  One problem - we do not know which column
will reach the bottom of the page and force the page break.

Perhaps we need to combine our columns into one text "blob", or rethink
our table structure?.  Last resort would be to store all the text line
by line, but that introduces other problems (with word wrap during data
entry, for example).

Has anyone had any experience with this sort of "text-intensive"
record/report?

TIA,

Stephen Clarke

0
Stephen

Printing >1 page of text in a report
Hi! I have made similar posts without success, and am now looking for basic advice as we are spinning our wheels on this one. We have a PB 6.5 report with about half a page of single line data fields, followed by a large text display area occupying the entire bottom half. The data source for this text needs to be large - in excess of 5,000 characters - and therefore "overflows" the 1st page. However we try to display the text (columns, nested report, nested in a composite..), PB does not page break within the text properly. A variety of problems occur - chopping tex...

1 Xml -> 2 DataWindows; 2 DataWindows -> 1 Xml
Hi Is it possible to import an Xml file like <data> <dataX>...</dataX> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> ... <dataV>...</dataV> </data> to one Datawindow ? On the other hand is it easily possible to assemble data from two Datawindows in one XML file ? thanks Thomas Kovasits Thomas Kovasits wrote: > Hi > Is it possible to import an Xml file like > <data> > <dataX>...</dataX> > <dataV>...</dataV> > &l...

Implementing custom paging with gridview like 1.2.3.>>>>>>>>>Next with stored proc output
ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[sp_GetGriddata] @MeetingID INT , @Orderby VARCHAR(50) = 'FileName ASC',   -- Parmeters for Paging [Start] @TotalPages INT OUT, @CurrentPageNumber INT OUT, @NumberOfRecords INT = 5 , /*PageSize*/ @CurrentPage INT = NULL /*PageNumber*/ -- Parmeters for Paging [End] AS My stored proc as above parameters it returns the output as specied in above out parameters Pls explain how i can apply paging  1.2.3>>>>>>>>>Next  like in gridview with above output Hi Swati Jain:       &nbs...

From PAGE >> Login >> back to Same PAGE
I'm trying to get the Login link within a paragraph (Text/HTML module) to return visitor to that specific page once done. Now it recycles them to the Home page once done. I have the A HREF directing them to "/SOFTWARE/ProductTours/tabid/91/ctl/Login/Default.aspx", but it redirects to "/Login/tabid/66/Default.aspx" every time... and then pushes them to the Home once logging in. How can I get them to return to "/SOFTWARE/ProductTours/tabid/91/Default.aspx" once done?Thanks!! I assume you are using Forms Authentication. There is a FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage method that will do ...

Powerbuilder forces page breaks in my datawindow report!
I have a report dw_1 that retrieves records perfectly fine. As soon as I add a nested report based on a datawindow dw_2 that's supposed to retrieve all children records for each record in dw_1, a page break is forced if the children records in dw_2 take more than one page of space, and the record from dw_1 is shifted with it's children to the next page. Is that a powerbuilder bug? How can I work around it? ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp No, it is by design. The same behavior we have for group style DWs....

Printing > 1 page of text object.
Hello, I am having a problem with the datawindow on text fields that are greater than 1 page. Here is the layout of my datawindow. Header - Header information Detail - ( has to different sections) - Body - Comments. What is happening is when I have let say four ids that have to be printed. Each id must be printed on a separate page. The header, body and comments on the 1st id looks great. But the comments roll over to the next page. The next page is in the format. Header - 1st id Detail - Comment - (from 1st id) - Body ...

Edit Text/HTML Problem after upgrading from 2.1.1 -> 3.1.1
I'm in the middle of testing an upgrade for my dnn site. I first zipped all the files on the server, backed up the database and recreated the site on my local machine (http://localhost/dnn). I updated the PortalAlias field in the Portals table to include 'localhost/dnn'.When I browsed to the default page I got the following error:[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] DotNetNuke.PortalSettings.GetPortalSettings(Int32 TabId, Int32 PortalId) +135 DotNetNuke.PortalSettings..ctor(Int32 tabId, Int32 PortalId) +253 DotNetNuke.Global.Application_BeginRequest...

ERROR >>>>>>>>>>>master page
can any budy give me an answer of given question this question is ask in interview we have an usercontrol in .net 1.0,1.1 why microsoft implimented the masterpage concept in 2.0 as work done by master page is same as usercontrol do   can any budy gives mw an ans -----------why we use master pages........???????? Friend, this article explains you why do we use the master pages http://dotnetperls.com/Content/Master-Page-Code-Behind.aspx and this one http://www.careerride.com/ASP.NET-Master-Pages-Questions.aspx Good luck!Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer&quo...

Search 1 sql column > results page > details about that record page
i don't know how advanced this is or anything, i am new to asp. i have my server all setup and working with asp / aspx pages i have a page with two html forms on, each with a text box and a submit button. i want them to search different columns in my MS SQL 2005 express database. from the development and host machine  the sql's address is: PITT-SVR\SQLEXPRESS with the sequence outlined in the subject, how do i do this???    full for dumies instructions would be great :D.   thanks JoeCheers, Joe joepitt91: i don't know how advanced this is or a...

How to specify page breaks for printing a web page that spans more than 1 page?
I'm trying to make a catalog. I insert my product images into individual cells into a Webforms Table control (4 columns, x number of rows). This displays fine on a web page, where I'm able to scroll up and down to view all the products. However, I want to be able to print them so that I have 12 pictures per page (4 column, 3 rows). Currently when I try to print, it uses the page width as an indicator as to where the page breaks occur, thus I may have pictures that are cut in half!  What can I do to solve this problem? Are there specifi...

> 1 HTMLDW on 1 Page

custom paging, << PREV 1,2-3-4,5 NEXT>> &page=3
Does any one know how you to do custom paging?, i read that allowing gridview paging, returns all the results that your query... for example it will retreive 150 records even if your page size is only 10 records, I am woundering how you would do a select method for this? and how you would create the hyprelinks to function at the bottom of a gridview, I notice on most websites they use a QueryString such as page=3 etc.? Cheers Success comes to those who prepare well and put in effort. Take a look at http://kikosantos.wordpress.com/2006/05/17/custom-paging-in-gridview-control/...

capability question: word docs->text files->searches->reports?
hi, am an absolute newbie to asp. wanted to kno if i can write script that can convert a bunch of word docs uploaded to a server into text files, do some searches in the text files for keywords and then generate reports? any particular functions/resources to help me? thanks jose...

want my paging style to be like this : Page 1 of 81394 (813935 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Hello.... Does anyone has any idea how to achieve the paging style of a gridview like this : " Page 1 of 81394 (813935 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » " this is the same as shown in asp.net site's search. Please help thanks http://www.codeproject.com/KB/grid/ExtendingGridViewControl.aspxhttp://dotnetslackers.com/articles/gridview/Custom-GridView-with-Paging-and-Filtering.aspx  http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=formatting+gridview+pager&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&a...

Web resources about - Report with text spanning >1 page - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Spanning Tree Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Spanning Tree Protocol ( STP ) is a network protocol that ensures a loop-free topology for any bridged Ethernet local area network . The ...

The American Quiz - A Free U.S. Quiz Game Spanning Celebrities, History, Geography, Entertainment, Sports ...
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about The American Quiz - A Free U.S. Quiz Game Spanning Celebrities, ...

Spanning partners with Fronde
Spanning Cloud Apps Has partnered with Fronde to bring the Cloud backup and recovery firm’s service-as-a-service (SaaS) to Australia and New ...

Jihadist group ISIS has declared a ‘new caliphate’ spanning the Middle East. What is it, and what does ...
A SELF-declared &#8216;caliph&#8217; wants to impose his own personal &#8216;kingdom of heaven&#8217; on the world. Can he do it, and what is ...

Darkode computer hacking forum shuts after investigation spanning 20 countries
Law enforcement agencies from 20 countries working together have shut down a major computer hacking forum, and U.S. officials have filed criminal ...

Spanning the decades: Gladesville Bridge marks 50 years since opening across Parramatta River
When the Gladesville Bridge opened in 1964, engineers declared its impressive concrete arches, which stretch 300 metres across the Parramatta ...

David Eastman: The history of a legal saga spanning 25 years
Eastman has served more than 19 years for the murder of AFP assistant commissioner Colin Winchester.

Child pornography bust spanning 17 countries leads to 41 arrests
York Regional Police say one warrant executed at a Toronto-area home led to an international child pornography investigation that eventually ...

See Vice's Globe-Spanning Preview for Broadly, Its New Channel for Women
Vice has just released a promo for Broadly, the ascendant media company's new women-focused channel to debut on Aug. 3. From the looks of the ...

Survey Reveals Social Shopping Habits Spanning Generations - SocialTimes
Facebook and Pinterest are the most popular destinations for social shoppers.