Report with nested report always displaying in Preview

Hi,

PB 6.5
Build #444
Windows2000

I have a datawindow (a report) that displays some data in the detail band as
well as the group1 header and trailer bands.  I have placed a nested report
(in the summary band) on the report as well.  When I run the report, at both
dev time and run time, the report is displayed in Preview mode.  I attempt
to turn it off via script (dw_report.Modify("DataWindow.print.preview =
No")) but it didn't work.

Has anyone encounter this?  If so, how do I get around this?

Thanks in advance.

- Andy

0
Andrew
8/30/2002 1:42:13 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow 28057 articles. 2 followers. Follow

AFAIK, you can't - composite datawindows and datawindows with nested reports
are always displayed in preview mode.

"Andrew Joos" <ajoos@crunchtime.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> PB 6.5
> Build #444
> Windows2000
>
> I have a datawindow (a report) that displays some data in the detail band
as
> well as the group1 header and trailer bands.  I have placed a nested
report
> (in the summary band) on the report as well.  When I run the report, at
both
> dev time and run time, the report is displayed in Preview mode.  I attempt
> to turn it off via script (dw_report.Modify("DataWindow.print.preview =
> No")) but it didn't work.
>
> Has anyone encounter this?  If so, how do I get around this?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> - Andy

0
Scott

nested reports in nested report
Hi, I have a report with a nested dw in a nested dw. I would like to change som properties of both datawindows/reports (width and moving som columns - it's a grid report) But how do I reference the nested report. I cant use GetChild (fails as it is not a Composite). I have managed to get the to the first report and change the width of i with the syntax dwobject dwo_1 dwo_1 = dw_report.Object.dw_1 dwo_1.width = 3000 But trying to get to the next level this fails, i.e. i tried dwobject dwo_2 dwo_2 = dwo_1.Object.dw_2 // fails at runtime Does anyone have a sugg...

Composite report: nested reports do not appear in preview
I created a composite report (report A) with a nested report (report B)in the detail band. This nested report (B) is also a composite report with a nested report(C1) in the detail band and three other nested reports(C2,C3,C4) in the summary band. Two of the nested reports (C3,C4)from the summary band are set one on the top of the other (You can see C3 through C4 that it is in the top). Well, I have two problems: 1.- If I print report B from the DW painter (which is only one page) every thing is okay. But if I print it from my application in run time, the report C4 display the da...

Composite report: nested reports do not appear in preview
I created a composite report (report A) with a nested report (report B)in the detail band. This nested report (B) is also a composite report with a nested report(C1) in the detail band and three other nested reports(C2,C3,C4) in the summary band. Two of the nested reports (C3,C4)from the summary band are set one on the top of the other (You can see C3 through C4 that it is in the top). Well, I have two problems: 1.- If I print report B from the DW painter (which is only one page) every thing is okay. But if I print it from my application in run time, the report C4 display the da...

Nested Report (is a row in a nested report)
I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report. I tried the following statements: dwobject ldw_report any la_data[] ldw_report=tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.Object.dw_1[1] la_data=ldw_report.Object.Data // this statement fails, if there is no row if UpperBound(la_data) > 0 then ... How about: DataWindowChild ldwc tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.GetChild('dw_1', ldwc) IF ldwc.RowCount() > 0 THEN ..... Brad Dirk wrote: > I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report. > > I tried the following statements: > > dwobject ldw_r...

Nested report inside nested report
Has any one tried to put and populate a nested report inside already existing nested report? Yes, What problems are you having? Just retreive the main report and the nested - nested report will retrieve. > Has any one tried to put and populate a nested report > inside already existing nested report? ...

Problem Created Nested Report Object On Report DataWindow
Hi All I'm using PB703 Build 10213. I face a problem creating a Sub-Report Object on an existing Report Data window. When ever I try to do this the system crushes. I also tried to copy an existing sub-report object from another datawindow. In this case the system does not crush, but all columns on the main datawindow, having a ddlb edit style, loose the ddlb information. (Even if you define them again, when you close & reopen the datawindwo, they are gone)! Any help appreciated Thanks In Advance Stelios ...

GetChild on Nested Report that contains Nested Reports?
I have a composite report that contains five nested reports. One of the nested reports contains nested reports within it. GetChild does not work on this NR. This was listed under the GetChild help. Nested reports: You cannot use GetChild to get a reference to a report in a composite DataWindow when the report itself is a composite or nested DataWindow. I need to get a handle to this NR so I can apply translations. Any ideas? There are multiple rows, therefore PB doesn't know which nested report to apply the change to. What type of change are you doing? > I hav...

Nested Report -> Nested Report RowCount()
Hi All, I'm nearly there, just one more thing to work out . . . I have a composite which contains three nested reports dw_letter -> nested_1 nested_2 -> nested_4 nested_3 I can't use GetChild because this is deeper than one level, thus I am using dot notation ls_user = dw_letter.Object.nested_2.object.nested_4.object.Data[ll_current_row,ll_user id_col] I need to build on this to step through all the users in the nested datawindow, thus I need to know how many rows are in there, e.g. To do this I need something like rowcount ll_max_rows = dw_letter....

display reporting services report in report viewer in remote mode
Hi  I have some problem in displaying a report done through reporting services in asp.net 2.0 report viewer server control for remote processing mode.I have created a Reporting Services project through Business Intelligence Development Studio and another Web application project in VS 2005. I have take a Report Viewer control on a form to view report created in the reporting services project. I have set the Processing mode of Report Viewer to Remote, have set ReportServerURL to "http://localhost/ReportServer" and Report Path as the "/(Reporting service proje...

Nested Report doesn't display after sorting or filtering the parent report
I have made a report which has a nested report in it. The nested report shows data when i retrieve the report. But,after i sort or filter the report on any criteria, the nested report doesn't dispaly the data. In a grouped report the nested report doesn't show the data even when its retrieved initialy. I am using PB 7.03 build 10312. ur help needed Sukhvinder ...

Nested report does not line op to the previous nested report
Hi everyone, I have a problem with lining up nested report. I created a composite report with 4 nested reports. The fist nested report is a free form report. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th report are grid reports. The 2nd grid report line up directly to data show in the 1st report. But 3rd and 4th report each start on a new page. But I do not want this. I want to line them up like 2nd report to the 1st report.. How can I solve this problem? I checked if the new page property is set for the repport, but this is not the case. They all have property 'autosize heigth' and 'slide dir...

GetChild returns -1 with nested reports in nested reports
We have a composite datawindows with 4 reports. One of the reports has 2 nested reports. When we use GetChild to get a reference to the 4 reports, the report with the nested reports returns -1. When we remove the nested reports all works fine. Is this normal behaviour or a bug?? We're using PB5.0.02. -- Greetings, Hans Groeneveld, TSD Automatisering B.V. h_groeneveld@tsd.nl Hans Groeneveld wrote: > > We have a composite datawindows with 4 reports. One of the reports has 2 > nested reports. > When we use GetChild to get a reference to the 4 reports,...

Crystal Report in Datawindow Report
Hi All, I want to include crystal report in Powerbuilder datawindow. How can I do this?. Can anyone help me in this regard. Thanks in advance for any help, Smith I have never done this myself. But I went to Dejanews.com and searched for crystal report & powerbuilder and found the following, hope it will help you. Our company (ASTEN) has developed a Crystal Report interface that made Powerbuilder application Crystal-enabled. This interface is based on the Crystal Report Print Engine API. This interface include the following features : - invoking a crystal repor...

omit the print preview in a datawindow where a nested report is inside
Hi, is it possible to omit the print preview in a datawindow where a nested report is inside? That means i want to display the datawindow in the normal mode on the screen and not having a page break and the blue line around the datawindow. Thanx in advance for any idea! Dietmar Dietmar Fuchs wrote: > Hi, > > is it possible to omit the print preview in a datawindow where a nested > report is inside? That means i want to display the datawindow in the normal > mode on the screen and not having a page break and the blue line around the > datawindow....

Web resources about - Report with nested report always displaying in Preview - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

List of mammals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For these mammals, there is documented evidence of homosexual behavior of one or more of the following kinds: sexual behavior , courtship , affection ...

Facebook Displaying Page Insights On Page Admins’ Personal Pages?
Some Facebook page administrators are seeing modules on their personal pages displaying page insights ad, campaign , and like totals for pages ...

Facebook Displaying Unread Messages from Pages in a New Updates Module
Facebook is displaying a new “Updates” sidebar module which shows some users unread messages sent to them by Pages. Users will see the Updates ...

Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air CNN Live - YouTube
Don Lemon Holds Up Sign Displaying the N-Word, Uncensored, on Air Lemon held up a Confederate flag first before holding up the sign. He asked, ...

Hazelwood coal mine fire: Morwell residents displaying symptoms similar to cigarette smokers, expert ...
An expert says some locals near Victoria's Hazelwood mine fire have symptoms similar to cigarette smokers.

Police accused of displaying fake G20 weapons
Toronto's top police officer misled the public by displaying fake weapons used in a medieval-themed role-playing game to help justify their actions ...

No charges for U.S. host for displaying high-capacity magazine on TV
NBC television journalist David Gregory won't face charges for displaying a high-capacity ammunition magazine on his "Meet the Press" news program ...

Jays' Escobar suspended three games for displaying slur
Toronto Blue Jays shortstop Yunel Escobar has been suspended three games for displaying a homophobic slur on his eye-black during a game on Saturday. ...

Google Play Store now displaying age-based ratings
We reported back in May that Google was adding age-based ratings to all apps in the Play Store as determined by the International Age Rating ...

Apple displaying Ferraris & other cars at WWDC hinting at CarPlay announcements
... 2014 Filed under: AAPL Company , iOS Continue reading more about AAPL Company and iOS at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple displaying ...